Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Post by ZombieVito » Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:51 am

So I'm curious on what people think about this:

If 1st form Freeza in the RoF arc is a 10 then how much would you put Final form Freeza at?

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by p-hyvo » Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:27 am

ZombieVito wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:51 am So I'm curious on what people think about this:

If 1st form Freeza in the RoF arc is a 10 then how much would you put Final form Freeza at?
Imo Final form 100% has a x300 mult on base

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:55 am

p-hyvo wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:27 am
ZombieVito wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 1:51 am So I'm curious on what people think about this:

I agree.

Of course Freeza used only his 50% Final, so it would be more like a ×150 increase in the eyes of the Dragon Team, but his 100% would be that strong.
P O W E R

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by p-hyvo » Sun Oct 13, 2019 7:43 am

Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:55 am
p-hyvo wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:27 am

I agree.

Of course Freeza used only his 50% Final, so it would be more like a ×150 increase in the eyes of the Dragon Team, but his 100% would be that strong.
J
A counter argument could be " 100% freezer was listed at 120'000'000 in daizenshuu, it means that his finalbase form grants a x225.something multiplier on base "
To that, I would say : yeah, but the 100% freezer we've seen in z was injuried, he wasn't full stamina. He endured a hit from a genkidama that , his own words, almist killed him. he wasn't at his true 100% but he was just using all power he could in that situation and condition

Soldierofficial
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Soldierofficial » Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:13 pm

1st Form Freeza: 10
Final Form Freeza (50%): 3.500

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by p-hyvo » Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:24 pm

Soldierofficial wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:13 pm

So , for you final form has a x700 multiplier... exaggerated lol

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:59 pm

So I take none of you agree with Hugo Boss' take on Good Boo > FF Freeza.

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by p-hyvo » Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:32 pm

ZombieVito wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:59 pm So I take none of you agree with Hugo Boss' take on Good Boo > FF Freeza.
Obviously not.
God Goku = beyond God Goku>=ff freezer (70%)>>>>>>>good buu
That's a fact

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:51 pm

p-hyvo wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:32 pm
ZombieVito wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 5:59 pm So I take none of you agree with Hugo Boss' take on Good Boo > FF Freeza.
Obviously not.
That's a fact
That’s only your opinion. There is no beyond God form.

Dragon Ball Super made very clear that we only have Base, SS, SS2, SS3, SSGod, SSBlue and Ultra Instinct following a linear sequence of powerlevel. And as far as Base is concerned, it can only contend with Majin Boo in a sparring match. So, obviously if Good Boo fights seriously, Goku has to use more than his Base level.

Soldierofficial
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Soldierofficial » Sun Oct 13, 2019 10:20 pm

p-hyvo wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:24 pm
Soldierofficial wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 2:13 pm

So , for you final form has a x700 multiplier... exaggerated lol
Not really, Namek Freeza has a battle power of 375 million at least.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:25 am

Hugo Boss wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 6:51 pm
Obviously not.
That's a fact

Dragon Ball Super made very clear that we only have Base, SS, SS2, SS3, SSGod, SSBlue and Ultra Instinct following a linear sequence of powerlevel. And as far as Base is concerned, it can only contend with Majin Boo in a sparring match. So, obviously if Good Boo fights seriously, Goku has to use more than his Base level.
Good Boo only defeated Goku by taking him off guard though.

Goku could have been suppressed by a lot.

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by p-hyvo » Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:16 am

Obviously not.
That's a fact

It is not an opinion. Final form freezer demonstrated to be on par with God got st the tournament of power. Thinking he's weaker than good buu is just stupid.
In the last comment I included beyond God to be more complete,considering that in revival of f final form freezer was beyond God tier

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Mon Oct 14, 2019 7:56 am

p-hyvo wrote: Sun Oct 13, 2019 3:27 am Imo Final form 100% has a x300 mult on base
that's quite the error.

1st Form is NOT Base.
1st Form is RESTRICTED.

Final Form is Base.

In fact, there is nothing suggesting he did need to restrict himself as much as back to Namek to keep control of his own strength. Hell, post-RoF he now can control his strength without any restriction form.

Likewise, his Buff form is probably obsolete and surpassed, "evolving" in the Golden Form and shouldn't be taken as his "full power" anymore

Soldierofficial
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Soldierofficial » Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:55 am

p-hyvo wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 5:16 am
Obviously not.
That's a fact

It is not an opinion. Final form freezer demonstrated to be on par with God got st the tournament of power. Thinking he's weaker than good buu is just stupid.
In the last comment I included beyond God to be more complete,considering that in revival of f final form freezer was beyond God tier
Final Form Freeza proved to be as strong as Base Goku every time they met.

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:04 am

For me the increase is that of 300 times too.

However, my take on the vents is different. Freeza trained hard to get results and powered up his overall strength to a point where his 1st suppression form was enough to fight a weaker Buu arc Super Saiyan Gohan. I actually think that RoF SS Gohan was on par with the SS Gohan that faced Dabura.

I am not sure what people think of that Gohan compared to Goku and Vegeta, but I think, having him 3 ties weaker in a respective form(always referring to Buu saga bases) sounds correct.

When Freeza came on earth he was very certain that he would defeat Goku and Vegeta (I could use the fight against Buu as an example, but I don't remember if the scene from hell is filler). This Freeza imo created the same gap in power as the one that he had with Goku in Namek. That being that Goku's hypothetical Base would be only a 20th of Freeza's 50%.

But, Goku's and Vegeta's training with Whis, on top of their experience of God powers, granted them a boost in power that was enough to rival Freeza's Final.

Majin Buu was a Buu saga SS3 tier being. This SS3 Goku would be nearly 3 times stronger than a hypothetical SS3 Gohan. The Unleashed Potential of Ultimate Gohan was an entirelyb different case.

Assuming that weakened Buu saga Gohan = RoF Gohan, then Majin Buu should be around 25 times stronger than SS Gohan. Of course by this time, he wouldn't experience any boosts in power, but say that I am being generous and I double his strength since back then, on top of having him (Good Buu) equal to Super Buu/Fat Buu. This would be a 50 times difference.

How does this play? Easy

SS Gohan (RoF-Early Buu saga) = 1

Majin Buu (Good Buu, RoF) = 50

1st Form Freeza = 1.25
2nd Form Freeza = 2.5
3rd Form Freeza = 5
50% Final Freeza = 150
100% Final Freeza (unseen FP) = 300

SBG (I call them this because of their God training and God power up, not due to them being able to use God Ki in base or anything) Goku and Vegeta = 160-170
*note that their hypothetical Bases would have been 20 times weaker.

So yeah. Buu would be able to defeat Freeza in his suppression forms, which is understandable, however should the latter tap into at least 25% of his power, he would win no matter what, although that would require him to transform into the Final Form.
P O W E R

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Mon Oct 14, 2019 10:58 am

ZombieVito wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:25 am Good Boo only defeated Goku by taking him off guard though.

Goku could have been suppressed by a lot.
Goku was suppressed by a lot, since he didn’t use any of his transformations. The point is that his Base level is evenly matched with a non-serious Good Boo. So, if Freeza is evenly matched with Goku’s base level, he is also evenly matched with a non-serious Good Boo. But, in the Tournament of Power, I think Freeza is comparable with Super Saiyan Goku.

p-hyvo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by p-hyvo » Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:26 pm

Soldierofficial wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:55 am

All the times?
1) revival of f : Goku was beyond god, not base
2) prior to the tournament of power :Goku was shown in "base" to keep coherence with revival of f, so that "base"could perfectly be a beyond God
3) tournament of power : against dysplasia, final form freezer demonstrated to be In the same tier as God Goku (see the fight against dyspo)

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:56 pm

p-hyvo wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 1:26 pm
Soldierofficial wrote: Mon Oct 14, 2019 8:55 am

All the times?
1) revival of f : Goku was beyond god, not base
2) prior to the tournament of power :Goku was shown in "base" to keep coherence with revival of f, so that "base"could perfectly be a beyond God
3) tournament of power : against dysplasia, final form freezer demonstrated to be In the same tier as God Goku (see the fight against dyspo)
Against Anilaza too. He could have gone 100% but he probably saw no use to it (he could, as he did transform in front of Frost after all). But OK, we shouldn't jump to such conclusions.

I mean, FF Freeza being SSG level sounds a bit off. There is the counterargument that Goku uses Blue against Freeza and he uses True Golden or Golden (depending on the fight), so the boost the forms provide needs to be similar. That contradicts his fight with Base/Aura of a God Toppo as he uses True Golden, when Goku and Vegeta matched him with Blue and Blue KK in instances, so that would lowball the multiplier for the True Golden form.

Either way, I think he is SS level by the ToP too. Perhaps low SS2, but since he used True Golden against a max power SS2 Cabba, it is contradicted.
P O W E R

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:47 pm

There is a moment in the fight against Anilasa that Freeza kicks SSGod Goku in the back. Goku noted that attack barely tickled, so I don’t understand how exactly people still think that Freeza is SSGod level. Heck, he used his golden form against SS2 Cabba, of all people.

In another hand, Base Gohan was almost as strong as Base Goku and he wasn’t able to fight evenly with the Yardratian from U2. Freeza had no problem with that guy and he is likely stronger than Frost. Not to mention that when he and Goku finished Jiren off, Freeza was paired with Super Saiyan Goku. So, there are elements enough to assume he can force his way up to SS level at that point.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Mon Oct 14, 2019 4:04 pm

FF Freeza was going at it with a Dyspo, who was body bagging Hit.