Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Bergamo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Post by Bergamo » Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:24 pm

Doctor. wrote:
Omniboy wrote:Am I correct in saying that Kale's super saiyan form is nowhere near as strong as SSB Goku and Golden Frieza?
She defeated Golden Freeza, she slapped Toppo and SSB Vegeta away and she defeated Anilaza. Yes, she is, no matter how incompetent Toyo is at portraying that strength during her scuffle with the Pride Troopers.
Toyotaro isn't incompetent. Kale's muscular form slows her down similar to SSJ grade 3. The pride troopers are able to predict her moves and get out of the way in time, and this is because of her decreased speed, not because Toyotaro made a mistake.
My explanations for the events of my favorite current manga.

DBS Manga Explained: Goku Black's Transformations

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:25 pm

Doctor. wrote:So, SS Goku > Tupper > Berserker Kale > SSB Goku = Golden Freeza.

That's what I've managed to gather. Can't find any faults here.
Looks good to me!

Bergamo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bergamo » Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:27 pm

PFM18 wrote:

Looks good to me!
Tupper is not stronger than Kale. Kale is slow.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:30 pm

Bergamo wrote:
Doctor. wrote:
Omniboy wrote:Am I correct in saying that Kale's super saiyan form is nowhere near as strong as SSB Goku and Golden Frieza?
She defeated Golden Freeza, she slapped Toppo and SSB Vegeta away and she defeated Anilaza. Yes, she is, no matter how incompetent Toyo is at portraying that strength during her scuffle with the Pride Troopers.
Toyotaro isn't incompetent. Kale's muscular form slows her down similar to SSJ grade 3. The pride troopers are able to predict her moves and get out of the way in time, and this is because of her decreased speed, not because Toyotaro made a mistake.
Where is that stated? They just say she's predictable, not that she's slow.

Omniboy
Beyond Newbie

Post by Omniboy » Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:31 pm

Bergamo wrote:
PFM18 wrote:

Looks good to me!
He never said Tupper was stronger than Kale.

Bergamo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bergamo » Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:31 pm

Omniboy wrote:
Bergamo wrote:
PFM18 wrote:
Looks good to me!
Are you blind?
Doctor. wrote:
Bergamo wrote:
Doctor. wrote: She defeated Golden Freeza, she slapped Toppo and SSB Vegeta away and she defeated Anilaza. Yes, she is, no matter how incompetent Toyo is at portraying that strength during her scuffle with the Pride Troopers.
Where is that stated? They just say she's predictable, not that she's slow.
https://mobile.twitter.com/Herms98/stat ... 1381497856

The mods locked the thread as a way to stop blind hatred coming from people who don't have proper context. You are the problem.

Omniboy
Beyond Newbie

Post by Omniboy » Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:37 pm

Bergamo wrote:
Omniboy wrote:
Bergamo wrote: Tupper is not stronger than Kale. Kale is slow.
Are you blind?
No, need to angry. I probably just misread it.

I thought he was saying that Tupper is stronger than SSJ Goku, Berserker Kale is stronger than Tupper, and both SSB Goku and Golden Frieza are both stronger than Berserker Kale.

Honestly I proabably just misinterpreted what the arrows meant. My bad :?
Last edited by Omniboy on Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:40 pm

Bergamo wrote:The mods locked the thread as a way to stop blind hatred coming from people who don't have proper context. You are the problem.
I've seen the tweet. He doesn't say she's slower, he says her attacks are easy to read. Those are two different things.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:41 pm

Omniboy wrote:
Bergamo wrote:
PFM18 wrote:
Looks good to me!
Yeah he did. Look at the power chain

Omniboy
Beyond Newbie

Post by Omniboy » Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:44 pm

PFM18 wrote:
Omniboy wrote:
Bergamo wrote: Tupper is not stronger than Kale. Kale is slow.
I misinterpreted what the arrows meant, but I don't see how Tupper is stronger than Kale.

Bergamo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bergamo » Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:45 pm

Doctor. wrote:
Bergamo wrote:The mods locked the thread as a way to stop blind hatred coming from people who don't have proper context. You are the problem.
I've seen the tweet. He doesn't say she's slower, he says her attacks are easy to read. Those are two different things.
The tweet says that the line is a direct reference to Trunks from the cell saga. Trunks was too slow, thus why you can infer that Kale is too slow. Also, the tweet implies that this is a problem with her form, not that she's just bad at martial arts.
Omniboy wrote:
PFM18 wrote:
Omniboy wrote:
I misinterpreted what the arrows meant, but I don't see how Tupper is stronger than Kale.
He's not. People are just trying to discredit the manga based on misinterpretations of some untranslated panels.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:51 pm

Bergamo wrote:
Doctor. wrote:
The tweet says that the line is a direct reference to Trunks from the cell saga. Trunks was too slow, thus why you can infer that Kale is too slow. Also, the tweet implies that this is a problem with her form, not that she's just bad at martial arts.
The issue here is that Kale still shouldn't be getting hurt, the fact she's a slow doesn't diminsh the fact her other attributes are still considerably higher than the people she's fighting, meaning she still shouldn't be getting hurt by them.

This is like tank being seriously damaged by regular infantry fire because it's not fast enough.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Bergamo
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bergamo » Thu Jul 19, 2018 2:56 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
Bergamo wrote:
Doctor. wrote: I've seen the tweet. He doesn't say she's slower, he says her attacks are easy to read. Those are two different things.
The issue here is that Kale still shouldn't be getting hurt, the fact she's a slow doesn't diminsh the fact her other attributes are still considerably higher than the people she's fighting, meaning she still shouldn't be getting hurt by them.

This is like tank being seriously damaged by regular infantry fire because it's not fast enough.
Not only is she getting wailed on by 7 people of varying strengths, but her form is quickly exhausting and killing her.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:02 pm

The gr wrote:WTF Base Gohan deflected a ki blast from SSJ Kefla like it was nothing.
    Next month is gonna be the biggest shitshow, R.I.P to the powerscaling in the manga.
    The power scale in the manga was already screwed when they decided to give Black a Super Saiyan form.

This chapter is seriously awful and ruins the tournament. How can anyone defend the manga is beyond me.

Bergamo
    OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bergamo » Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:08 pm

ZombieVito wrote:
    The gr wrote:WTF Base Gohan deflected a ki blast from SSJ Kefla like it was nothing.
      Next month is gonna be the biggest shitshow, R.I.P to the powerscaling in the manga.
      The power scale in the manga was already screwed when they decided to give Black a Super Saiyan form.

This chapter is seriously awful and ruins the tournament. How can anyone defend the manga is beyond me.
      Oh look, a other person who dislikes the manga because they don't fundamentally understand it.

Let me guess...
      -"Super Saiyan Black is fighting SSB Vegeta! Screw context, that's duuuuummmb.:
      -"Vegeta using SSG is duuummmb."
      -"I wanted to wait another 3 months for the fodder characters to get eliminated. Actually, if that happened I'd call the manga boring."

I'm thinking about making a post to explain the powerscaling in the manga, so that people like you will stop your blind hatred.

Lord Beerus
      Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:11 pm

Bergamo wrote:
      ekrolo2 wrote:
      Bergamo wrote: The tweet says that the line is a direct reference to Trunks from the cell saga. Trunks was too slow, thus why you can infer that Kale is too slow. Also, the tweet implies that this is a problem with her form, not that she's just bad at martial arts.

Not only is she getting wailed on by 7 people of varying strengths, but her form is quickly exhausting and killing her.
      Is that really the case?

ekrolo2
      Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:14 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
      Bergamo wrote:Not only is she getting wailed on by 7 people of varying strengths, but her form is quickly exhausting and killing her.
      Is that really the case?
      I'm curious too since they say she'll destroy herself but it seems like they're just overpowering her because she's slow.
      When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Bergamo
      OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Bergamo » Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:18 pm

This is a perfect case study of why you shouldn't judge a manga that's not in a language you understand.

Omniboy
      Beyond Newbie

Post by Omniboy » Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:38 pm

I kind of have to point out that they weren't overpowering her like 1 on 1. They were all rapidly moving around her waiting for her guard to go down so that they could wait for the perfect opportunity to strike.

dragon boss z
      I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by dragon boss z » Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:40 pm

I feel Kale was overpowered a bit, making Gohan having any sort of chance against ssj Kefla make no sense. Either that or ssj Kefla is barely stronger than Kale, or is maybe the same level with better speed and control, but even then Gohan shouldn't be above SSB or Golden Frieza. I guess we'll see next chapter, but it's being heavily implies he is about to do something.