Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Re: Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Post by Hugo Boss » Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:23 pm

I found some interesting stickers of this new set scattered on the internet (some numbers are unreadable but we can get updates). Unfortunately, I can’t translate its name, so someone might want to help me out.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:09 pm

Hugo Boss wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:23 pm I found some interesting stickers of this new set scattered on the internet (some numbers are unreadable but we can get updates). Unfortunately, I can’t translate its name, so someone might want to help me out.
It has SSJ Broly<SSB Goku/Vegeta? That's just downright wrong

Champa The Destroyer
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Champa The Destroyer » Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:36 pm

Hugo Boss wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 6:23 pm I found some interesting stickers of this new set scattered on the internet (some numbers are unreadable but we can get updates). Unfortunately, I can’t translate its name, so someone might want to help me out.

As PFM said, it's a bit odd that they have SSB Goku and Vegeta above SS Broly. It's pretty interesting though that they have Full Power Belly equal to MUI Goku and Gogeta above MUI Goku (which both I probably agree with, though I would have to watch Broly more before making an accurate judgement).

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:40 pm

PFM18 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:09 pm It has SSJ Broly<SSB Goku/Vegeta? That's just downright wrong
I agree with you on that, but what’s your point? In a older set Pissed Broly had 7,000 while SSG Goku and Vegeta had bigger numbers.

Edit: Most of stickers including Freeza Arc stuff

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:27 am

Hugo Boss wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 10:40 pm
PFM18 wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 9:09 pm It has SSJ Broly<SSB Goku/Vegeta? That's just downright wrong
I agree with you on that, but what’s your point? In a older set Pissed Broly had 7,000 while SSG Goku and Vegeta had bigger numbers.

Edit: Most of stickers including Freeza Arc stuff
I guess my point is that it's wrong so maybe we shouldn't use it.

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:37 am

Here is the final and updated version of DBS:Broly's power scaling for the fights (mainly for Broly) by me.
P O W E R

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:14 am

You know, I don't really know where people are getting so many power-ups for Broly from.

Based on what I saw, there were fewer and more distinct boosts. The first when Broly took SS Vegeta's punch and then started to gain the upperhand, the second when he raged out and used his Oozaru power against SSG Vegeta, the third when he powered up in his Ikari form to fight Goku, the fourth when he turned Super Saiyan on top of Ikari, and the fifth and final one when he powered up against SS Gogeta.

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:40 am

PerhapsTheOtherOne wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:14 am You know, I don't really know where people are getting so many power-ups for Broly from.

Based on what I saw, there were fewer and more distinct boosts. The first when Broly took SS Vegeta's punch and then started to gain the upperhand, the second when he raged out and used his Oozaru power against SSG Vegeta, the third when he powered up in his Ikari form to fight Goku, the fourth when he turned Super Saiyan on top of Ikari, and the fifth and final one when he powered up against SS Gogeta.
Personally, whenever Broly's aura (in Base at least) appeared, there was a comment from Vegeta, a certain move or some kind of indication that Broly got stronger. Too many power-ups, I know, but still it would only be natural for Broly who has been growing strong all these years and now he can unleash his power.
P O W E R

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:35 am

Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:40 am
PerhapsTheOtherOne wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:14 am You know, I don't really know where people are getting so many power-ups for Broly from.

Personally, whenever Broly's aura (in Base at least) appeared, there was a comment from Vegeta, a certain move or some kind of indication that Broly got stronger. Too many power-ups, I know, but still it would only be natural for Broly who has been growing strong all these years and now he can unleash his power.
Personally, I never saw that. To me, before Vegeta went SS, it looked more like Broly was getting a better handle on how to properly fight, which is supported by Freeza's comments.

To me, base Broly was exactly equal to base Vegeta and Goku but was learning how to fight better as he fought Vegeta. Vegeta is the kind of guy who doesn't do well against peer opponents most of the time, so he went Super Saiyan to overpower Broly. It's when Broly fights him and displays hints of his Oozaru potential that I think he got his first ACTUAL boost in strength.

Simply showing an aura hasn't been indicative of specifically increasing battle power past what one previously displayed as normal beyond this first instance in my opinion, including the later fights where Broly showcases dramatic aura flaring against Gogeta.

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:31 pm

PFM18 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:27 am
So, we shouldn’t use the whole set because one sticker is wrong?

Anyway, the sticker in which Goku and Vegeta are together with 9,000 and Gogeta’s with 9,700 seems to belong to another set.

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:26 pm

PerhapsTheOtherOne wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 9:35 am
Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 8:40 am

Personally, I never saw that. To me, before Vegeta went SS, it looked more like Broly was getting a better handle on how to properly fight, which is supported by Freeza's comments.

To me, base Broly was exactly equal to base Vegeta and Goku but was learning how to fight better as he fought Vegeta. Vegeta is the kind of guy who doesn't do well against peer opponents most of the time, so he went Super Saiyan to overpower Broly. It's when Broly fights him and displays hints of his Oozaru potential that I think he got his first ACTUAL boost in strength.

Simply showing an aura hasn't been indicative of specifically increasing battle power past what one previously displayed as normal beyond this first instance in my opinion, including the later fights where Broly showcases dramatic aura flaring against Gogeta.
I agree with the last part. That is why I didnt count every single "aura burst" as a power-up. I tried really hard to find what was needed. And of course someone (especially Broly) would learn more as he fighted more. It is only natural.
P O W E R

Kenneth La Torre
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:59 pm

Hugo Boss wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:31 pm

Anyway, the sticker in which Goku and Vegeta are together with 9,000 and Gogeta’s with 9,700 seems to belong to another set.
No. It's actually from the same set. U I Goku, gogeta, and broly (from the picture above) come from the set W11.

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:04 pm

Kenneth La Torre wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:59 pm

No. It's actually from the same set. U I Goku, gogeta, and broly (from the picture above) come from the set W11.
To add on, they three are sticker you peel to reveal the stronger variant. Peel omen to get UI, peel Goku and vegeta to get gogeta, peel ssj broly to get FP ssj broly

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:30 pm

I've seen some people claim Broly's "growth is limitless." That's just wrong. It's the same mistake a lot of people made with Hit. Broly had limits in each mode...His base limit was Super Saiyan level, Oozaru form was Blue level, Super Saiyan was way above Blue, His Legendary form was enough to force a Goku and Vegeta fusion to use full power Blue. Then he had nothing left, reaching his limit against Gogeta.

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:32 pm

Miracles wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:30 pm I've seen some people claim Broly's "growth is limitless." That's just wrong. It's the same mistake a lot of people made with Hit. Broly had limits in each mode...His base limit was Super Saiyan level, Oozaru form was Blue level, Super Saiyan was way above Blue, His Legendary form was enough to force a Goku and Vegeta fusion to use full power Blue. Then he had nothing left, reaching his limit against Gogeta.
Indeed!!! I think that Broly can't get stronger than his FPSSJ. He is already at the realm of gods. He just found this power, so until he masters it, I dou bt that he will be able to pull feats like these. Perhaps he will get an increase in his Base (which will be his prefered form to fight with). He could use a tip from Gohan though :wink:
P O W E R

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:35 pm

Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:32 pm
Miracles wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:30 pm I've seen some people claim Broly's "growth is limitless." That's just wrong. It's the same mistake a lot of people made with Hit. Broly had limits in each mode...His base limit was Super Saiyan level, Oozaru form was Blue level, Super Saiyan was way above Blue, His Legendary form was enough to force a Goku and Vegeta fusion to use full power Blue. Then he had nothing left, reaching his limit against Gogeta.
Indeed!!! I think that Broly can't get stronger than his FPSSJ. He is already at the realm of gods. He just found this power, so until he masters it, I dou bt that he will be able to pull feats like these. Perhaps he will get an increase in his Base (which will be his prefered form to fight with). He could use a tip from Gohan though :wink:
Pretty much. While his ceiling is a lot higher than Goku or Vegeta's due to that Oozaru potential, he still has a ceiling he hits that he only overcomes through a new form. If he can gain God Ki and infuse his Oozaru power into those, THEN he can surpass his current limits with new forms.

Right now, though, he's capped off at just below current SSB Fusion.

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:20 pm

I don't see a cap for him yet, especially since Goku and vegeta don't have one and broly is basically a God of saiyan potential. If it were any other enemy, then yeah, but this is a saiyan. Saiyans and limits don't go well together.

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:35 pm

Kenneth La Torre wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:20 pm I don't see a cap for him yet, especially since Goku and vegeta don't have one and broly is basically a God of saiyan potential. If it were any other enemy, then yeah, but this is a saiyan. Saiyans and limits don't go well together.
I mean obviously, there's no limit to how much stronger they CAN get.

We're just talking about at the immediate moment in the fights they've been in. Currently, everyone is at a stable level they haven't flown past yet.

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:29 pm

PerhapsTheOtherOne wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:35 pm
Kenneth La Torre wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 4:20 pm I don't see a cap for him yet, especially since Goku and vegeta don't have one and broly is basically a God of saiyan potential. If it were any other enemy, then yeah, but this is a saiyan. Saiyans and limits don't go well together.
I mean obviously, there's no limit to how much stronger they CAN get.

We're just talking about at the immediate moment in the fights they've been in. Currently, everyone is at a stable level they haven't flown past yet.
Exactly. The events of DBS: Broly probably gave Broly the power he needed, but since Goku and Vegeta didn't really seem to gain any new powers (they simply went 100% against Broly) and with them using Fusion, I doubt that a "Post-Broly Goku or Vegeta" would be much different to a "Pre-Broly Goku or Vegeta". The ToP is the perfect example of the polar opposite.

At least, that is how I view it.
P O W E R

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 6:50 pm

The stickers have proven themselves to be inaccurate so we shouldn't trust them. There's several examples of this.