Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Dragon Ball Super: Power Level Discussion Thread

Post by ZombieVito » Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:10 pm

LightBing wrote:Botamo and Frost seem pretty weak. Since I don't know what's the deal with SSJ Goku, it's hard to make conclusions. This is, at the moment, really hard to guess. I hope they give us some power scaling lines.
For now I have Botamo weaker than SSJ2 tier, 1st form Frost between SSJ2 and SSJ3 tier and Assault Form Frost at SSJ3 tier.
Final Form Frost appears to be a huge boost, still I didn't see Goku take any damage. It's likely he didn't need to go SSJ to face Final Form Frost.
So you have base Goku at SSJ3 tier?

Khin
I Live Here

Post by Khin » Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:14 pm

Can i ask something ? What happened in the episode ? How does the forms of Frost fare against Base and SSj Goku ? Did he easily got dominated or something ? I still didn't see the episode because my internet connection is so slow.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:16 pm

SSJ3 Vegeta wrote:Can i ask something ? What happened in the episode ? How does the forms of Frost fare against Base and SSj Goku ? Did he easily got dominated or something ? I still didn't see the episode because my internet connection is so slow.
First form Frost didn't even fight, assault form Frost was on-par with base Goku and final form Frost was getting absolutely trashed by Super Saiyan Goku.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:20 pm

Zombie wrote:
LightBing wrote:Botamo and Frost seem pretty weak. Since I don't know what's the deal with SSJ Goku, it's hard to make conclusions. This is, at the moment, really hard to guess. I hope they give us some power scaling lines.
For now I have Botamo weaker than SSJ2 tier, 1st form Frost between SSJ2 and SSJ3 tier and Assault Form Frost at SSJ3 tier.
Final Form Frost appears to be a huge boost, still I didn't see Goku take any damage. It's likely he didn't need to go SSJ to face Final Form Frost.
So you have base Goku at SSJ3 tier?
I had it at SSJG level, but now I don't know. I still think that Base Goku could destroy Final Form Frost and that he went SSJ to scare him into transforming.

Vice
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Vice » Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:23 pm

Spanish subs of the NEP confirms that Piccolo got "far stronger".

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:29 pm

Base Goku couldn't be as weak as SSJ3 tier.

Angry SSJ2 Vegeta was said to have surpassed that and at least going by the movie base Goku was much stronger than that.

Weren't we thinking that Super Saiyan Gohan in the Resurrection F arc was about the same as Mystic Gohan? And Frieza in his first form was stronger than that.

I'd say Botamo, Frieza and Frost in their first forms were all at least as strong as Buuhan.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:30 pm

Bullza wrote:Base Goku couldn't be as weak as SSJ3 tier.

Angry SSJ2 Vegeta was said to have surpassed that and at least going by the movie base Goku was much stronger than that.

Weren't we thinking that Super Saiyan Gohan in the Resurrection F arc was about the same as Mystic Gohan? And Frieza in his first form was stronger than that.

I'd say Botamo, Frieza and Frost in their first forms were all at least as strong as Buuhan.
Who says Super Saiyan Gohan was as strong as ultimate Gohan? He was as strong as Super Saiyan Gohan, obviously.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:38 pm

I don't remember who specifically but there people talking about how Gohan had to turn Super Saiyan to tap into the reminder of his Mystic power.

In base form he was still clearly vastly more powerful than Goku in base form prior to absorbing the SSJG power. I think that's where it comes from.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:46 pm

Vice wrote:Spanish subs of the NEP confirms that Piccolo got "far stronger".
The way I explain Gohan is that indeed he needs Super Saiyan to tap into his full Mystic power again. He surpasses that power when he signals Goku.

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:48 pm

I honesty don't see goku base being weaker than ssj3 tier considering the saiyan beyond god thing and training three years in rosat i don't see it.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:51 pm

Bullza wrote:I don't remember who specifically but there people talking about how Gohan had to turn Super Saiyan to tap into the reminder of his Mystic power.

In base form he was still clearly vastly more powerful than Goku in base form prior to absorbing the SSJG power. I think that's where it comes from.
I'm one of those people. Gohan appeared to have partially lost some of his Mystic power due to lack of training. He could only access it temporally since his body couldn't handle the power, again due to lack of training. From the new stuff, which so far has been a mess, Gohan in FnF is clear to me. But that's just me of course.

Regarding Piccolo, in the episode were he's shown training with Gohan he's having an even fight. Gohan apparently regained control of Mystic power (he seems to have Ultimate's Gohan hair). So I'll say he might be a little bit above Ultimate Gohan's power.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Sat Feb 27, 2016 11:56 pm

LightBing wrote:
Bullza wrote:I don't remember who specifically but there people talking about how Gohan had to turn Super Saiyan to tap into the reminder of his Mystic power.

I'm one of those people. Gohan appeared to have partially lost some of his Mystic power due to lack of training. He could only access it temporally since his body couldn't handle the power, again due to lack of training. From the new stuff, which so far has been a mess, Gohan in FnF is clear to me. But that's just me of course.

Regarding Piccolo, in the episode were he's shown training with Gohan he's having an even fight. Gohan apparently regained control of Mystic power (he seems to have Ultimate's Gohan hair). So I'll say he might be a little bit above Ultimate Gohan's power.
Piccolo should be way stronger. Both of them actually.

Ultimate Gohan is nothing compared to base Goku and Vegeta.

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:04 am

Forget Freeza and Vegeta, Piccolo is the true king of power-ups! The guy went from being trashed by Tagoma to being able to put a fight against Frost. But seriously, perhaps Frost has a stamina issue like Freeza. He was pretty tired after defeating Goku.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:05 am

Yeah but I'm under the impression Final Form Frost might be at that level. Yes, Goku went SSJ but did he need to? In the manga he know that's not the case, he just wanted to force Frost to transform. In the anime it seems something similar happened. Gotta wait for subtitles.

Khin
I Live Here

Post by Khin » Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:07 am

Hugo Boss wrote:Forget Freeza and Vegeta, Piccolo is the true king of power-ups. The guy went from being trashed by Tagoma to being able to put a fight against Frost. But seriously, perhaps Frost has a stamina issue like Freeza. He was pretty tired after defeating Goku.
Even a tired Golden Freeza was still implied to be stronger than Base Goku in ROF.So i see no reason to assume that a tired Frost would be around Tagoma tier.So Piccolo definitely got way stronger.

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:34 am

I know we should wait but where would you put piccolo as of now?

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:39 am

pacz360 wrote:I know we should wait but where would you put piccolo as of now?
Stronger than SSJ Vegetto. Below enraged SSJ2 Vegeta.

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:39 am

It seems Frost will not have an easy victory against him, if Piccolo doesn't manage to win. Piccolo could be stronger than Final Form Freeza and Base Goku from F Arc or even Base Goku and 3rd Form Frost from Champa Arc.

Khin
I Live Here

Post by Khin » Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:42 am

At least as strong as Saiyan Beyond God Goku.

supercat
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by supercat » Sun Feb 28, 2016 12:43 am

Considering how it's strongly implied that Piccolo gives a fighter who at least stands a few tiers above Base Goku a good fight, I'm inclined to believe that he'd beat down SSJ Vegetto (Buu arc) without batting an eye.

In short, I have the following:

Golden Frieza > SSB Goku / Vegeta > Piccolo / Frost > Base Goku / Vegeta > Final Form Frieza / Base Goku / Vegeta (RoF) > SSJ Vegetto > First Form Frieza > / = Buuhan