Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Bullza
Banned

Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Post by Bullza » Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:13 am

I wasn't sure if this was better suited for here or the Dragon Ball Super board but for some reason I can't make a new topic there.

There's a thread like this for the new film which was a good idea because it kept all power level talk to one topic. This is the same general idea but for Super.

There's gonna be new characters and surely new forms for Goku and Vegeta etc as well as new feats (Goku's tractor throw) so there should be a lot to discuss over time.

The question right now is how strong are Champa and female Whis? Something mentioned a villain more powerful than Buu and Frieza if thats referring to Champa then I'm guessing he's somewhere between Frieza and Beerus and female Whis is probably on the same level as Whis.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Re: Dragon Ball Super: Power Level Discussion Thread

Post by SansrivaaL » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:21 pm

It would have been amazing if Goku's image training was legit feat, him 1 punching both Frieza and Cell popping their heads would have been awesome physical feats for him in ssj1. I hope Toyotarou draws some good feats for us :lol:

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:38 pm

This is too soon. I think we need to wait til the actual episodes start airing. Though if it keeps power levels away from the main topic, I guess it's good to have it here sooner.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:48 pm

I wonder if Goku blasting Cell's head off can be used to tell how strong he is.

supercat
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by supercat » Mon Jun 22, 2015 4:50 pm

Doctor. wrote:I wonder if Goku blasting Cell's head off can be used to tell how strong he is.
I'd say that could potentially be a pretty good indication.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:18 pm

This is too soon. I think we need to wait til the actual episodes start airing.
Well I made it because the manga had started now. The anime is less than two weeks away so it'll be here before you know it.
I'd doubt it. It was just mental image training right? Surely there's no way that a recent post Buu saga Super Saiyan 1 Goku could one shot Cell. Could he even beat him period as a Super Saiyan 1?

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:23 pm

I'm assuming he's thinking of Perfect Cell. Goku's not the one who's usually conceited about this stuff, he knows when he's weaker; if he's training, he wants to go for a realistic approach and compare his power to his previous opponents. He defeated Freeza in one hit but still went on to throw multiple hits at Cell before blowing his head off (which he could probably regenerate). I'm assuming he's probably stronger in Super Saiyan, yeah.

supercat

Post by supercat » Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:20 pm

Bullza wrote:
This is too soon. I think we need to wait til the actual episodes start airing.
Well I made it because the manga had started now. The anime is less than two weeks away so it'll be here before you know it.
I'd doubt it. It was just mental image training right? Surely there's no way that a recent post Buu saga Super Saiyan 1 Goku could one shot Cell. Could he even beat him period as a Super Saiyan 1?
Well, if SSJ2 really only doubles the power of a regular SSJ, then it could be possible that Goku was able to strengthen his SSJ form to that realm of power.

Throw that in with the training that Goku employed during the 7 year gap between Cell and Buu, the events of the Buu arc itself, and possibly some more training shortly after, and it doesn't seem all that far-fetched in my opinion.

Weedity

Post by Weedity » Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:37 am

Yeah, and in his mental training we didn't see him attack Boo since Goten interrupted him. For all we know, mental Boo would have given him trouble.

I could see him strong enough to one shot Freeza, but still iffy about his mental fight with Cell.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:48 am

He'd definitely be able to one shot Frieza as Semi Perfect Cell one shot Android 16 and the gap was significantly smaller.

Him being able to do that to Cell though....it's not impossible with this series but I dunno, even if it were just the Perfect Cell that Goku fought I just can't see it myself.

supercat

Post by supercat » Tue Jun 23, 2015 2:21 pm

Bullza wrote:He'd definitely be able to one shot Freeza as Semi Perfect Cell one shot Android 16 and the gap was significantly smaller.

Him being able to do that to Cell though....it's not impossible with this series but I dunno, even if it were just the Perfect Cell that Goku fought I just can't see it myself.
With a good chunk of time that's elapsed between the Cell Games and the big battle with Buu, it doesn't seem too out of the ordinary for Goku to have substantially enhanced the power of even just his regular SSJ form. If we assume Base Goku (post Buu arc) is hovering somewhere around 50-75% of Frieza's max power, with the 50x multiplier, his power would be quite impressive. Even just being at 60% of Frieza's power, would put the Saiyan at 3.6 billion upon becoming SSJ. That's basically 30x stronger than Final Form Frieza's full power. I'm not sure about Super Perfect Cell, but I find it pretty hard to believe that regular Perfect Cell is anywhere near 30x stronger than Frieza's full power.

Maybe Goku one-shotting Super Perfect Cell is bit of a stretch, but considering how much time the guy likely invests into training, easily taking down regular Perfect Cell seems extremely plausible.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Wed Jun 24, 2015 2:56 pm

Well Super Saiyan 2 Gohan didn't one shot Perfect Cell, he was very close to being able to but he still took a few blows.

So it'd mean he'd have to be a bit stronger than him. SSJ Goku (Slightly Post Buu arc) > SSJ2 Gohan (Cell Games arc)? Does the manga ever imply that was conceivable?

supercat

Post by supercat » Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:25 pm

Bullza wrote:Well Super Saiyan 2 Gohan didn't one shot Perfect Cell, he was very close to being able to but he still took a few blows.

So it'd mean he'd have to be a bit stronger than him. SSJ Goku (Slightly Post Buu arc) > SSJ2 Gohan (Cell Games arc)? Does the manga ever imply that was conceivable?
Super Perfect Cell may be bit of a stretch, but casually one-shotting regular Perfect Cell shouldn't be that daunting of a feat for SSJ Goku (Post Buu arc). With the vast majority of his time dedicated towards not just intense but strategically sound training, and his natural inclination towards progressing at an unspeakable rate, it seems pretty plausible to assume that the mighty Saiyan could quite easily dispose of the same villain that he's once had to step down against.

In any case, it could have been the suppressed form of Cell that he himself had the privilege of facing.

As for Gohan, he probably could have one-shotted Perfect Cell had he decided on taking that route.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Fri Jun 26, 2015 5:16 pm

Some kind of strenght feat there? Not sure what it is but I already know it'll probably end up being discussed to death.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:00 pm

If they do retell the recent movies, do you think they'll modify the power of some of the characters? I for one would not mind if they changed perceptions of FnF and diminished the gap between Beerus and Vegetto. I feel that huge gap is just to justify not using fusion, I preferred Beerus had an magic technique to dispel it. Put him between SSJ Vegetto and SSJ2 Vegetto otherwise it feels exaggerated.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:03 pm

LightBing wrote:If they do retell the recent movies, do you think they'll modify the power of some of the characters? I for one would not mind if they changed perceptions of FnF and diminished the gap between Beerus and Vegetto. I feel that huge gap is just to justify not using fusion, I preferred Beerus had an magic technique to dispel it. Put him between SSJ Vegetto and SSJ2 Vegetto otherwise it feels exaggerated.
Why does it matter if it feels exaggerated? To me, it seems like Toriyama doesn't like fusion, so he tried to find a way to make it useless.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Fri Jun 26, 2015 7:14 pm

Doctor. wrote:
LightBing wrote:If they do retell the recent movies, do you think they'll modify the power of some of the characters? I for one would not mind if they changed perceptions of FnF and diminished the gap between Beerus and Vegetto. I feel that huge gap is just to justify not using fusion, I preferred Beerus had an magic technique to dispel it. Put him between SSJ Vegetto and SSJ2 Vegetto otherwise it feels exaggerated.
Why does it matter if it feels exaggerated? To me, it seems like Toriyama doesn't like fusion, so he tried to find a way to make it useless.
It would make it more enjoyable to me, it's just a nitpick. I prefer my dispel powers solution than over the top power jump.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Fri Jun 26, 2015 10:54 pm

I hope they don't nerf Beerus. The newest villain is always supposed to be the strongest yet by a considerable margin. I like that with the exception of Whis he seems untouchable.

I don't think the movie would have had the same effect if you just knew they could have fused and just beat him. If it were that simple then there was no point in even introducing the Super Saiyan God.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:06 am

Bullza wrote:Image

Some kind of strenght feat there? Not sure what it is but I already know it'll probably end up being discussed to death.

Kaio: Goku can you pull this 10ton giant thingy?

Goku: No way thats impossible, I wouldnt be able to.... move.

Kaio: ok then how bout 5tons?

Goku: Meh I guess I can.

Everyone be raging again including me.

Birusu16
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Birusu16 » Sat Jun 27, 2015 10:20 am

That removes any and all tension from the movie. If the audience knows these two guys could've just fused and won then it removes any tension and devalues Beerus as a potential threat and just has the audience going "meh" the entire time.