Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Post by ZombieVito » Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:17 pm

Hugo Boss wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:03 pm
ZombieVito wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:30 pm
Hugo Boss wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:36 pm
I’m still not seeing the conflict.
The difference between SS and God can't be bigger than the multiplier of Broly's Ikari form.
Why not?
Because Broly jumps from stronger than SS to tanking SSG with a form that has a 10 times multiplier.

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:40 pm

ZombieVito wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:17 pm
ZombieVito wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:30 pm The difference between SS and God can't be bigger than the multiplier of Broly's Ikari form.
Why not?
Because Broly jumps from stronger than SS to tanking SSG with a form that has a 10 times multiplier.
What exactly makes you think SSG being a 50-boost over SS contradicts this?

GreatSaiyaman123
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by GreatSaiyaman123 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:55 pm

ZombieVito wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 6:13 pm
Hugo Boss wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:56 pm
ZombieVito wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:10 pm
SS to SSG a 50 times boost? Doesn't that conflict with the Broly movie?
How so?
Broly without going full Ikari form tanked a punch from SSG Vegeta. Base Broly was weaker than SSG but stronger than Super Saiyan.
SSJ Vegeta: 1
~ SSJG: 50

Broly: 20
~ Ikari (Initial): 100

Don't see the conflict here tbf.
Battle Powers List (Manga)

Guardian of the city, I am the one and only...Great Saiyaman!

Krillin1994
Regular

Post by Krillin1994 » Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:31 am

ZombieVito wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 10:17 pm
ZombieVito wrote: Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:30 pm
The difference between SS and God can't be bigger than the multiplier of Broly's Ikari form.
Why not?
But you need to factor as well as not just gaining the new forms, but his strength was generally rising at such an incredible rate irrespective of the forms in the first place to. So that has to factor in.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Tue Apr 20, 2021 9:43 am

Yeah, Broly was injecting himself with ikari power before the official transformation. His eyes turned yellow for a moment to keep up with SS Vegeta. For all we know he got himself close enough to SSG with it to overcome it when turning ikari.

Plus, Vegeta's SS multiplier no longer is set in stone since BoG. He surpassed SS3 Goku with it, so more than likely Broly with his hint of ikari power was already fighting that.

Thani
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Thani » Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:14 pm

We just have to chalk it up to Broly's strength kept increasing the longer he fought. His base form kept getting stronger, his ikari form kept getting stronger and his Super Saiyan kept doing the same, until it plateau'd with the green hair, which was outclassed by Gogeta Blue.

Broly's strength doesn't "work" as a set multiplier, it keeps increasing. Even his transformations kept getting more and more powerful.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:19 pm

So, if Goku is mastering UI in his base form, how strong does that make him in that particular form?
Could the same gap between blue and UI happen for pre-UI base and UI base?

How strong, do you guys think, Goku's base will be when he masters UI in base? how strong is it now considering he has improved to some extent?

Thani
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Thani » Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:26 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:19 pm So, if Goku is mastering UI in his base form, how strong does that make him in that particular form?

How strong, do you guys think, Goku's base will be when he masters UI in base? how strong is it now considering he has improved to some extent?
Don't know, as far as we can tell it's just normal Goku using Ultra Instinct, with no power up associated with it. But I guess we'll see next chapter.

TheSaiyanGod

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:25 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 4:19 pm So, if Goku is mastering UI in his base form, how strong does that make him in that particular form?

I don't believe that Goku is necessarily stronger due to the use of UI in his base form, since in this case it is just the technique, without a any external power up. He should be able to dodge attacks from considerably stronger enemies (as Roshi did with his pseudo UI) but not much further than that (Roshi himself was defeated by the fusion of Moro's henchmen even using the technique). I may be totally wrong tho and Goku maybe will actually show some other UI benefits without the Silver haired form

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:16 am

I think Goku may be able to beat characters stronger than himself in normal conditions. Same for Vegeta. But since they will fight the strongest warrior in the universe, I wonder if they will exhibit enough for us to assume where exactly they fit in the large scale of Dragon Ball’s strength.

Perhaps Granolah will not use his full power from the start and they will perform more or less decently in their base forms and claim “this guy is only comparable to Super Saiyan Blue” or something like that.

Thani
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Thani » Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:27 am

TheSaiyanGod wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:25 pm

I don't believe that Goku is necessarily stronger due to the use of UI in his base form, since in this case it is just the technique, without a any external power up. He should be able to dodge attacks from considerably stronger enemies (as Roshi did with his pseudo UI) but not much further than that (Roshi himself was defeated by the fusion of Moro's henchmen even using the technique). I may be totally wrong tho and Goku maybe will actually show some other UI benefits without the Silver haired form
Didn't Roshi lost because he couldn't maintain the state due to the "triple fusion" being a giant, ugly, overweight stereotyped woman? My memory may not be serving me correctly here, so I could be wrong, but it's what I remember.

TheSaiyanGod

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:37 am

Thani wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 8:27 am
TheSaiyanGod wrote: Tue Apr 20, 2021 11:25 pm

Didn't Roshi lost because he couldn't maintain the state due to the "triple fusion" being a giant, ugly, overweight stereotyped woman? My memory may not be serving me correctly here, so I could be wrong, but it's what I remember.
Well, Roshi does mentions that their fusion ''wasn't cute at all'', but he wasn't able to keep up with the speed of the girls' very first punch in that state anyway.

The only thing that was preventing him from using the pseudo-UI was the girls before the fusion because it didn't allow him to clear his mind (that's why he used a blindfold later), so theoretically after they merged he wouldn't have problems with that, but both he and Krillin were unable to defeat them.

TheSaiyanGod

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:40 pm

By the way, what would be Vegeta's current level?

We obviously have no idea how much stronger he got, but just to speculate, Beerus seemed confident enough in his student's progress to give him a symbol of Hakai's users, and even believed that he could do better than Goku.

Vegeta was hilariously out of Goku's league before the training and he knew it, but now he looks confident too. Maybe now he is able to put up a fight against GoD tier fighters? We have to wait and see, I guess. Honestly, it would be weird for Vegeta to be thrown into this fight with Granolah (supposedly the strongest in the universe) and Goku without any progress or adequate level to face them, which I think is one of the reasons why there was this time skip for him to finish the training.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:06 pm

TheSaiyanGod wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:40 pm By the way, what would be Vegeta's current level?

We obviously have no idea how much stronger he got, but just to speculate, Beerus seemed confident enough in his student's progress to give him a symbol of Hakai's users, and even believed that he could do better than Goku.

Vegeta was hilariously out of Goku's league before the training and he knew it, but now he looks confident too. Maybe now he is able to put up a fight against GoD tier fighters? We have to wait and see, I guess. Honestly, it would be weird for Vegeta to be thrown into this fight with Granolah (supposedly the strongest in the universe) and Goku without any progress or adequate level to face them, which I think is one of the reasons why there was this time skip for him to finish the training.
It seems Vegeta not only learned a technique that lets him attack with much more power than before, his confidence and phrasing hints at him also having become stronger due to the effort of learning hakai. If he believes he is stronger than Goku, then he must be stronger than Merus7-3 at the very least.
If not, then I guess he should be at least Moro7-3's level of power.
Definitely the strongest we've ever seen with the exception of Beerus and perhaps UI Goku too.

Miracles
I Live Here

Post by Miracles » Wed Apr 21, 2021 9:39 pm

TheSaiyanGod wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 5:40 pm By the way, what would be Vegeta's current level?

Right now, we factually know Vegeta is strong enough to compete with Goku.
Since the story has Beerus even confident that Vegeta can out due Goku in power.

Presently, it's officially over for all the Broly, Jiren and Belmond supporters. For now, they are no longer apart of DBS power discussion.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:15 pm

I really hope Vegeta is not going to use that stupid, ugly, and outdated SSBE form of his... I’ve had enough of it for quite some time already.. (And I know many other fans share that opinion with me!)

I’m really hoping that Vegeta gets a new Purple haired Form...

(But seeing the lack of evidence/indication that it will happen has left me feeling hopeless and down...)

It would truly suck and a big “fuck you” in the face of fans who wanted Vegeta to get a new purple haired form and get rid of that damned SSBE if Toyotaro had Vegeta just continue to use his SSBE form as if nothing ever happened..

Krillin1994
Regular

Post by Krillin1994 » Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:26 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:15 pm I really hope Vegeta is not going to use that stupid, ugly, and outdated SSBE form of his... I’ve had enough of it for quite some time already.. (And I know many other fans share that opinion with me!)

(But seeing the lack of evidence/indication that it will happen has left me feeling hopeless and down...)

It would truly suck and a big “fuck you” in the face of fans who wanted Vegeta to get a new purple haired form and get rid of that damned SSBE if Toyotaro had Vegeta just continue to use his SSBE form as if nothing ever happened..

You’re feeling hopeless and down that Vegeta might not get a purple haired form that is something that hadn’t been indicated/any evidence for?

What makes fans thinks he should get a purple form?m
because Beerus is purple?

I actually think Goku mastering UI in his base means he will therefore be able to use it on whatever new transformation eventually comes. Not just the silver haired UI in a pinch.

I think although Goku and Vegeta are further diverging on techniques/fighting style, that they will still both get the same transformations as it’s too convenient a backtrack on UI.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:32 pm

So if Beerus is a 100. Where do these fighters fall into now?

Goku (UI):
Goku (UI Omen):
Vegeta (SSBE):
Gogeta (SSB):
Moro (Merus):
Moro (73):
Moro:
Jiren (LB):
Jiren:
Broly (FPSS):
Toppo (GoD):
Kefla (SS2):
Fused Zamasu (Corrupted):

Thani
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Thani » Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:49 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote: Wed Apr 21, 2021 10:15 pm I really hope Vegeta is not going to use that stupid, ugly, and outdated SSBE form of his... I’ve had enough of it for quite some time already.. (And I know many other fans share that opinion with me!)

You know who else shares that opinion?
:lol:
So if Beerus is a 100. Where do these fighters fall into now?
I... Honestly don't know. The Moro arc was a mess of power retcons. As far as I can tell, if we go by the anime but with the information all medium provided us, which is probably inaccurate nowadays...

Beerus: 100
Whis: 150

Goku (UI): 100~120
Goku (UI Omen): 60
Vegeta (SSBE): 65
Gogeta (SSB): 120
Moro (Earth): Irrelevant, it could even at 200 and it wouldn't be efficient. But for the sake of it, 120 and growing.
Moro (Merus): 100~120
Moro (73): 90
Moro: 80
Jiren (LB): 100~120
Jiren: 90
Broly (FPSS): 99~110
Toppo (GoD): 50
Kefla (SS2): 50
Fused Zamasu (Corrupted): 90
FT Vegito: 100

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:23 pm

From the looks of it, it seems he surpassed Goku from months ago and he could beat Moro by himself now. Maybe he has a new form? I will scratch my head if he still uses SSBE as his strongest form.