Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Post by ekrolo2 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:33 am

How likely is it that SSGod and SS4 have comparable multipliers/strength? I'm working on a potential theory where they're essentially alternate means of reaching a similar level of power.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:34 am

ekrolo2 wrote:How likely is it that SSGod and SS4 have comparable multipliers/strength? I'm working on a potential theory where they're essentially alternate means of reaching a similar level of power.
Well in the case of SSB it has a tranaformation between it and SSJ3. Given the name of the form and the way it is portrayed it seems like a prrtty substantial boost over it. SSJ4 is just a step above SSJ3 so it wouldnt make much sense for them to have the same multiplier.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:38 am

PFM18 wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:How likely is it that SSGod and SS4 have comparable multipliers/strength? I'm working on a potential theory where they're essentially alternate means of reaching a similar level of power.
Well in the case of SSB it has a tranaformation between it and SSJ3. Given the name of the form and the way it is portrayed it seems like a prrtty substantial boost over it. SSJ4 is just a step above SSJ3 so it wouldnt make much sense for them to have the same multiplier.
I wouldn't necessarily say a step, it's potentially as high as being a thousand times over SS3, not counting further boosts that would come from its potential unlock.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

Zamasu55
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Zamasu55 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:40 am

[spoiler]Kale takes on half of U11's squad.
Gohan vs Kefla next month. But it'd be funny to know why they fused in the first place.[/spoiler]

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:49 am

Zamasu55 wrote:[spoiler]Kale takes on half of U11's squad.
Gohan vs Kefla next month. But it'd be funny to know why they fused in the first place.[/spoiler]
From what we have seen in the last chapter there would be no reason to fuse.

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:53 am

ekrolo2 wrote:
PFM18 wrote:
I wouldn't necessarily say a step, it's potentially as high as being a thousand times over SS3, not counting further boosts that would come from its potential unlock.
How so? I was unaware of a potential 1,000x SSJ3 multiplier.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:57 am

PFM18 wrote:How so? I was unaware of a potential 1,000x SSJ3 multiplier.
This video explains it if you've got the time: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PuV2JZOdPoc

DestructoDisc
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by DestructoDisc » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:00 am

[spoiler]Gohan shouldn't stand a chance against her.

Btw Cocotte was able to damage Kale a little bit[/spoiler]

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:25 am

DestructoDisc wrote:

[spoiler]This fight is just asking for trouble no matter who wins. I really hope it gets interrupted by outside interference.[/spoiler]

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:35 am

BlueBasilisk wrote:
DestructoDisc wrote:

[spoiler]This fight is just asking for trouble no matter who wins. I really hope it gets interrupted by outside interference.[/spoiler]
[spoiler]If Gohan actually manages to put up a good fight against Kefla, this is going to introduce a mountain of issues. Keep in mind, it appears to be SSJ Kefla he is going up against right off the bat. Unless Gohan achieved a new form, SSJ Kefla should rip Gohan apart.[/spoiler]
Last edited by Lord Beerus on Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 11:38 am

Lord Beerus wrote:[spoiler]If Gohan actually manages to put up a good fight against Kefla, this is going to introduce a mountain of issues. Keep in my,
it appears to be SSJ Kefla he is going up against right off the bat. Unless Gohan achieved a new form, SSJ Kefla should rip Gohan apart.[/spoiler]
[spoiler]If Gohan has Ultimate and we're keeping the anime thing of Ultimate Gohan being somewhere Blue-ish tier, I can see him holding on against SS Kefla.[/spoiler]

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:10 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:[spoiler]If Gohan actually manages to put up a good fight against Kefla, this is going to introduce a mountain of issues. Keep in my,
it appears to be SSJ Kefla he is going up against right off the bat. Unless Gohan achieved a new form, SSJ Kefla should rip Gohan apart.[/spoiler]
[spoiler]If Gohan has Ultimate and we're keeping the anime thing of Ultimate Gohan being somewhere Blue-ish tier, I can see him holding on against SS Kefla.[/spoiler]
[spoiler]But... SSJ Kale on her own was able to be beat the shit out of Golden Freeza and overwhelm MSSJB Goku. Multiply that with Caulifla and multiply that again with SSJ, and how in the name of fuck does Ultimate Gohan stand any chance against SSJ Kefla? Unless Gohan achieved a power up that would put anything that happened in the anime to shame, this is going to be one of the most one-sided fights you will ever see.[/spoiler]

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:13 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:[spoiler]But... SSJ Kale on her own was able to be beat the shit out of Golden Freeza and overwhelm MSSJB Goku. Multiply that with Caulifla and multiply that again with SSJ, and how in the name of fuck does Ultimate Gohan stand any chance against SSJ Kefla? Unless Gohan achieved a power up that would put anything that happened in the anime to shame, this is going to be one of the most one-sided fights you will ever see.[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Gohan will obviously use a strategic placement of looped punches and kicks in a strategically viable fashion to counter the massive power disparity. Hey, it's how most of the ToP people didn't get blown out of the arena the second Goku, Vegeta, Freeza, Jiren, Hit, Kefla,... farted in their general direction :P[/spoiler]

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:23 pm

ekrolo2 wrote: [spoiler]Gohan will obviously use a strategic placement of looped punches and kicks in a strategically viable fashion to counter the massive power disparity. Hey, it's how most of the ToP people didn't get blown out of the arena the second Goku, Vegeta, Freeza, Jiren, Hit, Kefla,... farted in their general direction :P[/spoiler]
[spoiler]The only logical out come of Kefla defeat is Gohan using the Mafuba.[/spoiler]
Mostly active on discord.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:27 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:[spoiler]But... SSJ Kale on her own was able to be beat the shit out of Golden Freeza and overwhelm MSSJB Goku. Multiply that with Caulifla and multiply that again with SSJ, and how in the name of fuck does Ultimate Gohan stand any chance against SSJ Kefla? Unless Gohan achieved a power up that would put anything that happened in the anime to shame, this is going to be one of the most one-sided fights you will ever see.[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Gohan will obviously use a strategic placement of looped punches and kicks in a strategically viable fashion to counter the massive power disparity. Hey, it's how most of the ToP people didn't get blown out of the arena the second Goku, Vegeta, Freeza, Jiren, Hit, Kefla,... farted in their general direction :P[/spoiler]
[spoiler]I have been questioning how the cast have not blown up the Earth by just powering up since Namek. But I decided, for the sake of my sanity, to stop asking questions like that. Because I will either get a bad answer or no answer :wink:[/spoiler]

Xeogran
I Live Here

Post by Xeogran » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:29 pm

[spoiler]https://twitter.com/GovetaXV/status/1019614754078220290

Kale in this chapter defeated Anilaza and U3 is anihilated. WTF, Anilaza gets such a short time? The guy who needed 5 freaking SSB tiers and strategy to be taken down.

And now Gohan alone is taking on a fusion of THAT Kale

I don't even know what is real anymore.[/spoiler]

Champa The Destroyer
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Champa The Destroyer » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:47 pm

ankokudaishogun wrote:
Champa The Destroyer wrote:
ankokudaishogun wrote: Currently, I'd say Cumber is quite safely GoD level, at least as Super Saiyan, but not yet strong as Jiren.
But that is mostly because Jiren is just too strong, he no-sold basically everything this side of Mastered Ultra Instinct including 2 GoD-level opponents(+friends) going at him at full power.
Wouldn't Golden Oozaru Cumber be able to completely destroy Jiren though?
I don't think so. IMHO he would, at very best, being as strong a s the last UIOmen Goku, which was still safely weaker than Jiren. And this would be the best-case scenario for Cumber.

Now, a SS4 Cumber might potentially be stronger than Jiren... until Jiren goes Full Power and then he's the strongest again.
(also, no doubt Jiren improved since ToP. I'm scared what a Training of Friendhsip Jiren could do)

Personally, I have Golden Oozaru as a big enough boost that he's at least close to Full Power Jiren (pre limits broken)

Yeah, Jiren after the TOP is a monster. Think about the gains Goku has gotten because of his friends, and then apply that to Jiren. :wtf:

PFM18
Banned Alternate Account

Post by PFM18 » Wed Jul 18, 2018 12:55 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:
[spoiler]But... SSJ Kale on her own was able to be beat the shit out of Golden Freeza and overwhelm MSSJB Goku. Multiply that with Caulifla and multiply that again with SSJ, and how in the name of fuck does Ultimate Gohan stand any chance against SSJ Kefla? Unless Gohan achieved a power up that would put anything that happened in the anime to shame, this is going to be one of the most one-sided fights you will ever see.[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Exactly. There is absolutely no way Gohan should stand any chance considering Kale on her own overwhelmed Golden Freeza and CSSB Goku. Unless their fusion is unbelievably impotent Gohan should be slaughtered by Base Kefla not alone SSJ Kefla. A "mountain of problems" being caused by this is pretty accurate imo. But this is status quo for the manga's BS.[/spoiler]
Xeogran wrote:[spoiler]https://twitter.com/GovetaXV/status/1019614754078220290

Kale in this chapter defeated Anilaza and U3 is anihilated. WTF, Anilaza gets such a short time? The guy who needed 5 freaking SSB tiers and strategy to be taken down.

And now Gohan alone is taking on a fusion of THAT Kale

I don't even know what is real anymore.[/spoiler]
[spoiler]status quo for the manga[/spoiler]

TheSaiyanGod
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:04 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:
[spoiler]Or maybe Toyotaro is using the same logic as the anime, where Goku is always holding himself even when it does not make sense. Freeza said that if he fought seriously he could defeat Kale easily, and Goku was only surprised, but he was not hurt. That would make more sense.[/spoiler]

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Jul 18, 2018 1:15 pm

TheSaiyanGod wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote: [spoiler]If Gohan has Ultimate and we're keeping the anime thing of Ultimate Gohan being somewhere Blue-ish tier, I can see him holding on against SS Kefla.[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Or maybe Toyotaro is using the same logic as the anime, where Goku is always holding himself even when it does not make sense. Freeza said that if he fought seriously he could defeat Kale easily, and Goku was only surprised, but he was not hurt. That would make more sense.[/spoiler]
[spoiler]I have a hard time buying what Freeza said given Goku flat out states that Freeza must be ready to fight seriously right after Freeza goes Golden.[/spoiler]