Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

brett wheeler
Beyond Newbie

Re: Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Post by brett wheeler » Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:34 am

Bullza wrote:So how many God's of Destruction could Mastered Ultra Instinct Goku beat at the same time now? All of them? All of them minus Beerus? A few? One?

Seeing as Beerus took out a few and was holding his own against several of them at once with his imperfect Ultra Instinct....you'd think Goku could probably take them all on and do quite well.

Especially considering that Full Power Jiren would be stronger than a God of Destruction by a fair amount and he was child's play compared to Goku at that point.
well if all the GoDs teamed up I say goku would have one hell of a fight, honestly it could go either way there goku MUI is strong but this is taking on 12 GoDs at once here, MUI could maby do it but no way would it be easy if he can.

Kenneth La Torre
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:35 am

@bullza
Btw, my comment wasnt directed at you, you just gave me the idea by mentioning beetus taking on the hakaishins. My comment is for everyone

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:48 am

Beerus along with Quitela were the last two God's standing so they each must have taken out a couple, he at least knocked out Rumshhi.

He's still one of the top characters in the series. Outside of Zeno and the Angels, only Ultra Instinct Goku and Jiren are clearly above him. Super Saiyan Vegito is a maybe and Super Saiyan Royal Blue Vegeta....is at best on par too.

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:51 am

So uh, can we all agree that 17 really isn't as powerful as the level characters.

I mean, a weakened Jiren, who was only a match for a weakened Freeza was able to toss him aside extremely easily.

So I guess that suggests something about something.

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:00 am

JazzMazz wrote:So uh, can we all agree that 17 really isn't as powerful as the level characters.

I mean, a weakened Jiren, who was only a match for a weakened Freeza was able to toss him aside extremely easily.

Classic Toei power inconsistency for the sake of a cool fight.
Nothing more nothing less.
I don't really know where I'd put him anyways.

picc
Beyond Newbie

Post by picc » Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:21 am

dbgtFO wrote:
JazzMazz wrote:So uh, can we all agree that 17 really isn't as powerful as the level characters.

Classic Toei power inconsistency for the sake of a cool fight.
Nothing more nothing less.
I don't really know where I'd put him anyways.
Exactly this.

Nothing means anything with them. Just whatever's most captivating to 8 year olds at the moment.
Planet Namek Bred

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Mon Mar 26, 2018 8:54 am

TheSaiyanGod wrote:
Helios518 wrote:Much like a few other people, I'm pretty sure that Vegeta's power against Toppo was just a temporary power up much like his previous rage/pride boosts. His normal SSJBE power is equal to SSJBKKx20.
It was not temporary. If it was, then Vegeta would still be weaker than Toppo after EP 126, but in EP 127, Jiren confirms that Vegeta is stronger when he says he understood why he was able to defeat Toppo

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Does the original Japanese context say different?

Because I don't interpret the Crunchyroll subs the same way. I find that Jiren is merely noting how Vegeta used his newfound ESSB power effectively against Hakaishin Toppo without resorting to giving up everything for more power and is trying to do that against him as well.

In the same vein, I don't view the second half of Vegeta's fight with Toppo to be an instance of him increasing his overall strength, merely strengthening his resolve and giving him the momentum needed to land sharper and heavier blows with concentrated power before ultimately needing a limit-breaking Final Explosion to completely defeat Toppo.

Helios518
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Helios518 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:55 am

PerhapsTheOtherOne wrote:
TheSaiyanGod wrote:
Helios518 wrote:Much like a few other people, I'm pretty sure that Vegeta's power against Toppo was just a temporary power up much like his previous rage/pride boosts. His normal SSJBE power is equal to SSJBKKx20.
It was not temporary. If it was, then Vegeta would still be weaker than Toppo after EP 126, but in EP 127, Jiren confirms that Vegeta is stronger when he says he understood why he was able to defeat Toppo

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Because I don't interpret the Crunchyroll subs the same way. I find that Jiren is merely noting how Vegeta used his newfound ESSB power effectively against Hakaishin Toppo without resorting to giving up everything for more power and is trying to do that against him as well.
This is also how I interpreted the line as well.
Why I use "Geran" instead of "Jiren"

TheSaiyanGod

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Mon Mar 26, 2018 11:59 am

PerhapsTheOtherOne wrote:
TheSaiyanGod wrote:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

In the same vein, I don't view the second half of Vegeta's fight with Toppo to be an instance of him increasing his overall strength, merely strengthening his resolve and giving him the momentum needed to land sharper and heavier blows with concentrated power before ultimately needing a limit-breaking Final Explosion to completely defeat Toppo.
Before this speech, Jiren praises the strength of Vegeta's punch. If he felt the power of this punch and said he understands why Vegeta defeated Toppo, then he is confirming that Vegeta is stronger

In the first part of the fight, Vegeta could not hit any effective blow to Toppo, and he was clearly already determined enough, saying that to win the SDB and keep his promise, he could not lose. In the second part, he dominated Toppo completely and stopped the Hakai, this was clearly a power up.

In any case, Vegeta's full power (Final Explosion) was able to surpass Toppo's full power with Hakai (a technique that also has as one of its functions to cancel any type of energy)

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:07 pm

And that's why I subscribe to the strength of one's blows and their weight/momentum, rather the strength of the person in their entirety.

===

I can tell that this is just one of those things no one can ever agree on, like many strength debates in this franchise.

At least we'll always have this in the downtime between productions :lol:

Raphael_Z
Beyond Newbie

Post by Raphael_Z » Mon Mar 26, 2018 12:41 pm

It's way too early to judge the Gods of Destructions' power considering that so far we've only seen them in their base form so to speak. Also, who's to say that Beerus won't be able to awaken Ultra Instinct Mastered if he were to fight against Goku? Goku went from being way below Beerus to being equal/superior to Beerus thanks to UIM. Now imagine if Beerus awakened UIM...

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Mon Mar 26, 2018 1:44 pm

You guys realise that when jiren and goku have their rematch, they both will be much more powerful than they were at the end of the tournament of power, right? :lol:

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:29 pm

Kenneth La Torre wrote:You guys realise that when jiren and goku have their rematch, they both will be much more powerful than they were at the end of the tournament of power, right? :lol:
Don't get your hopes up as the same as said about Hit a time ago.
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:45 pm

jeffbr92 wrote:
Kenneth La Torre wrote:You guys realise that when jiren and goku have their rematch, they both will be much more powerful than they were at the end of the tournament of power, right? :lol:
Don't get your hopes up as the same as said about Hit a time ago.
Hit did get much more powerful tho. That why jiren will come back more powerful than ever.

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:48 pm

Don't think so, they probably will introduce someone many times stronger than Jiren, that's a common DB trope: the new always surpass the old.
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

Simere
Advanced Regular

Post by Simere » Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:50 pm

I'll be surprised to even see Jiren again, much less have a rematch.

Helios518
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Helios518 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:17 pm

Simere wrote:I'll be surprised to even see Jiren again, much less have a rematch.
Honestly, I don't doubt seeing him again, but I'll be really surprised if he's in the 2018 movie.
Why I use "Geran" instead of "Jiren"

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:24 pm

Of course we will see him again. Yall guys acting as if you didnt see episode 131. A rematch is guaranteed.

Kenneth La Torre

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:27 pm

And a villian manytimes stronger than him i gind unlikel until a couple arcs after his introduction.
Toriyama is still threating hakaishin level very seriously.

Marlowe89
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Marlowe89 » Mon Mar 26, 2018 4:02 pm

Simere wrote:I'll be surprised to even see Jiren again, much less have a rematch.
Yeah, the only way I can really see it happening is if Goku ventures to Universe 11 for some reason.
Kenneth La Torre wrote:And a villian manytimes stronger than him i gind unlikel until a couple arcs after his introduction.
Toriyama is still threating hakaishin level very seriously.
Just some helpful advice, but you know that you can just use the edit button, right? There's no need to clutter the thread with needless Jiren hypotheticals when you can just throw all of this nonsense into a single post.