Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Re: Dragon Ball Super: Power Level Discussion Thread

Post by dbzfan7 » Sun Jul 05, 2015 3:44 pm

I believe they simply weren't trying to kill it, or KO the snake. So they pretty much didn't want to fight and wanted to just end things peacefully. However that Kamehameha throws a wrench in that idea. Perhaps he was gonna spook the snake with a bizarre trick?
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Saiyan007
Regular

Post by Saiyan007 » Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:21 pm

Sora Saiyan wrote:That calc is better than the other one Saiyan007, but it seems a bit high. I believe Beerus is FTL, I'll just wait for more feats until I call him MFTL.
A bit high?

You do realize he went millions of km in about 3 seconds right?

It's supposed to be a high number

Sora Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Sora Saiyan » Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:35 pm

Yeah I know what you mean, but I just cant claim he's MFTL until I see something else. What's the closest planets can be together? If it's still millions of KM apart I'll have too believe it. I'd just rather low ball it for now, it could very well be MFTL maybe even more than the calc suggests but I'll wait for another feat so I can gauge it better.

rereboy
Namekian Warrior

Post by rereboy » Sun Jul 05, 2015 5:50 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:I believe they simply weren't trying to kill it, or KO the snake. So they pretty much didn't want to fight and wanted to just end things peacefully. However that Kamehameha throws a wrench in that idea. Perhaps he was gonna spook the snake with a bizarre trick?
The snake fight is just so that a little action was in the episode and, as such, to prolong it, the snake is harder to defeat than it should. That's the real answer. As for a In universe reason, I guess they were just fighting very suppressed because the snake wasn't anything special.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:36 pm

Saiyan007 wrote:Beerus also has a casual ftl feat

Not my Calc BTW
He appeared behind a another planet 4* seconds after destroying a planet he was inside.

Approximate estimation via real world examples

The distance between earth and Mars is
closest = 54.6milliion kilometres
average = 225 million kilometres
furthest = 401 million kilometres.
Since the chances of it being the closest and the furthest are unpractical, we'll use the average. So using a real world estimation he travelled 225 000 000 km in 4* seconds. That means he was crossing 56, 250, 000 km per second . Light travellers 299,792 km per second.
Meaning he was 187.33 times faster than light
I would honestly put Beerus level characters, SSJG/SSJGSSJ Goku and Vegeta, Golden Freeza, Whis, above the GT universe at this stage.
Last edited by Lord Beerus on Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Saiyan007
Regular

Post by Saiyan007 » Sun Jul 05, 2015 6:45 pm

Sora Saiyan wrote:Yeah I know what you mean, but I just cant claim he's MFTL until I see something else. What's the closest planets can be together? If it's still millions of KM apart I'll have too believe it. I'd just rather low ball it for now, it could very well be MFTL maybe even more than the calc suggests but I'll wait for another feat so I can gauge it better.

The closest a planet has been to Earth was Venus and that distance is still 38 million km and the farthest can be 200 million km

Friezacooler
Regular

Post by Friezacooler » Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:31 pm

Old Kai and supreme Kai are omniscient 8)

saunasolmu
Beyond Newbie

Post by saunasolmu » Sun Jul 05, 2015 7:53 pm

I don't see what's so impressive about Beerus' feat. We already knew that he can probably destroy planets with less than .1% of his power, so destroying one very casually is only to be expected from him.

Saiyan007
Regular

Post by Saiyan007 » Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:14 pm

saunasolmu wrote:I don't see what's so impressive about Beerus' feat. We already knew that he can probably destroy planets with less than .1% of his power, so destroying one very casually is only to be expected from him.
well tbh he already destroyed planets back in BOG

Not too mention a pretty good speed showing from Beerus as well

supercat
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by supercat » Sun Jul 05, 2015 8:15 pm

At the absolute lowest, I see Golden Frieza, SSGSS Goku, SSGSS Vegeta, and SSG Goku as more less within the same realm of power as Super 17 (post energy absorption). If anything, I could even see them each closing in on Omega Shenron.

Beerus on the other hand probably has the luxury of being marginally stronger than the dragon.

As for Whis, seeing as how all he had to do was merely chop Beerus behind the neck to stop him in his tracks, I'd say there's a good chance that the mysterious master is sitting at a level even greater than SSJ4 Gogeta.

Sora Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Sora Saiyan » Mon Jul 06, 2015 3:02 am

supercat wrote:At the absolute lowest, I see Golden Freeza, SSGSS Goku, SSGSS Vegeta, and SSG Goku as more less within the same realm of power as Super 17 (post energy absorption). If anything, I could even see them each closing in on Omega Shenron.

Beerus on the other hand probably has the luxury of being marginally stronger than the dragon.

As for Whis, seeing as how all he had to do was merely chop Beerus behind the neck to stop him in his tracks, I'd say there's a good chance that the mysterious master is sitting at a level even greater than SSJ4 Gogeta.
With the feats that have been shown like what looks to be a MFTL Beerus who can finger tap a planet in half with, very likely, less then 1% of his power (and that's only because he chose to leave them half because the food was good enough). They are now well and truly above anything in GT IMO, power scaling's good, but a feat like that speaks volumes.

Friezacooler
Regular

Post by Friezacooler » Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:00 am

Sora Saiyan wrote:
supercat wrote:At the absolute lowest, I see Golden Freeza, SSGSS Goku, SSGSS Vegeta, and SSG Goku as more less within the same realm of power as Super 17 (post energy absorption). If anything, I could even see them each closing in on Omega Shenron.

With the feats that have been shown like what looks to be a MFTL Beerus who can finger tap a planet in half with, very likely, less then 1% of his power (and that's only because he chose to leave them half because the food was good enough). They are now well and truly above anything in GT IMO, power scaling's good, but a feat like that speaks volumes.
Kid Goku blowing away an entire galaxy, and negative karma ball are better feats than anything shown by super so far lol.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:53 am

Friezacooler wrote:
Sora Saiyan wrote:

Kid Goku blowing away an entire galaxy, and negative karma ball are better feats than anything shown by super so far lol.
When did Goku ever blow away a galaxy in GT?

I also think GT characters are way stronger, not just because I still think they can all fit together, but I have never seen Goku doing that.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

Birusu16
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Birusu16 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:02 am

God tier characters far surpass GT IMO. Beerus' latest feat is just icing on the cake in my eyes.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Mon Jul 06, 2015 7:45 am

Whether GT or BoG/RoF/Super are stronger is a debate that won't be resolved unless there's an official crossover or something. I personally say Beerus and co. are stronger than anyone in GT, but others can think otherwise.
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

supercat

Post by supercat » Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:06 am

Considering how SSG / SSGSS Goku likely far outshines the strongest transformation that his GT counterpart has to offer (with the exclusion of Gogeta), I'd say the odds are strongly in Beerus and Whis' favor.

pacz360
I Live Here

Post by pacz360 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 11:16 am

I feel like kinda hard tell who stronger than who considering gt exist on a different timeline.

supercat

Post by supercat » Mon Jul 06, 2015 12:56 pm

When being compared to Beerus, even the unfathomable power of Vegetto was basically considered trivial. While we don't know the exact difference in power between Vegetto and SSJ4 Goku, we do have some implication that the gap between the two is likely not substantial.

Going off of that and also going off of how SSG Goku was actually able to hold his own against Beerus, I'd say the former is far superior to Vegetto, whose power in comparison to the destructive feline's was likely insignificant. This leads me to also believe that SSG / SSGSS Goku is probably not that far below Omega Shenron, the most powerful enemy his GT counterpart has faced.

Whis > SSJ4 Gogeta > Beerus > Omega Shenron > / = Golden Frieza > SSGSS Goku / Vegeta >/= SSG Goku > / = Super 17 (energy absorbed) > > SSJ4 > SSJ Vegetto

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Mon Jul 06, 2015 1:06 pm

Super Saiyan God Goku should be above Super Saiyan 3 Vegito.

I don't recall GT that well. I don't remember that much in the way of feats. The only ones that come to mind are

1. When Goku was fighting Super 17 he punched him in the gut so hard it knocked him to the other side of the planet. Goku then flew to him in a few seconds dodging a energy barrage along the way.

2. A Universal Spirit Bomb being needed to kill Omega Shenron. Quite possibly the most powerful attack shown yet.

Saiyan007
Regular

Post by Saiyan007 » Mon Jul 06, 2015 2:40 pm

On a second look at beerus feat it actually is higher since the planet He went behind was actually a gas giant (it looks just like jupiter)

Doing some research the average distance jupiter is to earth is 747 million km and seeing that Beerus went behind it in about 5 seconds give or take that would actually make him

539.77 times faster than the speed of light

:wtf: