Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
TheSaiyanGod
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1362
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:09 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:25 pm

Amir wrote:
TheSaiyanGod wrote:
Amir wrote: I never said 17 was full power Blue level, but he is close. Toppo wasn't dominating him, 17 still held his own. He is low tier Blue level.
So you think there's such a huge power difference between SSB (RoF) and SSB (ToP)?

Because according to you, 17 would be low SSB tier (which would be the SSB of the Resurrection of F I think), but it is not even capable of causing any kind of damage to Toppo. He does not even get a heads-up fight.

So it would be the same as saying that SSB (RoF) would not even be able to give Toppo a good fight
Exactly. TOP SSJB is way above ROF SSJB. There are countless evidences to confirm that. Also 17 is stronger than ROF SSJB.

Also I have no idea why you keep saying 17 wasn't able to damage Toppo. When he blasted him with the ki blast spam, his intention was to keep him busy because he knew he would lose in a head on fight. But that doesn't mean 17's attacks aren't strong enough to damage Toppo. The fact that Toppo had to focus everything on the beam struggle to the point it left him completely opened to attacks, and even after being attacked by Frieza in the back he still chose to keep both hands on the beam struggle is a proof that 17's power is close to that of Toppo and it's enough to damage him.
The fact 17 managed to hold off Toppo's full power blast also confirms his power level.
Yes, the fact that 17 did not cause any damage to suppressed Toppo proves that it is considerably inferior to SSB. Piccolo himself said that 17 was keeping Toppo busy, but none of his attacks were decisive. Toppo realized that 17 wanted to hold him until the end of the tournament and so he used all his power. And with all his power, 17 had no chance. But Freeza, who is as strong as Toppo was there and so 17 managed to push Ki's attack back.
Bullza wrote:I think it goes like this.

Super Saiyan Blue High Tier - SSB Goku and Vegeta, Golden Frieza, Toppo

Super Saiyan Blue Mid Tier - SSR Black, SSI Trunks, Ultimate Gohan, Android 17, Golden Frieza (RoF Saga)

Super Saiyan Blue Low Tier - Hit, Base Kefla, Pirina, Saonel, Koichiarator, SSB Goku and Vegeta (RoF/U6 Saga)

Or that general idea.
17 SSB mid tier? At most it is SSB low tier.
Base Kefla is not low SSB tier. She needed to use SSJ Berserker against tired Goku SSB.

I also did not think that Ultimate Gohan is SSB mid tier , he failed to cause damage to Toppo with a Kamehameha.
Last edited by TheSaiyanGod on Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
DB▪Magnum-Expert
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 280
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:33 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Post by DB▪Magnum-Expert » Tue Feb 13, 2018 4:33 pm

I know this has been asked:

-Current Base Goku vs SsjG Goku BoG (I debate over Base Goku. What do you say?)
People I'm always keen to Debate with for the sole purpose of increasing experience and joy:

User avatar
The Monkey King
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 900
Joined: Sun Mar 03, 2013 7:53 am

Re: Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Post by The Monkey King » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:47 pm

So Jiren can casually handle SSJB Kaio-Ken X20 Goku, but can't KO base form Goku with 1 punch and win this tournament?

Christ this show is stupid, why all of you bother trying to make sense of this nonsense I have no idea :lol:

The episode Future Trunks went from getting stomped by base Black to being able to hold his own against Rose Black with no training or explanation should've told you that the writers don't give a shit.
garfield15 wrote:"Now Goku, we shall have our Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Gods Movie 14, now available on DVD and blu-ray!"
http://i711.photobucket.com/albums/ww11 ... wesome.gif

User avatar
PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here
Posts: 2055
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:55 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Tue Feb 13, 2018 6:55 pm

The Monkey King wrote:So Jiren can casually handle SSJB Kaio-Ken X20 Goku, but can't KO base form Goku with 1 punch and win this tournament?

Christ this show is stupid, why all of you bother trying to make sense of this nonsense I have no idea :lol:

The episode Future Trunks went from getting stomped by base Black to being able to hold his own against Rose Black with no training or explanation should've told you that the writers don't give a shit.
Personally, rather than sh*tting on everything like many folks around here, I go with the mentality that a fight's a fight.

It's goddamn hard to knock a person out without also killing them and/or causing permanent brain damage, so OF COURSE having to hold yourself back enough to not kill a person whilst being at full power would mean your opponent will be taking a bunch of hits.

Momentum is also never stopped entirely unless a proper counteracting force is applied against the source of momentum. So, landing a solid blow when an opponent can't catch the hit or brace themselves for it would logically send them reeling even if the hit doesn't do actual damage.

Think fluid combat mechanics influencing the flow of a fight, rather than power level reliance. After all, these are living breathing people, not a bunch of flying bricks.

Raphael_Z
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 107
Joined: Wed Dec 27, 2017 10:59 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Post by Raphael_Z » Tue Feb 13, 2018 8:13 pm

Bullza wrote:I think it goes like this.

Super Saiyan Blue High Tier - SSB Goku and Vegeta, Golden Frieza, Toppo

Super Saiyan Blue Mid Tier - SSR Black, SSI Trunks, Ultimate Gohan, Android 17, Golden Frieza (RoF Saga)

Super Saiyan Blue Low Tier - Hit, Base Kefla, Pirina, Saonel, Koichiarator, SSB Goku and Vegeta (RoF/U6 Saga)

Or that general idea.
I don't think that Ultimate Gohan and 17 are above Hit, Kefla and Koichiarator (it took the combined power of all remaining U7 Warriors to ring him out). Also, Prina and Saonel are SSJ3 level at BEST. Remember that neither of them were unable to overpower Piccolo who is around SSJ2 level.

I would say that

The One Above All Tier: Jiren

Super Saiyan Blue Royal Tier: Kaioken Blue Goku, Royal Vegeta, GoD Toppo, Merged Zamasu

Super Saiyan Blue High Tier - SSB Goku and Vegeta, Base Toppo, Golden Frieza, SSJ2 Kefla, Koichiarator

Super Saiyan Blue Mid Tier - SSR Black, SSI Trunks, Golden Frieza (RoF Saga), Hit, Base Kefla, Dyspo, Kaioken Blue Goku (U6/Black Saga), SSB Vegeta (Black Saga*)

Super Saiyan Blue Low Tier - SSB Goku and Vegeta (RoF/U6 Saga), Ultimate Gohan, Android 17

*In the manga, SSB Vegeta in the Black Saga is stated to be above Goku in terms of power and was able to defeat SSR Black.

User avatar
DB▪Magnum-Expert
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 280
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:33 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Post by DB▪Magnum-Expert » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:14 am

The Monkey King wrote:The episode Future Trunks went from getting stomped by base Black to being able to hold his own against Rose Black with no training or explanation should've told you that the writers don't give a shit.
Trunks did power up according to the spoilers of Episode 57 and got significantly more powerful:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
People I'm always keen to Debate with for the sole purpose of increasing experience and joy:

User avatar
DB▪Magnum-Expert
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 280
Joined: Tue Jul 11, 2017 4:33 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Post by DB▪Magnum-Expert » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:16 am

Raphael_Z wrote:The One Above All Tier: Jiren
Do You actually believe this in a literal sense?
People I'm always keen to Debate with for the sole purpose of increasing experience and joy:

User avatar
Bullza
Banned
Posts: 8621
Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:48 am
Location: UK

Re: Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Post by Bullza » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:04 am

Raphael_Z wrote:I don't think that Ultimate Gohan and 17 are above Hit, Kefla and Koichiarator (it took the combined power of all remaining U7 Warriors to ring him out). Also, Prina and Saonel are SSJ3 level at BEST. Remember that neither of them were unable to overpower Piccolo who is around SSJ2 level.
Well I'm not certain by any means but Ultimate Gohan and you'd think Android 17 supposedly rivalled Blue Goku. Hit without his powers would seem like he'd get royally stomped by Golden Frieza who is equal to Blue Goku.

Saonel and Pirina should be on a similar level to Ultimate Gohan going by the beam struggle and they did stomp Piccolo after they powered up. Koichiarator should be below those two.

Who knows about Kefla since Goku was tired. They did say she was tens of times stronger though so that'd be more so than the Kale who was below, but wasn't completely useless against God Goku.

Freezerbaby
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 135
Joined: Sun Oct 09, 2016 10:41 am

Re: Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Post by Freezerbaby » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:46 am

Rally 07 wrote:
Freezerbaby wrote:Hadn´t golden freeza come along to help 17, the later would´ve already been dropped out by base toppo, who is on par with ssb vegeta, the combined blast from golden freeza and 17 is what wore base toppo out, not 17´s blast alone, so to me 17 stands at ssg level, but not definitely blue level. 17 being around ssj3 goku tier in the manga supports the idea that toriyama wants him to stand not at blue level.
I do think that, his barrier technique,limitless stamina and android ki allow him to hold his own against much more powerfull foes.
But keep in mind, No.17 was fighting against a full powered up Base form Toppo. Plus it wouldn't make any sense how No.17 is holding his own if he were only comparable to Super Saiyan God. No.17 is indeed Blue level as he's fighting someone who pushed Gokou to use Kaioken w/Super Saiyan Blue without even using his full power. And with Base form Toppo at full power, and No.17 being very capable of holding his own against Toppo, there's no doubt that No.17 is Blue level without question if he's fighting against a character who can push Gokou to use Kaioken.
As I said, his special techniques as an android allow him to hold his own against blue tiers fighter, but in terms of pure strenght he doesn´t seem to be that strong to me. Just like Hit is nowhere near jiren´s strenght yet he managed to put up a decent fight thanks to his time-skip and time-cage.

User avatar
Amir
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 433
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:17 am

Re: Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Post by Amir » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:51 am

TheSaiyanGod wrote:
Amir wrote:
TheSaiyanGod wrote:
So you think there's such a huge power difference between SSB (RoF) and SSB (ToP)?

Because according to you, 17 would be low SSB tier (which would be the SSB of the Resurrection of F I think), but it is not even capable of causing any kind of damage to Toppo. He does not even get a heads-up fight.

So it would be the same as saying that SSB (RoF) would not even be able to give Toppo a good fight
Exactly. TOP SSJB is way above ROF SSJB. There are countless evidences to confirm that. Also 17 is stronger than ROF SSJB.

Also I have no idea why you keep saying 17 wasn't able to damage Toppo. When he blasted him with the ki blast spam, his intention was to keep him busy because he knew he would lose in a head on fight. But that doesn't mean 17's attacks aren't strong enough to damage Toppo. The fact that Toppo had to focus everything on the beam struggle to the point it left him completely opened to attacks, and even after being attacked by Frieza in the back he still chose to keep both hands on the beam struggle is a proof that 17's power is close to that of Toppo and it's enough to damage him.
The fact 17 managed to hold off Toppo's full power blast also confirms his power level.
Yes, the fact that 17 did not cause any damage to suppressed Toppo proves that it is considerably inferior to SSB. Piccolo himself said that 17 was keeping Toppo busy, but none of his attacks were decisive. Toppo realized that 17 wanted to hold him until the end of the tournament and so he used all his power. And with all his power, 17 had no chance. But Freeza, who is as strong as Toppo was there and so 17 managed to push Ki's attack back.
First off Toppo was not suppressed at all, and no it doesn't. 17 wasn't even trying damage him, he tried to keep him busy until time runs out, playing it safe and smart. That was the purpose of that ki blast spam, Saying he couldn't harm Toppo's body when he wasn't trying to is invalid. And Toppo was still pushed back by the blasts and had to block it, and even then it slashed his uniform a bit, so that confirms 17 has enough power to damage Toppo. among many other things, like how his blast defeated him with Frieza's blast as well. When SSJB Goku fought Golden Frieza in ROF, Golden Frieza was a little bit stronger yet he dominated Goku and Goku didn't put a scratch on him, does that mean Goku's attacks were too weak to damage Golden Frieza? 17 knew fighting head on with Toppo would be similar to the fight I just mentioned because Toppo was a bit stronger, that was the reason he tried to stall him, not because his attacks are too weak to harm him, that's absurd.

And you continue to ignore my point about 17 holding off a full power blast from Toppo and somewhat matching it, keeping up with him in combat, tanking hits from Jiren, scratching Jiren, keeping up with him just like Goku and Vegeta...it's clearly obvious 17's power is just a bit below SSJB and Toppo.

User avatar
Rally 07
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 109
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:19 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Post by Rally 07 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:56 am

Bullza wrote:
Who knows about Kefla since Goku was tired. They did say she was tens of times stronger though so that'd be more so than the Kale who was below, but wasn't completely useless against God Goku.
Well honestly Gokou's stamina may not be too much of a problem considering the fact that Gokou is able to transform into his God forms and there's the fact that Gokou has been pretty fatigued even fighting Jiren for the first time. He repeatedly spammed not Kaioken x 10 but Kaioken x 20. And Kaioken is known for being very stamina consuming and can drain the user almost instantly. And Gokou praised the Genkidama, and had a entire session with him pushing away the Genkidama with Kaioken x 20. So honestly, I think the fatigued argument is kinda out of the question and somewhat redundant in a way. Mainly because people who argue the "fatigued" argument imply that Kefla only stands a chance against Gokou due to him being fatigued. Which is them just lowballing Kefla.

Also I wouldn't take Vados' statement like it seems. Herms translated that Vados actually said "several tens of times". If Kefla's fusion multiplier was "tens of times", Kefla wouldn't be any stronger than her individual counterparts. She'd be around the strength as Super Saiyan 2 Caulifla. Keep in mind, Kefla was suppressed when Vados stated this. I originally thought that Vados' statement was completely illogical for two reasons. One; the guide that claims Base form Vegetto is stronger than a Super Saiyan 3. Meaning it's multiplier is possibly a bare minimum 400 times multiplier. And why I say bare minimum is because Base form Vegetto fighting Super Boo whom is significantly more powerful than Super Saiyan 3 Gokou. And two; the fusion wouldn't be any more stronger than even Super Saiyan 2 Caulifla.

User avatar
Rally 07
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 109
Joined: Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:19 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Post by Rally 07 » Wed Feb 14, 2018 12:28 pm

TheSaiyanGod wrote:
17 SSB mid tier? At most it is SSB low tier.
Base Kefla is not low SSB tier. She needed to use SSJ Berserker against tired Goku SSB.

I also did not think that Ultimate Gohan is SSB mid tier , he failed to cause damage to Toppo with a Kamehameha.
And Artificial Human no.17 should very well be comparable to Super Saiyan Blue. At least a decently suppressed Super Saiyan Blue. And bare minimum, he should be comparable to Super Saiyan God. And that's a crazy lowball.

Then suppressed Base form Kefla did rot down on Super Saiyan God and was pushed to transform into Super Saiyan. So I'd say Super Saiyan Blue is greater than Base form Kefla as she did need to transform. Albeit, she took down Super Saiyan Blue w/ Kaioken in one kick while suppressed still.

Also Gohan not damaging Toppo with the Kamehameha doesn't necessarily means he's not comparable to Super Saiyan Blue or God level fighters such as Toppo. But Toppo tanking that Kamehameha isn't something we seen before with Gokou, but it does say something about Toppo's durability.

User avatar
lord turbo
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 290
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:29 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Post by lord turbo » Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:59 pm

PerhapsTheOtherOne wrote:Personally, rather than sh*tting on everything like many folks around here, I go with the mentality that a fight's a fight.

It's goddamn hard to knock a person out without also killing them and/or causing permanent brain damage, so OF COURSE having to hold yourself back enough to not kill a person whilst being at full power would mean your opponent will be taking a bunch of hits.
I don't like this tired excuse, the characters have shown the ability to knock out or down weaker characters instantly without killing them, for example Beerus vs SS3 Goku, SS Gohan vs Tagoma, SS Vegeta vs Frost, Piccolo vs SS2 Gohan, Base Gohan vs Tenshinhan, copy Vegeta vs Gotenks, SS3 Goku vs SS2 Trunks, and etc.
"Before one may reach Heaven, they must endure Hell first. Only then will you be able to attain serenity beyond a sea of strife." & "Fear is not a sign of cowardice but the recognition of danger. Those who ignore this basic emotion do so out of vanity and are thus quelled before victory." - Roy Teal Jr.

User avatar
PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here
Posts: 2055
Joined: Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:55 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:23 pm

lord turbo wrote:
PerhapsTheOtherOne wrote:Personally, rather than sh*tting on everything like many folks around here, I go with the mentality that a fight's a fight.

It's goddamn hard to knock a person out without also killing them and/or causing permanent brain damage, so OF COURSE having to hold yourself back enough to not kill a person whilst being at full power would mean your opponent will be taking a bunch of hits.
I don't like this tired excuse, the characters have shown the ability to knock out or down weaker characters instantly without killing them, for example Beerus vs SS3 Goku, SS Gohan vs Tagoma, SS Vegeta vs Frost, Piccolo vs SS2 Gohan, Base Gohan vs Tenshinhan, copy Vegeta vs Gotenks, SS3 Goku vs SS2 Trunks, and etc.
Notice I said "knocked out", not "knocked the wind out of".

Out of all these examples, only Beerus, someone skilled in hapkido and the usage of pressure points, ACTUALLY knocked out his opponent through blows. Piccolo only did it by choking Gohan out and then quickly resuscitating him.

I stick with this approach because it means I don't have to pull my hair out over power level inconsistencies that in all likelihood have been abandoned in favour of more generalized fighting animation and writing. One can't deny that the narrative has only pushed the power-scaling approach in specific instances, rather than it being the norm like usual.

User avatar
Bullza
Banned
Posts: 8621
Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:48 am
Location: UK

Re: Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Post by Bullza » Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:26 pm

I hope that Goku fights Jiren with his non mastered Ultra Instinct first in the next episode or the one after. If he's able to put up a decent fight then it was would clear the confusion and mean that

Ultra Instinct Goku > Super Saiyan Royal Blue Vegeta and God of Destruction Toppo

User avatar
Kenneth La Torre
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1573
Joined: Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:38 pm
Location: Florida

Re: Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Post by Kenneth La Torre » Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:15 pm

Bullza wrote:I hope that Goku fights Jiren with his non mastered Ultra Instinct first in the next episode or the one after. If he's able to put up a decent fight then it was would clear the confusion and mean that

Ultra Instinct Goku > Super Saiyan Royal Blue Vegeta and God of Destruction Toppo
A non mastered UI goku now would still be leagues above 110 UI goku. But I hope his mastered form doesn’t body jiren. It should be an even fight.

User avatar
Kaiosama
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 267
Joined: Tue Aug 01, 2017 1:03 am

Re: Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Post by Kaiosama » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:50 pm

I think Beyond Super Saiyan Blue Vegeta is stronger than UI Omen Goku in terms of raw battle power and sustainability, but will be far weaker than Mastered UI. I think both Toppo and Jiren are actually superior to both outside of a tournament setting where they don't have to worry about killing their opponents, especially with Hakai in Toppo's case.

User avatar
lord turbo
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 290
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2014 4:29 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Post by lord turbo » Wed Feb 14, 2018 10:57 pm

PerhapsTheOtherOne wrote:
lord turbo wrote:
PerhapsTheOtherOne wrote:Personally, rather than sh*tting on everything like many folks around here, I go with the mentality that a fight's a fight.

It's goddamn hard to knock a person out without also killing them and/or causing permanent brain damage, so OF COURSE having to hold yourself back enough to not kill a person whilst being at full power would mean your opponent will be taking a bunch of hits.
I don't like this tired excuse, the characters have shown the ability to knock out or down weaker characters instantly without killing them, for example Beerus vs SS3 Goku, SS Gohan vs Tagoma, SS Vegeta vs Frost, Piccolo vs SS2 Gohan, Base Gohan vs Tenshinhan, copy Vegeta vs Gotenks, SS3 Goku vs SS2 Trunks, and etc.
Notice I said "knocked out", not "knocked the wind out of".

Out of all these examples, only Beerus, someone skilled in hapkido and the usage of pressure points, ACTUALLY knocked out his opponent through blows. Piccolo only did it by choking Gohan out and then quickly resuscitating him.

I stick with this approach because it means I don't have to pull my hair out over power level inconsistencies that in all likelihood have been abandoned in favour of more generalized fighting animation and writing. One can't deny that the narrative has only pushed the power-scaling approach in specific instances, rather than it being the norm like usual.
Now you're just nitpicking, the point is if the stronger character wants to knock the out the weaker character they are more than capable of it and don't need to be skilled in hapkido or pressure points to to do it either. Beerus tried the same pressure and hapkidki crap on SSG Goku and it didn't work since Goku was near equal to the level of power Beerus was using at the time.

The other examples are stronger characters beating the weaker character into submission in 1 or 2 blows.
"Before one may reach Heaven, they must endure Hell first. Only then will you be able to attain serenity beyond a sea of strife." & "Fear is not a sign of cowardice but the recognition of danger. Those who ignore this basic emotion do so out of vanity and are thus quelled before victory." - Roy Teal Jr.

User avatar
TheSaiyanGod
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1362
Joined: Sun Dec 18, 2016 12:09 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:27 pm

Amir wrote:
TheSaiyanGod wrote:
Amir wrote: Exactly. TOP SSJB is way above ROF SSJB. There are countless evidences to confirm that. Also 17 is stronger than ROF SSJB.

Also I have no idea why you keep saying 17 wasn't able to damage Toppo. When he blasted him with the ki blast spam, his intention was to keep him busy because he knew he would lose in a head on fight. But that doesn't mean 17's attacks aren't strong enough to damage Toppo. The fact that Toppo had to focus everything on the beam struggle to the point it left him completely opened to attacks, and even after being attacked by Frieza in the back he still chose to keep both hands on the beam struggle is a proof that 17's power is close to that of Toppo and it's enough to damage him.
The fact 17 managed to hold off Toppo's full power blast also confirms his power level.
Yes, the fact that 17 did not cause any damage to suppressed Toppo proves that it is considerably inferior to SSB. Piccolo himself said that 17 was keeping Toppo busy, but none of his attacks were decisive. Toppo realized that 17 wanted to hold him until the end of the tournament and so he used all his power. And with all his power, 17 had no chance. But Freeza, who is as strong as Toppo was there and so 17 managed to push Ki's attack back.
First off Toppo was not suppressed at all, and no it doesn't. 17 wasn't even trying damage him, he tried to keep him busy until time runs out, playing it safe and smart. That was the purpose of that ki blast spam, Saying he couldn't harm Toppo's body when he wasn't trying to is invalid. And Toppo was still pushed back by the blasts and had to block it, and even then it slashed his uniform a bit, so that confirms 17 has enough power to damage Toppo. among many other things, like how his blast defeated him with Frieza's blast as well. When SSJB Goku fought Golden Frieza in ROF, Golden Frieza was a little bit stronger yet he dominated Goku and Goku didn't put a scratch on him, does that mean Goku's attacks were too weak to damage Golden Frieza? 17 knew fighting head on with Toppo would be similar to the fight I just mentioned because Toppo was a bit stronger, that was the reason he tried to stall him, not because his attacks are too weak to harm him, that's absurd.

And you continue to ignore my point about 17 holding off a full power blast from Toppo and somewhat matching it, keeping up with him in combat, tanking hits from Jiren, scratching Jiren, keeping up with him just like Goku and Vegeta...it's clearly obvious 17's power is just a bit below SSJB and Toppo.
Yes, Toppo was suppressed. He only used his maximum power in the energy dispute against the 17 (at that time, he said he would use all his justice against 17 and raise his Ki). So before that he was suppressed.

17 was trying to keep Toppo occupied precisely because he was not able to defeat him.
When he saw that it was six minutes to the end, he tried to hold Toppo until the tournament was over.
And like I said, all this was not enough to do even a relevant damage to Toppo. He just cut off some of his clothes (and it was nothing close to what Goku SSB did with a Kamehameha, in which in addition to leaving Toppo's uniform more damaged, it also left him panting and irritated).

And the case of Goku and Golden Freeza was different.
Goku was far inferior, but even so, when his blows really hit Freeza, they clearly caused pain to the emperor. In the case of 17, not even his attacks of Ki scratch Toppo.

17 could do absolutely nothing against Toppo's full-power attack, he was only able to counter when Freeza attacked Toppo.
Bullza wrote:I hope that Goku fights Jiren with his non mastered Ultra Instinct first in the next episode or the one after. If he's able to put up a decent fight then it was would clear the confusion and mean that

Ultra Instinct Goku > Super Saiyan Royal Blue Vegeta and God of Destruction Toppo
Even if non mastered UI Goku face Jiren, he will be much stronger than the last time he used the technique.

This also happened on EP 116, it was getting stronger.

That would not mean that Royal Blue vegeta and Toppo can not be stronger than UI Goku (EP 110 or 116)
Kaiosama wrote:I think Beyond Super Saiyan Blue Vegeta is stronger than UI Omen Goku in terms of raw battle power and sustainability, but will be far weaker than Mastered UI. I think both Toppo and Jiren are actually superior to both outside of a tournament setting where they don't have to worry about killing their opponents, especially with Hakai in Toppo's case.
The fact that Toppo can not kill does not mean he would beat Vegeta. He tried to use several Hakais and could not do anything.
Not even his last super Hakai was able to defeat Vegeta,

Jiren showed that Vegeta really is stronger than Toppo when he said on EP 127 that he understood why Vegeta was able to defeat Toppo (after defending Vegeta's punch and praising him)

User avatar
Bullza
Banned
Posts: 8621
Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:48 am
Location: UK

Re: Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Post by Bullza » Wed Feb 14, 2018 11:34 pm

TheSaiyanGod wrote:Even if non mastered UI Goku face Jiren, he will be much stronger than the last time he used the technique.

This also happened on EP 116, it was getting stronger.

That would not mean that Royal Blue vegeta and Toppo can not be stronger than UI Goku (EP 110 or 116)
Well he did power up at the start of Episode 116. So yeah, I'd also hope he wouldn't power up any further so you could at least assume he was of the same strength as in Episode 116.

It could still mean they're stronger than him from Episode 110 but you can't have everything.

Post Reply