Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

wolflonnie
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Dragon Ball Super Strength Discussion Thread

Post by wolflonnie » Thu Oct 10, 2019 3:49 pm

Zamasu55 wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:42 am I know it isn't canon but seeing a stronger version of Merged Zamasu unable to one-shot the likes of exhausted Base Goku, Vegeta, Trunks, Piccolo and 17 is bad.
It's DB Heroes, wouldn't be surprised to see Videl doing better than Vegetto.

PerhapsTheOtherOne
I Live Here

Post by PerhapsTheOtherOne » Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:37 pm

Also, in DBH, nobody dies or even really gets knocked out until the plot mandates it, and everybody has to dodge and block hits until the plot mandates they tank hits or be seriously hurt.

Zamasu55
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Zamasu55 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:41 pm

PerhapsTheOtherOne wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 5:37 pm Also, in DBH, nobody dies or even really gets knocked out until the plot mandates it, and everybody has to dodge and block hits until the plot mandates they tank hits or be seriously hurt.
The same goes for Super actually.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:37 pm

ZombieVito wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:56 pm
Zamasu55 wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:42 am I know it isn't canon but seeing a stronger version of Merged Zamasu unable to one-shot the likes of exhausted Base Goku, Vegeta, Trunks, Piccolo and 17 is bad.
He was clearly toying with them.

You didnt see him smilling while fighting Goku?
I agree. But I did like to see Fused Zamasu be betrayed by Hearts.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:17 pm

Hulk10 wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 9:37 pm

I hated it obviously.

It actually doesn't even make sense unless Hearts got Zeno's ability to erase thanks to the seed.

wolflonnie
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by wolflonnie » Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:00 am

I didn't. Zamasu was useless and they shouldn't have threated a new canon, well-received character like that. Then again, Heroes.

Zamasu55

Post by Zamasu55 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 6:49 am

I've been thinking about it for one day and I can say that Godslayer Hearts' feats are UNBELIEVABLE, they go far beyond anything we've ever seen.

First off, his power worries the Grand Priest. Nobody managed to do that.

And more importantly, he literally ERASED an immortal being. His power is higher than Super Shenron's then. This is something only Zeno managed to do.

Maybe Hearts is still weaker than Zeno. Probably. But he easily erased an immortal being like he was nothing.

If they don't nerf him in the next episodes, we have here the strongest being in all Dragon Ball.

PS: of course he isn't canon, but still...

Hugo Boss
I Live Here

Post by Hugo Boss » Fri Oct 11, 2019 7:34 am

Heart’s new ability actually rivals Zeno’s, though Zeno seems to delete things much faster. But in terms of battle power, Hearts is probably much stronger than Zeno.

Nokra
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nokra » Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:07 am

If UI goku beats this guy all this hype about him being on zeno's level will be hilariously proven wrong.

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:11 am

Nokra wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:07 am If UI goku beats this guy all this hype about him being on zeno's level will be hilariously proven wrong.
I think that this isn't the time yet for a foe that strong. Ultra Hearts should be around Blue Fusion KK or MUI and LB/SFP Jiren level. Which is why he would seem like a threat, being stronger than the 2 most powerful mortals in the multiverse.

And (my theory) I would like for something like a Super Dragon Balls "Omega Shenron" to be a foe a couple of times stronger than Hearts, which would cause someone like say Zalama to take him down, as our dudes would be overwhelmed. Too early imo.
P O W E R

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:19 am

ZombieVito wrote: Thu Oct 10, 2019 11:17 pm

I hated it obviously.

It actually doesn't even make sense unless Hearts got Zeno's ability to erase thanks to the seed.
I don't know if he was destroyed. But it was satisfying to see since I really hate Zamasu. Lets be honest if he is invincible like he claims then he should return eventually.
"We became like friends, we became like good friends." Broly to Cheelai and Lemo about his fur pelt.

SupremeKai25
I Live Here

Post by SupremeKai25 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:32 am

Hulk10 wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:19 am

I hated it obviously.

I don't know if he was destroyed. But it was satisfying to see since I really hate Zamasu. Lets be honest if he is invincible like he claims then he should return eventually.
And he did return after Zeno erased him. The Zamasu of Heroes is the same Zamasu who was erased at the end of the Future Trunks arc.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:38 am

SupremeKai25 wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:32 am
I hated it obviously.

And he did return after Zeno erased him. The Zamasu of Heroes is the same Zamasu who was erased at the end of the Future Trunks arc.
Good point. I know Heroes is a bit weird but I liked how they put SSJ4 and SSJB on par with each other.

Hulk10
Advanced Regular

Post by Hulk10 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:42 am

SupremeKai25 wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 10:32 am
I hated it obviously.

Good point. I know Heroes is a bit weird but I liked how they put SSJ4 and SSJB on par with each other.

Zamasu55

Post by Zamasu55 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:29 pm

Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:11 am
Nokra wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:07 am If UI goku beats this guy all this hype about him being on zeno's level will be hilariously proven wrong.
I think that this isn't the time yet for a foe that strong. Ultra Hearts should be around Blue Fusion KK or MUI and LB/SFP Jiren level. Which is why he would seem like a threat, being stronger than the 2 most powerful mortals in the multiverse.

And (my theory) I would like for something like a Super Dragon Balls "Omega Shenron" to be a foe a couple of times stronger than Hearts, which would cause someone like say Zalama to take him down, as our dudes would be overwhelmed. Too early imo.
Goku and Jiren can't defeat Zamasu the way Hearts did.

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:01 pm

It was officially stated already: Zeno does not fight. Comparing his so-called battle power to others makes no sense.

In the manga, doesn't Final Form Hearts, aided by Cumber and others, fight against Jiren and MUI? someone more versed on SDBH Manga or the game correct me if I'm wrong, but probably he will not fight Daishinkan.

Also, I don't think Hearts making Daishinkan pay attention is the first time he reacts to something, he put up that barrier when Goku used the genki dama, which was weird because not even Supressed Jiren had to worry about that.

Grand Marshal 1
Advanced Regular

Post by Grand Marshal 1 » Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:07 pm

Koitsukai wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:01 pm It was officially stated already: Zeno does not fight. Comparing his so-called battle power to others makes no sense.

In the manga, doesn't Final Form Hearts, aided by Cumber and others, fight against Jiren and MUI? someone more versed on SDBH Manga or the game correct me if I'm wrong, but probably he will not fight Daishinkan.

Also, I don't think Hearts making Daishinkan pay attention is the first time he reacts to something, he put up that barrier when Goku used the genki dama, which was weird because not even Supressed Jiren had to worry about that.
I agree.

It was indeed Super Hearts, Halo Merged Neo Zamasu and Super Saiyan 3 Full Power Cumber that were a match for LB/SFP Jiren. I don't remember what the dialogues say after that, but I think that Super Hearts and Cumber did fight against Goku, Jiren and Golden Metal Cooler afterwards, aided by Hit. Bi nothing on Ultra Hearts yet.

As for Daishinkan, I doubt that the Grand Priest would stand in awe from Hearts' power. I think that the whole setting (facing off against 3 of the strongest mortals) and acquiring a kind of power that would allow him to destroy the Omni-King is what drawled his attention.

You know like you being at school and acting all surprised when 2 younger kids beat up each other and you go to see them fight out of curiosity lol.

If anything the Grand Priest might want to engage more with the mortals, being a Supreme deity that after the tournament came to appreciate them more, as lesser gods are meant to deal with them (the entire Kaio shin hierarchy and the GoDs).
P O W E R

Koitsukai
I Live Here

Post by Koitsukai » Fri Oct 11, 2019 4:14 pm

Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:07 pm
Koitsukai wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:01 pm It was officially stated already: Zeno does not fight. Comparing his so-called battle power to others makes no sense.

I agree.

It was indeed Super Hearts, Halo Merged Neo Zamasu and Super Saiyan 3 Full Power Cumber that were a match for LB/SFP Jiren. I don't remember what the dialogues say after that, but I think that Super Hearts and Cumber did fight against Goku, Jiren and Golden Metal Cooler afterwards, aided by Hit. Bi nothing on Ultra Hearts yet.

As for Daishinkan, I doubt that the Grand Priest would stand in awe from Hearts' power. I think that the whole setting (facing off against 3 of the strongest mortals) and acquiring a kind of power that would allow him to destroy the Omni-King is what drawled his attention.

You know like you being at school and acting all surprised when 2 younger kids beat up each other and you go to see them fight out of curiosity lol.

If anything the Grand Priest might want to engage more with the mortals, being a Supreme deity that after the tournament came to appreciate them more, as lesser gods are meant to deal with them (the entire Kaio shin hierarchy and the GoDs).
Oh, I see, so the anime deviates from the other media just like Super, with little changes like replacing three fighters with a super ultra version of one of them. It's hard to see them go as far as bringing Daishinkan to fight it out when the manga has much weaker characters taking care of that.

To me it felt like Daishinkan reacted more to Zamasu's erasure than to the eraser. Like he was worried something that powerful (whatever the seed is) was around, not necessarily Hearts, like Trump having that red button that can nuke the world.

ankokudaishogun
Advanced Regular

Post by ankokudaishogun » Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:39 am

Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:07 pm It was indeed Super Hearts, Halo Merged Neo Zamasu and Super Saiyan 3 Full Power Cumber that were a match for LB/SFP Jiren.
Normal Hearts, not Super Hearts

God Gogeta

Post by God Gogeta » Sat Oct 12, 2019 12:20 pm

Grand Marshal 1 wrote: Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:11 am

To be precise if ui goku beats him then hearts accomplishments were for nothing, where he can destroy a fused being on the level of gods like nothing, being defeated by a single warior would make no sense. Though in SDBH anime scaling has always been trash. If the scaling were right ultra hearts opponents should have been like Gogeta, new broly, beerus, or jiren and hit's fusion. One of them should be enough . No angels should be concerned unless they think they shouldn't interfare.
God Gogeta