Dragon Ball Super: TV Ratings Discussion Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

precita
Banned

Re: Dragon Ball Super: TV Ratings Discussion Thread

Post by precita » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:13 pm

Interested to see how the ratings of the last few eps go, although now that Super is over I guess it doesn't really matter anymore.

Goodbye, sweet prince.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Tue Jan 23, 2018 10:06 pm

Both the rating and the rank aren't bad. 7 and 4.6. Feels average.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Wed Jan 24, 2018 1:15 am

Super barely went up but One Piece had a very significant boost this week.

majinwarman
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by majinwarman » Fri Jan 26, 2018 5:37 pm

perucho1990 wrote:Image

http://www.videor.co.jp/tvrating/index.html

Gohan episode did better than the last 2 Vegeta episodes, but still below the 5.0 mark.
I wonder how many people are going to watch the last episode of Super.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:06 pm

Same rating as last week, OP ratings continue to increase.

VejituhTheWarriorGuy
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by VejituhTheWarriorGuy » Tue Jan 30, 2018 9:22 pm

Wow, One Piece is really increasing and it'll probably continue to once Kitaro comes out. Super seems to be ending it's run on a pretty low note
"You think you can defeat me? Using the power of those MOSQUITOS?! I am the legendary WARRIOR!" - Broly (Big Green Dub)

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Wed Jan 31, 2018 10:25 am

VejituhTheWarriorGuy wrote:

Wow, One Piece is really increasing and it'll probably continue to once Kitaro comes out. Super seems to be ending it's run on a pretty low note
At least it is still in 6th place!
Majinwarman

Araki
Advanced Regular

Post by Araki » Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:36 pm

Again, One Piece has it much easier running against Super Sentai - i guess Kyuuranger's final stretch isn't doing much for it. DBS' competition in Kamen Rider is much stronger. It's almost embarrassing for One Piece how often it was close to its lead in.

perucho1990
I Live Here

Post by perucho1990 » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:09 pm

Hopefully the ratings go back to 5.0 range now that we just reached the final Boss fight.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:16 pm

Congrats to Hugtto to making it on the board! It is refreshing to have proper punching and kicking Precure back (I didn't hate A La Mode, it had fun character reaction faces and music, but removing fisticuffs left its fights kinda dull). While I'm not that keen on the "Precure raise a baby" stuff, I can deal with it if it means physical fights of Precure vs giant monsters are back.

Super in 8th though, yikes. Maybe people are giving up now that they know there is no next arc this April after all. I'm stubbornly watching till the end, but I can understand people for looking elsewhere to watch stuff at 9.

As long as Super can stay on the board until the end, and I'm near certain it will, I think it'll be fine.
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Tue Feb 06, 2018 9:57 pm

Time Bokan tied with One Piece this week. It's been steadily rising up the ratings. Still curious what that's about. :eh:

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:05 pm

According to ANN, Time Bokan's like a Mr. Peabody and/or Doctor Who kind of thing where there's a time machine and history changing shenanigans that began in the late 70's: https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encycl ... hp?id=1472

The one airing now is https://www.animenewsnetwork.com/encycl ... p?id=20001 but even with the art update it still looks off putting and antiquated. Look at how they drew the heavier man's lips. It's not Mr. Popo levels, but still looks uncomfortable. Also the other man has uncomfortable Bugs Bunny teeth like that one guy from Osomatsu.

It's a show I don't think could air in the U.S. no matter how big the ratings are in Japan.
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Tue Feb 06, 2018 11:44 pm

Chuquita wrote:Congrats to Hugtto to making it on the board! It is refreshing to have proper punching and kicking Precure back (I didn't hate A La Mode, it had fun character reaction faces and music, but removing fisticuffs left its fights kinda dull). While I'm not that keen on the "Precure raise a baby" stuff, I can deal with it if it means physical fights of Precure vs giant monsters are back.

Super in 8th though, yikes. Maybe people are giving up now that they know there is no next arc this April after all. I'm stubbornly watching till the end, but I can understand people for looking elsewhere to watch stuff at 9.

As long as Super can stay on the board until the end, and I'm near certain it will, I think it'll be fine.
I hope that Super doesn't slip towards the end due to people wanting to find new shows to watch because it's going off air.
Majinwarman

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:21 am

majinwarman wrote:
Chuquita wrote:Congrats to Hugtto to making it on the board! It is refreshing to have proper punching and kicking Precure back (I didn't hate A La Mode, it had fun character reaction faces and music, but removing fisticuffs left its fights kinda dull). While I'm not that keen on the "Precure raise a baby" stuff, I can deal with it if it means physical fights of Precure vs giant monsters are back.

I hope that Super doesn't slip towards the end due to people wanting to find new shows to watch because it's going off air.
Agreed. I'd like to see Super stay in the top 10 all the way through.
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Saikyo no Senshi
Advanced Regular

Post by Saikyo no Senshi » Wed Feb 07, 2018 3:18 am

Time Bokan holy shit. And, same glad Huggto brought back what was missing in Kirapri. Also, Hana is already one of my favs with just the first ep. SatoJun Precure is going to own hard. I'm really excited.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Wed Feb 07, 2018 6:26 am

At this point maybe only the finale of Super will do well, the ratings really did tank ever since the tournament of power arc started all throughout 2017 till now.

The irony of Super actually ending due to its lowest rated arc is not lost on anyone.

TheMikado
I Live Here

Post by TheMikado » Wed Feb 07, 2018 8:45 am

precita wrote:At this point maybe only the finale of Super will do well, the ratings really did tank ever since the tournament of power arc started all throughout 2017 till now.

The irony of Super actually ending due to its lowest rated arc is not lost on anyone.
Super isn’t ending because of the ToP ratings.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Wed Feb 07, 2018 5:18 pm

TheMikado wrote:
precita wrote:At this point maybe only the finale of Super will do well, the ratings really did tank ever since the tournament of power arc started all throughout 2017 till now.

Super isn’t ending because of the ToP ratings.
Yeah. I mean this is same Fujitv that renewed Monster Hunter Stories (never once made the top 10 in it's initial yearly run) and they were far more involved in the production of that show to the point their logo is on FUNi's BDs for MH. That makes it painfully obvious ratings don't matter for these shows.

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:11 am

Not only that but this week's episode had higher ratings than the previous ones so I have no idea why this doom and gloom is happening. It got 8th because of Time Bokan but more people watched it this week than the previous ones.

buutenks

Post by buutenks » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:11 am

I think Super is ending because this was how long Toei planned for it to run. Then they move on to other DB related media.