Dragon Ball Fukkatsu no F - Super Edition

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Re: Dragon Ball Fukkatsu no F - Super Edition

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:14 am

sintzu wrote:The upcoming episode titles give us our first change,Vegeta is the one who goes to train with Whis while Goku follows him unlike the movie which was the other way around.
As I said in the other thread this isn't the case. In the movie it was never stated that Goku went to Whis first. Goku just happened to speak first because Beerus was asking him about it.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:18 pm

If that's how things play out, Whis should tease both of them saying he would only train one.

That would give us a reason for a little Vegeta vs Goku spar. Nothing too major.
Whis would come up with a goal to decide the winner and wait for him at Beerus's castle. Turns out Vegeta would be the winner, while Goku lays defeated in the ground and has to find a new master.

Whis Waifu would be the one. First woman senpai for Goku.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:52 pm

I really like them training together under Whis in F. It was the only redeeming part about that movie for me. I want to see it explored more in Super.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Kakarotto92
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kakarotto92 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:05 am

I think people expecting to see things like Freeza training or Goku and Vegeta achieving blue SSG for the first time while training with Whis are in for a disappointment. It will either not be shown or - in the case of Freeza's training - it's gonna be something lame/not very creative that will make everyone regret for asking to see the training in the first place. I would be gladly proven wrong, though.

Based on what we had in Super's rendering of BoG, I'm not expecting any drastic changes or differences; I'd be more than pleased if they at least do this:

-Increase the time of Piccolo fighting scenes and make his fight against Shisami less humiliating.

-Z-fighters actually kill Freeza's henchmen.

-Make Freeza an actual threat rather than a punching bag like we saw in FnF. If the fight is gonna be extended like they did with Beerus, I'd like to see Goku struggle with Golden Freeza for at least two episodes before getting the upper hand.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:06 am

Kakarotto92 wrote:-Z-fighters actually kill Freeza's henchmen.
Gohan was the only one sparring the soldiers.

LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta
Advanced Regular

Post by LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta » Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:16 am

Doctor. wrote:
And yet he fired a HUGE ki blast at the when between the islands,I cant imagine them surviving that 0.o

I hope they fix the mistkes of ROF

nobody struggles with people below final form zarbon for Christ's sake!

make gohan go ssj2 or ultimate vs first form frieza instead of face him stupidly surpressed!

make gohan last longer then 1 hit,have frieza dodge his attacks and make the fight more interesting. 1 sided fight tend to bore me compared to REAL fights. Ants vs Dinosaur isn't the match of the century.

give vegeta the kill......it's heavily needed,it'll connect him more to trunks who he seams to care for then his real son,and it will be coming full circle,something Z messed up with gohan killing cell rather then goku ending is war with the reed ribbon army himself.

no plot induced stupidity! goku getting hit by the laser makes sense if he's off guard,but it somehow piercing through him is stupidity incarnate. at least make it full of frieza's ki or something so it's believeable. otherwise a stormtrooper from star was could kill goku -_-

nobody being ok with frieza living,as him leaving to train for another 4 months would make him stronger then whis....that'd kinda be bad!
Any post before 8/7/2016 isn't mine. This account was a gift from someone who thought the account was already banned. Saved me the trouble of making a new one haha XD

I love DB/DBZ/DBGT/DBZK/DBS (If I didn't why would I be here? XD)

Kakarotto92
Beyond Newbie

Post by Kakarotto92 » Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:17 am

Doctor. wrote:
Really? Then I don't get why the other fighters didn't wipe out the entire army with a single ki blast if they weren't holding back.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Tue Nov 03, 2015 8:23 am

Kakarotto92 wrote:Really? Then I don't get why the other fighters didn't wipe out the entire army with a single ki blast if they weren't holding back.
They wanted to buy time for Goku & Vegeta.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Araki
Advanced Regular

Post by Araki » Tue Nov 03, 2015 6:10 pm

Well, at least now we can pretty much confirm the Champa stuff covered earlier in the manga will be in the anime version of RoF, as expected.
That probably means the Kaioshins will be distracted watching the Freeza events, which wasn't shown in the movie.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:47 pm

Doctor. wrote:
The script added that everyone spared the soldiers.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Fri Nov 06, 2015 1:50 pm

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:
Doctor. wrote:
The script added that everyone spared the soldiers.
No, it didn't.
Sorbet: “I-I can’t believe it!...These guys are…!”
Freeza: “There’s nothing surprising about it. If he felt like it, Son Goku’s son over there could finish them all in an instant. But he’s trying not to kill anyone. He’s soft, just like his father. Why, Son Goku wouldn’t even kill a scoundrel like me. How truly noble of him…and how absolutely revolting!”

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Fri Nov 06, 2015 2:07 pm

Doctor. wrote:No, it didn't.
Freeza: “There’s nothing surprising about it. If he felt like it, Son Goku’s son over there could finish them all in an instant. But he’s trying not to kill anyone. He’s soft, just like his father. Why, Son Goku wouldn’t even kill a scoundrel like me. How truly noble of him…and how absolutely revolting!”
There is more:
Freeza: “There’s nothing surprising about it. If he felt like it, Son Goku’s son over there could finish them all in an instant. But he’s trying not to kill anyone. He’s soft, just like his father. Why, Son Goku wouldn’t even kill a scoundrel like me. How truly noble of him………..and how absolutely revolting!”

Before long Earth’s army has defeated all of the soldiers save for one. (They pretty much don’t kill any of them.) Piccolo continues to battle Shisami, but Gohan swaps in for him.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Fri Nov 06, 2015 7:37 pm

Have a fight were Beerus and Whis dont steal away from the big rematch.

Also as a Freeza fan I want to see more of Golden Freeza owning Goku.

Araki
Advanced Regular

Post by Araki » Sat Nov 07, 2015 1:03 am

The thing is, Toriyama might have pointed that out in his script, but the way the fight was animated, the staff didn't seem worried about showing the other Z-senshi apparently killing some soldiers. There's even a bunch of fodders eaten by that giant fish-thing.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Sat Nov 07, 2015 9:44 am

Araki wrote:The thing is, Toriyama might have pointed that out in his script, but the way the fight was animated, the staff didn't seem worried about showing the other Z-senshi apparently killing some soldiers. There's even a bunch of fodders eaten by that giant fish-thing.
You mean from the ki blasts? Gohan fired a huge ki blast on some soldiers, yet no one died according to Freeza, so the ki blasts everyone fired should have been weak enough to keep them alive.

As for the fish, they were killed by the fish and not Jaco, even though Jaco manipulated them in order to get eaten.

ssjvegeta420

Post by ssjvegeta420 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 5:55 pm

i would change ressurection f by showing frieza train and attain his new form, i would make the final fight way longer and more epic, but most of all LET VEGETA HAVE A EPIC BATTLE AND GET TO KILL FRIEZA, HE ABOVE ALL OTHERS DESERVES THAT VICTORY!

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:34 pm

ssjvegeta420 wrote:i would change ressurection f by showing Freeza train and attain his new form, i would make the final fight way longer and more epic, but most of all LET VEGETA HAVE A EPIC BATTLE AND GET TO KILL Freeza, HE ABOVE ALL OTHERS DESERVES THAT VICTORY!

The ending will more then likely be the same as the movie's but there's no reason to not have his fight last at least 1 full episode especially since Goku's fight with Beerus got 5 episodes and his fight with Freeza will probably get that or 4 so 1-2 for Vegeta is a very reasonable request.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

SilverPlaqueVII
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SilverPlaqueVII » Sun Nov 22, 2015 11:24 am

Hate to spoil the story but would the ending of this arc mirror the events of the 1991 arc?
sintzu wrote:
ssjvegeta420 wrote:i would change ressurection f by showing Freeza train and attain his new form, i would make the final fight way longer and more epic, but most of all LET VEGETA HAVE A EPIC BATTLE AND GET TO KILL Freeza, HE ABOVE ALL OTHERS DESERVES THAT VICTORY!

The ending will more then likely be the same as the movie's but there's no reason to not have his fight last at least 1 full episode especially since Goku's fight with Beerus got 5 episodes and his fight with Freeza will probably get that or 4 so 1-2 for Vegeta is a very reasonable request.
Jelo Gutierrez Cantos (Dr. Fresh)
I'M GONNA BREAK YOU, LIKE A KIT-KAT BAR!! - TFS Goku. (have a Break, have a Kit Kat Freeza!)

-------------------------------------

Silver ShenronTransit Archive Projects
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Facebook | X (Twitter) | Tumblr | Youtube (1) (2) | Flickr | Instagram | Threads

Sora Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Sora Saiyan » Sun Nov 22, 2015 12:55 pm

I actually think they're doing the anime version of RoF quite abit better than the movie, it feels much more ironed out.

By the way, does anybody else have the feeling that Goku isn't going to get SSJB until he fights Freeza, and he's going to be shocked by the form when he tries to become SSJ? I hope this isn't the case, but I have a feeling that it might happen since it doesn't look like Goku and Vegeta have achieved the form yet.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Nov 22, 2015 2:00 pm

No that won't happen. The SSGSS that was teased in the recent episode happened prior to the 6month timeskip, plenty of time for them to discover SSGSS properly we're simply not going to see it like with Freeza.