Dragon Ball Fukkatsu no F - Super Edition

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Ushabtis
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Re: Dragon Ball Fukkatsu no F - Super Edition

Post by Ushabtis » Sat Jul 18, 2015 3:32 pm

I figured that was the case.
Jaco the Super Elite with The Great Saiyaman fighting crime for a spin-off series. Make it happen Toriyama

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Sun Jul 19, 2015 11:46 am

I have no interest in King Cold. I would like to see Cooler. Maybe Toei should tell Toriyama-san about him as he seems to not remember this movie character.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

supercat
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by supercat » Mon Jul 20, 2015 3:49 pm

-If Shisami is going to land any hits on Piccolo, either show him training alongside Frieza, or completely exclude the scene where he is compared to a pair of useless lackeys like Zarbon and Dodoria.

-Provide some insight on Frieza's training.

-Show a scene of Kaioshin eating his words after he witnesses Frieza's new power as well as a scene of King Kai freaking out over the tyrant's revival.

-Give Gohan and Piccolo more fight scenes, where they work together as a team while still showcasing their individual abilities.

-Let Gohan retain his Ultimate form, and reserve the privilege of turning Super Saiyan for Goten and Trunks.

-Show that Piccolo has progressed, and basically emphasize the fact that he's only second to Ultimate Gohan (with the exclusion of Goku and Vegeta). The Namekian dedicates his entire existence into training for crying out loud.

-Increase the number of henchmen or have them backed up by stronger elites so that Goten, Trunks, 18, Yamcha, and Mr. Buu could all be included in the big battle.

-Specify the relationship between Beerus and Frieza.

-Lengthen the fight scene between Vegeta and Frieza, and let the prince be the one to save the day against the villain that had once brought him so much torment.

funrush
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by funrush » Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:12 pm

Since it has to be longer than the movie to make it really a story arc, bringing back Cold could do some good maybe. They could take a tip from DBM's book and be like "When he fought Trunks he was only in his first/second/whatever form!" and have him go all out, have him be around Buu-ish level strength, and let Gohan fight and beat him. That also solves the whole Gohan did nothing problem.

I agree with giving Jaco an introduction earlier, adapting the manga into a special might be too much to ask but I think he should be given more of an intro to the new viewers who haven't heard of Jaco. Add in a line like the one in the manga where it mentions that Jaco isn't fit for like mega huge threats, and that's why he didn't fight the Saiyans/Freeza/etc. during the course of the series.

I also concur with pretty much all of Doctor.'s post.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:25 pm

-No mob laser piercing Goku due to him being caught off guard
-Goku soloing Frieza
-Gohan not getting 1hit killed
-Piccolo whooping every soldiers ass with no effort including the red bull guy
-Boo/Goten/Trunks/Mr.Satan joins the cast
-Vegeta having his own enemy
-No Beerus and Whis scene eating (it destroys the battle feel to it)

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:25 pm

funrush wrote:They could take a tip from DBM's book and be like "When he fought Trunks he was only in his first/second/whatever form!" and have him go all out, have him be around Buu-ish level strength, and let Gohan fight and beat him. That also solves the whole Gohan did nothing problem.
It also creates a plot-hole, like in DBM. Even if Cold can transform, he must still be weaker than Freeza, since he said that anyone who can defeat Freeza must be the strongest in the universe, meaning that he was weaker than him.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:53 pm

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:
funrush wrote:They could take a tip from DBM's book and be like "When he fought Trunks he was only in his first/second/whatever form!" and have him go all out, have him be around Buu-ish level strength, and let Gohan fight and beat him. That also solves the whole Gohan did nothing problem.
It also creates a plot-hole, like in DBM. Even if Cold can transform, he must still be weaker than Freeza, since he said that anyone who can defeat Freeza must be the strongest in the universe, meaning that he was weaker than him.
Couldn't he gain Freeza's new form and end up at Boo level strength, then?

He'd still be weaker than Freeza's final form, even at his maximum power.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Mon Jul 20, 2015 4:56 pm

Doctor. wrote:Couldn't he gain Freeza's new form and end up at Boo level strength, then?

He'd still be weaker than Freeza's final form, even at his maximum power.
If he trains, maybe. But I'm talking about Cold as we was when he died, and so was funrush.
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

Ushabtis
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ushabtis » Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:08 pm

SansrivaaL wrote:-Boo/Goten/Trunks/Mr.Satan joins the cast
..what would Satan even do? lets say all frieza's soldiers have a power level of 1,000 to keep it simple. How could Satan even fight that? yeah he could survive it easy, he has survived punches from guys millions of times stronger. but fighting them?

the level of funny would be great if they did it right. and I hope to see it :D
Jaco the Super Elite with The Great Saiyaman fighting crime for a spin-off series. Make it happen Toriyama

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:11 pm

Ushabtis wrote:
..what would Satan even do? lets say all Freeza's soldiers have a power level of 1,000 to keep it simple. How could Satan even fight that? yeah he could survive it easy, he has survived punches from guys millions of times stronger. but fighting them?

His interaction with Freeza? It's the only main villain Satan hasn't met.

Ushabtis
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ushabtis » Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:22 pm

oh man the thought of Satan meeting Frieza would be hilarious. Actucally it might be a good way to show off Frieza's new power.

-Satan does Satan things tries to fight frieza
-Frieza just swats him away like Cell did
-pisses off Buu and then they fight
Since Buu is strong, Frieza beating him would be quite an achievement. Then Gotenks can show up and fight 2nd form frieza then Gotenks loses, then final form frieza can fight ultimate Gohan and beat Gohan. Then Goku and Vegeta show up.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Mon Jul 20, 2015 5:25 pm

Ushabtis wrote:oh man the thought of Satan meeting Freeza would be hilarious. Actucally it might be a good way to show off Freeza's new power.

-Satan does Satan things tries to fight Freeza
-Frieza just swats him away like Cell did
-pisses off Buu and then they fight
Since Buu is strong, Freeza beating him would be quite an achievement. Then Gotenks can show up and fight 2nd form Freeza then Gotenks loses, then final form Freeza can fight ultimate Gohan and beat Gohan. Then Goku and Vegeta show up.
Or, you know, Boo absorbs Freeza and the problem is solved. He fights alongside the heroes in his Boozer form.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:01 am

Ushabtis wrote:
..what would Satan even do? lets say all Freeza's soldiers have a power level of 1,000 to keep it simple. How could Satan even fight that? yeah he could survive it easy, he has survived punches from guys millions of times stronger. but fighting them?

Did I say he should fight? its for interactions and gag moments obviously.

Vegard Aune
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Vegard Aune » Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:46 am

supercat wrote:-Lengthen the fight scene between Vegeta and Freeza, and let the prince be the one to save the day against the villain that had once brought him so much torment.
No, please do not lengthen the fight scene between Vegeta and Freeza. I for one found it immensely satisfying to see Vegeta just effortlessly take down Freeza in just a few punches, and I can't think of any way they could reasonably improve on the fight by making it longer.

I do agree with the people hoping that the time rewind ending gets cut out entirely and they instead use the destruction of Earth to lead into the Universe 6 arc somehow though. Having the Earth getting destroyed at the end of F might have been a cool scene, but it loses a lot (read: pretty much all) of its impact when it's literally undone just a minute later.

Birusu16
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Birusu16 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 10:02 am

I'd keep most of it the same. A couple things I'd toss out would be Goku's body being pierced by Sorbet's laser beam, though my reasoning for this is mostly because so many fans are complaining about it. My personal opinion is that it should stay in the movie as it was used to teach Goku a lesson to not let down his guard. Whis had told him that repeatedly and he still failed to heed the lesson. Another thing I'd toss out is Freeza's power draining weakness. The minute that was revealed it removed any and all tension from the fight.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 3:00 pm

What about Kibitoshin joining the fight against Freeza and his army. It would be nice to see him do something useful for once and we never saw his full power.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Ushabtis
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Ushabtis » Tue Jul 21, 2015 4:50 pm

I'd Love to see Kibito-kai go out and fight. He should be pretty strong actually, I'd say stronger than even piccolo.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Wed Jul 22, 2015 1:41 pm

If he is fused with Kibito then Kibitoshin should be close by SSj2 level going how Kaioshin made Piccolo shit his pants and Piccolo would be stronger then Semi-Perfect Cell by this point. I always like Elder Kaioshin and Kibitoshin, so having Kibitoshin have a bigger role would be cool.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

Fresh Prince
Beyond Newbie

Post by Fresh Prince » Thu Jul 23, 2015 6:42 pm

Cetra wrote:Which changes do you want to be made?

I want:

A different Final Form for Freeza
Another name for SSJGSSJ
Yamcha fighting
Kuririn, 17 and 18 fighting together
A better showing of Piccolo and Gohan in battle
Goten and Trunks as teenagers that can also be noticed as being teenagers and not that "Goku was small with 15" thing
The final battle changed, especially the ending
I would want to see:
-Goten and Trunks
-Mirai Trunks
-Frieza's Training
-Vegeta and Goku working together to fight a Stronger Freeza.
-SSGSS Gogeta

SaiyanZ
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaiyanZ » Tue Jul 28, 2015 10:39 pm

-An explanation for why Freeza keeps his body/don't even show him with a dead body
-See Freeza's training (hoping Champa and fem Whis have something to do with it)
-Buu, Goten, Trunks, Yamcha and Chaozuu join the others in fighting; if they don't join, some better explanations for why they're not there
-See Piccolo try and kill some of the soldiers
-Piccolo vs Shisami being more believable by it being a stomp in Piccolo's favor unless Shisami gets in on some of Freeza's training
-An explanation for what happened to Gohan's Ultimate state/show him use it (Super's OP seems to show that he will keep it for now)
-Maybe a Future Trunks appearance?
-Freeza interacting with Goten and Trunks (mini Goku & Trunks)
-Make Goku's flaw as a fighter more believably exploited; I think dbzfan7 made his own clip in which Sorbet's ring beam distracts Goku so that Freeza can fire a shot through
his heart
-No awkward scene transitions (4 month timeskip was horribly shown and there was a couple weird scenes like Shisami sneering at Tagoma early on)
-LESS. CGI.
Last edited by SaiyanZ on Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Tim Duncan is dope and forever.

My favorite anime and manga (characters included): https://myanimelist.net/profile/SaiyanZ?q=SaiyanZ