If you were to see a GT character made canon in DBS Who?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
Darkprince410
I Live Here
Posts: 2266
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2007 11:12 pm

Re: If you were to see a GT character made canon in DBS Who?

Post by Darkprince410 » Sun Oct 04, 2015 10:34 am

LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta wrote:I think you're nerfing pre god feats and taking god feats as a means of power. BY that logic
No one's nerfing pre-god feats. We're just saying that the feats shown clearly indicate that Super's feats are higher.
Freeza's death ball>>>>>majin Vegeta's final explosion because only one planet busted ;/
Vegeta intentionally concentrated the explosion to avoid destroying the planet, because there's no point in killing Buu for the sake of saving the Earth if it took him blowing the Earth up in the process.

Besides, we see Ii Shinlon intentionally try to destroy the Earth with his most powerful attack, the one that Ssj4 Gogeta kicked away. If he were as powerful as you say, with the ability to "clap his hands" and destroy the universes, why didn't he do so? He had no reason or desire to hold back, and his entire mindset was to kill and destroy, so there's no reason he'd hold back in the slightest during any of his battles, pre- or post- Dragon Ball absorption.
Omega cold clap his hands and destroy all 12 universes,not just 1/12 of the "multiverse" even though this goes against the real world definition of universe.
Literally no evidence supporting or even suggesting that kind of strength whatsoever. Saying he can do something, when literally nothing shows that he can, is effectively meaningless. I can say, just as readily, that Ii Shinlon couldn't come close to scratching Beerus, and my statement would be just as factual as yours.
beerus 10%-needed to fight a damaged tired angry ssj2 buu saga Vegeta.
Who had drastically increased his power through a rage boost due to Beerus attacking Bulma.
Raging Vegeta-2x the power of ssj3 goku at best.
Literally nothing is stated or even suggested about how much stronger the rage boost made Vegeta over Goku. You can't say that it was only 2x Goku at best, when nothing points to it at all. Given the fight and the statements that are made, for all we know Vegeta could have been a thousand or tens of thousands of times stronger than Goku was. You arbitrarily giving a number of only 2x Ssj3 Goku means that you're intentionally trying to low-ball the feat to try and make GT's characters more powerful.
base gt goku-end of Z ssj3 goku teir without even powering up. give him the 400x multiplier it's overkill. Beerus isn't even able to fight ssj2 GT goku with 1 hand tied behind his back.
See above. The low-balling you're giving Ssj2 Vegeta, and Beerus for that matter, is baseless.

What do you say about the fact that the anime comic adaptation of GT: A Hero's Legacy includes the fact about Vegetto indicating that Buu Saga Ssj Vegetto was more powerful than Super Saiya-jin 4 Goku? Given that and the fact that Goku, in Super, establishes that he doesn't believe any fusion with Vegeta would stop Beerus (which, without specifications, could easily mean Ssj3 Vegetto), and you have Beerus, right then and there, being over 8x more powerful than Ssj4 Goku.

Lastly, while not the most accurate source of information, it should be noted that even the video games support BoG Beerus being there amongst the strongest of GT's characters. When Ssj 4 Gogeta enters a battle against Beerus, his in-game dialogue is "Maybe I can beat Lord Beerus now!" If GT's characters were so drastically stronger than BoG/Super's, as you're saying, why would the strongest GT character state that "maybe" he could beat Beerus, indicating doubt and uncertainty on his part?

User avatar
SingleFringe&Sparks
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1642
Joined: Mon Dec 09, 2013 10:55 pm
Location: Mt. Paozu/East District

Re: If you were to see a GT character made canon in DBS Who?

Post by SingleFringe&Sparks » Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:24 am

LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta wrote: He's a guy who needs 10% to beat a damaged angry ssj2 vegeta who trained all morning...even if whis gave him all his ki omega would easily ram his spikes through beerus and laugh.
There is nothing to support that. Considering how weak most of the dragons were in performance (where even pan could beat most of them), all merging together to give Omega god tier boost is a ridiculous comparison. Goku could have basically one-shot all the dragons when given the direct chance to; and if not for plot; Goku's dragonfist would have ended Omega on the spot. He was blinded (and couldn't at all sense Omega for whatever reason) which handicapped him. If not for that, the Shadow dragons would be cake. Beerus is smarter and more disciplined than they are.
Zephyr wrote:The fandom's collective fetishizing of "moments" is also ridiculous to me. No, not everyone needs a fucking "shine" moment. If that's all you want, then all you want is fanservice, rather than an actual coherent story. And of course those aren't mutually exclusive; you could have a coherent story with "shine" moments! But if a story is perfectly coherent (and I'm really not seeing any compelling arguments that this one is anything but, despite constantly recurring, really poorly reasoned, attempts to argue otherwise), and you're bemoaning the lack of "shine" moments as a reason for the story's poor quality, then you're letting your thirst for "shine" moments obfuscate your ability to detect basic storytelling when it's right in front of you.

User avatar
voltlunok
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 927
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2014 2:56 pm
Location: Washington

Re: If you were to see a GT character made canon in DBS Who?

Post by voltlunok » Sun Oct 11, 2015 12:42 am

I agree with Majuub. I really liked the idea and I think it was executed alright but almost instantly had the legs cut out from under it by having Majuub lose to baby. I'll also stick to one of my original answers...LEDGIC! Could easily slip him in as a resident of U6!
Going on hiatus. Too much stuff in RL to deal with for me to keep up with posts here for now. Was fun, hope you all have a nice day and future! Volt signing off.

With the many years on the net I've spent...I've learned being polite takes you much further then being a dick. So...lesson here is! Don't be a dick!

"Fill up your stomach and your happiness! " - Cure Honey

User avatar
Brettjr25
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 170
Joined: Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:54 pm

Re: If you were to see a GT character made canon in DBS Who?

Post by Brettjr25 » Sun Oct 11, 2015 8:04 pm

Hm, original characters? I guess Baby..bebi..or whatever the hip spelling is nowadays. I liked the idea of a personal story from the Saiyans past plus the fact that he hijacks bodies would male him relevant. Ssgss baby vegeta vs ssgss goku.

If you mean character designs, I would go with Marron. She's the only character design from dbgt that I liked. So damned adorable.

Neon Z
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1126
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 11:34 am

Re: If you were to see a GT character made canon in DBS Who?

Post by Neon Z » Sun Oct 11, 2015 11:26 pm

LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:What? Beerus could solo GT universe at this stage.
he's a guy who needs 10% to beat a damaged angry ssj2 vegeta who trained all morning...even if whis gave him all his ki omega would easily ram his spikes through beerus and laugh.
That SSJ2 Vegeta was somehow fighting above SSJ3 level though. 10% Beerus also didn't "need" it. At 10%, he completely ignored Vegeta's attack. So, I don't see why you talk like it was just enough power to beat Vegeta.

And, really, the shadow dragons needed to rely on the corruption brought by their existence to destroy the galaxy rather than just taking it out at once like Beerus could easily do. Their goal was to destroy the galaxy, and yet their raw power apparently wouldn't be enough for that.

User avatar
LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1269
Joined: Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:24 pm
Location: Kami's Lookout.

Re: If you were to see a GT character made canon in DBS Who?

Post by LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta » Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:37 am

Neon Z wrote:
LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta wrote:
Lord Beerus wrote:What? Beerus could solo GT universe at this stage.
he's a guy who needs 10% to beat a damaged angry ssj2 vegeta who trained all morning...even if whis gave him all his ki omega would easily ram his spikes through beerus and laugh.
That SSJ2 Vegeta was somehow fighting above SSJ3 level though. 10% Beerus also didn't "need" it. At 10%, he completely ignored Vegeta's attack. So, I don't see why you talk like it was just enough power to beat Vegeta.

And, really, the shadow dragons needed to rely on the corruption brought by their existence to destroy the galaxy rather than just taking it out at once like Beerus could easily do. Their goal was to destroy the galaxy, and yet their raw power apparently wouldn't be enough for that.

If Beerus didn't need 10%, why would he go there? He makes it sound like he pompously doesn't go there. If he was at 8% he'd get wrecked. The smallest bit of power over your opponent can make you able to 1 hit kill them in dragonball. Look at vegeta vs dodoria. 24k vs 22 k. 1 hit kill, not even a beat of sweat or breathing differently at all.

Also even cell is a universe buster, the shadow dragons weren't destroying the universe for the same reason they didn't just kill all the heroes and get a easy win...just like every other villain it's because they're having their fun, by real world standards it's because that'd be boring to watch. What you're saying is equivalent to saying buuhan couldnt absorb vegito when vegito swallowed him. He COULD have turned to buu goo and absorbed vegito there or even turned him into candy point blank range but he didn't.


Hell Broly destroyed the south galaxy in his movie without going lssj which is over 50x stronger then his ssj form. Blew the whole thing up in one go at the start of the film.
Any post before 8/7/2016 isn't mine. This account was a gift from someone who thought the account was already banned. Saved me the trouble of making a new one haha XD

I love DB/DBZ/DBGT/DBZK/DBS (If I didn't why would I be here? XD)

User avatar
Cetra
I Live Here
Posts: 3856
Joined: Sun Mar 09, 2014 3:01 pm
Location: Germany

Re: If you were to see a GT character made canon in DBS Who?

Post by Cetra » Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:02 am

This debate already has included an impressive amount of just Power Level assumptions from both sides that hardly matter for the question.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

Neon Z
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1126
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2004 11:34 am

Re: If you were to see a GT character made canon in DBS Who?

Post by Neon Z » Tue Oct 13, 2015 10:06 am

LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta wrote:If Beerus didn't need 10%, why would he go there? He makes it sound like he pompously doesn't go there. If he was at 8% he'd get wrecked. The smallest bit of power over your opponent can make you able to 1 hit kill them in dragonball. Look at vegeta vs dodoria. 24k vs 22 k. 1 hit kill, not even a beat of sweat or breathing differently at all.
And yet look at the Nappa battle, where he felt hits from Piccolo and Kuririn, who didn't have even half of his power. Piccolo with Gohan's and Kuririn's ki managed to get a hit on Freeza.

Beerus at 10% completely ignored Vegeta's Garlic Gun which would be even stronger than the physical attacks that he had just used. He presumably jumped to 10% because it'd be enough to ignore that attack, it doesn't mean it'd be "just enough".
Also even cell is a universe buster, the shadow dragons weren't destroying the universe for the same reason they didn't just kill all the heroes and get a easy win...just like every other villain it's because they're having their fun, by real world standards it's because that'd be boring to watch.
If the Shadow Dragons could destroy a galaxy without the corruption spread, then why didn't it happen in the backstory? Remember, there were Shadow Dragons before, they destroyed a galaxy with the corruption of the negative energy spreading and seemingly disappeared alongside it. If they intended to portray them as being able to destroy a galaxy physically, that backstory would just have been about the shadow dragons destroying a galaxy with a big explosion, and they'd still be around.
What you're saying is equivalent to saying buuhan couldnt absorb vegito when vegito swallowed him. He COULD have turned to buu goo and absorbed vegito there or even turned him into candy point blank range but he didn't.
He eventually did both of those things though, so I don't see your point here.
Hell Broly destroyed the south galaxy in his movie without going lssj which is over 50x stronger then his ssj form. Blew the whole thing up in one go at the start of the film.
Yeah, film, those things that are mostly separate even from the anime, and, in spite of blowing it up in one scene, the same movie still showed that there were still things in the South Galaxy.

Post Reply