Anybody already stopped watching Super?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SilverPlaqueVII
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Anybody already stopped watching Super?

Post by SilverPlaqueVII » Sun Nov 29, 2015 5:47 pm

At least have Toei needs to fire some of the animators for their poor drawing.
Jelo Gutierrez Cantos (Dr. Fresh)
I'M GONNA BREAK YOU, LIKE A KIT-KAT BAR!! - TFS Goku. (have a Break, have a Kit Kat Freeza!)

-------------------------------------

Silver ShenronTransit Archive Projects
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Facebook | X (Twitter) | Tumblr | Youtube (1) (2) | Flickr | Instagram | Threads

ParkerAL
Regular

Post by ParkerAL » Sun Nov 29, 2015 6:11 pm

SilverPlaqueVII wrote:At least have Toei needs to fire some of the animators for their poor drawing.
Maybe I'm just old fashioned, but wishing for someone's unemployment (especially people who work for such meager wages as animators in Japan) seems like a kind of harsh thing to say. The animators aren't even to blame for the show's low budget and rushed production schedule.
Favorite Movies: Alien, Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back, The Thing, Evil Dead, The Land Before Time
Favorite Shows: Cardcaptor Sakura, Doctor Who, Wallace and Gromit, Wakfu, Yu Yu Hakusho
Favorite Manga: Fullmetal Alchemist, Hunter x Hunter, Dragon Ball
Augenis wrote:The power level view into the series has trained a significant portion of the fan base into real life stereotypical members of the Freeza empire, where each and every individual is reduced to a floating number above their heads and any sudden changes to said number are met with shock and confusion.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Nov 29, 2015 7:25 pm

sintzu wrote:
Scott wrote: Goku and Vegeta being house maids..........seriously, this is what Dragon Ball fans like now ? The standards of Dragon Ball fans really must have lowered. Open your eyes, this is awful. It's so childish, it's not funny, it's just embarrassing.

Dragon Ball Super is supposed to be aimed at kids, i get that, but it's coming across like it should be aimed at toddlers.
I understand why fans like it cause it's more DB but what gets me is instead of calling it what it is, some fans will say it's production and writing is the same as DB&Z's so anyone who doesn't like it must've outgrown the franchise.

It airs on Sunday mornings and is made to sell merchandise so it's definitely aimed at really young kids.
Dragon Ball has always been aimed at really young kids from day one.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sun Nov 29, 2015 9:18 pm

ParkerAL wrote:
SilverPlaqueVII wrote:At least have Toei needs to fire some of the animators for their poor drawing.
Maybe I'm just old fashioned, but wishing for someone's unemployment (especially people who work for such meager wages as animators in Japan) seems like a kind of harsh thing to say. The animators aren't even to blame for the show's low budget and rushed production schedule.
A lot of the key animators probably wouldn't be able to draw better on even twice the time they're allowed. Even then, Toei won't 'fire' animators that are freelancers...freelancers they need to make the next deadline.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:18 pm

Scott wrote: Goku and Vegeta being house maids..........seriously, this is what Dragon Ball fans like now ?
I know, right? Those outfits are so ridiculous. I can't believe this is happening in Dragon Ball.
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.
Insertclevername wrote:I plan to lose my virginity to Dragon Box 2.
Youtube | Art/Animation Blog

Scott
Beyond Newbie

Post by Scott » Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:32 pm

Big Momma wrote:
Scott wrote: Goku and Vegeta being house maids..........seriously, this is what Dragon Ball fans like now ?
I know, right? Those outfits are so ridiculous. I can't believe this is happening in Dragon Ball.
The difference being that they were 2 goofy kids. Vegeta and Goku are adults now and Vegeta would never do anything like this.

Every single thing about this show is turned into some sort of gag. It's not funny, it's stupid.

Scott
Beyond Newbie

Post by Scott » Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:33 pm

Scott wrote:
Big Momma wrote:
The difference being that they were 2 goofy kids. Vegeta and Goku are adults now and Vegeta would never do anything like this. Vegeta in super is doing things like this all of the time though, it's not even funny.

Every single thing about this show is like some sort of parody.

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:40 pm

Scott wrote:
The difference being that they were 2 goofy kids. Vegeta and Goku are adults now and Vegeta would never do anything like this. Vegeta in super is doing things like this all of the time though, it's not even funny.

I would say it's definitely in character for Whis to have Goku and Vegeta dress up like that and do thinks like that. And, with that said I would definitely think it would be in character for Vegeta to wear such a thing if it meant obtaining the power of a god. And with THAT said, Goku isn't easily embarrassed by things like that so I really don't think he'd care either way. And both of them, driven by the desire to outdo each other would definitely be willing to put aside "pride" if it meant becoming stronger than the other (Or not being "left behind").
Rocketman(In response to a post about Pandora's Box) wrote: I sat here for ten damn minutes wondering what the hell God of War had to do with any of this.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:42 pm

I've never seen Vegeta complain about something as ridiculous as clothing, not sure why it's "out of character".

Scott
Beyond Newbie

Post by Scott » Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:44 pm

Dbzk1999 wrote:
Scott wrote:I'm almost done now to be honest, i can't take much more of this crap show.

I have just watched episode 18 and once again it was another unbelievably painful episode to watch. Goku and Vegeta being house maids..........seriously, this is what Dragon Ball fans like now ? The standards of Dragon Ball fans really must have lowered. Open your eyes, this is awful. It's so childish, it's not funny, it's just embarrassing.

Seriously, is this show just taking the piss ? I can't think of any anime i have watched that was worse than this. I'm not even exaggerating either, this is horrendous.

Dragon Ball Super is supposed to be aimed at kids, i get that, but it's coming across like it should be aimed at toddlers.
Good lord, why do you keep watching it then? Seriously, you do this every time, watch the episode, come to here, say the episode was bad, and say that everyone must've lowered their expectations. There's literally NO point to continue doing that, you don't like the show, fine, I can respect that, but please STOP acting condescending and pretentious.
So people can continue to post bullshit excuses saying this show is good but i'm not allowed to keep complaining about it if i think it's crap ?

You can live in your little bubble if you like, i'm not going to defend some half assed show just because i'm a fan of the franchise. People are just desperate to like it because it's new Dragon Ball material. GT got ripped apart, at least that show had effort and they tried to make a good show. I'm not even a big fan of GT, but people that say it's worse than Super is just laughable. Almost everything about it is superior to Super..........i would even take mustache Vegeta over the gag Vegeta we are getting in Super.

Scott
Beyond Newbie

Post by Scott » Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:48 pm

Big Momma wrote:
Scott wrote:

I would say it's definitely in character for Whis to have Goku and Vegeta dress up like that and do thinks like that. And, with that said I would definitely think it would be in character for Vegeta to wear such a thing if it meant obtaining the power of a god. And with THAT said, Goku isn't easily embarrassed by things like that so I really don't think he'd care either way. And both of them, driven by the desire to outdo each other would definitely be willing to put aside "pride" if it meant becoming stronger than the other (Or not being "left behind").
I'm not saying it's out of character for Whis to do this kind of stuff, i just think it's a pretty crap idea to begin with. Why not come up with something that didn't make the characters constantly look like a joke for once ?

It seem's like they are trying to make the character's look ridiculous as often as they can.

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Sun Nov 29, 2015 10:58 pm

Scott wrote:
Big Momma wrote:

I'm not saying it's out of character for Whis to do this kind of stuff, i just think it's a pretty crap idea to begin with. Why not come up with something that didn't make the characters constantly look like a joke for once ?

I don't think any of the training after involving the weights and sparring made them look like a "joke". And it's not like the housekeeping made them look like a joke. It was funny. I don't find it any different than Roshi sending Goku/Krillin to find a girl for him/deliver milk, or for Kaio to make Goku chase after Bubbles.
It seem's like they are trying to make the character's look ridiculous as often as they can.

Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Cipher » Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:00 pm

Training in Dragon Ball has always been a bit off-the-wall and degrading, with the exception of maybe God and Mr. Popo's, which is treated a bit more seriously.

The joy here is that now Vegeta's in on the act, and Whis is a genuine sociopath.

Dbzk1999
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dbzk1999 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:08 pm

Scott wrote:
Dbzk1999 wrote:
Scott wrote:I'm almost done now to be honest, i can't take much more of this crap show.

I have just watched episode 18 and once again it was another unbelievably painful episode to watch. Goku and Vegeta being house maids..........seriously, this is what Dragon Ball fans like now ? The standards of Dragon Ball fans really must have lowered. Open your eyes, this is awful. It's so childish, it's not funny, it's just embarrassing.

Seriously, is this show just taking the piss ? I can't think of any anime i have watched that was worse than this. I'm not even exaggerating either, this is horrendous.

Good lord, why do you keep watching it then? Seriously, you do this every time, watch the episode, come to here, say the episode was bad, and say that everyone must've lowered their expectations. There's literally NO point to continue doing that, you don't like the show, fine, I can respect that, but please STOP acting condescending and pretentious.
So people can continue to post bullshit excuses saying this show is good but i'm not allowed to keep complaining about it if i think it's crap ?

You can live in your little bubble if you like, i'm not going to defend some half assed show just because i'm a fan of the franchise. People are just desperate to like it because it's new Dragon Ball material. GT got ripped apart, at least that show had effort and they tried to make a good show. I'm not even a big fan of GT, but people that say it's worse than Super is just laughable. Almost everything about it is superior to Super..........i would even take mustache Vegeta over the gag Vegeta we are getting in Super.
You missed my point so I'll paraphrase it: "I DON'T CARE IF YOU THINK SUPER IS TERRIBLE". It's the constant belittling that you do of people who like it that's the problem.

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:11 pm

Dbzk1999 wrote: You missed my point so I'll paraphrase it: "I DON'T CARE IF YOU THINK SUPER IS TERRIBLE". It's the constant belittling that you do of people who like it that's the problem.
I don't think I've seen them belittle people that like it...

Dbzk1999
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dbzk1999 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:13 pm

Big Momma wrote:
Dbzk1999 wrote: You missed my point so I'll paraphrase it: "I DON'T CARE IF YOU THINK SUPER IS TERRIBLE". It's the constant belittling that you do of people who like it that's the problem.
Repeatedly saying that those who like it "must've obviously lowered their expectations" and "anybody who considers super better than gt is laughable" isn't belittling?

Big Momma
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Big Momma » Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:15 pm

Dbzk1999 wrote:
Big Momma wrote:
Repeatedly saying that those who like it "must've obviously lowered their expectations" and "anybody who considers super better than gt is laughable" isn't belittling?
Oh, I missed those parts. I was only looking at the most recent responses.

Dbzk1999
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Dbzk1999 » Sun Nov 29, 2015 11:18 pm

See, him not liking it is understandable, but repeatedly coming here and then insulting those who like it each time? Not so much

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Mon Nov 30, 2015 12:31 pm

As for me I like GT more than Super, the animation was better, fights were better, in Super we get an ugly art most of the time and bad fight animation.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:06 pm

Big Momma wrote:
Scott wrote:
Big Momma wrote:

I don't think any of the training after involving the weights and sparring made them look like a "joke". And it's not like the housekeeping made them look like a joke. It was funny. I don't find it any different than Roshi sending Goku/Krillin to find a girl for him/deliver milk, or for Kaio to make Goku chase after Bubbles.
Weight training and sparring becomes a joke when they both reach a ludicrous power level simply by doing so. It's no different from what Goku did in the past.

And chasing Bubbles in a planet with 10x gravity was both funny and made sense within the context of the story.

As for the Roshi training, it was silly. But that first season of Dragon Ball was pretty much entirely goofy. Things changed. Some see all of this as "going back to the roots of the franchise," but I see it as regressing.
And, with that said I would definitely think it would be in character for Vegeta to wear such a thing if it meant obtaining the power of a god.
Vegeta doesn't give two ****s about god powers in Super. All he cares about is surpassing Goku, which in itself is meaningless and feels forced at this point in the story. Back then, he deluded himself into believing he was superior, and did everything he could to prove himself right; it was his rightful place to be #1 in his eyes, as the prince of all saiyans. Nowadays, he just craves this superiority because... it's what fans remember most about him! He's nothing more than a caricature of what he used to be. GT got it right by having him divert his attention away from Goku during the time gap and assimilate into a human lifestyle. You know, until he finally obtained a glimmer of hope of being able to be more than a witness of "Kakarot's" greatness. It wasn't a priority, nor something he'd lower himself for, but that desire to reach Goku's level of strength was always inside him.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super