Could there be a Canadian version of Super?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

SilverPlaqueVII
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Could there be a Canadian version of Super?

Post by SilverPlaqueVII » Mon Oct 05, 2015 3:13 am

MODERATORS: Please move this thread to the Dragon Ball Super section since I cannot start a thread there. Please remove this message when its complete. Thank you.

As FUNimation gets the license to Dragon Ball Super in the future, could there be a Ocean dubbed version of Dragon Ball Super? Scott McNeil and Brian Drummond could reprise their roles as Piccolo and Vegeta respectively. Who would you voice Beerus and Whis in this dub? What characters do you want to be voiced by who as well?

Can YTV or Teletoon air Super?

If it doesn't happen, why not show a FUNimation dubbed version of Super in Canada.
Jelo Gutierrez Cantos (Dr. Fresh)
I'M GONNA BREAK YOU, LIKE A KIT-KAT BAR!! - TFS Goku. (have a Break, have a Kit Kat Freeza!)

-------------------------------------

Silver ShenronTransit Archive Projects
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Facebook | X (Twitter) | Tumblr | Youtube (1) (2) | Flickr | Instagram | Threads

jelleline89
Beyond Newbie

Re: Could there be a Canadian version of Super?

Post by jelleline89 » Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:58 am

I don't think there is any chance of Ocean dubbing Super when they can't even get their version of Z Kai onto the airwaves yet has been the topic of speculation for over 5 years.

The chances aren't even high for the FUNi dub to be aired in Canada. Neither YTV or Teletoon aired Z Kai and the only way Canadians could legally watch the series was if they had access the The CW Toonzai/Vortexx or bought the DVDs and/or Blu-rays.

YTV has pretty much cleared out all of it's anime acquisitions and sent them over to Teletoon in favor of more Nickelodeon programming. While I will admit Teletoon has been getting it's feet wet in the anime industry as of late with the world premiere of Yu-Gi-Oh! ARC-V as well as the upcoming Yo-Kai Watch, it remains to be seen if they will try acquiring more serious titles like Z Kai. Even though Teletoon at Night was meant to be the Canadian counterpart of [adult swim], neither they or even the recently added [adult swim] Canada have actually aired anime of any kind.

Don't get me wrong, I would love to see Super being aired in Canada, whether it be dubbed by FUNi or Ocean, but with the current poor track record, I'm not holding my breath.