Universe 6 tournament combatants?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
Bullza
Banned
Posts: 8621
Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:48 am
Location: UK

Re: Universe 6 tournament combatants?

Post by Bullza » Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:02 pm

He might hate Frieza but it's likely nothing like the hate Frieza has for the Saiyans. He saw Goku fighting him, it was his fight and he doesn't seem like the kind who would jump in just because of his emotions. He did he wouldn't interfere.

Beerus had an undetectable Ki which is why the others never knew about him.

It could well be forgotten and they don't have to be as strong as Goku but if they just come out with 2 or 3 characters that exist somewhere in Universe 7 and they just so happen to be even half as strong as Goku it just wouldn't be a good idea.

They should have felt it, the Kai's should perhaps should have known about it, King Cold only warned Frieza about Beerus and Buu etc so any new power houses should be saved for the Universe 6 side.

Frieza is really strong, Beerus knows him and he'd be a good pick. Not just because of his strenght but for how it'd shake up the saga. All we've seen of Frieza is him wanting to and attempting to kill the Saiyans so it'd be a whole different side of him.

Him being somewhat forced to be on the team on the same side as Goku and him fighting other characters and making us wonder if were supposed to root for or against him and if he's going to betray anyone and seeing him be put in his place by Beerus is just a lot more interesting and has a lot more potential than just having someone like Krillin.

User avatar
dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 13014
Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:55 am
Location: Earth
Contact:

Re: Universe 6 tournament combatants?

Post by dbzfan7 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:10 pm

Bullza wrote:He might hate Freeza but it's likely nothing like the hate Freeza has for the Saiyans. He saw Goku fighting him, it was his fight and he doesn't seem like the kind who would jump in just because of his emotions. He did he wouldn't interfere.

Beerus had an undetectable Ki which is why the others never knew about him.

It could well be forgotten and they don't have to be as strong as Goku but if they just come out with 2 or 3 characters that exist somewhere in Universe 7 and they just so happen to be even half as strong as Goku it just wouldn't be a good idea.

They should have felt it, the Kai's should perhaps should have known about it, King Cold only warned Freeza about Beerus and Buu etc so any new power houses should be saved for the Universe 6 side.

Freeza is really strong, Beerus knows him and he'd be a good pick. Not just because of his strenght but for how it'd shake up the saga. All we've seen of Freeza is him wanting to and attempting to kill the Saiyans so it'd be a whole different side of him.

Him being somewhat forced to be on the team on the same side as Goku and him fighting other characters and making us wonder if were supposed to root for or against him and if he's going to betray anyone and seeing him be put in his place by Beerus is just a lot more interesting and has a lot more potential than just having someone like Krillin.
It's enough hate that he wanted to kill Freeza the next time he saw him. I highly doubt he wants to bring Freeza back. It'd be more of a headache for him.

I meant he comes in from outta nowhere as nothing really eluded to Beerus existence til suddenly he exists, and suddenly he's shoehorned into everything. Hence more strong people in the universe is not surprising. You say this now, but if it happened I doubt you'd say the same thing. You'd probably say the same thing about Beerus if you heard him in concept before he existed. It's the same with Freeza's power up. No one would buy it before the movie came out.

You're making it sound like they care about power levels. I doubt they have that concern at all. They aren't thinking "Hey SSJ3 did this so no one else can be like this."

Freeza would rather die than work with Goku probably. Also I'd rather not see Freeza AGAIN for the 7th time. He was already back, in my opinion, a very lame and so pointless come back that it was a huge waste of time. He shouldn't have come back at all honestly. I'd rather not over rely on Freeza and move on.

And then Freeza becomes a good guy and becomes Goku's new best friend. No I don't want Freeza to be around as that's what will happen. That or he will just end up dying AGAIN sooner or later. I mean you can like the idea, but I personally don't. I see why people want Freeza around, but I don't need him back to be embarrassing again.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

User avatar
Cipher
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5477
Joined: Wed Oct 21, 2009 11:54 pm
Location: Nagano
Contact:

Re: Universe 6 tournament combatants?

Post by Cipher » Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:14 pm

I'd honestly be ridiculously happy with Freeza, because the idea of a reluctantly good-aligned Freeza amuses the hell out of me and wouldn't be an illogical step with his being one of the most powerful Universe 7 mortals as of "F." I doubt it will happen, though, and that's fine too. There's also the problem of that kind of forcing him to become good -- which he's made clear over and over again he's beyond, and it was part of the thematic weight of the end of his first fight with Goku -- or be killed yet again.

But, really, I'm always up for more Freeza, especially with Toriyama taking him out of his comfort zone.

Sodhi
I Live Here
Posts: 2180
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:53 pm

Re: Universe 6 tournament combatants?

Post by Sodhi » Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:24 pm

My universe 7 team:
1. Gogeta
2. Gotenks
3. Gohan
4. Piccolo
5. Tenshinhan
People among the crowd: Andorid 18 with Marron, Kurririn, Master Roshi, Chi-chi, bulma, Videl with baby pan, Buu, Yamcha and his pussy, Dende, Mr.Satan.
People who may drop by: Jaco
Of course the kai's would be able to watch it anyways.
Sorry, but I dont think Pilaf gang would have any role in the tournament.
My Universe 6 team:
New characters please.

User avatar
dae428
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 332
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:04 pm
Location: In your heart...

Re: Universe 6 tournament combatants?

Post by dae428 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 2:56 am

For universe 7 I'm gonna go with the typical Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, Piccolo, and Gotenks/Boo.

For universe 6 I honestly don't care as long as it's cool and fun and unique and all that stuff. I will say that I would love it if Freeza didn't end up dying and was recruited by Champa though. That way Freeza would get a cool rematch against Vegeta where both are at their peaks. It's probably not going to happen though regrettably.

precita
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5468
Joined: Thu Jul 09, 2015 3:10 pm

Re: Universe 6 tournament combatants?

Post by precita » Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:20 am

Why is there so much talk of Freeza here? Has there been indication that he's coming back again?

I doubt they would have killed him in the movie if they had any attention of keeping him around.

User avatar
ScholarGohan
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 130
Joined: Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:02 am

Re: Universe 6 tournament combatants?

Post by ScholarGohan » Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:02 am

Image

User avatar
TheDevilsCorpse
Moderator
Posts: 11376
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:34 am
Contact:

Re: Universe 6 tournament combatants?

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:22 am

ScholarGohan wrote:*snip*
It is just a puzzle, but still, those five being the candidates are likely since they are the strongest of the bunch (with the kids as Gotenks) and generally the universe. Though it's also predictable. I do kinda wish we'd get someone like Buu on Universe 7's team...but Buu is an asshole in Super. :think:
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

User avatar
dae428
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 332
Joined: Sat Jul 19, 2014 7:04 pm
Location: In your heart...

Re: Universe 6 tournament combatants?

Post by dae428 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:44 am

Am I the only one who like asshole Boo? :lol:

@ Precita: I can't speak for anyone else, but the only reason I want Freeza back was because he was kind of wasted in the Resurrection F movie. There was so much you could do with him, but instead he just kind of dies... It was just kind of disappointing... Plus there's the whole, "Vegeta deserves to kill Freeza" thing that went around for awhile.

User avatar
Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 10223
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 5:22 pm
Location: Atlantis.

Re: Universe 6 tournament combatants?

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:47 am

precita wrote:Why is there so much talk of Freeza here? Has there been indication that he's coming back again?

I doubt they would have killed him in the movie if they had any attention of keeping him around.
Because the chapter said Freeza was defeated and not killed (even though defeated can also mean killed) and some fans have taken this to mean he is alive. It is making for annoying reading.

ssj4
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 134
Joined: Tue Nov 25, 2014 1:57 pm

Re: Universe 6 tournament combatants?

Post by ssj4 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:26 am

Does that picture confirm the team then?

User avatar
TheDevilsCorpse
Moderator
Posts: 11376
Joined: Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:34 am
Contact:

Re: Universe 6 tournament combatants?

Post by TheDevilsCorpse » Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:30 am

ssj4 wrote:Does that picture confirm the team then?
No. Like most products for Super, it's just a puzzle themed after the series in general. Thought it is a bit more "F" focused now that we're heading there ins the series itself.
Direct translations of the Korean DB Online timeline and guidebook.
My personal "canon" and BP list. (Coming Soon)

Battousai
Not-So-Newbie
Posts: 77
Joined: Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:10 pm

Re: Universe 6 tournament combatants?

Post by Battousai » Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:05 am

I would like:

1. Chaozu
2. Yamcha
3. Muten Roshi
4. Jaco
5. Cyborg Tao

The combatants will be:

1. Son Goku
2. Vegeta
3. Son Gohan
4. Piccolo
5. Gotenks

Dbzfan94
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5133
Joined: Mon Dec 16, 2013 5:16 pm
Location: Mt. Paozu

Re: Universe 6 tournament combatants?

Post by Dbzfan94 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 9:23 am

Barunks wrote:U7 dream team at the moment: Goku, Vegeta, Future Trunks, GT Vegeta, and a brand new promising fighter from some alien planet.

Obviously my team involves people from alternate timelines but as far as we know there's no restrictions on that yet!
Why would you want Vegeta twice? It's taking up a spot of another character who could be utilized much better.

Anyway my 5 are this:
1. Goku
2. Vegeta
3. Piccolo
4. Trunks
5. Goten

I love Gohan but at the same time he had his chance, give the boys the opportunity to shine individually instead of just being fusion fodder

User avatar
Bullza
Banned
Posts: 8621
Joined: Mon Apr 08, 2013 12:48 am
Location: UK

Re: Universe 6 tournament combatants?

Post by Bullza » Mon Oct 19, 2015 11:57 am

It's enough hate that he wanted to kill Freeza the next time he saw him. I highly doubt he wants to bring Freeza back. It'd be more of a headache for him.
Well depending on his relationship with Champa he might hate the idea of losing to him even more and so could begrudgingly recruit Frieza if it means he has a greater chance at winning.
You say this now, but if it happened I doubt you'd say the same thing. You'd probably say the same thing about Beerus if you heard him in concept before he existed. It's the same with Freeza's power up. No one would buy it before the movie came out.
They came up with a good reason as to why he existed and nobody knew about it though. His energy couldn't be sensed and he slept for decades at a time. Also with Frieza it was different because we know he went from weak to strong. However if it turned out there were more of these ridiculously strong characters and nobody ever knew about them and nobody ever sensed them even though they'd reached a point they could be sensed across the universe then that wouldn't make much sense.

They could go find a work around like they did with Beerus but if they don't I'm going to wonder why nobody knew of them, sensed them or mentioned them. Didn't Supreme Kai say that Goku was the strongest in his realm in the Buu saga? I'm not sure if he was aware of Beerus at the time though.
Freeza would rather die than work with Goku probably.


Well if means getting his life back or being moved to another part of hell so it didn't have to be surrounded by teddy bears for the rest of time then maybe he'd put up with it. Maybe even then Frieza would want to kill Goku but he doesn't because he knows what Beerus would do to him. He doesn't have to become a good guy.

User avatar
dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 13014
Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:55 am
Location: Earth
Contact:

Re: Universe 6 tournament combatants?

Post by dbzfan7 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:07 pm

Bullza wrote:Well depending on his relationship with Champa he might hate the idea of losing to him even more and so could begrudgingly recruit Freeza if it means he has a greater chance at winning.
He's also dead and there's not even a hint that they'll bring him back. I highly doubt they'll bring him back a 7th time.
They came up with a good reason as to why he existed and nobody knew about it though. His energy couldn't be sensed and he slept for decades at a time. Also with Freeza it was different because we know he went from weak to strong. However if it turned out there were more of these ridiculously strong characters and nobody ever knew about them and nobody ever sensed them even though they'd reached a point they could be sensed across the universe then that wouldn't make much sense.

They could go find a work around like they did with Beerus but if they don't I'm going to wonder why nobody knew of them, sensed them or mentioned them. Didn't Supreme Kai say that Goku was the strongest in his realm in the Buu saga? I'm not sure if he was aware of Beerus at the time though.
Why do you keep bringing up being sensed across the universe? They don't care about that kind of consistency. They do whatever they want. Even so you say this now because the idea hasn't been realized, but if it were you'd probably be on board. Freeza's idea came out of nowhere with an idea no one would have bought if it wasn't written by Toriyama. It'd be dismissed as total nonsense if the idea was simply pitched by anyone else. They could do this but the likely way they'll go is have the fighters of earth fight.
Well if means getting his life back or being moved to another part of hell so it didn't have to be surrounded by teddy bears for the rest of time then maybe he'd put up with it. Maybe even then Freeza would want to kill Goku but he doesn't because he knows what Beerus would do to him. He doesn't have to become a good guy.
It happens every time the bad guys work with the good guys. They slowly become good or become good later on. Piccolo, Vegeta, the cyborgs, Boo, has happened every time. And if it doesn't happen then Freeza will just be killed off again because they can't have him running around free.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

User avatar
Draconic
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1986
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2015 3:44 pm
Location: Romania

Re: Universe 6 tournament combatants?

Post by Draconic » Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:29 pm

I really can't get behind Freeza coming back. He is my favorite villain of the series and he was already neutered to hell in FnF. Seeing him having to swallow even more shit by being forced to work with his mortal enemies wouldn't be fun. It would be torture. I can take him being beaten down by Goku, since the latter has freaking god powers and, with the huge power up he became the strongest bad guy the 7th Universe had. But they should respect the guy, in his portrayal. He would probably suck Champa's dick before fighting for Earth, so I really don't want it happen.

Not to mention, there are charcters other than him who deserve the spotlight. The guy will have a whole movie/arc dedicated to him. Just let him rest in pieces.

The only way I would accept him joining is if half way trough the tournament just blows up the whole 6th Universe, but since I also want new and original villains, I wouldn't support that too much either.
English is not my first language !

My breakdown of the new and old transformations. Hope to update it soon with many others!

User avatar
Hellspawn28
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 13989
Joined: Mon Sep 07, 2009 9:50 pm
Location: Maryland, USA

Re: Universe 6 tournament combatants?

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:41 pm

I hate the idea of Freeza working with the Z fighters. He is pure evil and should stay that way. He's the Joker of Dragon Ball. Having him become good would ruin his image of being the most iconic villain in the series.
TheDevilsCorpse wrote:but Buu is an asshole in Super. :think:
Buu always been known to be kinda of a dick since he does have a brain of a two year old. In DBZ, he mainly just wanted to eat food and didn't want to follow orders.
PS4 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
MAL Profile: http://myanimelist.net/profile/Hellspawn28
Steam: http://steamcommunity.com/id/GS27/

User avatar
FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5321
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:07 pm
Location: Portugal

Re: Universe 6 tournament combatants?

Post by FortuneSSJ » Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:48 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:I hate the idea of Freeza working with the Z fighters. He is pure evil and should stay that way. He's the Joker of Dragon Ball. Having him become good would ruin his image of being the most iconic villain in the series.
Freeza would stil be evil until the end.
Fight for his universe doesn't mean he must become Goku's friend. Nor I would want that.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

User avatar
dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 13014
Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2012 3:55 am
Location: Earth
Contact:

Re: Universe 6 tournament combatants?

Post by dbzfan7 » Mon Oct 19, 2015 1:51 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:I hate the idea of Freeza working with the Z fighters. He is pure evil and should stay that way. He's the Joker of Dragon Ball. Having him become good would ruin his image of being the most iconic villain in the series.
If he teamed up he'd probably become an anti hero like Vegeta was, and then good later. That's what has happened every time the bad guys teamed up with Goku. If that didn't happen, then Freeza would just end off being embarrassingly killed again by either Goku, maybe Vegeta, or Beerus since Beerus wanted to kill Freeza since BOG. I doubt Freeza will just roam free afterwards without a problem.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Post Reply