Universe 6 tournament combatants?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Doctor.
Banned

Re: Universe 6 tournament combatants?

Post by Doctor. » Mon Oct 26, 2015 9:59 am

Who I currently think will go:

1. Goku
2. Vegeta
3. Gohan
4. Piccolo
5. Kuririn

Goku and Vegeta are the obvious ones. Gohan will go to serve the role of the measuring stick, ergo, he'll be defeated by the strongest (or one of the strongest) in Champa's side. Piccolo and Kuririn will go because it seems to me that Toriyama doesn't really care about battle powers and will just write whatever he wants to write, and Piccolo and Kuririn are the characters I feel he likes to write the most. Goten and Trunks' being omitted from F makes me feel like they'll be excluded from this as well. So that only leaves Mr. Satan and Boo, which are also possible combatants to consider.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Mon Oct 26, 2015 4:54 pm

Kuririn wanting to fight again is significant I think. He might have a shot to be chosen.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Mon Oct 26, 2015 6:57 pm

For U6 fighters, I would like to see a demon fighter. We haven't had a demonic character since Janemba. Something similar to the OC DBZ fighter Yagashin would be cool:

He would fit very well next to Janemba and Dabra.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

kidhero1000
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by kidhero1000 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:12 am

Forget that, just bring on Towa and Mira somehow.
He devolved into saying only one word. Time to hit the ol' cosmic trail.

soulnova
Advanced Regular

Post by soulnova » Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:37 am

SSJ3 Vegeta wrote:My wishlist:
- Vegeta vs. The Saiyan Prince of Universe 6
Don't you mean Princess Vegeta? Yes, yes. :wink: /jk

I hope they don't bring Buu to fight, but logically that would make the most sense (stronger than Gotenks, Gohan, Piccoro). In any case, I would love for everyone else to come to watch it. I'm sure they would need an audience anyway.

For my enemy list I do want:
  • At least one Saiyan from that universe to explain that their Planet (either Saiya or Vejita) hasn't been destroyed. I would love if it was a female and was able to go SSj.
  • A reality warper or with some kind of psychic ability. Team U7 is ill prepared to face any of those (except for Buu, I guess).
  • A huge, huuuuuge opponent. Kaiju size. Just for shits and giggles.
  • A Freeza's race guy.
Check out Journey's End, a short story of Goku and Vegeta's final days. "Time is running out for the last two Saiyans"

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:48 am

Its likely just going to be the Saiyans and Piccolo. If Krillin goes with them it'll likely just to watch and not participate:

Goku
Vegeta
Gohan
Piccolo
Goten/Trunks as Gotenks

There's no way they're going to have Krillin fight over the Saiyans or Piccolo. Goten/Trunks are also heavily marketed on Super's advertisements so no way they won't be there.

Analytical Delusion
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Analytical Delusion » Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:46 am

Goku and Vegeta should be locks. If the afterlife is included, Freeza too. Though I don't know if they'd revive him again. Gohan would be the next choice. Gotenks is stronger when fused than Buu, but had a time limit. Maybe since we know the dragon can undo potara mergers, we'll see the boys after all. Or Piccolo, if the Namekian book of legends has more to it.

I don't think there should be anyone else in U6 on that level...

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:55 am

I still don't get why people think we will see U6 versions of the other Z fighters. If Toriyama is writing the Universe 6 saga then I would imagine he would be more creative then that.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:24 am

Maybe the reason Tarble wasn't mentioned in the BOG arc is because he'll be Vegeta's counterpart from U6.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Tue Oct 27, 2015 1:01 pm

If it's Beerus and Champa picking 5 fighters then can't Whis and Vados count?

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Tue Oct 27, 2015 2:35 pm

sintzu wrote:Maybe the reason Tarble wasn't mentioned in the BOG arc is because he'll be Vegeta's counterpart from U6.
Can't see this happening. Vegeta's counterpart could be a female, or his Saiyan-arc self (personality-wise)
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

FuriusMarius

Post by FuriusMarius » Tue Oct 27, 2015 6:48 pm

1. Goku
2. Vegeta
3. Teen Gotenks
4.Piccolo (namekian god)
5.Krillin (human god)

i would like somehow they use Mira and Towa... they have very cool designs.

Makai
Beyond Newbie

Post by Makai » Tue Oct 27, 2015 10:59 pm

You guys would rather have Gotenks, and even Krillin, than having the kids finally fighting on their own for once? I kinda think they need this cause they still have a chance to be relevant unlike most of the other characters.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Wed Oct 28, 2015 2:25 am

Makai wrote:You guys would rather have Gotenks, and even Krillin, than having the kids finally fighting on their own for once? I kinda think they need this cause they still have a chance to be relevant unlike most of the other characters.
Yes. The whole team being Saiyan would be disappointing as hell.

Kuririn Fan
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Kuririn Fan » Wed Oct 28, 2015 3:11 am

Goku, Vegeta, Gohan, Piccolo, Kuririn
Fuck Gotenks.

miguelnuva1
I Live Here

Post by miguelnuva1 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:06 am

Hellspawn28 wrote:I still don't get why people think we will see U6 versions of the other Z fighters. If Toriyama is writing the Universe 6 saga then I would imagine he would be more creative then that.
Were most liekly getting one alternate version of an existing character for shock value.

How about Goku princess of all saiyans. That'd be a big shocker.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Wed Oct 28, 2015 4:21 am

miguelnuva1 wrote:
Hellspawn28 wrote:I still don't get why people think we will see U6 versions of the other Z fighters. If Toriyama is writing the Universe 6 saga then I would imagine he would be more creative then that.
Were most liekly getting one alternate version of an existing character for shock value.

How about Goku princess of all saiyans. That'd be a big shocker.
Uni 7 Vegeta caught between trying to not stare at Uni 6 female!Gokû and snapping at Uni 7 Gokû to "Shut up, Kakarrotto!" every time Uni 7 Gokû tries to ask Uni 7 Vegeta any questions about Uni 6 female!Gokû. :3

With all of Whis' "you two should work together" being shot down with a "no" from both Gokû and Vegeta, it'd be pretty funny if Uni 6 Vegeta and Uni 6 female!Gokû are a couple.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:27 am

Agreed. As sceptical as I can be about the current direction, I can't possibly imagine Toriyama being that uncreative with new characters. Sure I think his new forms are kinda uncreative, but character wise he's been doing more good than bad. Off the top of my head Beerus and Whis come off pretty well when they don't do their Roshi shtick for food. Gine is stupid but eh we'll never see her again anyways. 2/3 ain't bad, especially when Gine was in a very very short special chapter that hardly had much time to be fleshed out anyways. I can't picture him signing off on something so lame and stupid as rule 63 characters or having counterparts be who the participants turn out to be. Only way to make the idea more fanfictiony is if they were the "evil" counterparts of everyone. Or combine the shit taco by having it be "evil" rule 63 counterparts.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Wed Oct 28, 2015 6:51 am

Why do you guys still think we won't see U7's counterparts in U6? It's the most reasonable thing to happen, or else they wouldn't have made each universe to have a twin. Maybe not all 5 fighters will be counterparts but I think we will definitely see Goku and Vegeta's counterparts, and probably one of them will be a female. (It could be Goku as his voice is done by a female so it would be easier for her to make a more female-ish voice for female Goku)
Though I would like to see an evil Goku who never hit his head. We will see and Toriyama will have time to make new original characters for other universes.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Oct 28, 2015 7:33 am

Hellspawn28 wrote:If Toriyama is writing the Universe 6 saga then I would imagine he would be more creative then that.
That's what we thought before seeing Ssjg and Freeza's new form.

I doubt we'll get rehashed characters but due to the universes being twins and the way Champa and vedus look I won't be surprised if we do.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.