Universe 6 tournament combatants?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

LightBing
I Live Here

Re: Universe 6 tournament combatants?

Post by LightBing » Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:44 pm

SansrivaaL wrote:Why do I get the feeling that Vegeta wont join U7 team because he wants to fight Goku. We saw a poster of him on Chanpa's side and another one where him and Goku were fighting in a ring. Somehow I just feel he'll act all majin vegeta all over again.
He won't do that; in the manga he was sparring with Goku spouting how he doesn't want to be left behind. Vegeta should be over the moon with how life turn out for him. The man is living his dream, he just needs to surpass Goku again, to be as realized as when he did it in the Android Arc.

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:48 pm

Doctor. wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote:Why do I get the feeling that Vegeta wont join U7 team because he wants to fight Goku. We saw a poster of him on Chanpa's side and another one where him and Goku were fighting in a ring. Somehow I just feel he'll act all majin vegeta all over again.
Would he really put the Earth in danger again over something so petty, when he has been shown to have developed a lot in the BoG arc?
I don't think it would really put Earth in danger, according to the manga Champa just wants Earth for the food. However, it would be interesting if his team loses and he attempts to take Earth by force or destroy it so no one can have it.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:56 pm

Who's betting Turles or Kakarotto turning up.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:59 pm

It won't happen but I want the Namek team.

1) Goku
2) Vegeta
3) Gohan
4) Piccolo
5) Kuririn

The team better not be 5 Saiyans. That would be boring as hell.

For U6 I want this:

1) New race fighter.
2) New race fighter.
3) A Frost Demon.
4) A Super Namek.
5) A fighter from the Demon world.
Last edited by ZombieVito on Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:01 pm

My bet are on only Goku and Vegeta getting in with 3 other guys from around the universe being picked.

While having Frieza would be nice theirs no way he'd fight for such a trivial reason unless Beerus threatened him. Plus he's already had an arc all too himself.

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:03 pm

Zombie wrote:It won't happen but I want the Namek team.

1) Goku
2) Vegeta
3) Gohan
4) Piccolo
5) Kuririn

The team better not be 5 Saiyans. That would be boring as hell.
I don't think it will be 5 Saiyans. Gohan will be a new father and will be busy taking care of Pan, and I doubt Chi Chi and Bulma will let Goten and Trunks participate. I would like to see Goten and Trunks do something, though, maybe join Galactic Patrol.
Lord Frieza wrote:My bet are on only Goku and Vegeta getting in with 3 other guys from around the universe being picked.

While having Freeza would be nice theirs no way he'd fight for such a trivial reason unless Beerus threatened him. Plus he's already had an arc all too himself.
Freeza would rather be in hell than fight alongside Goku. Freeza's universe 6 twin, on the other hand... :think:

Lord Frieza
I Live Here

Post by Lord Frieza » Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:24 pm

UpFromTheSkies wrote: Freeza would rather be in hell than fight alongside Goku. Freeza's universe 6 twin, on the other hand... :think:
He's probably the ruler of a peaceful utopia and a swell guy.

raulvalente
Beyond Newbie

Post by raulvalente » Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:33 pm

Universe 7:

Goku
Vegeta
Gohan
Boo
Goten (I love Goten so much, I want him to get some shine :lol:)

Universe 6:

New characters

Blade
I Live Here
Location: Contrary to popular belief, not on Kanzenshuu forums.

Post by Blade » Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:36 pm

I'm all for the idea of Freeza being revived again to be involved, as, after all, with a mere 4 months of training he ascended to a Godly level that only Vegeta and Goku (as other non-deities) had otherwise reached.

If we're picking the top fighters in the Universe, he has to be considered, but I'm more than willing to wager that we'll end up with a full roster of Saiyans.
'Multiculturalism means nothing in Japan, for every outside culture must pass first through the Japanese filter, rendering it entirely Japanese in the process.' - Julian Cope.

Neon Z
Advanced Regular

Post by Neon Z » Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:48 pm

If they intend to keep the Z epilogue, there's no way Goten can participate in this tournament, considering how he was stated to still be weaker than Mr.Buu in the Z epilogue. Of course, it seems more and more likely that Super itself might have its own take on the Z epilogue, just like how it had its own take on the movies.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sun Oct 18, 2015 4:46 pm

People are really clamouring for a 7th return from Freeza?
Yeah because he's a good character and gives more purpose for his power boost in RoF. It also shakes the saga up more.

It's much more interesting than having an incredibly predictable lineup that includes Gotenks or Gohan who doesn't even give a shit about fighting. That's just a boring by the numbers lineup.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:16 pm

Bullza wrote:
Yeah because he's a good character and gives more purpose for his power boost in RoF. It also shakes the saga up more.

It's much more interesting than having an incredibly predictable lineup that includes Gotenks or Gohan who doesn't even give a shit about fighting. That's just a boring by the numbers lineup.
I wouldn't really call him a good character in F really.

I highly doubt Freeza would return anyways considering he's dead and done away with. Though I also am not so sure about Gohan and Gotenks as both of them are stated to pretty much have done nothing since the end of Boo in the Daizenshuu. So if they're following that, it's unlikely they'd do anything. Beerus could just pick a couple fighters we haven't heard of in U7.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:36 pm

Doctor. wrote:
Would he really put the Earth in danger again over something so petty, when he has been shown to have developed a lot in the BoG arc?
Earth wouldnt exactly be in danger and we already saw how competitive he is when it comes to Goku, hell they were fighting for the earth against Freeza and what does he do? attacks Goku because he wanted a turn.

LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta
Advanced Regular

Post by LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta » Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:14 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:
Bullza wrote:

I highly doubt Freeza would return anyways considering he's dead and done away with. Though I also am not so sure about Gohan and Gotenks as both of them are stated to pretty much have done nothing since the end of Boo in the Daizenshuu. So if they're following that, it's unlikely they'd do anything. Beerus could just pick a couple fighters we haven't heard of in U7.

But they'd be weaker then frieza on namek as he didn't think anyone was above frieza in BOG and was shocked he died. I think they need frieza as the 5 from universe 6 are bound to be strong as heck and hopefully not a disappointment like 99% of the fighters in the otherworld tournament in the filler heaven arc.
Any post before 8/7/2016 isn't mine. This account was a gift from someone who thought the account was already banned. Saved me the trouble of making a new one haha XD

I love DB/DBZ/DBGT/DBZK/DBS (If I didn't why would I be here? XD)

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:22 pm

LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta wrote: But they'd be weaker then Freeza on namek as he didn't think anyone was above Freeza in BOG and was shocked he died. I think they need Freeza as the 5 from universe 6 are bound to be strong as heck and hopefully not a disappointment like 99% of the fighters in the otherworld tournament in the filler heaven arc.
He was shocked that a saiyan managed to beat Freeza I believe the line was. He knows the Kaioshin could have beat Freeza so Freeza wasn't unbeatable. Beerus could possibly be aware of other fighters in the universe who he had a good fight with. That could happen or they just throw in the heroes of earth who will all lose and make the team tourney a 5-2.

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:22 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:
LSSJGODSSJ4Gogeta wrote: But they'd be weaker then Freeza on namek as he didn't think anyone was above Freeza in BOG and was shocked he died. I think they need Freeza as the 5 from universe 6 are bound to be strong as heck and hopefully not a disappointment like 99% of the fighters in the otherworld tournament in the filler heaven arc.
He was shocked that a saiyan managed to beat Freeza I believe the line was. He knows the Kaioshin could have beat Freeza so Freeza wasn't unbeatable. Beerus could possibly be aware of other fighters in the universe who he had a good fight with. That could happen or they just throw in the heroes of earth who will all lose and make the team tourney a 5-2.
That's possible. I personally think U7 is gonna lose anyway.

Scarlet Spider
Beyond Newbie

Post by Scarlet Spider » Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:59 pm

Alright let's get the obvious two out of the way.

1) Goku
2) Vegeta

Three fighters. Let's see who we have, based on what people want.

Android 18
Krillin
Tien
Buu
Gohan
Gotenks (I say this simply because Goten and Trunks will probably never fight alone again, and if fusion is allowed)
Piccolo
Future Trunks (if they dare tap into timeline stuff again)
Cell
Freeza

For me personally I'd like

3) Gohan
4) Buu
5) Android 18

Darkprince410
I Live Here

Post by Darkprince410 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 6:59 pm

Bacon Skittles wrote:The anime movies (1-13) do take place in "different dimensions." It could be very well possible that of the 12 other dimensions one of them could be the anime movie universe and another the GT universe. The farther you get from a certain universe, the more changes there are. So if Universe 6 and 7 are closely similar, I'm hoping we get to see movie villains appear. Imagine if DB Multiverse was combined with Heroes. So we could have SSGSS Goku vs Super Saiyan 4 Gogeta or even Broly.
The Chozenshuu indicated that, up to the release of Battle of Gods (which was the most recent Dragon Ball related work at the time), the franchise has never left Universe 7. It indicated that, in addition to the manga and anime, GT, all the movies, Dr. Slump, Neko Majin Z, etc all took place in Universe 7. Alternate versions of the universe, but still within Universe 7.

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:43 pm

dbzfan7 wrote:
Bullza wrote:

I thought he was the best character in the movie myself, his dialogue was great. Sure he's dead but that hasn't stopped everyone else from finding a way to come back. His power is certainly respectable enough for him to be in it and Beerus does at least know of him.

I don't know how they'd go about having other fighters from U7 though. There really shouldn't be anyone else out there nearly as strong. It kinda undermines the others if there was.

Plus by the time we had SSJ3 Goku the power could be felt across the Universe. They should know if there were others like that around.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:56 pm

Bullza wrote:
I thought he was the best character in the movie myself, his dialogue was great. Sure he's dead but that hasn't stopped everyone else from finding a way to come back. His power is certainly respectable enough for him to be in it and Beerus does at least know of him.

I don't know how they'd go about having other fighters from U7 though. There really shouldn't be anyone else out there nearly as strong. It kinda undermines the others if there was.

Plus by the time we had SSJ3 Goku the power could be felt across the Universe. They should know if there were others like that around.
Eh I'd say Jaco was the best. Freeza was just too stupid, generic in motivation, and then changes his mind for no reason at the end. Beerus hates Freeza and wanted to destroy him himself, and then he suddenly isn't gonna give a crap to do it later when he's back? I also do not see him being brought back again after they just killed him.

Everyone outside of Goku and Vegeta has been undermined already whether in Super or in Z. This is nothing new. Beerus came from outta nowhere so I'm sure he could be aware of other fighters he fought that were strong. They don't have to be above Goku as if we go strictly by the BOG movie, Goku was his second best foe. I could see this approach as a way to introduce us to new characters.

I doubt that is even remembered by the creative team considering every power up since then feels underwhelming in comparison to the titanic SSJ3 Power up.