Dragon Ball Super: Will we gain another Z fighter?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Xeztin
I Live Here

Dragon Ball Super: Will we gain another Z fighter?

Post by Xeztin » Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:26 am

I think it would be very fresh, if we got someone just as strong as Goku/Vegeta to join the Z Fighters. It could just be someone that was met upon Goku's and Vegeta's journey into U6. It doesn't have to be a Saiyan or somehow Broly by any means, after all Broly would rather Mingle with a dead corpse then have a normal conversation with a living Soul.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Re: Dragon Ball Super: Will we gain another Z fighter?

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 1:50 am

If we do then he/she will be like "Hope to meet again one day" and will never be seen again.
She/Her
PS5 username: Guyver_Spawn_27
LB Profile: https://letterboxd.com/Hellspawn28/

TheGreatness25
I Live Here

Post by TheGreatness25 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:25 am

It would be nice. Pack it with new characters since so many of the old ones have been broken.

precita
Banned

Post by precita » Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:37 am

They should bring Pikkon back and make some use out of him. Super is a continuation of the anime anyway.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:42 am

Paikuhan didn't show up in Kai, so people who are not hardcore fans will have no idea who he is. Not to mention if Toriyama is writing the U6 saga in Super then I highly doubt he will appear in it.
She/Her

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:47 am

Beerus, sooner or later.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Birusu16
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Birusu16 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:06 am

We kind of already have in Beerus and Whis.

Luke Groundwalker
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Luke Groundwalker » Sun Oct 18, 2015 10:35 am

Duh Beerus and Whis are already going to be Z Fighters likely.

As for anyone else it's hard to say. Maybe a U6 character will join into the fray.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 12:56 pm

More than likely we will. I'd be surprised if we didn't. Now is the perfect time for Toriyama to stop bothering with characters he doesn't seem to all be that interested in, and move in some new characters he can really have fun writting for.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:11 pm

Birusu16 wrote:We kind of already have in Beerus and Whis.
I kinda of figured that even though Beerus and Whis are friends with Goku that they will sort of be like Kaio and help with tough situations, but unless its another God i doubt Beerus would interfere. Like the ROF arc.

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:56 pm

Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:09 pm

Draconic wrote:Yes, I believe so.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enMReCEcHiM
Good Lord, Vegeta would kill that guy within 3 minute's of a conversation, he'd be more annoying to him than Goku.
Still funny though, didn't expect that. :lol:
I think Punk 2011, with Heyman being his "mentor" would better fit the DB Universe though.

Hellspawn28
Patreon Supporter

Post by Hellspawn28 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:14 pm

They are more like allies to Goku and the other Z fighters much like Elder Kaioshin, Kaioshin, and Fortuneteller Baba are. They don't fight with Goku and the others.
She/Her

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:19 pm

Xeztin wrote:
Draconic wrote:Yes, I believe so.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=enMReCEcHiM
Good Lord, Vegeta would kill that guy within 3 minute's of a conversation, he'd be more annoying to him than Goku.
Still funny though, didn't expect that. :lol:
I think Punk 2011, with Heyman being his "mentor" would better fit the DB Universe though.
Bullshit. Cena kicks out at 2 and then gives Vegeta the Attitude Adjustment. 1, 2, 3! He has the WWE Force empowering him which can not be beat by the whiny prince. Only Goku has a chance as he has the toei force behind him.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Sun Oct 18, 2015 5:58 pm

Hellspawn28 wrote:
They are more like allies to Goku and the other Z fighters much like Elder Kaioshin, Kaioshin, and Fortuneteller Baba are. They don't fight with Goku and the others.
My thought's exactly, I personally do not believe Beeru's is even allowed to interfere, on top of that if a God of Destruction saved a planet it would give him a bad Rep.
Which is why in BOG, he found a way around this by destroying a rock, technically he destroyed earth. :lol:

In Super we see basically the same thing, but he blames it on his laziness by falling asleep.
I believe he has those "let it slide moments" but he will not outright protect the earth from danger and destroy the Enemy himself.
We see this as in example in ROF, as he just stood on the sidelines.

Blackstripe
Regular

Post by Blackstripe » Sun Oct 18, 2015 7:00 pm

I don't know why people keep saying Beerus would refuse to help Gokuu in non-God situations.

I mean, yeah, he sat on the sidelines and ate his ice cream and used that as an excuse, but you know how much Beerus loves his food. Also, Gokuu/Vegeta wouldn't have accepted his help even if offered, because they wanted to fight Freeza themselves. When Freeza actually did destroy the Earth, he only gave a cursory grumble before giving Whis the go ahead to rewind.

Basically, so long as the Earth has good food, I doubt Beerus would've just let it be destroyed by the likes of Freeza. If you don't consider rolling back the fabric of reality helping, though, then no, Beerus/Whis didn't help :P

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:03 pm

I really hope we get a new Z-Fighter. Jaco in Resurrection F is proof that any character can seamlessly integrate with the core cast. It just takes the right execution.

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:59 pm

Blackstripe wrote:I don't know why people keep saying Beerus would refuse to help Gokuu in non-God situations.

I mean, yeah, he sat on the sidelines and ate his ice cream and used that as an excuse, but you know how much Beerus loves his food. Also, Gokuu/Vegeta wouldn't have accepted his help even if offered, because they wanted to fight Freeza themselves. When Freeza actually did destroy the Earth, he only gave a cursory grumble before giving Whis the go ahead to rewind.

Basically, so long as the Earth has good food, I doubt Beerus would've just let it be destroyed by the likes of Freeza. If you don't consider rolling back the fabric of reality helping, though, then no, Beerus/Whis didn't help :P
It would be going against his "Destruction" title though, and as we saw in Super episode 15, new's get's spread throughout the Universe quick, and other God's would probably humiliate him for saving a planet like Champa for exmaple. we don't know yet who are above Whis/Beerus, but I think eventually someone will debut, or it will be mentioned at the very least, Like If the earth was in danger, I could see Whis or Beerus saying, "If I a God of Destruction, Save a planet, the old man's gunna freak" or something of that nature. I think if Goku and Vegeta, were killed, and the earth was destroyed, Whis might rewind time, until Goku and Vegeta finally defeat the enemy, but not directly interfere. The only way i see Beerus and Whis actually Fighting to protect a planet is if they are threatened themselves, or they both step down from the title "God of Destruction" and "Mentor" or whatever Whis's Job title is.
Even Beerus said himself in ROF that he would not interfere when Frieza asked him if he would.

I think the most Beerus would ever do if there was no hope for earth is save Bulma and take her to his world to cook for him.