What you think about DBS?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

sintzu
Banned

Re: What you think about DBS?

Post by sintzu » Sat Nov 28, 2015 1:12 pm

HybridSaiyan wrote: So why doesn't Super get 3500 drawings ?
Some people will say (I also thought this was why) it's because it airs on Sunday mornings which are mostly viewed by children so it makes sense for them to not put much effort into it and have it be lighthearted but then I found out that half of HunterxHunter's 2011 anime also aired on Sunday mornings so this excuse is invalid now,Super is as bad as it is because Toie don't care about the franchise,it's fans&their reputation.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Nov 28, 2015 6:58 pm

sintzu wrote:
Some people will say (I also thought this was why) it's because it airs on Sunday mornings which are mostly viewed by children so it makes sense for them to not put much effort into it and have it be lighthearted but then I found out that half of HunterxHunter's 2011 anime also aired on Sunday mornings so this excuse is invalid now,Super is as bad as it is because Toie don't care about the franchise,it's fans&their reputation.
If Toei didn't care about the franchise, BOG, ROF and Super wouldn't exist.

JulieYBM
Patreon Supporter

Post by JulieYBM » Sat Nov 28, 2015 7:16 pm

Dragon Ball Super exists to be a quick, cheap way of earning money from an evergreen franchise to sustain the large influx of money Toei Animation needs to make to keep its large staff employed and preferably at a higher rate than other studios. It's not a passion project with generous funding like Kyousougiga was.
She/Her
progesterone princess, estradiol empress
bisexual milf

Muffin Man
Beyond Newbie

Post by Muffin Man » Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:14 am

Lord Beerus wrote:
sintzu wrote:
If Toei didn't care about the franchise, BOG, ROF and Super wouldn't exist.
Wanting to milk a cow =/= caring about the cow.

soleil444
Beyond Newbie

Post by soleil444 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:55 am

I wrote a global critic about DBS in french langage on my blog, can't use google translator because it's had a bad translation :(

We can said DBS is cool, but don't forget critic it. :P
Please understand: it's my first time on an english board about DB & i have a very very bad english!! thanks

MyStIc GoTeNkS

Post by MyStIc GoTeNkS » Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:41 pm

I feel like they could have done more with the Beerus saga but I think the writers are just now getting into their "zone". The writing in the resurrection f saga is excellent so far. It isn't perfect but for dragonball standards its pretty decent. Episode 21 should have opened a lot of people's eyes to the potential super has. The characterization of Krillin and and Tagoma gives me high hopes for the route they will take with future characters.

soleil444
Beyond Newbie

Post by soleil444 » Sat Dec 05, 2015 3:48 pm

When i watch a fight like this in DBGT, i feel that if Gogeta exist in DBS he beat easily Beerus and Whis: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCiRk_E1uuM
Please understand: it's my first time on an english board about DB & i have a very very bad english!! thanks

buutenks
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by buutenks » Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:22 pm

Seems super will fly by the ROF arc.nexp ep and goku already showing up along with final form freeza.Guess it will be over by the time episode 26-27 hits.

Atleast ill get to see golden freeza vs ssj blue goku before new year ^^.

next up U6 arc.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Mon Dec 07, 2015 2:01 pm

Tbh I find GT more entertaining than Super, the animation is just that bad, with some exceptions but most of the time the fights are just horrible, the art is also bad, makes me kinda wish they didnt bring this back, I'm good with just the manga, Toyotarou's drawing is actually good.
Still having 2nd thoughts if I should continue watching super or just go with the manga but I want to help DBS with its rating (no matter how small my view may be lol)

BluePiccolo
Beyond Newbie

Post by BluePiccolo » Tue Dec 08, 2015 6:18 pm

All in all, so far I'm OK with the series.
The good things (good animation, nostalgic characters and tributes) even out the bad parts (retelling of the movies, very inconsistent power levels, out-of-character behaviours).
I'm mostly anticipating U6 arc and have high hopes for the U6 Saiya-jin.
\o/ Check out my Unboxing videos of high quality DBZ related stuff from Japan. \o/

Basaku
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Basaku » Thu Dec 10, 2015 3:23 pm

buutenks wrote:Seems super will fly by the ROF arc.nexp ep and goku already showing up along with final form freeza.Guess it will be over by the time episode 26-27 hits.

Atleast ill get to see golden freeza vs ssj blue goku before new year ^^.

next up U6 arc.
That's what everyone thought about Beerus arc and then the final fight got stretched on 5 episodes or so. I wouldn't get my hopes up for U6 stuff to start until around episode 30

irreality
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by irreality » Thu Dec 10, 2015 4:33 pm

Basaku wrote: That's what everyone thought about Beerus arc
Not everyone… :| But yeah, people shouldn't get their "hopes" up… it will keep moving at the pace it has been moving for the last 22 episodes: about 1-2 plot points per episode. It won't suddenly wrap up a major fight in 1 episode just because some people are eager to get it over with.