What do you hope for the 5th member to be like (spoilers)?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Doctor.
Banned

Re: What do you hope for the 5th member to be like (spoilers

Post by Doctor. » Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:42 am

Ssgvegito30 wrote:
King Jacku wrote:It's gonna be Neko Majin, and then we find out him and Beerus are cousins.
Plzzzz be reasonable this thread is about the 5th warrior how is personality be and his looks not a character from a different manga series of Akira toriyama
A manga series that has done a crossover with Dragon Ball.

Kuririn Fan
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Kuririn Fan » Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:04 pm

Doctor. wrote:
Ssgvegito30 wrote:
King Jacku wrote:It's gonna be Neko Majin, and then we find out him and Beerus are cousins.
Plzzzz be reasonable this thread is about the 5th warrior how is personality be and his looks not a character from a different manga series of Akira toriyama
Yeah, but it was more like a parody and not official like Jaco.

irreality
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by irreality » Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:41 pm

Doctor. wrote:
Ssgvegito30 wrote:
Well, if we can submit votes for crossovers I want Sky Pirate Vegeta.

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:49 pm

A woman. Then we can work from there.

MozillaVulpix
Regular

Post by MozillaVulpix » Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:54 pm

Lord Beerus wrote:A woman. Then we can work from there.
That's what I was thinking. People have been making comparisons to YuYu Hakusho's tournament, and that one had a 'mystery fighter' who ended up being a woman. It may be a little cliche, but Dragon Ball has only ever really done it once before, with 18.

I would be interested in seeing a "wise master" female figure like Genkai or Bisky or someone else who isn't from a manga written by Yoshihiro Togashi.
I could have gotten into anything...and yet I chose the story aimed at young Japanese boys about martial arts, and later about super-powerful aliens punching each other really hard.

https://www.youtube.com/c/MozillaVulpix

Hero
Beyond Newbie

Post by Hero » Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:15 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:So in Super, we know that Beerus will be recruiting a 5th mystery member to his team for Champa's tournament. Apparently, this character is stronger than Goku and has to, I imagine, reside in Universe 7. So what sort of character are you hoping for?

Species:
- Anthropomorphic animal like Beerus?
- Humanoid lizard (member of Freeza's race?!)?
- Saiyan (BROLY?!)?
- Namekian?
- Robot, cyborg, or android?
- Cute alien?
- Other?

Stature:
- Tall?
- Short?

Build:
- Bulky/muscular?
- Skinny?
- Fat?

Personality:
- Stoic/serious like Tenshinhan, Piccolo, and pre-Super Vegeta, or laconic like Paikuhan?
- Calm and polite like Gohan, Future Trunks, and Uub?
- Juvenile personality like Buu?
- Loud, silly, yet wise like Beerus?
- Obnoxious and conceited like Mr. Satan?
- Completely indifferent altogether like Saitama?
Species: A cute female because it would be so Toriyama for the new character even stronger than Goku to be some skinny and cute girl.

Stature: Normal height to short.

Build: athletic but rounded. Kind of like Goku in the 23rd WMAT.

Personality: I want a ditzy girl or a total bitch/ badass who yells at Goku and Vegeta but eventually warms up to them. Basically another Videl.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:36 pm

Species: A cute female because it would be so Toriyama for the new character even stronger than Goku to be some skinny and cute girl.
How many cute characters in the series have been stronger than Goku? >.>
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:38 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:
Not enough. I want the oracle fish to be the 5th member.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 11:58 pm

I want the 5th character to be a tiny, cute, meek looking thing that you'd never expect to be super powerful. That's pretty much in line with Toriyama's style. He does that plenty of times. But this time I want the ferocity of this character to be as scary to the characters as an angry Chi Chi is. They doubt this cute character is tough at all, but the minute it fights, they start to fear actually fighting such a terrifying thing. They wonder how Beerus ever fought such a frighting foe too which even he says wasn't as easy as he thought it was gonna be.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Hero
Beyond Newbie

Post by Hero » Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:22 am

fadeddreams5 wrote:
Should've been clearer and said that it's Toriyama's style to have characters who you'd never expect to be the strongest actually be the strongest (short, skinny Vegeta is stronger than Nappa, Yamu is Spopobitch's boss, etc). I just want a cute female this time instead of a slender male lol.

Brettjr25
Beyond Newbie

Post by Brettjr25 » Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:40 am

I dont care about any traits, it just needs to be a woman. If its another male i will probably be bored. What happen to cool fighter chicks? Videl was so cool and #18, the ultimate badass "how does it feel to work so hard for so little?"

The male personalities have all been used give us so cool chicks! Hell i would love it if the fighter was strong but clutsy. Or make her adorable like the supreme kai of time lol!

Doctor.
Banned

Post by Doctor. » Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:43 am

Huh, Vados exists guys.

Brettjr25
Beyond Newbie

Post by Brettjr25 » Sat Nov 21, 2015 1:08 am

Vados isn't fighting nor is she going to play an important role from the Zteams perspective in the manga. Plus she's just a copy paste version of a character we already know, not original.

Speedster
Regular

Post by Speedster » Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:16 am

Given that most likely it's the person Beerus fought 900 years ago and exists in Universe 7 but possibly mostly living in another realm a dragon-like one.
Last edited by Speedster on Tue Mar 29, 2016 9:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Black_Liger
Advanced Regular

Post by Black_Liger » Sat Nov 21, 2015 2:19 am

I want a woman. that would spice things up really well!
There's room for only one snake, and one big boss.

dae428
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by dae428 » Sat Nov 21, 2015 4:36 am

Personally I don't care if it's a man or woman or transexual or asexual. Seriously, having quota's like this is dumb and certain characters should only be written into the story if they properly fit under the circumstances of the story and author's own abilities to do said character justice. That being said, I've got nothing against having a woman in the series, and honestly, I really couldn't care less about the gender of the 5th member. All I'm hoping for is the character to be unique, interesting, and a surprise. Also hopefully not a Saiyan. Champa's already hinted that he's going to introduce at least one Saiyan into the tournament and we've already fulfilled our max quota of Saiyans on Beerus' team. :lol: Sigh, being a hypocrite is fun...

Seriously speaking on the whole Saiyan thing though, I just want to say that I'm mainly against the whole Saiyan thing on Beerus's team because it would just mess with the story. I mean Beerus was surprised that a Saiyan beat Freeza, it wouldn't make sense for the strongest person he's ever fought to be a Saiyan too. Also there's the whole Super Saiyan God thing and whatnot which wouldn't really make sense if Beerus had already fought someone who had the power of or comparable to a Super Saiyan God.

UpFromTheSkies
I Live Here

Post by UpFromTheSkies » Sat Nov 21, 2015 10:52 am

If I had to guess, I'd say it's going to be another god, maybe Beerus' retired predecessor.

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Sat Nov 21, 2015 12:15 pm

As long as its Akira Toriyama's design and story I'm all ok with it. Wouldnt be surprised if the 5th fighter turns out to be Arale tho, or looks a lot like her.

soulnova
Advanced Regular

Post by soulnova » Sat Nov 21, 2015 3:24 pm

Something cute and short with a murderous personality?

I guess it would have to be somewhat "magical" to have been living this long. For some reason the Supreme kai of time comes to mind. lol

I'm not counting on it to be female as I would prefer the other team had at least 1 saiyan female. I'm not sure if Toei would introduce more female characters after Vados without feeling their "shonen" would hurt from it.
Check out Journey's End, a short story of Goku and Vegeta's final days. "Time is running out for the last two Saiyans"

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sat Nov 21, 2015 4:00 pm

Doctor. wrote:Not enough. I want the oracle fish to be the 5th member.
That would be a funny plot twist.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super