What do you hope for the 5th member to be like (spoilers)?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

What do you hope for the 5th member to be like (spoilers)?

Post by fadeddreams5 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:11 pm

So in Super, we know that Beerus will be recruiting a 5th mystery member to his team for Champa's tournament. Apparently, this character is stronger than Goku and has to, I imagine, reside in Universe 7. So what sort of character are you hoping for?

Species:
- Anthropomorphic animal like Beerus?
- Humanoid lizard (member of Frieza's race?!)?
- Saiyan (BROLY?!)?
- Namekian?
- Robot, cyborg, or android?
- Cute alien?
- Other?

Stature:
- Tall?
- Short?

Build:
- Bulky/muscular?
- Skinny?
- Fat?

Personality:
- Stoic/serious like Tien, Piccolo, and pre-Super Vegeta, or laconic like Pikkon?
- Calm and polite like Gohan, Future Trunks, and Uub?
- Juvenile personality like Buu?
- Loud, silly, yet wise like Beerus?
- Obnoxious and conceited like Mr. Satan?
- Completely indifferent altogether like Saitama?
Last edited by fadeddreams5 on Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

SSJ God Gogeta
I Live Here

Re: What do you hope for the 5th member to be like (spoilers

Post by SSJ God Gogeta » Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:38 pm

Species:
Not a damn Saiyan or Freeza race whatever... something original would be nice..

Stature:
Tall, but not Super Buu tall. I'd say between Piccolo & Perfect Cell.

Build:
Not too bulky & not too skinny, somewhere in the middle.

Personality:
Calm and polite but not to the point of it being annoying.. When shit gets serious I'd like for s/he to get serious as well. It also wouldn't hurt for this person to have a somewhat goofy side to them.
"I am neither Goku nor Vegeta! I am the one who will defeat you!!" - Gogeta

I'm that guy who makes the avatars

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:40 pm

Humanoid lizard aka the original design for Beerus before he was changed into a cat.

Tallish, maybe as tall as Whis or so.

Lean physique, similiar to that of say Cell. Muscular but not overdoing it. It'd be a good contrast to Beerus being kinda skinny and Champa being fat. Whis also only has an ordinary build so it needs a little variety.

Personality is the trickiest one but the strong, silent, wise badass type like Piccolo would be nice as it'd go along with the intimidating image of a lizard. We have enough light hearted characters I think for now.

Kamiccolo9
Namekian Warrior

Post by Kamiccolo9 » Thu Nov 19, 2015 10:53 pm

There is only one correct answer for this.
Champion of the 1st Kanzenshuu Short Story Tenkaichi Budokai
Kamiccolo9's Kompendium of Short Stories
Cipher wrote:If Vegeta does not kill Gohan, I will stop illegally streaming the series.
Malik_DBNA wrote:
Scarz wrote:Malik, stop. People are asking me for lewd art of possessed Bra (with Vegeta).
"Achievement Unlocked: Rule 34"

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:04 pm

A dog of destruction to counterpoint the god of destruction. Bonus points for dog-like quirks the same way Beerus has cat-like quirks.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Wizard Sesame
Beyond Newbie

Post by Wizard Sesame » Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:11 pm

I kind of want a being somewhat mechanical. I don't know what, exactly, but some form of mechanization would be interesting.

Wezenheim
Advanced Regular

Post by Wezenheim » Thu Nov 19, 2015 11:56 pm

Species:
Other, I'd say. I'd like to see something new.

Tall/short:
Don't really have a preference here, but I'm going to say normal height, around maybe Goku/Beerus.

Build:
Somewhat skinny but well defined.

Personality:
Hmmm, tough one. I might go with a personality akin to Future Trunks. Humble and polite, but also strong and determined.

Sodhi
I Live Here

Post by Sodhi » Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:23 am

It could be the original Saiyajin god' descendant that beerus fought 900 years ago. Or the original ssjg if saiyajins can live for 900 years?.

JustSaiyan34

Post by JustSaiyan34 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 1:45 am

As long as it's not a Saiyan, I'm fine. About Goku's height would be okay. Don't really care about their build as long as they aren't like Champa or fat Boo. A personality like Saitama would be awesome. I also think it would be pretty cool if the fighter was a female.
A B S O L U T E L Y S U B A R A S H I I

Khin
I Live Here

Post by Khin » Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:34 am

its either the oracle fish or the previous Hakaishin with Beerus' original lizard design.

ROCKYIII
Not-So-Newbie

Post by ROCKYIII » Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:58 am

Sodhi wrote:It could be the original Saiyajin god' descendant that beerus fought 900 years ago. Or the original ssjg if saiyajins can live for 900 years?.
The concept of Super saiyan God came to beerus in a dream If he fought the original you'd think it wouldn't be a new concept to him.

Sodhi
I Live Here

Post by Sodhi » Fri Nov 20, 2015 2:59 am

ROCKYIII wrote:
Sodhi wrote:It could be the original Saiyajin god' descendant that beerus fought 900 years ago. Or the original ssjg if saiyajins can live for 900 years?.
The concept of Super saiyan God came to beerus in a dream If he fought the original you'd think it wouldn't be a new concept to him.
That is true. Good point

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:05 am

I want them to be kinda unassuming looking, you look at them and think "No way that is the strongest person Beerus ever fought" and then they start fighting and your mind explodes. That's really all I want, I trust Toriyama to make a cool character.

voltlunok
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by voltlunok » Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:27 am

ArchedThunder wrote:I want them to be kinda unassuming looking, you look at them and think "No way that is the strongest person Beerus ever fought" and then they start fighting and your mind explodes. That's really all I want, I trust Toriyama to make a cool character.
I can think of someone who fits that bill pretty darn well...
Going on hiatus. Too much stuff in RL to deal with for me to keep up with posts here for now. Was fun, hope you all have a nice day and future! Volt signing off.

With the many years on the net I've spent...I've learned being polite takes you much further then being a dick. So...lesson here is! Don't be a dick!

"Fill up your stomach and your happiness! " - Cure Honey

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Fri Nov 20, 2015 3:59 am

ArchedThunder wrote:I want them to be kinda unassuming looking, you look at them and think "No way that is the strongest person Beerus ever fought" and then they start fighting and your mind explodes. That's really all I want, I trust Toriyama to make a cool character.
They always do that though don't they? That kind of idea has been done from the very beginning of the series.

That's pretty much exactly what Whis is. A feminine being that likes parfaits who'd in fact wreck everyone's shit.

I think it'd actually be different to have a character who you could look at and with glance you know they're not to be messed with.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:02 am

With it being someone who was able to go head to head with Beerus then I want him to look the part and act it so hopefully he doesn't look and act like Whis.

I want him to look intimidating like Cell for example but I don't want him to act like Vegeta did back in the day or Piccolo who never talks so maybe someone like future Trunks ? he's confidant in himself but he doesn't rub it in everyone's faces 24/7 and he interacts with the whole cast.
Last edited by sintzu on Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Fri Nov 20, 2015 4:03 am

voltlunok wrote:
I can think of someone who fits that bill pretty darn well...
Last time I checked Arale isn't 900 years old, so unless she time traveled and fought Beerus I think she's out of the question.
Bullza wrote:
They always do that though don't they? That kind of idea has been done from the very beginning of the series.

That's pretty much exactly what Whis is. A feminine being that likes parfaits who'd in fact wreck everyone's shit.

I think it'd actually be different to have a character who you could look at and with glance you know they're not to be messed with.
The the thing though, that's Toriyama's style, subverting expectations and making the strong people not look as you'd expect. One of my big issues with most of the movie characters is that they are mostly big and buff, which kinda goes against Toriyama's style.
But anyways I mean even more so that say Whis, I mean something more like what another poster said, Arale.

I wouldn't mind them having a build more like Goku or having them be super serious, I'm just saying I like the characters to not be what you'd expect from strong people, like Vegeta, Freeza, and Kid Buu being small, Fat Buu being fat, 17, 18, 19 and 20 all being far from what you'd expect and Super Buu being lanky. I just don't want a movie styled buff dude.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Fri Nov 20, 2015 6:30 am

Species:
- Silly alien race, shouldn't look very powerful

Stature:
- Short

Build:
- Skinny but gets muscular when fighting seriously

Personality:
- Not serious and immature, but can get serious and is also very intelligent

Basically this character would scream "I'm fucking weak" and then would proceed to wreck most of U6 team.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

King Jacku
Beyond Newbie

Post by King Jacku » Fri Nov 20, 2015 7:03 am

It's gonna be Neko Majin, and then we find out him and Beerus are cousins.

Ssgvegito30
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ssgvegito30 » Fri Nov 20, 2015 8:19 am

King Jacku wrote:It's gonna be Neko Majin, and then we find out him and Beerus are cousins.
Plzzzz be reasonable this thread is about the 5th warrior how is personality be and his looks not a character from a different manga series of Akira toriyama
"You may have invaded my mind and my body, but there's one thing a Saiyan always keeps! His pride!"