Super Animation Catalogue 2.0

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Super Animation Catalogue - [Updated with #49]

Post by ArchedThunder » Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:28 pm

Does anyone know if anything (images or video) from the Volume 3 Bluray has started to pop up on the internet? I really want to know if the month delay was for corrections.

neolux
Beyond Newbie

Post by neolux » Fri Jul 01, 2016 10:56 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:Does anyone know if anything (images or video) from the Volume 3 Bluray has started to pop up on the internet? I really want to know if the month delay was for corrections.
I was also wondering about it.

dhaval_dongre
Beyond Newbie

Post by dhaval_dongre » Sat Jul 02, 2016 1:38 am

kinisking wrote:
dhaval_dongre wrote:We last saw Karasawa on 44 and Kitano on 45, moreover its an important episode so definitely it won't be Kitano.
Episode 39 was him
Yep.

Psykomatik
Regular

Post by Psykomatik » Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:35 am

Definitely: Am i the only one who think that Yukihiro Kitano is really bad?
I mean, OK, he did episode 1, he did episode 19, he did episode 39. Yeah, why not. Obviously, episode 1 had all the staff available (even Nakatsuru was there!). Episode 19 had Yamamuro doing all the great things, and episode 39 had Yamamuro, Otsuka, and Hakamada for the great cuts. Pretty sure he did nothing outstanding on those episodes.
It's like everyone is forgetting episode 24 or episode 45. They're horrible, really!

Please tell me if i'm the only one who think that, i can't express like i want to do (and i'm mad about it, i've so much to say), because it's not my first language, but i hope everybody gets what i wanted to say.

Sodhi
I Live Here

Post by Sodhi » Sat Jul 02, 2016 2:38 am

Psykomatik wrote: Please tell me if i'm the only one who think that, i can't express like i want to do (and i'm mad about it, i've so much to say), because it's not my first language, but i hope everybody gets what i wanted to say.
You are not the only one, I think so too :). His episode where he does not have decent/good animators are pretty bad.

dhaval_dongre
Beyond Newbie

Post by dhaval_dongre » Sat Jul 02, 2016 6:43 am

Psykomatik wrote:Definitely: Am i the only one who think that Yukihiro Kitano is really bad?
I mean, OK, he did episode 1, he did episode 19, he did episode 39. Yeah, why not. Obviously, episode 1 had all the staff available (even Nakatsuru was there!). Episode 19 had Yamamuro doing all the great things, and episode 39 had Yamamuro, Otsuka, and Hakamada for the great cuts. Pretty sure he did nothing outstanding on those episodes.
Yes he worked on 39, but he was working alongside many others. I dont think the success of that episode was mainly down to him.

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:48 am

Megumi Ishitani just announced on her Facebook page that she will be the director for the new Super ending. Wow!

Ahhhhhhhhh, I'm so excited. She was responsible for this piece of awesomeness (see 48 secs for the best part).
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:53 am

Ajay wrote:Ahhhhhhhhh, I'm so excited. She was responsible for this piece of awesomeness (see 48 secs for the best part).
Holy crap, that is incredible! I hope she brings some unique art and animation in the ending.

Too bad it's going to have that really bad song playing in the background. I'm still curious to see how it's all going to play out though.

dhaval_dongre
Beyond Newbie

Post by dhaval_dongre » Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:01 am

Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:
Ajay wrote:Ahhhhhhhhh, I'm so excited. She was responsible for this piece of awesomeness (see 48 secs for the best part).
Holy crap, that is incredible! I hope she brings some unique art and animation in the ending.

Too bad it's going to have that really bad song playing in the background. I'm still curious to see how it's all going to play out though.
Oh boy, Yoka yoka dance is gonna make a lot of people laugh. It would have worked for Sailor Moon, but not for Super. I know part of the reason is for promotion of their upcoming album, but still.

cuartas
Beyond Newbie

Post by cuartas » Sat Jul 02, 2016 3:16 pm

Psykomatik wrote:Definitely: Am i the only one who think that Yukihiro Kitano is really bad?
It's like everyone is forgetting episode 24 or episode 45. They're horrible, really!

Please tell me if i'm the only one who think that, i can't express like i want to do (and i'm mad about it, i've so much to say), because it's not my first language, but i hope everybody gets what i wanted to say.
You're not the only one, overall DBS has a lot of flaws

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:33 pm

Episode 50

Animation supervisors
Karasawa Yuichi Takamura Kaoru Nobuzane Setsuko

Assistant Animation Supervisor
Shimanuki Masahiro Tate Naoki

Chief Animation Supervisor
Tsuji Miyako

Key Animators
Hoshino Mamoru Higashide Futoshi Karasawa Yuichi Maruyama Masahiko Hong Beom-seok Kato Yoshitaka Fukazawa Kenji Takemori Yuka Kanno Rika Chiba Yasuko Suzuki Hiroshi Sato Yusuke Nagaki Tatsuhiro Fujiwara Mikio Fukushima Yasushi Nobuzane Setsuko

2nd Key Animators
Tu Yeong-chaek Ishii Tamaki Yasuda Youko Tezuka Emi Tomiki Yumiko Studio Myu

-

What a bizarre episode. Shimanuki and Tate popped up to do uncredited key animation outside of their assistant role when they really should be busy with future work. I guess there was a massive rush to get this episode finished, and honestly, I'm not surprised. So many scenes looked very heavily corrected; there's no way the supervisors would finish tidying everything up in time. Next week is eerily on-model too. Dunno how long they're gonna be able to keep this up.

Higashide makes a return, so that's cool. Hopefully he'll be a regular now since he's clearly capable of producing good stuff in a short time frame.

Love the new ending. Not exactly the best use of Ishitani, but it's a well directed and nicely storyboarded ending, even if it lacks full animation. I adore that song. It was solo "animated" by Yamamuro as always.
Last edited by Ajay on Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Deadtuber.

Psykomatik
Regular

Post by Psykomatik » Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:40 pm

Next week seems weird. All the good animation supervisors already did episodes (Naoki Tate ; Masahiro Shimanuki and now Yuichi Karasawa)... So who is next week? Any idea Ajay?
Last edited by Psykomatik on Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:43 pm

Psykomatik wrote:So who is next week? Any idea Ajay?
Schedule would indicate Kitano or Yashima... or both. No idea for sure! The stream quality was too awful to get a proper look.

Deadtuber.

ryou766
Advanced Regular

Post by ryou766 » Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:44 pm

Quick! Someone grab the shot of Goku and Black simultaneously landing blows on each other!

Psykomatik
Regular

Post by Psykomatik » Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:45 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xmb3LrifjaM
Rewatched the preview. Seems to me like a duo Kitano-Yamamuro... again. :lol:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Pretty sure it's Yamamuro to me.

raulvalente
Beyond Newbie

Post by raulvalente » Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:48 pm

Well... what are the chances of next episode being an Yamamuro one? The art looks "too on-model" for an Yashima or a Kitano episode.

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Sat Jul 02, 2016 8:52 pm

Doesn't look like Yashima. Definitely looks like Kitano's work back in the Battle of Gods arc. It's probably him with some good key animators, perhaps. There's a chance that Yamamuro might pop up, but given that he just did the new ending, I'd be quite surprised. You never know!

Deadtuber.

Psykomatik
Regular

Post by Psykomatik » Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:00 pm

Well, the ending isn't animated at all.
I'm 100% sure it will be Kitano with Yamamuro as a key animator or as a second animation supervisor.

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:02 pm

No, it's not for the most part, but that's a still a huge and detailed drawing. That will have taken some time!

Deadtuber.

Psykomatik
Regular

Post by Psykomatik » Sat Jul 02, 2016 9:03 pm

Yeah, who knows like you said... I just hope it isn't Kitano alone. :)