Super Animation Catalogue 2.0

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Re: Super Animation Catalogue 2.0 - Episode 89

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Tue May 09, 2017 9:20 pm

SaiyanGod117 wrote:What are the odds of Yamamuro stepping down as character designer, anytime soon?
0%
Retired.

Sodhi
I Live Here

Post by Sodhi » Tue May 09, 2017 11:07 pm

So from what we know, I think #90 is the last episode where a lot of time and effort will be put in until the TOP. #91 is basically a non event episode, where we may see a lot of dialogue and some new warriors. #92 is just some more preparation stuff, same with #93.Also, they are using people like, Kitano, itai, Yashima,and Ono' studio to do these ones. Hopefully if not 94 then in #95 the tournament starts and we get really polished and well animated episodes :) Also please Karasawa come back.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Tue May 09, 2017 11:11 pm

Sodhi wrote:So from what we know, I think #90 is the last episode where a lot of time and effort will be put in until the TOP. #91 is basically a non event episode, where we may see a lot of dialogue and some new warriors. #92 is just some more preparation stuff, same with #93.Also, they are using people like, Kitano, itai, Yashima,and Ono' studio to do these ones. Hopefully if not 94 then in #95 the tournament starts and we get really polished and well animated episodes :) Also please Karasawa come back.
90 really does feel like it's a bit of a bone they're throwing the viewers.
86 felt that way too.
I think 95 will be the start of the tournament, with Ishikawa doing the lead in 94.

Sodhi
I Live Here

Post by Sodhi » Tue May 09, 2017 11:23 pm

Tiger Mask production should have ended by the time they were working on #95 too. Making it a really good time to start the TOP, we may see a lot of talented faces to pop up in the tournament itself. May also see a lot of bank being used.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Tue May 09, 2017 11:31 pm

Sodhi wrote:Tiger Mask production should have ended by the time they were working on #95 too. Making it a really good time to start the TOP, we may see a lot of talented faces to pop up in the tournament itself. May also see a lot of bank being used.
It'll definitely be something we'll have to keep an eye on, part of me wonders if part of the reason it's taken so long to get to the tournament was so they could get some Tiger Mask staff for it.
Guess we'll find out.

Sodhi
I Live Here

Post by Sodhi » Tue May 09, 2017 11:38 pm

I just noticed that they changed #90 image in Fuji's website.
What I posted:
What is there now:

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Tue May 09, 2017 11:52 pm

Sodhi wrote:I just noticed that they changed #90 image in Fuji's website.
What I posted:
What is there now:
Huh, weird. Weird that it's also not widescreen.

Jinzoningen MULE
I Live Here

Post by Jinzoningen MULE » Tue May 09, 2017 11:54 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:
What I posted:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
What is there now:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Huh, weird. Weird that it's also not widescreen.
They must have not framed it yet, which is weird. For some reason, I was under the assumption that a drawing was framed before it was colored.
Retired.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Tue May 09, 2017 11:56 pm

Jinzoningen MULE wrote: They must have not framed it yet, which is weird. For some reason, I was under the assumption that a drawing was framed before it was colored.
Last week's was a pan shot in double wide, so you might be right. It might not be that they haven't framed it yet, and just that they are using the unframed version or something. Maybe it's pan.
Wonder why they're using unframed shots, maybe they just want to show more of the art?

neolux
Beyond Newbie

Post by neolux » Wed May 10, 2017 12:10 am

So nobody has posted this beautiful art that Toei Animation's twitter account posted today? Let's take a moment to appreciate this great art. It's a shame we don't know the name of the artist.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Wed May 10, 2017 12:10 am

neolux wrote:So nobody has posted this beautiful art that Toei Animation's twitter account posted today? Let's take a moment to appreciate this great art. It's a shame we don't know the name of the artist.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
What's it for? I hope this artist sticks around for a long time.
EDIT: Ah, Goku day. Kinda odd that Blue isn't included, but it was put up by Toei USA, so they might just be going off of where the dub is.

superfan2024
Regular

Post by superfan2024 » Wed May 10, 2017 6:13 am

Ok, unless Kitano pops up in any episode before 93, then he should have 6 weeks of production to work on episode 93. I really hope he gets this one right, especially considering this is a Frieza episode.

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Wed May 10, 2017 8:08 am

ArchedThunder wrote:
neolux wrote:So nobody has posted this beautiful art that Toei Animation's twitter account posted today? Let's take a moment to appreciate this great art. It's a shame we don't know the name of the artist.
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
What's it for? I hope this artist sticks around for a long time.
EDIT: Ah, Goku day. Kinda odd that Blue isn't included, but it was put up by Toei USA, so they might just be going off of where the dub is.
I can tell he loves that hand pose, his other work was similar.

I like it too so I don't mind.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.

Nasryyy
Beyond Newbie

Post by Nasryyy » Wed May 10, 2017 8:33 am

What I posted:
What is there now:
so the second image might be hideki's correction i really like it

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Wed May 10, 2017 8:37 am

They're really buffed in that shot. The way Goku's stopping Gohan's punch looks awfully awkward to me.

Gashif Aldi
Beyond Newbie

Post by Gashif Aldi » Wed May 10, 2017 8:44 am

SansrivaaL wrote:
They're really buffed in that shot. The way Goku's stopping Gohan's punch looks awfully awkward to me.
It's an animation, it looks like an inbetween frame though.
I'm bad at English and still learning. If there's anything wrong, please correct me. :D

Profile Picture is from:

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Wed May 10, 2017 8:53 am

Gashif Aldi wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote:
I know its an animation but its a shot so I prefer calling it a "shot", it feels like a still moment for me, like Goku stopping it for a long time and commenting "What a punch"

Psykomatik
Regular

Post by Psykomatik » Wed May 10, 2017 10:21 am

Gashif Aldi wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote:
We thought the same with 84, but that was not. I don't think they're posting in-between on Fuji TV's site.

Gashif Aldi
Beyond Newbie

Post by Gashif Aldi » Wed May 10, 2017 10:22 am

SansrivaaL wrote:
Gashif Aldi wrote:
SansrivaaL wrote: They're really buffed in that shot. The way Goku's stopping Gohan's punch looks awfully awkward to me.
I know its an animation but its a shot so I prefer calling it a "shot", it feels like a still moment for me, like Goku stopping it for a long time and commenting "What a punch"
Maybe after the punch, the camera will zoom to Goku's face? It could be fast paced.

Why are we even discussing these things?
I'm bad at English and still learning. If there's anything wrong, please correct me. :D

Profile Picture is from:

kinisking
I Live Here

Post by kinisking » Wed May 10, 2017 3:45 pm

What's the point of having these pictures if we can't discuss it ? Can't he say his opinion on it ? If he gets proven wrong, then who cares. He said how he felt about it with the knowledge he has now and we should accept that.
Jinzoningen MULE wrote: Maybe I should start making it a point not to comment when I'm not sure of something. Too many people know what they're talking about around here.
Disclaimer: I might get into a disagreement with you. Sometimes I might even get feisty about it. I'll never harbor negative feelings because of it though. I hope you feel the same way!
I made a bet with Alee9977 that Vegeta won't be beaten quickly by an opponent. If I lose, I switch my avatar to Vegeta getting beat by hit. If I win, he switches it to Vegeta holding Black by his hair. This will last a month.