Super Animation Catalogue 2.0

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
KameNinja45
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 161
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2016 3:49 pm
Contact:

Re: Super Animation Catalogue 2.0 - Episode 100

Post by KameNinja45 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:06 am

That first shot is wonderful. Maybe this'll be one of those episodes with a really good storyboard.

User avatar
JazzMazz
I Live Here
Posts: 2216
Joined: Thu Nov 03, 2016 7:28 am
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Re: Super Animation Catalogue 2.0 - Episode 100

Post by JazzMazz » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:24 am

KameNinja45 wrote:That first shot is wonderful. Maybe this'll be one of those episodes with a really good storyboard.
Well, yes.

The episode is going to be directed by Nagamine himself, the least we can expect is a very strong storyboard and sense of atmosphere.

User avatar
FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5388
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:07 pm
Location: Portugal

Re: Super Animation Catalogue 2.0 - Episode 100

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:35 am

KameNinja45 wrote:That first shot is wonderful. Maybe this'll be one of those episodes with a really good storyboard.
You can take that for granted. The storyboard comes from our two great directors!
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Sodhi
I Live Here
Posts: 2180
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:53 pm

Re: Super Animation Catalogue 2.0 - Episode 100

Post by Sodhi » Sat Sep 16, 2017 3:22 pm

https://twitter.com/ishigyunyu/status/9 ... 1637226496
From what I got from Google translate, she said she did a lot of hard work so please watch tomorrow's episode but she will not be credited for some reason.

dhaval_dongre
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 287
Joined: Sat May 14, 2016 2:42 pm

Re: Super Animation Catalogue 2.0 - Episode 100

Post by dhaval_dongre » Sat Sep 16, 2017 4:28 pm

Sodhi wrote:https://twitter.com/ishigyunyu/status/9 ... 1637226496
From what I got from Google translate, she said she did a lot of hard work so please watch tomorrow's episode but she will not be credited for some reason.
The new ending would debut during the special right ? So I don't think it is related to that. Plus, the fact that the episode, already has both the SDs. Its overkill, lol. Would have loved to see her on the special instead. But anyways excited to see what she does.

Sodhi
I Live Here
Posts: 2180
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:53 pm

Re: Super Animation Catalogue 2.0 - Episode 100

Post by Sodhi » Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:10 pm

She could be doing some animation, instead of directorial work.

dhaval_dongre
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 287
Joined: Sat May 14, 2016 2:42 pm

Re: Super Animation Catalogue 2.0 - Episode 100

Post by dhaval_dongre » Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:13 pm

Sodhi wrote:She could be doing some animation, instead of directorial work.
Glad to see her working on an actual episode. She only has done endings so far, I believe.

Sodhi
I Live Here
Posts: 2180
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:53 pm

Re: Super Animation Catalogue 2.0 - Episode 100

Post by Sodhi » Sat Sep 16, 2017 5:15 pm

Yep. She storyboarded and directed endings 5 and 7 .

User avatar
ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5711
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:03 am

Re: Super Animation Catalogue 2.0 - Episode 100

Post by ArchedThunder » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:29 pm

First 8 minutes had me a little worried, it was some really well directed nothing, but as soon as the action kicked in, holy shit. Great direction and a ton of animation, I need to see the staff on this one.
Don't want to make too much of a comment on the NEP since the live broadcast only had half of it, but what was there looked completely corrected.

Sodhi
I Live Here
Posts: 2180
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:53 pm

Re: Super Animation Catalogue 2.0 - Episode 100

Post by Sodhi » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:32 pm

Probably my best first reaction. Really liked the episode. You could feel the strong direction.

User avatar
Ajay
Moderator
Posts: 6137
Joined: Sun May 26, 2013 6:15 pm
Location: Surrey, UK
Contact:

Re: Super Animation Catalogue 2.0 - Episode 100

Post by Ajay » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:47 pm

Episode 107

Animation Supervisors
Paul Ano-nuevo
Eugene Ayson
Osamu Ishikawa

Key Animators
Osamu Ishikawa
Tu Yong-ce
Masashi Yamada
Yasuhiko Ooyama
Shuntaro Mura
Nobuhiro Masuda
Norio Kanekubo
Sadatoshi Matsuzaka
Takashi Hirabayashi
Hitomi Sasaki
Toei Phils

Second Key Animators
Kouhei Kajiwara
Tomoko Sato
Miyuki Yokoyama
A-Line

Director: Ryota Nakamura
Storyboard: Tatsuya Nagamine

-

That was far and away the best episode of the tournament so far. What a difference having a competent director makes. Every shot was so powerful, even if it was just a still. Wonderful all around.

Ishikawa was mostly on point. He still seems to struggle with Vegeta, but otherwise, he is perfectly serviceable when it comes to sticking to the character sheets.

Quite a decent bit of action in there. For a second I thought I saw Atsushi Nikaido, but clearly I was wrong. Will have to take a closer look later.

More episodes like this, please~ I hope Nagamine not directing means he's off elsewhere. Maybe the special...???
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

User avatar
ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5711
Joined: Fri Dec 03, 2010 8:03 am

Re: Super Animation Catalogue 2.0 - Episode 100

Post by ArchedThunder » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:50 pm

Lots of new names in there, always nice to see!

User avatar
Nasryyy
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 204
Joined: Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:49 am

Re: Super Animation Catalogue 2.0 - Episode 100

Post by Nasryyy » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:56 pm

Ajay wrote:Episode 107

Animation Supervisors
Paul Ano-nuevo
Eugene Ayson
Osamu Ishikawa

Key Animators
Osamu Ishikawa
Tu Yong-ce
Masashi Yamada
Yasuhiko Ooyama
Shuntaro Mura
Nobuhiro Masuda
Norio Kanekubo
Sadatoshi Matsuzaka
Takashi Hirabayashi
Hitomi Sasaki
Toei Phils

Second Key Animators
Kouhei Kajiwara
Tomoko Sato
Miyuki Yokoyama
A-Line

Director: Ryota Nakamura
Storyboard: Tatsuya Nagamine

-

That was far and away the best episode of the tournament so far. What a difference having a competent director makes. Every shot was so powerful, even if it was just a still. Wonderful all around.

Ishikawa was mostly on point. He still seems to struggle with Vegeta, but otherwise, he is perfectly serviceable when it comes to sticking to the character sheets.

Quite a decent bit of action in there. For a second I thought I saw Atsushi Nikaido, but clearly I was wrong. Will have to take a closer look later.

More episodes like this, please~ I hope Nagamine not directing means he's off elsewhere. Maybe the special...???
I bet everything good came from Tu yong ce

Sodhi
I Live Here
Posts: 2180
Joined: Sun Aug 02, 2015 9:53 pm

Re: Super Animation Catalogue 2.0 - Episode 100

Post by Sodhi » Sat Sep 16, 2017 8:58 pm

Idk what poor Ishanti might have done. Probably something good too.

User avatar
Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1690
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:17 am
Location: Australia

Re: Super Animation Catalogue 2.0 - Episode 100

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:30 pm

The animation in this episode totally took me off guard! Wow! It looked so good. The art was wonderful as well. To top it all off, it had great direction and storyboarding. Man, that had me on the edge of my seat.

Riczi
Not-So-Newbie
Posts: 72
Joined: Sun Sep 13, 2015 9:42 am

Re: Super Animation Catalogue 2.0 - Episode 100

Post by Riczi » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:31 pm

There's something more about Toyotaro role in the anime? They added a sentence in brackets under "Toyotaro"
Image

User avatar
Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1690
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:17 am
Location: Australia

Re: Super Animation Catalogue 2.0 - Episode 100

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:36 pm

I love love love these two shots of team Universes 6 and 7.
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
I'm going to wait for the episode to update to 1080p so I can screen capture that Universe 7 shot and make it my wallpaper.

User avatar
KameNinja45
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 161
Joined: Sat Nov 26, 2016 3:49 pm
Contact:

Re: Super Animation Catalogue 2.0 - Episode 100

Post by KameNinja45 » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:43 pm

That episode was so great, from a direction and animation standpoint. Every single bit of action animation was amazing,

User avatar
Amir
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 433
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:17 am

Re: Super Animation Catalogue 2.0 - Episode 100

Post by Amir » Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:45 pm

This episode reminded mo of the Hit episode, but this time even better.

User avatar
Noah
Kicks it Old-School
Posts: 7625
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:56 pm
Location: Virtual World

Re: Super Animation Catalogue 2.0 - Episode 100

Post by Noah » Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:21 pm

Another episode consistently animated, while this arc didn't brought anything impressive yet, I can say at least they keep the same good standard.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

Post Reply