Super Animation Catalogue 2.0

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Noah
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Super Animation Catalogue 2.0 - Episode 100

Post by Noah » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:32 pm

I noticed a wonky SSJB Goku shot in the NEP, hope it's only my impression.
乃亜

Top 10 DB/Z/GT Songs

Are we too old to enjoy new Dragon Ball movies/series?

KameNinja45
Beyond Newbie

Post by KameNinja45 » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:35 pm

Noah wrote:I noticed a wonky SSJB Goku shot in the NEP, hope it's only my impression.
I saw it too, the one after he got thrown by Jiren right? It was only there for a second, but it was pretty noticeable.

cuartas
Beyond Newbie

Post by cuartas » Sat Sep 23, 2017 10:53 pm

wow, a yashima episode without noticeable shots from yashima himself are the best, the episode looked great from the start to end, a nice improvement from kale episode animated by him too :clap: :clap: :clap:
Really liked how they handled frieza today and that weird synergy with gohan, the soundtrack helped too, but that's old news since the soundtrack has improved a lot when this arc began.
The last 2 episodes were a nice opening to the special, totally hyped for a nice birthday gift at oct 8.

Yomi
Regular

Post by Yomi » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:08 pm

KameNinja45 wrote:
Noah wrote:I noticed a wonky SSJB Goku shot in the NEP, hope it's only my impression.
I saw it too, the one after he got thrown by Jiren right? It was only there for a second, but it was pretty noticeable.
It's the thumbnail for the preview on the Toei youtube page for some reason.
They really need to change that thumbnail. I'm sure the other 2 automatic thumbnails look 100x better.
:clap:

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sat Sep 23, 2017 11:13 pm

That frame really isn't noticeable in motion.

PMD
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by PMD » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:29 am

Can someone remind me that info about how many cuts Yashima can do during a particular period? This guyg is a beast. It's not an action packed episode and has a lot of reused cuts (Ribbriane's attack, Golden Freeza's transformation and some Beerus shots) but man... he manages to keep up with the stuff in a very fluid and not annoying way (thanks to the corrections by the 2KA also). I love this guy.

Also, could someone spot the Yong-ce Tu cut? I really like what he does but didn't notice anything special, except for that Gohan Kamehameha against Borareta (even thoug I can't tell if it was reused).

NEP looks dope af.

Sodhi
I Live Here

Post by Sodhi » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:42 am

I think it was that Yashima could do 11 cuts a day. Unhuman.

PMD
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by PMD » Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:47 am

Sodhi wrote:I think it was that Yashima could do 11 cuts a day. Unhuman.
Amazing. That man is something else.

I'm in love with this shot of Mystic Gohan attacking:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:52 am

PMD wrote:
Sodhi wrote:I think it was that Yashima could do 11 cuts a day. Unhuman.
Amazing. That man is something else.

I'm in love with this shot of Mystic Gohan attacking:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
He can do 330 cuts in a month.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:25 am

NEP was fine, like I expected didn't show much, thank goodness too. Goku's form is still pretty hush.

Episode itself looked petty good no real complaints either. More than satisfied with this arc and tournament it's not a disaster like the U6 one.

Mazingerdestro
Regular

Post by Mazingerdestro » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:46 am

cuartas wrote:wow, a yashima episode without noticeable shots from yashima himself are the best, the episode looked great from the start to end, a nice improvement from kale episode animated by him too :clap: :clap: :clap:
Really liked how they handled frieza today and that weird synergy with gohan, the soundtrack helped too, but that's old news since the soundtrack has improved a lot when this arc began.
The last 2 episodes were a nice opening to the special, totally hyped for a nice birthday gift at oct 8.
All the non battle shots or even some with a character been pushed back from a hit are easy to spot Yashima. True that most of the episode was corrected.

Was the charging Gohan Yamamuro ?

dhaval_dongre
Beyond Newbie

Post by dhaval_dongre » Sun Sep 24, 2017 6:20 am

Mazingerdestro wrote:
cuartas wrote:wow, a yashima episode without noticeable shots from yashima himself are the best, the episode looked great from the start to end, a nice improvement from kale episode animated by him too :clap: :clap: :clap:
All the non battle shots or even some with a character been pushed back from a hit are easy to spot Yashima. True that most of the episode was corrected.

I feel so too. Was just about to post that.

JazzMazz
I Live Here
Location: Mordor, the Borg cube and Voldemort's lair all at the same time in the year 199X

Post by JazzMazz » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:06 am

Mazingerdestro wrote:

I think people are thinking its more in-line with Tu's work.

Mazingerdestro
Regular

Post by Mazingerdestro » Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:17 am

JazzMazz wrote:
Mazingerdestro wrote:

I think people are thinking its more in-line with Tu's work.
I can't spot any difference between them.
Yamamuro's major characteristic beyond the on model art was the large upper body muscles. Now Tu draws muscles like that too.....They draw the same

People should relax with the NEP. It showed fluid animation, which is crucial+GOOD.
The action animators finish their scenes early and let the chief animator or Yamamuro clean them.
It's pretty standard procedure till now and it works.
They only think that we want to see is fluid animation. The art can be fixed in 2 weeks

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun Sep 24, 2017 10:31 am

Toshio confirmed he wrote episode 112 and episode 115. He also says Hit vs Jiren will be a violent battle. Hype!

I also noted he's being less open to fans questions. It was about time he took an attitude.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Jigurashi
Advanced Regular

Post by Jigurashi » Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:18 am

FortuneSSJ wrote:Toshio confirmed he wrote episode 112 and episode 115. He also says Hit vs Jiren will be a violent battle. Hype!

I also noted he's being less open to fans questions. It was about time he took an attitude.
Agreed. I've enjoyed Toshio's episodes for the most part. The Goku VS Jiren fight looks good and I'm excited for it, Hitto VS Jiren I'm excited for, and episode 115 I look forward to as well.

kidhero1000
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by kidhero1000 » Sun Sep 24, 2017 5:11 pm

Huh? Something about the set of backflips Goku is doing during the NEP look kinda wonky as well.
He devolved into saying only one word. Time to hit the ol' cosmic trail.

Amir
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Amir » Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:53 pm

kidhero1000 wrote:Huh? Something about the set of backflips Goku is doing during the NEP look kinda wonky as well.
Movement was a bit too stiff, but no big deal to me. It still looked good overall.

kidhero1000
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by kidhero1000 » Mon Sep 25, 2017 12:12 pm

Amir wrote:
kidhero1000 wrote:Huh? Something about the set of backflips Goku is doing during the NEP look kinda wonky as well.
Movement was a bit too stiff, but no big deal to me. It still looked good overall.

Here is hoping the polish it up for the special. I want the special to have the highest, most pristine quality of animation fluidity in every scene.
He devolved into saying only one word. Time to hit the ol' cosmic trail.

HybridSaiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by HybridSaiyan » Mon Sep 25, 2017 1:49 pm

kidhero1000 wrote:
Amir wrote:

Here is hoping the polish it up for the special. I want the special to have the highest, most pristine quality of animation fluidity in every scene.
Like the SSJ2 Goku vs Kid Buu?

A Z filler fight stomps on the majority of Supers "best"