Super Animation Catalogue 2.0

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
jeffbr92
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1349
Joined: Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:49 pm
Location: Brazil

Re: Super Animation Catalogue 2.0

Post by jeffbr92 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:17 am

There's something about this pic:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

That reminds me a scene in DBZ, I don't know... Majin Vegeta powering up, maybe?
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

User avatar
Hit!!
Regular
Posts: 667
Joined: Sun Feb 14, 2016 2:31 am
Location: Dominican Republic

Re: Super Animation Catalogue 2.0

Post by Hit!! » Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:39 pm

I don't like how they shine his pupils!!!

Cursemark505
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 211
Joined: Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:26 am

Re: Super Animation Catalogue 2.0

Post by Cursemark505 » Sat Feb 03, 2018 2:14 pm

Since the series is ending, do you guys think that all (or some) of the reused animation in the tournament will be replaced with new animation for the blu-rays?

User avatar
Psykomatik
Regular
Posts: 505
Joined: Thu Sep 24, 2015 7:37 am

Re: Super Animation Catalogue 2.0

Post by Psykomatik » Sat Feb 03, 2018 4:16 pm

Cursemark505 wrote:Since the series is ending, do you guys think that all (or some) of the reused animation in the tournament will be replaced with new animation for the blu-rays?
That's not the case on the latest bluray box which cover episode 97 to 108.

User avatar
Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior
Posts: 20555
Joined: Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:20 pm
Location: A temple on a giant tree
Contact:

Re: Super Animation Catalogue 2.0

Post by Lord Beerus » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:38 pm

Nothing really caught my eye as impressive with Episode 126. The art was acceptable in the first half and the second half saw a noticeable increase in quality of the animation, but nothing really grabbed my attention.

User avatar
DainIronfoot
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 754
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:13 am

Re: Super Animation Catalogue 2.0

Post by DainIronfoot » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:43 pm

Episode was decent. Quality increased a bit in the 2nd half (Yamamuro's storyboard was good) and there were a few nice shots of Vegeta I liked (looked like it was either Yamamuro or touched up by him but I need to rewatch it. Didn't get a good look). Animation itself was decent but nothing to go home about. Still, it wasn't bad and I enjoyed it.
Last edited by DainIronfoot on Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Ajay
Moderator
Posts: 6088
Joined: Sun May 26, 2013 6:15 pm
Location: Surrey, UK
Contact:

Re: Super Animation Catalogue 2.0

Post by Ajay » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:44 pm

Episode 126

Animation Supervisors:
Tsutomo Ono
Yasuhiro Namatame

Key Animators
Jin Inaba
Yasuhiko Ooyama
Nobuhiro Masuda
Satoru Motoyoshi
Kenta Yokoya
Tu Yong-ce
Yoshitaka Kato
Tomokazu Gunji
Mika Hironaka
Kenji Miuma
Reiko Saito
Miyuki Yokoyama

Second Key Animation
Toei Phils.
Asashi Productions

-

That was interesting. For once, I feel like I need to rewatch the episode a few times to really settle on an opinion. I will say one thing, Yamamuro's storyboard in that second half was fantastic. Seriously surprised and impressed.

Oh yeah, and Kenta Yokoya's back, which is freaking awesome.
Follow me on Twitter! // Super Animation Catalogue
[url=https://twitter.com/Yuyucow][b]kViN[/b][/url][i] on Tadayoshi Yamamuro[/i] wrote:
A fun drawing killed his family and now his life's goal is to oppress them all.

User avatar
DainIronfoot
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 754
Joined: Sun Apr 05, 2015 12:13 am

Re: Super Animation Catalogue 2.0

Post by DainIronfoot » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:49 pm

Ajay wrote:Episode 126

Animation Supervisors:
Tsutomo Ono
Yasuhiro Namatame

Key Animators
Jin Inaba
Yasuhiko Ooyama
Nobuhiro Masuda
Satoru Motoyoshi
Kenta Yokoya
Tu Yong-ce
Yoshitaka Kato
Tomokazu Gunji
Mika Hironaka
Kenji Miuma
Reiko Saito
Miyuki Yokoyama

Second Key Animation
Toei Phils.
Asashi Productions

-

That was interesting. For once, I feel like I need to rewatch the episode a few times to really settle on an opinion. I will say one thing, Yamamuro's storyboard in that second half was fantastic. Seriously surprised and impressed.

Oh yeah, and Kenta Yokoya's back, which is freaking awesome.
I definitely agree. The 2nd half definitely had an increase in quality, not just artwise but i liked Yamamuro's storyboard. There were also a few shots i coulda swore he either did or polished, some i really liked.

I feel as if i need to rewatch it again though as well. It's just one of those episodes where you end up not knowing exactly how you feel til you see it again.

User avatar
Amir
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 433
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:17 am

Re: Super Animation Catalogue 2.0

Post by Amir » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:09 pm

Why are people surprised with Yamamuro's storyboarding that much? We all knew he has knowledge in martial arts and hand to hand combat like this, right?
Am I missing something?

User avatar
Ajay
Moderator
Posts: 6088
Joined: Sun May 26, 2013 6:15 pm
Location: Surrey, UK
Contact:

Re: Super Animation Catalogue 2.0

Post by Ajay » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:14 pm

Amir wrote:Why are people surprised with Yamamuro's storyboarding that much? We all knew he has knowledge in martial arts and hand to hand combat like this, right?
Am I missing something?
Resurrection F's storyboard was horrible, and while the Future Trunks special's boards were solid, a lot if was heavily referenced from the manga. It's nice to see a vast improvement from him with what appears to be no references this time around.
Follow me on Twitter! // Super Animation Catalogue
[url=https://twitter.com/Yuyucow][b]kViN[/b][/url][i] on Tadayoshi Yamamuro[/i] wrote:
A fun drawing killed his family and now his life's goal is to oppress them all.

User avatar
Amir
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie
Posts: 433
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:17 am

Re: Super Animation Catalogue 2.0

Post by Amir » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:16 pm

Ajay wrote:
Amir wrote:Why are people surprised with Yamamuro's storyboarding that much? We all knew he has knowledge in martial arts and hand to hand combat like this, right?
Am I missing something?
Resurrection F's storyboard was horrible, and while the Future Trunks special's boards were solid, a lot if was heavily referenced from the manga. It's nice to see a vast improvement from him with what appears to be no references this time around.
Oh yeah I just remembered how awful those flat angles were in ROF, especially the Piccolo stuff against the army.

User avatar
Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1689
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:17 am
Location: Australia

Re: Super Animation Catalogue 2.0

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:42 pm

That Final Explosion and Destruction clash between Vegeta and Toppo looked amazing. Loved the debris around Toppo as he was charging his attack.

User avatar
Doctor.
Banned
Posts: 10529
Joined: Sat Jul 26, 2014 10:02 am
Location: Portugal

Re: Super Animation Catalogue 2.0

Post by Doctor. » Sat Feb 03, 2018 9:44 pm

Who wrote this one?

manya
Newbie
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:02 pm

Re: Super Animation Catalogue 2.0

Post by manya » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:00 pm

Doctor. wrote:Who wrote this one?
Hisao Ayumu. He debuted in DBS in Episode 119, not is a particulary strong Writter

User avatar
majinwarman
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1697
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:50 pm
Location: Freeza Planet 1

Re: Super Animation Catalogue 2.0

Post by majinwarman » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:45 pm

Ajay wrote:
Amir wrote:Why are people surprised with Yamamuro's storyboarding that much? We all knew he has knowledge in martial arts and hand to hand combat like this, right?
Am I missing something?
Resurrection F's storyboard was horrible, and while the Future Trunks special's boards were solid, a lot if was heavily referenced from the manga. It's nice to see a vast improvement from him with what appears to be no references this time around.
I'm extremely impressed by Yamamuro's work this episode.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

User avatar
majinwarman
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1697
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:50 pm
Location: Freeza Planet 1

Re: Super Animation Catalogue 2.0

Post by majinwarman » Sat Feb 03, 2018 10:47 pm

Ajay wrote:Episode 126

Animation Supervisors:
Tsutomo Ono
Yasuhiro Namatame

Key Animators
Jin Inaba
Yasuhiko Ooyama
Nobuhiro Masuda
Satoru Motoyoshi
Kenta Yokoya
Tu Yong-ce
Yoshitaka Kato
Tomokazu Gunji
Mika Hironaka
Kenji Miuma
Reiko Saito
Miyuki Yokoyama

Second Key Animation
Toei Phils.
Asashi Productions

-

That was interesting. For once, I feel like I need to rewatch the episode a few times to really settle on an opinion. I will say one thing, Yamamuro's storyboard in that second half was fantastic. Seriously surprised and impressed.

Oh yeah, and Kenta Yokoya's back, which is freaking awesome.
This episode was written okay and story boarded better than expected especially the second half. I really underestimated this episode.
Last edited by majinwarman on Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

User avatar
majinwarman
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1697
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2016 11:50 pm
Location: Freeza Planet 1

Re: Super Animation Catalogue 2.0

Post by majinwarman » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:01 pm

manya wrote:
Doctor. wrote:Who wrote this one?
Hisao Ayumu. He debuted in DBS in Episode 119, not is a particulary strong Writter
I thought that he did okay this episode.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

User avatar
Super Saiyan Swagger
I'm pretty cozy, here...
Posts: 1689
Joined: Fri Jul 18, 2014 9:17 am
Location: Australia

Re: Super Animation Catalogue 2.0

Post by Super Saiyan Swagger » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:24 pm

Could've sworn I saw Yashima in the episode. Specifically with Vegeta.
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]

manya
Newbie
Posts: 20
Joined: Sat Mar 18, 2017 9:02 pm

Re: Super Animation Catalogue 2.0

Post by manya » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:38 pm

Super Saiyan Swagger wrote:Could've sworn I saw Yashima in the episode. Specifically with Vegeta.
[spoiler]Image
Image[/spoiler]
Especially this but Yes Yashima Did Storyboard, maybe he did uncredited KA too
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

User avatar
Torturephile
Regular
Posts: 567
Joined: Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:13 pm

Re: Super Animation Catalogue 2.0

Post by Torturephile » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:43 pm

manya wrote:
Doctor. wrote:Who wrote this one?
Hisao Ayumu. He debuted in DBS in Episode 119, not is a particulary strong Writter
No wonder why everyone was poorly handled.

Post Reply