Super Animation Catalogue 2.0

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

manya

Re: Super Animation Catalogue 2.0

Post by manya » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:03 am

Kenta Yokoya did the explosion of Vegeta??

Also Shimanuki confirmed for the Next:
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
Torturephile wrote:
manya wrote:
Doctor. wrote:Who wrote this one?
Hisao Ayumu. He debuted in DBS in Episode 119, not is a particulary strong Writter
No wonder why everyone was poorly handled.
Exactly is a very bad Writer.
Last edited by manya on Sun Feb 04, 2018 1:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Asura
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Asura » Sun Feb 04, 2018 12:11 am

manya wrote:
Hisao Ayumu. He debuted in DBS in Episode 119, not is a particulary strong Writter
This explains so much. We've got possibly the two worst written episodes of Super on our hands, and both are by the same guy.

Torturephile
Regular

Post by Torturephile » Sun Feb 04, 2018 2:21 am

manya wrote:
Torturephile wrote:
manya wrote: Hisao Ayumu. He debuted in DBS in Episode 119, not is a particulary strong Writter
No wonder why everyone was poorly handled.
Exactly is a very bad Writer.
Funny to say he's already the Yukihiro Kitano among writers with just two episodes.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:12 am

Hats off to Yamamuro managed to keep the hot streak of good SB going.

Disappointing that Shimanuki is popping up next week. I assume Tate will do the episode after aka penultimate one.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:42 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Hats off to Yamamuro managed to keep the hot streak of good SB going.

Disappointing that Shimanuki is popping up next week. I assume Tate will do the episode after aka penultimate one.
One minute has been passing per episode, so the penultimate episode of the ToP should be 129, not 128.

dbs fanboy
Advanced Regular

Post by dbs fanboy » Sun Feb 04, 2018 8:19 am

manya wrote:
Well at least that explains this episode's quality.
I really miss ma boy, Black :( :cry:

dbgtFO wrote:

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Feb 04, 2018 10:26 am

ArchedThunder wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:Hats off to Yamamuro managed to keep the hot streak of good SB going.

One minute has been passing per episode, so the penultimate episode of the ToP should be 129, not 128.
I thought we had only 3 episodes left, forgot the 4th minute counts for next weeks episode. But there maybe a chance they'll skip 2 mins next episode. I really don't know how I feel about the final death match being 4 eps especially when there is no other fights to concentrate on, 4 eps on a single fight could get boring, 3 would be ideal.
dbs fanboy wrote:
manya wrote:
Well at least that explains this episode's quality.
A great episode written by a newbie? I'm impressed.

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Sun Feb 04, 2018 3:58 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote: A great episode written by a newbie? I'm impressed.
Suprised that you liked this polarizing episode, care elaborating what you liked in this week.
    I'm still shocked that tadayoshi is involved in this episode instead of the final one.
    Mostly active on discord.

cuartas
    Beyond Newbie

Post by cuartas » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:12 pm

The gr wrote:
    Suprised that you liked this polarizing episode, care elaborating what you liked in this week.
      I'm still shocked that tadayoshi is involved in this episode instead of the final one.
      I'd like someone elaborating on why this episode was badly written, asked by someone that doesn't fully understands the writter role

Baggie_Saiyan
      Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:23 pm

The gr wrote:
        Finally gave us some fulfilling pay off for Vegeta, up until this point nothing in the series has anything he did ever paid off including his sacrifice against Buu. The episode proved why his pride is important for him, it gives a good explanation for the attack he used against Buu and that the attack wasn't a suicidal attack, it perfectly show cases the strength and how far these characters have come since then, and I loved how it was also a battle of two ideals, Toppo's ideal of saying justice is useless and throw everything he believe's in to win and Vegeta's ideal of the exact opposite that you need to stick with your convictions and what you believe in to win. To top it all off we finally got some interest interaction with Jiren- what people have crying about to months and somehow are now crying cuz "he is a jerk" or whatever.

Was a fantastic episode.

The gr
        I Live Here

Post by The gr » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:36 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote: Finally gave us some fulfilling pay off for Vegeta, up until this point nothing in the series has anything he did ever paid off including his sacrifice against Buu. The episode proved why his pride is important for him, it gives a good explanation for the attack he used against Buu and that the attack wasn't a suicidal attack, it perfectly show cases the strength and how far these characters have come since then, and I loved how it was also a battle of two ideals, Toppo's ideal of saying justice is useless and throw everything he believe's in to win and Vegeta's ideal of the exact opposite that you need to stick with your convictions and what you believe in to win. To top it all off we finally got some interest interaction with Jiren- what people have crying about to months and somehow are now crying cuz "he is a jerk" or whatever.

Was a fantastic episode.
        Would have been more appropriate if I asked this in the episode thread.This episode does have an amazing concept just some things that I don't liked are preventing this to be one of the Best episode, I've definitely find the first half to be weak and the explosion concept is cool in spite of being a callback,it just sucks that it had no lasting consequences for Vegeta.However definitely an improvement over the boring episode that was 119.
        Mostly active on discord.

Baggie_Saiyan
        Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Sun Feb 04, 2018 4:45 pm

The gr wrote:
        Baggie_Saiyan wrote: Finally gave us some fulfilling pay off for Vegeta, up until this point nothing in the series has anything he did ever paid off including his sacrifice against Buu. The episode proved why his pride is important for him, it gives a good explanation for the attack he used against Buu and that the attack wasn't a suicidal attack, it perfectly show cases the strength and how far these characters have come since then, and I loved how it was also a battle of two ideals, Toppo's ideal of saying justice is useless and throw everything he believe's in to win and Vegeta's ideal of the exact opposite that you need to stick with your convictions and what you believe in to win. To top it all off we finally got some interest interaction with Jiren- what people have crying about to months and somehow are now crying cuz "he is a jerk" or whatever.

Was a fantastic episode.
        Would have been more appropriate if I asked this in the episode thread.This episode does have an amazing concept just some things that I don't liked are preventing this to be one of the Best episode, I've definitely find the first half to be weak and the explosion concept is cool in spite of being a callback,it just sucks that it had no lasting consequences for Vegeta.However definitely an improvement over the boring episode that was 119.
        I don't go on the episodes threads anymore anyway. Well there is a consequence for Vegeta he has no shirt or armour, that is something I hope they acknowledge look at how much his armour has endured the whole tournament, he should be more vulnerable now.

FortuneSSJ
        Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:06 pm

- Episode 126 -

Good lord, the writing of this episode was terrible!

The best thing about DBS ending is that Ayumu Hisao won't write more DB anytime soon. Episode 119 was questionable, but this left me speechless. This guy came from nowhere and he's writing some of the worst ToP episodes now that the show is about to end.

The Buu arc flashback felt random and it was definitely longer than it needed to be too.

Some people didn't like episode 124, but this for me is easily the worst episode of the climax.
        Looking forward to the staff list in the next days. I need to cheer up.

Shimanuki next week, judging by character's heads.
        A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Araki
        Advanced Regular

Post by Araki » Sun Feb 04, 2018 6:36 pm

The gr wrote:
          Well, nothing stops him from showing up again to do some kind of work, although probably not a storyboard.
          As for the writing, thought it was ok, Baggie presented some valid points already. It was nowhere near as bad as 119, easily and by far the worst ToP episode to me.

AnimeNation101
          I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:26 pm

According to wiki:

Script - Yoshitaka Toshio
          Storyboard - Masato Mitsuka
          Episode Director - Masato Mitsuka
          Animation Supervisor - Masahiro Shimanuki & Shuuichiro Manabe
          Key Animators - TBA
          2nd Key Animators - TBA

Can someone clarify if this is correct (or at least accurate)?

If so, this should be the episode Toshio said had “Cool Vegeta”. If so, i’d Kinda be disappointed because i though Toshio was making a Vegeta-centric episode and episode 126 was KINDA lackluster but I'm still ok. Also, the animation supervisor line up looks pretty good.
          I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Psykomatik
          Regular

Post by Psykomatik » Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:32 pm

AnimeNation101 wrote:According to wiki:

Key Animators - TBA
          2nd Key Animators - TBA

If so, this should be the episode Toshio said had “Cool Vegeta”. If so, i’d Kinda be disappointed because i though Toshio was making a Vegeta-centric episode and episode 126 was KINDA lackluster but I'm still ok. Also, the animation supervisor line up looks pretty good.
          It's false. 127 will be Kenichi Yamashita; he wrote #120 in the past.
          SB / ED aren't confirmed; neither Manabe is. Shimanuki and Yamashita are the only one 100% confirmed for #127.

AnimeNation101
          I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Sun Feb 04, 2018 7:41 pm

Psykomatik wrote:

Key Animators - TBA
          2nd Key Animators - TBA

SB / ED aren't confirmed; neither Manabe is. Shimanuki and Yamashita are the only one 100% confirmed for #127.
          Thanks for the info. I still do have some questions.

1: Where do get info on who the actual staff is for an episode and how do you know that Yamashita is working on episode 127 as an animation supervisor?

2: Is this guy Yamashita? Link: https://mobile.twitter.com/k_oneyama/st ... 9327164416
          I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

majinwarman
          I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by majinwarman » Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:02 am

AnimeNation101 wrote:
          Psykomatik wrote:

Key Animators - TBA
          2nd Key Animators - TBA

1: Where do get info on who the actual staff is for an episode and how do you know that Yamashita is working on episode 127 as an animation supervisor?

2: Is this guy Yamashita? Link: https://mobile.twitter.com/k_oneyama/st ... 9327164416
          We usually get the information from magazines and Jump magazine previews for the month.
          Majinwarman
          So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."
          A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Psykomatik
          Regular

Post by Psykomatik » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:45 am

AnimeNation101 wrote:
          Psykomatik wrote:

Key Animators - TBA
          2nd Key Animators - TBA

1. Kenichi Yamashita is working on 127 as a writer
          2. Yes

Baggie_Saiyan
          Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Feb 05, 2018 7:35 am

I hope no Manabe. Would be a colossal waste on a fluff episode especially even more since he already did (great) work recently. It's bad enough that Shimanuki is on it.

I'd rather save Manabe for the finale now. But I doubt they'd hold rotating him off until then.

So 4 eps of the ToP left, meaning at least 8 supervision teams we have Shimanuki (on next week), Tate, Manabe, Karasawa then presumably TAP, Nii, Nashizawa & Takahashi.