Super Animation Catalogue 2.0

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

emperior
I Live Here

Re: Super Animation Catalogue 2.0

Post by emperior » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:55 am

I hoped to see better staff in the last episodes, but it seems like we will be getting another Future Trunks arc where the finale is rushed, and the final battle episode is where the very good stuff is.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

TheSaiyanGod
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TheSaiyanGod » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:35 am

Well, it looks like Toshio will be writing EP 128 and Yamamuro will be back in an episode of Vegeta. I hope it means something good.

Do users here consider Toshio a good writer?
I do not remember exactly what episodes he wrote in this tournament, but I know he wrote EP 104, which was a very good episode.

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Thu Feb 08, 2018 10:38 am

Megumi Ishitani's been talking about how she's checking layouts for something at the moment. She's been an uncredited assistant director for much of this tournament. I wonder if she'll actually get to direct her own episode before the series is over. She seriously deserves it.
Follow me on Twitter for countless shitposts.

Deadtuber.

Saikyo no Senshi
Advanced Regular

Post by Saikyo no Senshi » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:17 am

Actually she is credited for assistant direction. It is ridiculous how she has been handling the job for the last 18 episodes nonstop. Maybe, DBS wants to kill her. But, yeah I hope she gets to board and direct.

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Thu Feb 08, 2018 11:23 am

Saikyo no Senshi wrote:Actually she is credited for assistant direction. It is ridiculous how she has been handling the job for the last 18 episodes nonstop. Maybe, DBS wants to kill her. But, yeah I hope she gets to board and direct.
Is she? I was looking for her credits across multiple episodes but couldn't find her. Maybe I'm not familiar with the kanji?

Deadtuber.

Saikyo no Senshi
Advanced Regular

Post by Saikyo no Senshi » Thu Feb 08, 2018 12:05 pm

Yeah, she is credited under 演出助手(assistant enshutsu) and her kanji would be 石谷恵. You can check staff database. They have all credits up to date.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:04 pm

TheSaiyanGod wrote:Well, it looks like Toshio will be writing EP 128 and Yamamuro will be back in an episode of Vegeta. I hope it means something good.

Do users here consider Toshio a good writer?
I do not remember exactly what episodes he wrote in this tournament, but I know he wrote EP 104, which was a very good episode.
As far as character writing goes he is by far the best he wrote, #82, #86, #87, #88, #91, #94, #99, #104, #107, #112 & #121. As you can see a majority of those have emphasis on characters and interactions. Tomioka is probably the best overall as he just gets on with it, he writes action well and there is a reason he gets the plot heavy episodes, example he did all the UI "Omen" episodes and now is doing the Mastered UI episode and more than likely the finale fight too.

I have to wonder though what in the hell has happned to King Ryu? Once was announced to be the series composer now just vanished. Odd.
Last edited by Baggie_Saiyan on Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:07 pm

I hope that if we get a new serie, Tomioka and Toshio will write the majority of the episodes.
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

Saikyo no Senshi
Advanced Regular

Post by Saikyo no Senshi » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:08 pm

King Ryuu was announced as series composer(head writer) during the Universe 6 arc but then got removed for unknown reasons after the end of that arc. He is not a director. He is at the moment busy with new Marvel anime or whatever.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:14 pm

Saikyo no Senshi wrote:King Ryuu was announced as series composer(head writer) during the Universe 6 arc but then got removed for unknown reasons after the end of that arc. He is not a director. He is at the moment busy with new Marvel anime or whatever.
Ah that was the term! I knew it wasn't director. And oh I see... gotta say he's been sorely missed.

Ajay

Post by Ajay » Thu Feb 08, 2018 1:25 pm

Saikyo no Senshi wrote:Yeah, she is credited under 演出助手(assistant enshutsu) and her kanji would be 石谷恵. You can check staff database. They have all credits up to date.
Ah, I see they're relegated to this page:

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

I figured they'd have their own dedicated page or would appear next to the directors.

Thanks!

Deadtuber.

cuartas
Beyond Newbie

Post by cuartas » Thu Feb 08, 2018 3:15 pm

Man, I hope those ultra instinct goku episodes wont be bad, because that would be DISSAPOINTING.
No high hopes for the next 3 weeks, unless there's good KAs helping them

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Feb 08, 2018 4:16 pm

cuartas wrote:Man, I hope those ultra instinct goku episodes wont be bad, because that would be DISSAPOINTING.
No high hopes for the next 3 weeks, unless there's good KAs helping them
I predict UI "Omen" happens and the end of #128 and then Mastered UI will happen towards the end #129 leading into the big #130 fight and the majority of #129 will just be UI "Omen" which should be decent enough, this will be the first time it falls under Ide's CAS.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Thu Feb 08, 2018 5:13 pm

The staff list is "weird", because we don't know what will happen in episode 131.
I'm expecting ToP to be already over by then, but I'm curious how they will end the show. Hopefully everything makes sense when we can see the full picture.

The character designer of this franchise being active in the end is hilarious, considering DBS had 100+ episodes and he's has been missing since the beginning.
Hopefully this means he's not having a heavy role in the new Movie, like he had in ROF.

I liked to have another episode with Nagamine but if he's handling the new Movie like I want him to be, it may not happen, but hopefully Nakamura still does something.

Looks like episode 128 may be the last one from Toshio. I'm freaking tired of redundant Vegeta always talking about his pride over and over, but I trust Toshio do it right.
I would totally let him write the last episode. He's a fantastic writer and I want him back if we ever get a new series.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

AnimeNation101
I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Thu Feb 08, 2018 6:50 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:The staff list is "weird", because we don't know what will happen in episode 131.
I'm expecting ToP to be already over by then, but I'm curious how they will end the show. Hopefully everything makes sense when we can see the full picture.

The character designer of this franchise being active in the end is hilarious, considering DBS had 100+ episodes and he's has been missing since the beginning.
Hopefully this means he's not having a heavy role in the new Movie, like he had in ROF.

I liked to have another episode with Nagamine but if he's handling the new Movie like I want him to be, it may not happen, but hopefully Nakamura still does something.

Looks like episode 128 may be the last one from Toshio. I'm freaking tired of redundant Vegeta always talking about his pride over and over, but I trust Toshio do it right.
I would totally let him write the last episode. He's a fantastic writer and I want him back if we ever get a new series.
Chances are that he is still gonna talk about his pride though. His pride, promise to Cabba, and his family have been the 3 main driving forces for him. Well... 122 was all about his pride, 123 and 126 were more about Cabba and SOME about his family. Maybe 128 is mostly about Vegeta’s drive to protect his family?
I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Thu Feb 08, 2018 8:51 pm

They're toying with my expectations talking about Gokû's feelings for Vegeta welling up inside him. Expertly so. That said they've succeeded; I'm way more excited for the next episode preview than anything else this weekend's episode.

I had no idea King Ryu left officially for another series. They're sorely missed and gave me a number of wonderful episodes of Super. Wishing them the best!
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

The gr
I Live Here

Post by The gr » Thu Feb 08, 2018 9:09 pm

I really wish King Ryu wrote one of these final episodes,he along with tomiaka and toshio are my favorite writers.
    Tadayoshi Yamamuro is back again with a Vegeta episode, this time with a better writer, Toshio never disappointed me aside from 3 episode.
    Mostly active on discord.

DainIronfoot
    OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by DainIronfoot » Fri Feb 09, 2018 3:34 am

Preliminary image from episode 128. Looks like Vegeta gonna get a black eye or something.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Hawk9211
    OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Hawk9211 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 4:48 am

Saikyo no Senshi wrote:King Ryuu was announced as series composer(head writer) during the Universe 6 arc but then got removed for unknown reasons after the end of that arc. He is not a director. He is at the moment busy with new Marvel anime or whatever.
    Damn really,here I was wondering why isn't I am seeing his name in credits.Also can someone answer my question.
    Hawk9211 wrote:Random question.
    Who were the writers for pre tornament episodes(U9) and roshi episodes?
    Why power levels are important?
    The genre and roots of dragon ball

AnimeNation101
    I Live Here

Post by AnimeNation101 » Fri Feb 09, 2018 7:33 am

DainIronfoot wrote:Preliminary image from episode 128. Looks like Vegeta gonna get a black eye or something.

[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
    How will my boy Geets look by the time he’s eliminated? o_0
    I called it that Gogeta, Bardock, and something Broly related would be in the movie before it was even announced that it was a Broly movie. 8)

"I don't think I'm a hero of justice or anythin'. But those who'd hurt my friends... I won't forgive!"