Super Animation Catalogue 2.0

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Firebolt
Beyond Newbie

Re: Super Animation Catalogue 2.0

Post by Firebolt » Sun Feb 25, 2018 8:56 am

That preview looks freakin' amazing! :clap:

So it seems the first part will be animated by Nashizawa,
Karasawa will follow up, then Tate will take over until the the part when Jiren blocks Goku's Kamehameha. After that, Goku's transformation will be animated by Nii, who's art looks absolutely stunning!

I assume that 130 is gonna be a Shida-fest, much like 66. I'm so excited!

cuartas
Beyond Newbie

Post by cuartas » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:01 am

Rabdom User wrote:When I first saw it,I thought,that this is Takahashi,but it's also have Karasawa vibes.
What do you thing,guys?
Karasawa is not someone that uses the classic Z cheek shading, so I'm in a conflict, it could be some takahashi uncredited shots partially corrected by nii?

Rabdom User

Post by Rabdom User » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:46 am

Actually,Yuichi Karasawa used old school Z cheek shading in his latest episode
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:08 pm

That krillin shot is incredible. The only time he looked that good in DBS was in episode 114.
Overall the preview looks awesome, but I'm disappointed Karasawa will be in episode 129 because that means no Karasawa + Takahashi combo for episode 130.

Tate stop being a supervisor and focus more in providing animation for the last episodes is a smart choice.
Hopefully Manabe gets episode 130 then and I totally expect Shida to pop up, of course.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Amir
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Amir » Sun Feb 25, 2018 12:28 pm

Hopefully Tate delivers with another 110-like cut and someone like Yamamuro corrects him.

majinwarman
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by majinwarman » Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:29 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:That krillin shot is incredible. The only time he looked that good in DBS was in episode 114.
Overall the preview looks awesome, but I'm disappointed Karasawa will be in episode 129 because that means no Karasawa + Takahashi combo for episode 130.

Tate stop being a supervisor and focus more in providing animation for the last episodes is a smart choice.
Hopefully Manabe gets episode 130 then and I totally expect Shida to pop up, of course.
I wonder who will direct and storyboard episode 130.
Majinwarman
So I'm 'evil', huh? Interesting."

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Sun Feb 25, 2018 4:30 pm

Rabdom User wrote:Actually,Yuichi Karasawa used old school Z cheek shading in his latest episode
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]
I think that Karasawa has been inspired by Takahashi to do more Z-like designs and drawings.
Majinwarman

Draconic
I Live Here

Post by Draconic » Sun Feb 25, 2018 5:05 pm

Since between the last week and this one we had a pretty drastic correction of that MUI Goku at the end, I think it's entirely possible more changes could befall it until the actual episode, so I don't think people who loved the shading in the first version ought to be worried. We know new forms are a big focus for the animators (can't remember who said that the staff makes sure those are the best they can be, even when episodes aren't that special) and I think with a week still to go, it's going to be truly special.
Check out the videos below, made by yours truly!

Goku vs Beerus BOG/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/kKKnMe

Vegeta vs Freeza ROF/Super mash-up https://gofile.io/d/MKPepW

jeffbr92
Advanced Regular

Post by jeffbr92 » Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:42 pm

Firebolt wrote:I assume that 130 is gonna be a Shida-fest, much like 66. I'm so excited!
I'm excited for that too, hope he and Tate deliver once more!
Power levels are not just big numbers:

by Doctor.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Mon Feb 26, 2018 4:22 am

majinwarman wrote:
FortuneSSJ wrote:That krillin shot is incredible. The only time he looked that good in DBS was in episode 114.

Hopefully Nagamine. That would truly make for an incredible episode.

Rally 07
Beyond Newbie

Post by Rally 07 » Mon Feb 26, 2018 11:02 am

jeffbr92 wrote: I'm excited for that too, hope he and Tate deliver once more!
Oh yes me too. I absolutely love Naoki Tate's animation and movement. He'd be great to in this ultimate showdown between Gokou and Jiren.

Artorias
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Artorias » Tue Feb 27, 2018 2:53 am

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
majinwarman wrote:

Hopefully Nagamine. That would truly make for an incredible episode.
Isn't that very likely at this point? Since they're already using Mitsuka for 129, it seems like Nagamine is all that's left. It'd be really bizarre to blow your load on 129 and then just bring in some random standard director to do the finale.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:07 am

Artorias wrote:Isn't that very likely at this point? Since they're already using Mitsuka for 129, it seems like Nagamine is all that's left. It'd be really bizarre to blow your load on 129 and then just bring in some random standard director to do the finale.
It does but never expect the expected from Toei! I am still remaining cautiously optimistic on #130 for now until the NEP. Fortunately #130 also benefits from another week's break too, so I'd assume Yamamuro and Tsuji will be all hands on trying to polish the episode as much as possible and that will give Ide an extra week to polish/correct #131 too thus hopefully not making it a #67. These breaks aren't for holidays so that is pretty re-assuring means most staff should be available.

FartiliciousManChild
Not-So-Newbie

Post by FartiliciousManChild » Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:20 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Artorias wrote:Isn't that very likely at this point? Since they're already using Mitsuka for 129, it seems like Nagamine is all that's left. It'd be really bizarre to blow your load on 129 and then just bring in some random standard director to do the finale.
It does but never expect the expected from Toei! I am still remaining cautiously optimistic on #130 for now until the NEP. Fortunately #130 also benefits from another week's break too, so I'd assume Yamamuro and Tsuji will be all hands on trying to polish the episode as much as possible and that will give Ide an extra week to polish/correct #131 too thus hopefully not making it a #67. These breaks aren't for holidays so that is pretty re-assuring means most staff should be available.
This brings me to the question: why did Super even go on a break?, especially if it wasnt due to a holiday or something.
How i got into this shit:

majinwarman

Post by majinwarman » Tue Feb 27, 2018 7:36 pm

Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
Let's hope at least.
Majinwarman

BlueBasilisk
I Live Here

Post by BlueBasilisk » Tue Feb 27, 2018 8:06 pm

FartiliciousManChild wrote:
Baggie_Saiyan wrote:
This brings me to the question: why did Super even go on a break?, especially if it wasnt due to a holiday or something.
Fuji tv broadcasts the Tokyo and Nagoya Womens' Marathons

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Thu Mar 01, 2018 7:13 pm

Well crap. Bandai updated their website with finalized listings for March gashapon and sadly no good UI Goku art because there is no promo art period strangely, but here's a better look at the previous SSGSS promo art though.

Shit promo artist is running rampant with UI Goku currently it's worrying...

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:45 am

I'm so hoping Takahashi shows up one more time for 130. I don't know what the odds of that are, but I want to hope.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Rally 07
Beyond Newbie

Post by Rally 07 » Fri Mar 02, 2018 12:50 pm

Chuquita wrote:I'm so hoping Takahashi shows up one more time for 130. I don't know what the odds of that are, but I want to hope.
I think we all do. Takahashi even being in the staff lists for upcoming episodes, already spreads hype throughout the fandom. Hopefully Takahashi does return before the end of the Tournament of Power, because I'd love to save around 50 more screenshots of each frame in his episode.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Fri Mar 02, 2018 1:22 pm

Rally 07 wrote:
Chuquita wrote:I'm so hoping Takahashi shows up one more time for 130. I don't know what the odds of that are, but I want to hope.
I think we all do. Takahashi even being in the staff lists for upcoming episodes, already spreads hype throughout the fandom. Hopefully Takahashi does return before the end of the Tournament of Power, because I'd love to save around 50 more screenshots of each frame in his episode.
His artwork is so amazing! I'm happy Takahashi's in his early 30's because that means he could influence the character art on DB for projects to come. He's already inspired other artists on Super; my hope for when Super returns from hiatus is for it to have more of that late Z era look to it.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!