U6 Tournament, Predictions on who will fight who.

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

DainIronfoot
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: U6 Tournament, Predictions on who will fight who.

Post by DainIronfoot » Tue Jan 26, 2016 1:52 pm

LongLostSaiyan wrote:
DainIronfoot wrote:
Basaku wrote: I don't think he will go the exact same ss4 design like GT. If they do use the design, it'd have to be without the tail because judging from the dialogue in the newest chapter, I doubt his transformation will include something they have evolved into not having.

As for the fights, I still have a feeling it's going to end up with Beerus counting on Monaka to clean up. I'm thinking though, imagine Monaka isn't as strong as he used to be and loses his first fight. Another possibility is, he blows away all the Uni6 fighters making Beerus happy and cocktails until he loses to Hit, making everyone go :0!

In order for there to be any sort of tension in this arc there has to be some close fights and wins from both sides, its not going to be very fun if one member wipes the floor with anothers team now is it? I actually think that whichever team wins a round the other team will win the next and it will go on like this until one team eventually wins.

I would think it would go like this if there is no tagging out.

Goku vs Botamo - Goku Wins without going SSGSS

Magetta steps in to face Goku

Magetta vs Goku - Magetta wins as he has an ability to suck God ki out of people... rendering the SSGSS form useless, this forces Goku to use his regular super saiyan 1,2,3 forms but he gets worn out and loses.

Piccolo steps in for Goku

Piccolo Vs Magetta - Piccolo wins with his sheer strategy and finds a weakness in the metalman.

Frost steps in for Magetta

Frost vs Piccolo - Frost wins maybe showcasing his second transformation and beating Piccolo

Vegeta steps in for Piccolo

Frost vs Vegeta - Vegeta wins and beats Frost in his final form.

Kabe steps in for Frost

Kabe vs Vegeta - Kabe wins after busting out his transformation and being too fast and powerful.

Monaka steps in for Vegeta.

Monaka vs Kabe - Monaka wins

Hit steps in for Kabe.

Hit vs Monaka - ? (interruption, disqualification... Hit reveals evil intentions, knocks out Monaka, Goku fights Hit)
True, but remember this is Toriyama. Also, most people think the tournament is going to be interrupted leading into the true story of the arc itself.

I like your predictions on the fights though.

LongLostSaiyan
Not-So-Newbie

Post by LongLostSaiyan » Wed Jan 27, 2016 10:01 pm

If I recall people were right about the unpredictable nature of toriyama, If you look at my predictions me and a few others all pinned Buu vs Botamo. But he mixed it up and it was Goku vs Botamo instead.. At least we know the order they are fighting in.. if only we know the other teams order we could make some predictions.

emperior
I Live Here

Post by emperior » Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:15 am

It's difficult and almost impossible to predict what will happen considering Toriyama's unpredictability, but it would be awesome to see Cabba having a completely new transformation line. We can't base our predictions on the marketing alone, as Buu was shown as part of the team and everyone thought he would fight Botamo, even though many people as myself predicted he would fail the written test (google Chekhov's gun)
My prediction is that Monaka won't even have to fight (as hinted in his character description) so that's why he is the latest in the team picture. It's also probable U6 characters pic has the fighters from the strongest to the weakest (strongest Hit, weakest Botamo) but it could very well end up differently.

I will try to predict battles for fun:

1 - Goku vs Botamo, Goku wins without transforming
2 - Goku vs Magetta, Goku still wins without needing to transform
3 - Goku vs Frost, Goku wins transforming against Frost's last transformation (he will skip all the others a la Freezer). The fight will be long and balanced, Goku will win but will be really worn down
4 - Goku vs Cabba, Cabba wins easily against a tired and injured Goku
5 - Piccolo vs Cabba, Cabba still wins. Maybe Piccolo gets wrecked, maybe Piccolo has new powers so the fight can be balanced
6 - Vegeta vs Cabba, Vegeta wrecks Cabba
7 - Vegeta vs Hit, Hit wins
8 - Monaka vs Hit ??? my guess would be Hit wins
?
9 - I personally hope Gohan steps in after he has trained and showcases his new powers wrecking the shit out of Hit

This prediction will probably turn out to be 100% wrong lol
悟 “Vincit qui se vincit”

What I consider canonical

dbgtFO
Kicks it Old-School

Post by dbgtFO » Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:20 am

Prediction:

Fight 1: Goku vs Botamo, Goku wins without using SSB.
Fight 2: Goku vs Magetta, Magetta somehow manages to beat Goku.
Fight 3: Piccolo vs Magetta, Piccolo sees through Magetta's trick and wins.
Fight 4: Piccolo vs Frost, Piccolo fights on par with Frost's first form, but Frost transforms into his final form and beats Piccolo.
Fight 5: Vegeta vs Frost, Vegeta beats Frost.
Fight 6: Vegeta vs Cabba, Cabba is either a very strong base Saiyan or he also has SSB, but Vegeta still manages to win.
Fight 7: Vegeta vs Hit, Hit easily beats Vegeta.
Fight 8: Monaka vs Hit, Hit once again manages to win.

Not wanting to lose so easily Beerus says it was unfair as he only had 4 fighters. Champa, knowing full well that Monaka was the best Beerus had to offer gives him permission to have a 5th U7 fighter enter the fray.

And the 5th U7 fighter is: From here all bets are off!

Pannaliciour
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Pannaliciour » Sun Jan 31, 2016 11:31 am

Hmm, I think Champa wont stay at the tournament when he finds out that his team is about to lose. He will find the last dragon ball and then who knows what happens.

apex_pretador
I Live Here

Post by apex_pretador » Mon Feb 01, 2016 8:33 am

Pannaliciour wrote:Hmm, I think Champa wont stay at the tournament when he finds out that his team is about to lose. He will find the last dragon ball and then who knows what happens.
Or he already knows about last super DB, and is just hiding it ?
My dragon ball respect threads
Respect Piccolo
Respect Tao Pai Pai
Respect Freeza

saunasolmu
Beyond Newbie

Post by saunasolmu » Mon Feb 01, 2016 10:27 am

apex_pretador wrote: Or he already knows about last super DB, and is just hiding it ?
He was shown searching the last one with Vados.

There's nothing implying that Champa would be plotting anything dubious here. Aside from maybe trying to use some cheap way to win the tournament. If his plan would be to wish anything else than switching the Earths, his actions so far would be very illogical. Whatever he was originally planning to do with the Dragon Balls clearly isn't as important to him as getting U7 Earth. That's literally the only thing he can possibly gain from this tournament, Beerus' admission to switch the Earths.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 11:49 am

So apparantly it was implied that this was a Baba sort of tournament right.. Which means that if the first fighter wins he gets to fight the next fighter and the next fighter until he loses at some point.. Which means that Vegeta and Monaka and the others won't get to fight if Goku keeps winning..
Why!?? This has me worried. Because i know they want to give Monaka and the others a chance too. Which seems to imply that Goku will lose at some point.. Which is just... Grrr! That would really piss me of to no end. Because no Fodder Aliens should be able to match Goku at this point! Goku is a legendary Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan with a whole 3 years of training in the RoSaT on top of it! I expect no canon fodder to be able to take Goku (who should arguably be Beerus level at this point) out.

If they really do that than they have lost my respect. And i couldn't be more happy until this arc is over and they will introduce new Gods of Destruction (real worthy opponents for Goku and Vegeta) to appear.

Neon Z
Advanced Regular

Post by Neon Z » Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:16 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote:So apparantly it was implied that this was a Baba sort of tournament right.. Which means that if the first fighter wins he gets to fight the next fighter and the next fighter until he loses at some point.. Which means that Vegeta and Monaka and the others won't get to fight if Goku keeps winning..
Why!?? This has me worried. Because i know they want to give Monaka and the others a chance too. Which seems to imply that Goku will lose at some point.. Which is just... Grrr! That would really piss me of to no end. Because no Fodder Aliens should be able to match Goku at this point! Goku is a legendary Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan with a whole 3 years of training in the RoSaT on top of it! I expect no canon fodder to be able to take Goku (who should arguably be Beerus level at this point) out.

If they really do that than they have lost my respect. And i couldn't be more happy until this arc is over and they will introduce new Gods of Destruction (real worthy opponents for Goku and Vegeta) to appear.
The whole point of introducing alternate universes is getting away from the statements tying down Universe 7. They can once again introduce random aliens that can fight on par or above Goku without resorting to loopholes, since there's nothing established about the general power levels in Universe 6. If they don't do that, the whole alternate universe gimmick ends up pointless.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 12:33 pm

Neon Z wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote:So apparantly it was implied that this was a Baba sort of tournament right.. Which means that if the first fighter wins he gets to fight the next fighter and the next fighter until he loses at some point.. Which means that Vegeta and Monaka and the others won't get to fight if Goku keeps winning..

The whole point of introducing alternate universes is getting away from the statements tying down Universe 7. They can once again introduce random aliens that can fight on par or above Goku without resorting to loopholes, since there's nothing established about the general power levels in Universe 6. If they don't do that, the whole alternate universe gimmick ends up pointless.
Uhm we already have a God of Destruction for Universe 6. His name is Champa and he is weaker than Beerus. And he should(going by his title) logically be the strongest being of his Universe. (Minus Vados ofcourse)

jcogginsa
Advanced Regular

Post by jcogginsa » Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:19 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote: Uhm we already have a God of Destruction for Universe 6. His name is Champa and he is weaker than Beerus. And he should(going by his title) logically be the strongest being of his Universe. (Minus Vados ofcourse)
Goku is also weaker than Beerus, but we have no idea how strong he is compared to Champa. Nor is it an actual rule that the God of Destruction is the strongest being in a universe. By his title, Kami should have been the strongest fighter on earth, and King Kai should have been the strongest fighter in the northern galaxies. They weren't

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 1:54 pm

jcogginsa wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote: Uhm we already have a God of Destruction for Universe 6. His name is Champa and he is weaker than Beerus. And he should(going by his title) logically be the strongest being of his Universe. (Minus Vados ofcourse)
Goku is also weaker than Beerus, but we have no idea how strong he is compared to Champa. Nor is it an actual rule that the God of Destruction is the strongest being in a universe. By his title, Kami should have been the strongest fighter on earth, and King Kai should have been the strongest fighter in the northern galaxies. They weren't
That logic doesn't work in this case here. It doesn't make any sense at all.
All the other Gods you mentioned were normal run of the mill gods. Whose job didn't require ANY physical strength to go along with it.. Characters can only get so strong in a universe until they hit some wall. And now seems to be the right time. Beerus is a god of DESTRUCTION. Don't you get it? He NEEDS to be the strongest in order to fulfill his job. And to make sure no one gets in his way. Since he has to do it for the universe's balance. And that's where Whis comes in. He's the one who keeps him in check. And so the creators empowered him appropriately to stay ahead of Beerus. He's a God of Strength. A God of Physical power. Unlike the ones you mentioned who's purpose is to watch over and create. No need to posses any physical strength for them. Champa is the God of Destruction for universe 6 and happens to be weaker than Beerus. And Vados should be the only one allowed to be superior to him. (In order to keep him in check) since Teacher>Student.
I don't care wheter it's boring for you guys or not. As long as it makes sense and is logical from a story point of view about power levels. And i personally don't think it's boring at all. Since we still have 10 other different universes with other Gods of Destruction. (I'm so excited for their designs! XD) i can't wait.

"Destroyer Gods!" Destroying planets, stars, life, Solar Systems and Galaxies etc. on a regular basis REQUIERS a tremendous amount of power..

Neon Z
Advanced Regular

Post by Neon Z » Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:14 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote: Champa is the God of Destruction for universe 6 and happens to be weaker than Beerus. And Vados should be the only one allowed to be superior to him. (In order to keep him in check) since Teacher>Student.I don't care wheter it's boring for you guys or not. As long as it makes sense and is logical from a story point of view about power levels. And i personally don't think it's boring at all. Since we still have 10 other different universes with other Gods of Destruction. (I'm so excited for their designs! XD) i can't wait.

"Destroyer Gods!" Destroying planets, stars, life, Solar Systems and Galaxies etc. on a regular basis REQUIERS a tremendous amount of power..
But Champa is portrayed as lazy and out of shape. He might be just bad at his job, which could allow the existence of someone above him that isn't Vados.

Besides, you were the one posting about how you're worried Goku might be defeated by one of the non-god warriors from Universe 6 - even though that doesn't mean they'd above Champa either.

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Thu Feb 04, 2016 2:58 pm

Neon Z wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote: Champa is the God of Destruction for universe 6 and happens to be weaker than Beerus. And Vados should be the only one allowed to be superior to him. (In order to keep him in check) since Teacher>Student.I don't care wheter it's boring for you guys or not. As long as it makes sense and is logical from a story point of view about power levels. And i personally don't think it's boring at all. Since we still have 10 other different universes with other Gods of Destruction. (I'm so excited for their designs! XD) i can't wait.

But Champa is portrayed as lazy and out of shape. He might be just bad at his job, which could allow the existence of someone above him that isn't Vados.

Besides, you were the one posting about how you're worried Goku might be defeated by one of the non-god warriors from Universe 6 - even though that doesn't mean they'd above Champa either.
Well he may be lazy, low stamina. Slow. But he certainly has a lot of strength. As shown in episode 28 of Super. And as for Goku. Well it was bad enough i had to swallow Golden Freeza and that damned Monaka. If it was my call i wouldn't allow anyone to be stronger than SSG Goku. Let alone SSGSS Goku.. But it is what it is. And there's nothing i can do about it. But you have to take into account that Goku has trained for 3 years straight in the rosat. So i would be really Really damn surprised if he still isn't on Beerus's or Champa's level yet.

jcogginsa
Advanced Regular

Post by jcogginsa » Thu Feb 04, 2016 10:14 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote: That logic doesn't work in this case here. It doesn't make any sense at all.
All the other Gods you mentioned were normal run of the mill gods. Whose job didn't require ANY physical strength to go along with it.. Characters can only get so strong in a universe until they hit some wall. And now seems to be the right time. Beerus is a god of DESTRUCTION. Don't you get it? He NEEDS to be the strongest in order to fulfill his job. And to make sure no one gets in his way. Since he has to do it for the universe's balance. And that's where Whis comes in. He's the one who keeps him in check. And so the creators empowered him appropriately to stay ahead of Beerus. He's a God of Strength. A God of Physical power. Unlike the ones you mentioned who's purpose is to watch over and create. No need to posses any physical strength for them. Champa is the God of Destruction for universe 6 and happens to be weaker than Beerus. And Vados should be the only one allowed to be superior to him. (In order to keep him in check) since Teacher>Student.
I don't care wheter it's boring for you guys or not. As long as it makes sense and is logical from a story point of view about power levels. And i personally don't think it's boring at all. Since we still have 10 other different universes with other Gods of Destruction. (I'm so excited for their designs! XD) i can't wait.

Beerus isn't even the strongest character in Universe 7. There has been no statement that "The God of Destruction must be the strongest one in the universe." That's just your assumption

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Fri Feb 05, 2016 7:54 am

jcogginsa wrote:
GodVegetto91 wrote: That logic doesn't work in this case here. It doesn't make any sense at all.

Beerus isn't even the strongest character in Universe 7. There has been no statement that "The God of Destruction must be the strongest one in the universe." That's just your assumption
You're wrong on so many levels. Beerus IS the strongest in the universe. (Minus Whis for obvious reasons) which i've already stated (twice)
And even after introducing a new form for Goku (SSGSS) and introducing Golden Freeza and Monaka(who's even stronger than all of them) the mighty God of Destruction himself is still on top!
It's called logic.
But like i've already stated Goku and Vegeta will eventually surpass Beerus logically. Since they're:
1. The main Characters!
2. They're Saiyans which means they're a growing race who can endlessly keep getting stronger through training and zenkai's and battles etc. Plus they are Gods now just like Beerus.
They are Gods of a Warrior Race. Which means they're gods of strength. Much like Destroyer Gods.
Saiyan Gods. And Destroyer Gods! That's what i love about it.

Akira Toriyama's own comment.

"That's right. The strongest in the universe. As a matter of fact since there is nothing higher!"

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/translations/ ... cial-talk/

Also there's a reason why Beerus & Champa aren't allowed to fight eachother anymore. Or paticipate in the tournament matches either..

Dragon Ball Super Episode 28:

Whis: "Two Gods of Destruction must never fight one another!"

Vados: "Such a fight would mean annihilation for both universes 6 & 7! Surely you must know this!"

As you can see that is exactly the reason why they handpicked fighters from across their respective universes. Since they won't be strong enough to send shockwaves that could threathen universes 6 & 7.

jcogginsa
Advanced Regular

Post by jcogginsa » Fri Feb 05, 2016 12:01 pm

GodVegetto91 wrote: You're wrong on so many levels. Beerus IS the strongest in the universe. (Minus Whis for obvious reasons) which i've already stated (twice)
And even after introducing a new form for Goku (SSGSS) and introducing Golden Freeza and Monaka(who's even stronger than all of them) the mighty God of Destruction himself is still on top!
It's called logic.
But like i've already stated Goku and Vegeta will eventually surpass Beerus logically. Since they're:
1. The main Characters!
2. They're Saiyans which means they're a growing race who can endlessly keep getting stronger through training and zenkai's and battles etc. Plus they are Gods now just like Beerus.
They are Gods of a Warrior Race. Which means they're gods of strength. Much like Destroyer Gods.
Saiyan Gods. And Destroyer Gods! That's what i love about it.

Akira Toriyama's own comment.

"That's right. The strongest in the universe. As a matter of fact since there is nothing higher!"

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/translations/ ... cial-talk/

Also there's a reason why Beerus & Champa aren't allowed to fight eachother anymore. Or paticipate in the tournament matches either..

Dragon Ball Super Episode 28:

Whis: "Two Gods of Destruction must never fight one another!"

Vados: "Such a fight would mean annihilation for both universes 6 & 7! Surely you must know this!"

As you can see that is exactly the reason why they handpicked fighters from across their respective universes. Since they won't be strong enough to send shockwaves that could threathen universes 6 & 7.
So Beerus is "The strongest in universe 7, not counting the guy who is stronger than him"

Your interview quote is
A) About Beerus only, not Gods of Destruction
B) Not true, since Beerus is not as strong as Whis

Face it: "Gods of Destruction must be the strongest in their universe" Is just something that you assumed. It's not an actual rule

Ozotto
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ozotto » Sat Feb 06, 2016 4:20 pm

What if Universe 6 is the universe Bardock was sent to when Frieza "killed" him?
Bardock killed Frieza's ancestor Chilled, so Frieza was never born.
Beerus wasn't the God of Universe 6, so even if Frieza was born, he may have not been the lackey of destruction.
Frieza's race may not be naturally evil, perhaps Frieza's linage just was?
So Frost could be good.
Bardock put forth a positive influence over the Saiyans of the past, since he was the strongest.
Saiyans became a good race.
King Piccolo destroyed the Earth.
Goku was never sent there, perhaps never even born...
No one could stop King Piccolo, that's why Earth is dead.
Goku's self in universe 6 may not even be close to as a strong as the real Goku is, because the life experiences aren't the same.
Although it's like Goku doesn't exist, if Bardock didn't live long enough to father him with his mother.
Unless Bardock is his own grandfather? Or perhaps Bardock's linage exist separately, or not at all?

My mind is blown.

Gotenks150

Post by Gotenks150 » Sat Feb 06, 2016 11:57 pm

Predictions:

Goku vs Botamo, Goku wins (k.O)
Goku vs Frost, frost wins (ring out)
Piccolos vs Frost, Frost toys with piccolo then gets serious and instantly knocks him out. (K.O)
Vegeta vs Frost, Frost goes final form and fights evenly with ssg vegete. Vegeta wins with a technique he came up with during his training. (K.O)
Vegeta vs Magetta, Vegeta at first toys with him but gets serious when magetta proves to be a problem. vegeta wins. (Give up-gag or K.O)
Vegeta vs Cabba, Even fight. But Cabba manages an upset. (ring out)
Cabba vs Monaka, Monaka acts silly, and gets hit a few times. Cabba underestimating Monaka, loses when monaka gets serious. (ring out)
Monaka vs Hit, close fight, monaka transforms or uses a strange technique that catches Hit off guard.(ring out) Note: Hit doesnt get to use his full strengh.

Champa hands over the super dragon balls. but then later steals them when beerus with bulmas help, finds the remaining dragon balls.. Universe 7 earth still ends up getting switched universe 6.

Champa also uses the super dragon ball to gain more power than beerus, and goes crazy with POOOWER. then its up to vegeta and goku to defeat him and become the new god of destruction of universe 6. But first they must deal with hit who is the big villian of universe 6. Or Hit is actually a loyal minion of champa, which eveer either way they must deal with him first.

In the end Goku and vegeta are forced to team up against champa, and win. when ask to be the new god of destruction vegeta declines, however goku accepts when told he can eat whenever and fight /train with whoever.

EOZ retonned.
Just like Your mother! ;)

Dont be jelly my looks gets me all the punany hehe

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Sun Feb 07, 2016 8:56 am

I have a feeling Goku is going to beat Botamo in a long and hard battle, and then Frost is gonna pound Goku into the dirt and will do the same to Piccolo, to emphasise what a threat he is.