U6 Tournament, Predictions on who will fight who.

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Re: U6 Tournament, Predictions on who will fight who.

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:54 am

Lord Beerus wrote:I have a feeling Goku is going to beat Botamo in a long and hard battle, and then Frost is gonna pound Goku into the dirt and will do the same to Piccolo, to emphasise what a threat he is.
as i have said before i doubt that will happen because it will then be 4 vs 2 and vegeta will have to win 2 just to bring it level
so piccolo should win

IM21
Banned

Post by IM21 » Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:59 am

I don't get it why almost everyone thinks Piccolo will be destroyed... Not all of the fighters from U6 have to be stronger or on par with Goku/Vegeta. What if Frost is just on someone like the Androids lv? I think it will be an interesting fight and that Frost will be better and probably win, but it won't be easy... at least I hope so.... If Piccolo gets one shoted then this show just need to stop. If I wanted to watch a show that jerks off on Goku all the time I can just go watch GT.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Sun Feb 07, 2016 11:42 am

IM21 wrote:I don't get it why almost everyone thinks Piccolo will be destroyed... Not all of the fighters from U6 have to be stronger or on par with Goku/Vegeta. What if Frost is just on someone like the Androids lv? I think it will be an interesting fight and that Frost will be better and probably win, but it won't be easy... at least I hope so.... If Piccolo gets one shoted then this show just need to stop. If I wanted to watch a show that jerks off on Goku all the time I can just go watch GT.
I agree that people are taking for certain that everybody will be God tier, I doubt Piccolo would be there just to be finished in seconds. I disagree on the Goku jerk fest. In Super he only lost, besides the kill Freeza which is without merit.

FTW395
Not-So-Newbie

Post by FTW395 » Sun Feb 07, 2016 12:39 pm

I assume Piccolo's going to undergo some serious training from Whis or ROSAT. Otherwise he'll be fodder tier compared to Goku/Vegeta.

ArchedThunder
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ArchedThunder » Sun Feb 07, 2016 7:06 pm

FTW395 wrote:I assume Piccolo's going to undergo some serious training from Whis or ROSAT. Otherwise he'll be fodder tier compared to Goku/Vegeta.
He's not.

omaro34
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by omaro34 » Sun Feb 07, 2016 9:30 pm

ArchedThunder wrote:
FTW395 wrote:I assume Piccolo's going to undergo some serious training from Whis or ROSAT. Otherwise he'll be fodder tier compared to Goku/Vegeta.
He's not.
Piccolo declined an invitation to train with Goku and Vegeta in this most recent episode, which agitated many fans including myself. There's a long discussion on there in the episode 30 forum.

The rules are set in elimination, if one fighter from one team loses another member steps in, similar to the Fortuneteller Baba tournament in Dragonball. So if Piccolo fights Frost in episode 34, does this mean Goku loses? Because there's no way Piccolo steps in unless Goku loses, that's how it works.
"Kami is the Morgan Freeman of Dragonball Z"

Check out my Piccolo page: https://www.facebook.com/PiccoloTheSuperNamek/?ref=hl

Basaku

Post by Basaku » Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:18 am

Would there even be a no point in deciding an order if tagging out was allowed? I'm thinking Goku wins with Botamo, then gets defeated by Frosty to make it the opposite of win against Freeza and ep 34 ends with Piccolo moving in (with any actual fighting not till episode 35).

Sodhi
I Live Here

Post by Sodhi » Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:25 am

Basaku wrote:Would there even be a no point in deciding an order if tagging out was allowed? I'm thinking Goku wins with Botamo, then gets defeated by Frosty to make it the opposite of win against Freeza and ep 34 ends with Piccolo moving in (with any actual fighting not till episode 35).
Thats what I was thinking but the makankosappo part confused me.

Basaku

Post by Basaku » Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:29 am

Sodhi wrote:makankosappo
A what? :wtf:

Sodhi
I Live Here

Post by Sodhi » Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:35 am

Basaku wrote:
For dubbies special beam cannon.

Basaku

Post by Basaku » Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:39 am

Sodhi wrote:
Basaku wrote:
For dubbies special beam cannon.
Ahh u mean Piccolo's attack? In my case u would have to try bad Polish translation based on a clunky French dub name :P Even then I could never mremember attack names :P

Wezenheim
Advanced Regular

Post by Wezenheim » Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:44 am

Sodhi wrote:
Basaku wrote:Would there even be a no point in deciding an order if tagging out was allowed? I'm thinking Goku wins with Botamo, then gets defeated by Frosty to make it the opposite of win against Freeza and ep 34 ends with Piccolo moving in (with any actual fighting not till episode 35).
Thats what I was thinking but the makankosappo part confused me.
The Makankosappo thing for episode 34 has me a little bit confused as well. "Bet everything on the Makankosappo" sounds like it's either just a vague title that's a funny way of saying "Bet everything on Piccolo" or it might mean that it the Makankosappo will be used (or charged up at the end of the episode) out of desperation.

If Piccolo does use the Makankosappo though, I imagine that it will perhaps be used to break some kind of "transformation armor" (which might actually be a useful way to utilize Piccolo's abilities and explain why he is fighting after Goku if he isn't strong enough to put up a good fight) or perhaps he will aim for the leg or something to try and incapacitate Frost. If Piccolo is near Frost in strength somehow, the Makankosappo would probably kill him and I don't think Piccolo would even risk using it if that were the case. The stakes of the tournament aren't even high enough to warrant such a thing, and I'm pretty sure killing isn't allowed.

So... who knows? If Goku actually loses to Frost and doesn't lose in a silly way to Botamo or tie, the best scenario for Piccolo is that his Makankosappo actually makes Frost open for attacks. In a perfect world, Goku will lose before fighting Frost, Frost and Piccolo will have a good match before he transforms, and Piccolo gets rid of some sort of armor/shield before Vegeta steps in. Who knows, maybe Piccolo could win on his own. That could be a good way to approach Piccolo's involvement if he hasn't received some kind of significant power boost by the time the tournament starts.

Still, the problem with my theory is that I don't know if the Makankosappo can be controlled enough to just pierce through armor or a shield without completely going through the person as well. There might have been instances where it has been used in such a way, but my memory isn't good enough to think of any right now. I personally was surprised that Piccolo wasn't going to fight Magetta, because I thought that he'd be an opponent my theory could apply to.
Last edited by Wezenheim on Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

jcogginsa
Advanced Regular

Post by jcogginsa » Mon Feb 08, 2016 12:47 am

I doubt the Makankosappou would kill a Frost Demon

Wezenheim
Advanced Regular

Post by Wezenheim » Mon Feb 08, 2016 1:20 am

jcogginsa wrote:I doubt the Makankosappou would kill a Frost Demon
Hm, you have a point about that. Freeza and Cooler (if you want to count him) have survived worse. Still, it seems like a fairly extreme attack in a tournament like this, but then again so do some of the other attacks that have been used in past Dragon Ball tournaments. I dunno, I'm probably just overthinking it. For all I know, Piccolo will just use it as a last ditch effort and it will just be knocked away.

brellawishes

Post by brellawishes » Mon Feb 08, 2016 4:53 am

So has it been confirmed exactly how the tournament is going to work? I don't want to assume that it works the same as Baba's Tournament off of Goku's statement alone.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:19 am

After episode 30 i think because beerus said he has not seen monaka in a long time means that monaka has got a lot weaker
and so
botamo vs goku is a draw
piccolo beats frost
piccolo then injures magetta but loses
vegeta then finishes magetta off
vegeta then beats cabe but loses to hit
and then monaka get beaten easy by hit and it shocks everyone

LongLostSaiyan
Not-So-Newbie

Post by LongLostSaiyan » Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:22 pm

Booya, My Prediction on Frost V Piccolo was right.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:28 am

why is no one taking into consideration that if piccolo loses then it will be 4 vs 2 and vegeta will have to win 2 to just bring it level especially as everyone for some reason believes that frost cabe and hit are really powerful

Lionel
I Live Here

Post by Lionel » Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:50 am

namekiansaiyan wrote:why is no one taking into consideration that if piccolo loses then it will be 4 vs 2 and vegeta will have to win 2 to just bring it level especially as everyone for some reason believes that frost cabe and hit are really powerful
I think most of us are expecting Goku to win his fight against Botamo or at the very least force a draw (which would be a first for this series when you think about it). If the latter happens then Piccolo will be up next. He may very likely lose, leaving Vegeta to defeat Frost. That might make the numbers look disjointed, but keep in mind that Champa's initial projections of Goku and Vegeta were distorted by the fact that they were in basic form with heavily weighted clothes on. I think it's pretty clear that Champa underestimated Beerus's team since his first fighter is being treated mostly like a joke by Goku. Also, one of the big names for the tournament right now is Monaka. He's very likely to get a second match after making an impression in the first.

With this tournament having been modeled after Baba's, who is to say that it won't mirror even more attributes of that event by having the strongest character on our main team partake in three matches? The first two opponents -- Fangs the Vampire and the Invisible Man -- were defeated by the others, then Yamcha tried his hand against the third and lost. It's possible that Vegeta could lose against whoever comes third. That leaves Monaka to handle the rest. Ideally, with Cabba looking to be the most probable opponent for Vegeta, maybe they could also tie or Vegeta wins but is left too exhausted to continue on.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Tue Feb 09, 2016 5:55 am

Lionel wrote:
namekiansaiyan wrote:why is no one taking into consideration that if piccolo loses then it will be 4 vs 2 and vegeta will have to win 2 to just bring it level especially as everyone for some reason believes that frost cabe and hit are really powerful
I think most of us are expecting Goku to win his fight against Botamo or at the very least force a draw (which would be a first for this series when you think about it). If the latter happens then Piccolo will be up next. He may very likely lose, leaving Vegeta to defeat Frost. That might make the numbers look disjointed, but keep in mind that Champa's initial projections of Goku and Vegeta were distorted by the fact that they were in basic form with heavily weighted clothes on. I think it's pretty clear that Champa underestimated Beerus's team since his first fighter is being treated mostly like a joke by Goku. Also, one of the big names for the tournament right now is Monaka. He's very likely to get a second match after making an impression in the first.

With this tournament having been modeled after Baba's, who is to say that it won't mirror even more attributes of that event by having the strongest character on our main team partake in three matches? The first two opponents -- Fangs the Vampire and the Invisible Man -- were defeated by the others, then Yamcha tried his hand against the third and lost. It's possible that Vegeta could lose against whoever comes third. That leaves Monaka to handle the rest. Ideally, with Cabba looking to be the most probable opponent for Vegeta, maybe they could also tie or Vegeta wins but is left too exhausted to continue on.
But goku will lose so either he steps out of the ring or botamo is really strong so i dont see vegeta winning that many fights if the rest are just as strong and i doubt monaka will get a lot of screen time because he is not apart of the main cast and i think monaka is not as strong as he used to be because beerus has not seen him in a long time
so i think piccolo will beat frost to give vegeta and monaka a chance and make the tournament closer