U6 Tournament, Predictions on who will fight who.

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Saturnine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Re: U6 Tournament, Predictions on who will fight who.

Post by Saturnine » Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:41 pm

As for recanonizing SSj4 - you all do realize that Toriyama has been consciously steering the Saiyans away from their simian heritage? Hell, U6 Saiyans don't even grow tails anymore. SSj4 was all about re-embracing the monkey roots, which is definitely why it isn't going to happen.

And as for criticism regarding the new fighters' designs - I actually like them quite a lot. After all of Toei's filler, GT and all the video games, people have gotten used to all those cookie-cutter Freeza and Cell rehashes so much that they've forgotten that Toriyama is the creator, not Toei. Toei brought the franchise in a much more simplistic, combat and action-oriented direction so it desperately needed some Toriyama-isms to get it back to its roots.

As for my tournament predictions:

Goku defeats Botamo easily. He'll probably lose to Magetta after a longer battle. Piccolo will finish Magetta off, but get offed by Frost. Vegeta will defeat both Frost and Cabba, but get removed by Hit. And finally Monaka will take care of Hit after a thrilling grand finale.

DainIronfoot
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by DainIronfoot » Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:56 pm

Saturnine wrote:As for recanonizing SSj4 - you all do realize that Toriyama has been consciously steering the Saiyans away from their simian heritage? Hell, U6 Saiyans don't even grow tails anymore. SSj4 was all about re-embracing the monkey roots, which is definitely why it isn't going to happen.

And as for criticism regarding the new fighters' designs - I actually like them quite a lot. After all of Toei's filler, GT and all the video games, people have gotten used to all those cookie-cutter Freeza and Cell rehashes so much that they've forgotten that Toriyama is the creator, not Toei. Toei brought the franchise in a much more simplistic, combat and action-oriented direction so it desperately needed some Toriyama-isms to get it back to its roots.

As for my tournament predictions:

Goku defeats Botamo easily. He'll probably lose to Magetta after a longer battle. Piccolo will finish Magetta off, but get offed by Frost. Vegeta will defeat both Frost and Cabba, but get removed by Hit. And finally Monaka will take care of Hit after a thrilling grand finale.
Going by recent summaries, I think Goku and Botamo both lose and i doubt he fights Magetta. After all one of the revealed titles shows that

Saturnine
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Saturnine » Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:28 pm

I wasn't aware of that. Interesting.

Goku would have to ring-out accidentally or something. Has it been established that tag-outs are definitely not allowed?

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:46 pm

Saturnine wrote:I wasn't aware of that. Interesting.

Goku would have to ring-out accidentally or something. Has it been established that tag-outs are definitely not allowed?
Apparently so, though they might decide to change that rule up once they start fighting, maybe Champa goes easy on them since they lost Buu and allows them to tag in and out between fights, he doesn't look too bright maybe Beerus and Whis convince him while Goku is fighting.

Baggie_Saiyan
Namekian Warrior

Post by Baggie_Saiyan » Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:49 pm

He was foreshadowing the infamous Sorbet laser scene :P

jcogginsa
Advanced Regular

Post by jcogginsa » Tue Feb 09, 2016 4:34 pm

My current predictions are

- Goku will lose to Botamo, and be out of the tournament
- Piccolo will defeat Botamo, then give Frost a good fight before losing when Frost transforms

-Gohan will not compete, but will participate in an arc about visiting Salad

GodVegetto91
Banned

Post by GodVegetto91 » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:03 pm

Alright, so thinking about it. (If it's really true Goku didn't make it through his first match)
Then i guess the reason Goku didn't make it was because he got disqualified for some reason. By unintentionally breaking the rules.
That's the only way i can swallow Goku losing to trash like that.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:35 am

GodVegetto91 wrote:Alright, so thinking about it. (If it's really true Goku didn't make it through his first match)
Then i guess the reason Goku didn't make it was because he got disqualified for some reason. By unintentionally breaking the rules.
That's the only way i can swallow Goku losing to trash like that.
There's nothing wrong with goku losing the first match you do know other characters can have a bigger role then him like gohan in the cell saga. This time it looks like it will be piccolo and vegeta which the majority of people will prefer

Khin
I Live Here

Post by Khin » Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:35 am

Goku vs. Botamo = Tie
Piccolo vs. Frost = Piccolo wins after a hard battle
Piccolo vs. Magetta = Magetta beats a weakened Piccolo
Vegeta vs. Magetta = Vegeta wins
Vegeta vs. Cabba = Cabba wins
Monaka vs. Cabba = Monaka wins
Monaka vs. Hit = Monaka loses

Universe 7 team loses
Last edited by Khin on Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:32 am

why do so many people still believe goku will win when all evidence says he does not( this is a lot of youtubers and in the comment section) its more likely piccolo will win his match
and why has bo youtuber posted a video about episode 33 summary i know thearcosian has done 31 and 32 but not 33

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:26 am

i think maybe we might as well just stop doing predictions as we do not know the official format of the tournament

Kaboom

Post by Kaboom » Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:52 pm

namekiansaiyan, I'm getting reports about your posts, so please work on improving your spelling and grammar. You've given no indication that you're not a native English speaker/writer, so there's no reason not to take your time and put in the effort to make your posts legible. Thanks.
deviantART
FanFic: DragonBall GT Revised
[thread]
Powar Levuls: Main Series | Movies and Specials | GT
Nintendo/PSN/Steam: KaboomKrusader
ACNH Dream Address: DA-1637-4046-7415 ("SlamZone")
(Not) lost (enough) DB Super plots!
A handy video guide to Kanzenshuu-level grammar quality!

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:05 pm

Kaboom wrote:namekiansaiyan, I'm getting reports about your posts, so please work on improving your spelling and grammar. You've given no indication that you're not a native English speaker/writer, so there's no reason not to take your time and put in the effort to make your posts legible. Thanks.
I don't understand, I write clearly, the only thing I do wrong sometimes is that I dont put capital letters where they should go or full stops at the end of my post.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Wed Feb 10, 2016 3:38 pm

Going based on winner stays on:
Goku vs Botamo = Botamo win
Botamo vs Piccolo = Piccolo win
Piccolo vs Frost = Piccolo win
Piccolo vs Cabe = Cabe win
Cabe vs Vegeta = Vegeta win
Vegeta vs Magetta = Vegeta win
Vegeta vs Hit = Hit win
Hit vs Monaka = Hit win

To me this seems like it could happen.

If tagging out is allowed:
Goku vs Botamo = Botamo win
Piccolo vs Frost = Piccolo win
Vegeta Vs Cabe = Vegeta win
Monaka Vs Magetta = Monaka win
Vegeta vs Hit = Hit win
Piccolo vs Botamo = Draw
Hit vs Monaka = Hit win

This is also believeable to me.

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by ZombieVito » Wed Feb 10, 2016 4:39 pm

You need to edit your posts namekiansaiyan. Double posting is not permitted.

DBZGTKOSDH
Namekian Warrior

Post by DBZGTKOSDH » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:55 pm

This is how I predict the tournament:
  1. Goku vs Botamo
    The fight will end with both losing, probably through some gag.
  2. Piccolo vs Frost
    It will appear that Piccolo has a chance of winning with the Makankosappo... until Frost transforms and beats him.
  3. Vegeta vs Frost
    Frost will give Vegeta a good fight in his final form, but will lose.
  4. Vegeta vs Magetta
    Magetta will have some unique abilities that will cause some trouble to Vegeta, but he will eventually lose.
  5. Vegeta vs Cabba
    Just as it appears that Vegeta is about to end the tournament by himself, the strongest of the Universe 6 Saiyans will display power superior to that of the Universe 7 Saiyans.
  6. Monaka vs Cabba
    This will be Monaka's time to shine.
  7. Monaka vs Hit
    And this will be Hit's time to shine.
Winner: Universe 6
James Teal (Animerica 1996) wrote:When you think about it, there are a number of similarities between the Chinese-inspired Son Goku and that most American of superhero icons, Superman. Both are aliens sent to Earth shortly after birth to escape the destruction of their homeworlds; both possess super-strength, flight, super-speed, heightened senses and the ability to cast energy blasts. But the crucial difference between them lies not only in how they view the world, but in how the world views them.

Superman is, and always has been, a symbol for truth, justice, and upstanding moral fortitude–a role model and leader as much as a fighter. The more down-to-earth Goku has no illusions about being responsible for maintaining social order, or for setting some kind of moral example for the entire world. Goku is simply a martial artist who’s devoted his life toward perfecting his fighting skills and other abilities. Though never shy about risking his life to save either one person or the entire world, he just doesn’t believe that the balance of the world rests in any way on his shoulders, and he has no need to shape any part of it in his image. Goku is an idealist, and believes that there is some good in everyone, but he is unconcerned with the big picture of the world…unless it has to do with some kind of fight. Politics, society, law and order don’t have much bearing on his life, but he’s a man who knows right from wrong.

dbzfan7
Namekian Warrior

Post by dbzfan7 » Wed Feb 10, 2016 11:19 pm

DBZGTKOSDH wrote:This is how I predict the tournament:
  1. Goku vs Botamo
  2. Piccolo vs Frost
    It will appear that Piccolo has a chance of winning with the Makankosappo... until Frost transforms and beats him.
  3. Vegeta vs Frost
  4. Vegeta vs Magetta
    Magetta will have some unique abilities that will cause some trouble to Vegeta, but he will eventually lose.
  5. Vegeta vs Cabba
    Just as it appears that Vegeta is about to end the tournament by himself, the strongest of the Universe 6 Saiyans will display power superior to that of the Universe 7 Saiyans.
  6. Monaka vs Cabba
  7. Monaka vs Hit
This seems the most believable. Though I still am not sure they'd actually sideline Goku for the rest of the tournament. That's pretty bold. I somehow feel he's either gonna get a reason to tag out, or perhaps he gets the fifth spot as a retry. I'd be impressed if they fully go through with taking Goku out of the rest of the tournament.
Why Dragon Ball Consistency in something such as power levels matter!

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Feb 11, 2016 10:39 am

1. Goku vs Botamo
  2. Piccolo vs Frost
  3. Vegeta vs Frost
  4. Vegeta vs Magetta
  5. Vegeta vs Cabba
  6. Monaka vs Cabba
  7. Monaka vs Hit
I could honestly see the tournament panning out like this. And I hope it does. But I don't see Goku losing through some gag. I think he will outright lose cleanly.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Thu Feb 11, 2016 11:24 am

Lord Beerus wrote:
  1. Goku vs Botamo
  2. Piccolo vs Frost
  3. Vegeta vs Frost
  4. Vegeta vs Magetta
  5. Vegeta vs Cabba
  6. Monaka vs Cabba
  7. Monaka vs Hit
I could honestly see the tournament panning out like this. And I hope it does. But I don't see Goku losing through some gag. I think he will outright lose cleanly.
I don't see it playing out like this because that would mean Goku wins 0 fights, Piccolo wins 0 fights but Vegeta wins 2. I don't understand how no really thinks Vegeta will lose his match.

Wezenheim
Advanced Regular

Post by Wezenheim » Thu Feb 11, 2016 2:39 pm

I think Vegeta will get some good fights in during this tournament. Fatigue is probably what will do him in though, even if Piccolo wins a round I don't think he'll win more than one. I hope Goku loses/ties the first round, that would make things much more interesting to me. If Botamo beats Goku and there isn't some kind of tie, that means that Piccolo would be the one to beat him, and that could be cool. Still, there's no guarantee that Goku won't be able to tag back in later thanks to being a fighter short, but I personally hope that's not the case.