Dragon Ball Super Tankoubon Release Thread

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

wertham

Re: Dragon Ball Super Tankoubon Release Thread

Post by wertham » Fri Feb 19, 2016 8:29 am

Xeztin wrote:I hope he at least finishes the 3 chapter Freeza special if he's not going to do a Super version. I just hate not having ROF arc in the manga.
If Toyotaro finishes the ROF special it would fit easily between chapters 4 and 5 of Super's manga, completing the first tankobon. That would be nice.

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Post by eledoremassis02 » Sat Feb 20, 2016 7:11 pm

wertham wrote:
Xeztin wrote:I hope he at least finishes the 3 chapter Freeza special if he's not going to do a Super version. I just hate not having ROF arc in the manga.
If Toyotaro finishes the ROF special it would fit easily between chapters 4 and 5 of Super's manga, completing the first tankobon. That would be nice.
I would hope so! I am eagerly awaiting to get the pre-order link! I wonder if VIZ will get this anytime soon? Also debating if I should sell my Revival of F promo mangas as well since I guess they're not apart of super (technically)

macho_man
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by macho_man » Sun Feb 21, 2016 2:25 pm

Is there anyone who has translated Toyotaro's and Ooishi's quotes on the 30th Annual DB Book?
Maybe we can get additional details about the collected edition of DB Super manga... :wink:

Toyotaro: Image
Ooishi: Image
These are scans from my own legit bought copy. If you have money to spare, just consider to buy this wonderful annual special book. :wave:

Wezenheim
Advanced Regular

Post by Wezenheim » Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:20 pm

Looks like there's some updated info on the main page regarding the release, mostly in regards to final page count. There really is a chance we may get the 'F' arc!

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Post by eledoremassis02 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:28 pm

Wezenheim wrote:Looks like there's some updated info on the main page regarding the release, mostly in regards to final page count. There really is a chance we may get the 'F' arc!
That would be great! I'd bet that as it would be odd to include a chapter that would just be release the same month in Vjump. So glad these are coming out

Wezenheim
Advanced Regular

Post by Wezenheim » Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:34 pm

eledoremassis02 wrote:
Wezenheim wrote:Looks like there's some updated info on the main page regarding the release, mostly in regards to final page count. There really is a chance we may get the 'F' arc!
That would be great! I'd bet that as it would be odd to include a chapter that would just be release the same month in Vjump. So glad these are coming out
I'm pretty excited and I hope I'll get the chance to order a copy! Toyotaro is doing a pretty good job I think, fingers crossed that we get more of these.

Psykomatik
Regular

Post by Psykomatik » Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:32 pm

192 pages in the final release ? Welp, no 'F' arc in it.

Chapter 1: 15 pages.
Chapter 2: 15 pages.
Chapter 3: 15 pages.
Chapter 4: 19 pages.
Chapter 5: 19 pages.
Chapter 6: 19 pages.
Chapter 7: 19 pages.
Chapter 8: 19 pages.
Chapter 9: 30 pages.

Total: 170 pages.
Final release: 192 pages.

And i didn't even count the chapter 10.
So no 'F' arc in it...

Wezenheim
Advanced Regular

Post by Wezenheim » Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:42 pm

Psykomatik wrote:192 pages in the final release ? Welp, no 'F' arc in it.

So no 'F' arc in it...
It's more likely that they'll fill the pages with the individual chapters, and I think that's what they'll probably do, but it's possible that they do this as well: "On the flipside, by including the three 31-page Resurrection ‘F’ manga chapters, up through Dragon Ball Super chapter six could all perfectly fit at exactly 192 pages by perhaps excising the fifth chapter’s special title page."

I don't believe the 'F' manga was ever finished, but I think it'd be nice to get all the same.

Psykomatik
Regular

Post by Psykomatik » Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:44 pm

VegettoEX simply supposes that every chapter is 15 pages. But they aren't...

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:51 pm

Wezenheim wrote:

So no 'F' arc in it...
It's more likely that they'll fill the pages with the individual chapters, and I think that's what they'll probably do, but it's possible that they do this as well: "On the flipside, by including the three 31-page Resurrection ‘F’ manga chapters, up through Dragon Ball Super chapter six could all perfectly fit at exactly 192 pages by perhaps excising the fifth chapter’s special title page."

I don't believe the 'F' manga was ever finished, but I think it'd be nice to get all the same.
It would be nice to see Toyotaro's version of SSB Goku vs Golden Freeza but the manga was never meant to cover the whole movie. Just up until the point where Goku forces Freeza to transform.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

VegettoEX
Kanzenshuu Co-Owner & Administrator

Post by VegettoEX » Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:51 pm

No, I did the math, and we have all the page counts listed on our website (in addition to me actually owning all the V-Jump issues). I presented various options.
:: [| Mike "VegettoEX" LaBrie |] ::
:: [| Kanzenshuu - Co-Founder/Administrator, Podcast Host, News Manager (note: our "job" titles are arbitrary and meaningless) |] ::
:: [| Website: January 1998 |] :: [| Podcast: November 2005 |] :: [| Fusion: April 2012 |] :: [| Wiki: 20XX |] ::

Wezenheim
Advanced Regular

Post by Wezenheim » Mon Feb 29, 2016 4:59 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
Wezenheim wrote:

So no 'F' arc in it...

It would be nice to see Toyotaro's version of SSB Goku vs Golden Freeza but the manga was never meant to cover the whole movie. Just up until the point where Goku forces Freeza to transform.
Yeah, I would have liked to get the whole thing, but it is what it is I suppose!

It wouldn't bother me not to get the 'F' manga arc in the first volume, it just would've been nice for completion purposes. I suppose I could try to hunt down those V Jumps.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:24 pm

Wezenheim wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:
Wezenheim wrote: It's more likely that they'll fill the pages with the individual chapters, and I think that's what they'll probably do, but it's possible that they do this as well: "On the flipside, by including the three 31-page Resurrection ‘F’ manga chapters, up through Dragon Ball Super chapter six could all perfectly fit at exactly 192 pages by perhaps excising the fifth chapter’s special title page."

Yeah, I would have liked to get the whole thing, but it is what it is I suppose!

It wouldn't bother me not to get the 'F' manga arc in the first volume, it just would've been nice for completion purposes. I suppose I could try to hunt down those V Jumps.
Honestly, I'm more annoyed by the lack of SSJ4 on that cover image even if the way the flying characters are drawn kind of reminds me of John Romita Jr. :P
Last edited by ekrolo2 on Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Mon Feb 29, 2016 5:25 pm

So no 'F' arc in it...
That's a shame. Won't stop me from picking up the Tankoubon but I really wished they would wave thrown in Resurrection F manga regardless.

macho_man
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by macho_man » Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:20 am

Maybe the "Jump Victory Carnival 2015 Bonus Comic" chapter will be included in it too. It's a short chapter of just two pages...

Wezenheim
Advanced Regular

Post by Wezenheim » Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:11 am

So V Jump posted what appears to be an image of the Tankoubon on Twitter a bit ago:
Here's the tweet for anyone interested:
https://twitter.com/V_Jump/status/709621279351902208

I like the design!

dae428
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by dae428 » Tue Mar 15, 2016 2:21 am

I'm actually really digging that design. Man it's times like this where I wish Toyotaro would just do a full adaptation of Dragon Ball Super instead of just having bits and pieces of the actual story.

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:03 am

Amazing cover! I posted a 20 page ROF movie comic in the fan works section continuing from the 3 chapter special that someone ripped from the movie itself frame by frame. Hopefully someone can use it as a storyboard or guidance and draw it in better detail for us!
dae428 wrote:I'm actually really digging that design. Man it's times like this where I wish Toyotaro would just do a full adaptation of Dragon Ball Super instead of just having bits and pieces of the actual story.
Yea it sucks it isn't a full blown adaptation, but at least we get something! that "1" assures us there will be more! Also did anyone notice how the page count keeps jumping? Hopefully it goes weekly one day. Hopefully...

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Tue Mar 15, 2016 3:28 am

Xeztin wrote:Amazing cover! I posted a 20 page ROF movie comic in the fan works section continuing from the 3 chapter special that someone ripped from the movie itself frame by frame. Hopefully someone can use it as a storyboard or guidance and draw it in better detail for us!
dae428 wrote:I'm actually really digging that design. Man it's times like this where I wish Toyotaro would just do a full adaptation of Dragon Ball Super instead of just having bits and pieces of the actual story.
Yea it sucks it isn't a full blown adaptation, but at least we get something! that "1" assures us there will be more! Also did anyone notice how the page count keeps jumping? Hopefully it goes weekly one day. Hopefully...
That should mean Super should go into next year or at least to the end of the year.

Wezenheim
Advanced Regular

Post by Wezenheim » Tue Mar 15, 2016 1:37 pm

I wonder how well the Tankoubon will sell. I'm sure it will sell pretty well, but I hope we get to see numbers somehow in the future.
Me too.
Xeztin wrote:Yea it sucks it isn't a full blown adaptation, but at least we get something! that "1" assures us there will be more! Also did anyone notice how the page count keeps jumping? Hopefully it goes weekly one day. Hopefully...
I've thought about it and while I also wish we could get these weekly, I don't mind getting them monthly if Toyotaro keeps doing a good job and has a higher page count. I just want him to cover the entire story if possible.