Do you mind if Supers Manga gets behind?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Do you mind if Supers Manga gets behind?

Post by eledoremassis02 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:19 pm

Certainly I dont! It's different enough and the pace the story is going now is really good! How do you feel? While it is a promotion, do you feel they can keep ahead at the pace they've been going?

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Re: Do you mind if Supers Manga gets behind?

Post by Chuquita » Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:42 pm

I'd be ok with it. It'd bring a sense of suspense back to the anime. As it is I'm not the sort to avoid spoilers (in fact I seek them out) and currently there's more of a thrill in the manga than the anime because it's ahead.

I think the manga served more of a purpose when we were slogging through reBOG and reF just so it could remind us that yes Super is more than just movie retellings Shueisha promises.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Wed Feb 17, 2016 8:48 pm

I honestly don't mind if its ahead, behind, or on par because there are going to be changes either way. I prefer the manga's Egyptian style arena over what we seen in Super. I'm fine either way, I love how this months was 30+ pages though. Could that be a sign that Toyotaro is... how could I word this... getting to where he can pump out more pages monthly? Some seem to have doubted he could pull a monthly chapter of 40 pages off. He may have the ability to go weekly for all we know but we won't see that because its promotional. The reason I have no problem with how the manga is paced, is because I always read a manga before watching the anime, or both at the same time.

Sandubadear
I Live Here

Post by Sandubadear » Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:38 pm

I agree with what was written above, but I'd still like if we had the manga to take a "peek" of what's going to happen, even if it skips what the anime already showed.
"The life is the hardest video games of ever. Because you have only one life and the powers are kinda lame. And sometimes a stage takes years"

"The life is a game, the objective of the game is trying to find the objective of the game, and then, finish the game"
--by Ranely Jr

時空の主/齊天大聖
Lazy Xenoverse characters: Kuriza, Neko Majin Abra

Vijay
Advanced Regular

Post by Vijay » Wed Feb 17, 2016 9:58 pm

Get behind like what?

Frieza Arc times, where Anime has to pad 20+ episodes of fillers, pointless staring & screaming contests? No thanks

I wouldnt mind if it even goes on hiatus*cough*HunterXHunter comes to mind*cough

As long as "quality writing" is there, I'm all for it

Bullza
Banned

Post by Bullza » Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:25 pm

I'd hope it'd just end now actually. It's served its purpose.

FoolsGil
I Live Here

Post by FoolsGil » Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:44 pm

As a promotion to the anime, it getting behind is one of the worst things that could happen.

Darnis

Post by Darnis » Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:47 pm

I don't mind, but I don't see the point in continuing it after the show passes it.
Raditz did nothing wrong

Khin
I Live Here

Post by Khin » Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:51 pm

I wouldn't even mind if it ends in chapter 10.The manga is good,but it kills the excitement in the anime when we already know the results of the fights.

eledoremassis02
I Live Here

Post by eledoremassis02 » Wed Feb 17, 2016 10:59 pm

My thinking is that it seems it's developed it's own fanbase and has pretty decent quality for what's given and the pacing in U6 has been much better than BOG (bigger page count helps).

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Wed Feb 17, 2016 11:00 pm

No, because it will skip ahead again.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

LightBing
I Live Here

Post by LightBing » Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:14 am

Nope, last two chapters were pretty slow. The manga I think, has been upgraded to run along Super like it's own thing. It will likely be slightly behind, getting sometimes ahead when there's a break in the anime or when they add scenes which delay the plot progression.

I like it, I love watching Dragon Ball in manga format. Spoilers aren't spoilers if one reads the chapters normally. It's like in the original run time, people knew what was gonna happen in the anime, if they also read the manga. It's the original DB experience.

Sodhi
I Live Here

Post by Sodhi » Thu Feb 18, 2016 1:34 am

Its pretty clear now that the Anime is going to surpass the manga. Episode 35 will Air march 13th Japanese 9:00am.Plus we will have 36 preview

Xeztin
I Live Here

Post by Xeztin » Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:34 am

LightBing wrote:Nope, last two chapters were pretty slow. The manga I think, has been upgraded to run along Super like it's own thing. It will likely be slightly behind, getting sometimes ahead when there's a break in the anime or when they add scenes which delay the plot progression.

I like it, I love watching Dragon Ball in manga format. Spoilers aren't spoilers if one reads the chapters normally. It's like in the original run time, people knew what was gonna happen in the anime, if they also read the manga. It's the original DB experience.

I've preached this till I almost went Super Saiyan Blue. I don't get why people that don't want to read it can't just stay away from the manga thread. I don't see the manga ending, even the page count has stepped up a bit. It's either going to run aside it or most likely skip ahead again like stated above and it's already gained quite a bit of a fan-base even though it runs in V-Jump. Could that have been the influence for the page numbers going higher? I'm praying it will shed it's "promotion" coat and jump into weekly seeing how it's fan-base is ever growing.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:57 am

I can't wait for it to get behind cause the anime will get a lot more exciting due to us not knowing anything before watching the episodes.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

Sodhi
I Live Here

Post by Sodhi » Thu Feb 18, 2016 3:04 am

Oh an I forgot to add not only we will see preview of episode 36, but we will probably have leaked titles for episodes 35-38 too and their summaries.

Mnich
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Mnich » Thu Feb 18, 2016 6:38 am

I don't read it so I don't mind. This way anime is more enjoyable.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:35 am

The manga served its purpose well: giving you something Super related so you didn't blow your brains out from the horrid movie re-tellings. Unless the manga gets upgraded to a weekly or bi-weekly schedule, there's just no reason to follow it anymore.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:11 am

Not at all. The manga was just a promotional tool for the anime anyways. It's already served its full purpose.

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:18 am

It just means we get to see Piccolo kick Frost's butt with his Special Beam Cannon in colour and movement first.
Last edited by namekiansaiyan on Thu Feb 18, 2016 10:22 am, edited 1 time in total.