Do you want Cell back in DBS?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Der Crysis

Do you want Cell back in DBS?

Post by Der Crysis » Tue Apr 19, 2016 10:02 pm

Hello guys i'm a huge Dragon ball Z/Dragon Ball Super FAN, I've been watching the series ever since my internet friends showed mee, wayyyy back in 2012-2013!
I've also got a question for all of you. Would you like to see Perfect Cell be resurrected back into the Dragon Ball Series, i seriously would. Imagine the possibilities and the outcome he would do to the Z-Fighters and pose of a threat he would come against them!(Plus a new Powerful form/Super Perfect Cell 2/3) :D

Danfun64
Advanced Regular

Re: New Here and do you want perfect cell back in DBS?

Post by Danfun64 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:13 pm

My immediate response to this question was "no".
Robo4900 wrote:Mouse is BRILLIANT SCIENTIST dumb.
CAT LOVES FOOD dumb.
Jack is just kinda dumb.

RedRibbonSoldier#42
Regular

Post by RedRibbonSoldier#42 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:22 pm

Cell is my favorite Dragonball villian, but his arc is complete. I don't want to see him get the Golden Freeza treatment unless Toeiyama can create a new arc that delvelops him more that no other character can fill.

Vijay
Advanced Regular

Post by Vijay » Tue Apr 19, 2016 11:58 pm

I respect Cell as villain. But I refuse to allow such a great badass villain to be ridiculed & suffer same fate as Golden Frieza

God knows how TOEI's gonna ressurect past baddies & turn them into "Sapphire Cell" or "Diamond Boo"

I think I've said this b4, its the lack of "badassery" or edgyness around Super which makes it less appealing to its DB,Z or even GT counterparts.

Inclusion of villains like Cell, Broly, Boo, Janemba, Hiru etc would raise that "edgyness" factor exponentoally & rest is history

MrWalnut4
Beyond Newbie

Post by MrWalnut4 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:03 am

Yeah I have to agree with Vijay. I liked his character in Z but have no desire for him to reappear in Super. I didn't like the concept of Frieza returning for Fukkatsu no F, and he was the most iconic villain in the franchise. I can't think of any way Toei could bring back his character without it feeling forced or lazy.

Kuririn Fan
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Kuririn Fan » Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:25 am

If 2012-2013 is waaaay back, i wonder what 2002 is when i got introduced, or 1996 when it got to US. Ans you should check out original Dragon Ball (1-153), youre missing out on more that third of Toriyamas story.
Anyway, i like Cell but i dont want "Revival of C", i want new stuff like this tournament and whatever it is thats coming up after it...

ZombieVito
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Do you want perfect cell back in DBS?

Post by ZombieVito » Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:44 am

While I like Cell, I don't see how he could come back that made sense.

Dotogam
Not-So-Newbie

Post by Dotogam » Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:55 am

It would just be Toei or Toriyama doing things for no reason. Unless a "Cell" exists in Universe 6 I see no point in him returning. Even then, Cell in U6 would still be terrible.
How I relax, crawling into bed with my laptop and browsing Kanzenshuu.

Ssgvegito30
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ssgvegito30 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:57 am

Cell was one of my most favorite villains of dbz but his story is complete so no I don't want revival of c because they will fuck up his story the same way they fucked up frieza the movie was ok but still I didn't like the fact that we got a new movie based on previous villain, I want new baddies!!!!
"You may have invaded my mind and my body, but there's one thing a Saiyan always keeps! His pride!"

Ssgvegito30
Beyond Newbie

Post by Ssgvegito30 » Wed Apr 20, 2016 2:00 am

Dotogam wrote:It would just be Toei or Toriyama doing things for no reason. Unless a "Cell" exists in Universe 6 I see no point in him returning. Even then, Cell in U6 would still be terrible.
I don't see cell existing in u6 because earth is destroyed and we don't have a u6 goku and the zfighters the only purpose of Dr. Gero to create cell was to eliminate goku because he destroyed his red ribbon army way back in DragonBall.
"You may have invaded my mind and my body, but there's one thing a Saiyan always keeps! His pride!"

apex_pretador
I Live Here

Post by apex_pretador » Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:07 am

No, just no way.
My dragon ball respect threads
Respect Piccolo
Respect Tao Pai Pai
Respect Freeza

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Wed Apr 20, 2016 3:41 am

Freeza had the most potential to bring something new to the story and they did nothing but kill him off so no, there's no need to bring back past villains if that's the best they can do.

Don't get me wrong, it was a good movie/arc but one time is enough.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

TekTheNinja
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by TekTheNinja » Wed Apr 20, 2016 9:44 am

No. No more villains should be brought back...

Unless maybe it's some crazy twist, like Pilaf becoming a god of destruction. :lol: I'd be all for that. :P

Sodhi
I Live Here

Post by Sodhi » Wed Apr 20, 2016 11:25 am

No, I just dont want to see golden cell or something. Plus he died without even a single cell remaining and gero's lab is no more, so i dont know how can he come back.

Volk

Post by Volk » Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:02 pm

Top 5 Villains:
1. Broly
2. Cell
3. Jenemba
4. Buu
5. Broly Again ;)

However, one of the better Arcs in the show was the Cell Arc. Everything from the lead up, to the climax, to the conclusion, it was just done so well. That's why I feel like if he's brought back, they will just take Cell, and ruin it for me. That's why I'm scared that they might bring back Future Trunks, because he was ended on good terms too. Anything that they could add to Cell to bring him back would just ruin the nostalgia.
Vegeta : Pfft, you're gonna grow up to be just like Gohan

Cabba : NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
(Turns Super Saiyin for the first time)
Cabba : TAKE THAT BACK!

z_cherub
Beyond Newbie

Post by z_cherub » Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:11 pm

Nope. Do not want.

Barunks
Beyond Newbie

Post by Barunks » Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:12 pm

We should probably avoid the habit of bringing back villains and continue to focus on new villains and characters. That being said, ever since RoF I've been really curious to see what kind of potential Cell might have had with both Goku and Freeza's DNA in him. If some alternate version of Cell popped up that wasn't totally evil I think that might make for some interesting stories.

Polyphase Avatron
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by Polyphase Avatron » Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:00 pm

It's possible he might return. There is an interview/spoiler saying we will be seeing a character from the future who we are familiar with. Everyone assumes it will be future Trunks but it could be Cell (he is also from the future).
Cool stuff that I upload here because Youtube will copyright claim it: https://vimeo.com/user60967147

Lord Beerus
Namekian Warrior

Post by Lord Beerus » Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:09 pm

Hell no. With how the handled Freeza coming back, if Cell came back to life, all he'd do is just job to Goku and/or Vegeta.

Kuririn Fan
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Kuririn Fan » Wed Apr 20, 2016 1:19 pm

Polyphase Avatron wrote:It's possible he might return. There is an interview/spoiler saying we will be seeing a character from the future who we are familiar with. Everyone assumes it will be future Trunks but it could be Cell (he is also from the future).
But how can he come back? All versions of Cell are destroyed.