Dragon Ball Super in Portugal

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Re: Dragon Ball Super in Portugal

Post by omegalucas » Tue Nov 15, 2016 9:22 am

sangofe wrote: If the scripts say bills, and the French battle of Gods and resurrection f dubs have, I wonder what name they'll keep for the French tv dub...
I'm assuming they say Bills.
The scripts for BoG probably had Bills as well, considering most countries have it. Taking into account the fact that France changed it to Beerus then, they'll probably just do it again.
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:31 pm

Ratings

Episode 9
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Episode 10
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Episode 11
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Episode 12
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Episode 13
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Episode 14
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Episode 15
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Episode 16
[spoiler]Image[/spoiler]

Episode 10 and 16 have quite a higher rating than the rest. I remember people saying that one of these episodes started later than usual, maybe it was episode 10 and because of that it reached more people, I don't know. I just watch the episodes later when I came from work.

A lot of people have been complaining about the early time slot since day one.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 5:45 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:Early to say, but looks like Loy's Vegeta turned over a new leaf?! :eh:
In episode 16 where Vegeta acts like a clown to please Whis, Loy's stupid jokes could fit but he remained in character until the very end. Even when Vegeta was out of breath, Loy's wasn't strident as before. By far his best perfomance in Super. If he keeps this up, we may have a great Vegeta again.

Episode 15 was the real test to Sandra's Chichi, because i's the first one where she gets angry to Goku. 10/10 She passes.

Looks like we got Quimbé in the family. I love his Metabee, Joey Wheeler, Pegasus and Kakashi performances. I'm glad with this choice.
Mário Bomba may pop up sooner of later too.
I think it's safe to assume that Loy won't go back to his former self, at least for the next episodes, and since he was praised on social media because of his perfomance in episode 16 he'll probably keep this up I hope. Hopefully I don't need to be cringe ready everytime Vegeta appears on screen anymore, I was fearing we would get BoG arc Vegeta fighting Black, which would be awful and probably th most cringe worthy thing ever.
As for Quimbé I think it's great that the cast keeps growing, we already have Paulo Espírito Santo confirmed for the cast, which is great since he's a great voice actor and is a promenent figure in our db, especially in the movies, and since you mentioned Mário Bomba I think it's a great idea to have him in the cast, I love his Rock Lee.
The portuguese dub of Dragon Ball Super just keeps getting better, can't wait to see our Frieza back. Especially since I think it's better than a lot of other international Freizas that have a too masculine voice, the Brazilian dub is an example of that, which doesn't fit Frieza at all.
BTW: I got to leave this here. t's just wonderful to imagine Xenoverse dubbed with our voices. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UedvJ2jGZHA
I'm just a DB fan that's in the grey area that exists between an Hardcore Fanboy and a Casual :P

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Tue Nov 15, 2016 6:00 pm

omegalucas wrote:
sangofe wrote: If the scripts say bills, and the French battle of Gods and resurrection f dubs have, I wonder what name they'll keep for the French tv dub...
I'm assuming they say Bills.
The scripts for BoG probably had Bills as well, considering most countries have it. Taking into account the fact that France changed it to Beerus then, they'll probably just do it again.
Btw, onto something else: could you post links to streamed episodes in the first page of this thread :)?

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Wed Nov 16, 2016 8:13 pm

Gafonso6 wrote: BTW: I got to leave this here. t's just wonderful to imagine Xenoverse dubbed with our voices. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UedvJ2jGZHA
Love the real fight in the end! Stuff like this shows that we're most likely one of the countries, where fans interact more causally with DB voice actors.
And welcome to Kanzenshuu! :D

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 5:34 am

FortuneSSJ wrote:Love the real fight in the end! Stuff like this shows that we're most likely one of the countries, where fans interact more causally with DB voice actors.
And welcome to Kanzenshuu! :D
Yeah I think we are, I would Love to see our cast and the japonese cast meet like the funi cast and japonese cast have already met on a convention. Its not like we dont have conventions, we have comic con, 2 anime conventions. Now that we were the third country outside of Japan to air DBS it would be really cool. But it will probably never happen. I would love to see Tuga Vegeta vs Japonese Vegeta, especially since I think they have imilar voices (when Loy is doing a good job and being serious like in episode 16)
I'm just a DB fan that's in the grey area that exists between an Hardcore Fanboy and a Casual :P

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:19 pm

Gafonso6 wrote:
FortuneSSJ wrote:Early to say, but looks like Loy's Vegeta turned over a new leaf?! :eh:
In episode 16 where Vegeta acts like a clown to please Whis, Loy's stupid jokes could fit but he remained in character until the very end. Even when Vegeta was out of breath, Loy's wasn't strident as before. By far his best perfomance in Super. If he keeps this up, we may have a great Vegeta again.

Episode 15 was the real test to Sandra's Chichi, because i's the first one where she gets angry to Goku. 10/10 She passes.

Looks like we got Quimbé in the family. I love his Metabee, Joey Wheeler, Pegasus and Kakashi performances. I'm glad with this choice.
Mário Bomba may pop up sooner of later too.
I think it's safe to assume that Loy won't go back to his former self, at least for the next episodes, and since he was praised on social media because of his perfomance in episode 16 he'll probably keep this up I hope. Hopefully I don't need to be cringe ready everytime Vegeta appears on screen anymore, I was fearing we would get BoG arc Vegeta fighting Black, which would be awful and probably th most cringe worthy thing ever.
As for Quimbé I think it's great that the cast keeps growing, we already have Paulo Espírito Santo confirmed for the cast, which is great since he's a great voice actor and is a promenent figure in our db, especially in the movies, and since you mentioned Mário Bomba I think it's a great idea to have him in the cast, I love his Rock Lee.
The portuguese dub of Dragon Ball Super just keeps getting better, can't wait to see our Frieza back. Especially since I think it's better than a lot of other international Freizas that have a too masculine voice, the Brazilian dub is an example of that, which doesn't fit Frieza at all.
BTW: I got to leave this here. t's just wonderful to imagine Xenoverse dubbed with our voices. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UedvJ2jGZHA

Errr... just one thing. I'm enjoying Dragon Ball Super's portuguese version, really. It's much better than it was in the 90's(even with João Loy's bizarre pearls til the fight with Beerus). But, if there is one thing, just one simple thing that needs to becomes better than it was before... it's Frieza's portuguese voice in the next arc.
I'm saying this because Frieza is supposed to sound a bit girly, but also is supposed to sounds arrogant and classy, and the portuguese Frieza is too much girly and shrilly, but not classy and stately.
The brazilian Frieza's voice is very masculine, yeah, but it's also very arrogant and classy. And not only the brazilian one, but german, italian, latin american spanish, danish and other voices of the character around the world are more or less like this. And it's not far from the character's purpose, different of the portuguese one.
I think Ricardo Spínola can do a great job as Frieza in Dragon Ball Super with a less shrill and more classy tone than it was before. But it's a thing that have to change.

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:24 pm

Also, it's fun to see the portuguese crew playing Xenoverse: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Na17OdOIVQE

I laughed with the kakarot joke.

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Thu Nov 17, 2016 4:29 pm

SaintEvolution wrote:Errr... just one thing. I'm enjoying Dragon Ball Super's portuguese version, really. It's much better than it was in the 90's(even with João Loy's bizarre pearls til the fight with Beerus). But, if there is one thing, just one simple thing that needs to becomes better than it was before... it's Frieza's portuguese voice in the next arc.
I'm saying this because Frieza is supposed to sound a bit girly, but also is supposed to sounds arrogant and classy, and the portuguese Frieza is too much girly and shrilly, but not classy and stately.
The brazilian Frieza's voice is very masculine, yeah, but it's also very arrogant and classy. And not only the brazilian one, but german, italian, latin american spanish, danish and other voices of the character around the world are more or less like this. And it's not far from the character's purpose, different of the portuguese one.
I think Ricardo Spínola can do a great job as Frieza in Dragon Ball Super with a less shrill and more classy tone than it was before. But it's a thing that have to change.

I wouldn't worry about the attitude, Spínola is a great voice actor, the best in the cast in my opinion, he'll probably realise Frieza's attitude, espescially now that he's hearing the japonese audio and will probably be influenced by Ryūsei Nakao perfomance. As for the brazilian voice altough he is arrogantI still think he has a too manly voice and that just doesn't work for me, a manly voice doesn't work with that body, if it was Frieza's second form okay, but the rest just don't work with a manly voice.

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:01 am

And we are going through Revival of F territory now and the dub is getting better. The jokes are rare now, and Loy's Vegeta is 100% following the script.
Sorbet, Champa and Vados showed up today. Both Sorbet and Champa are voiced by Quimbé and I can't tell who voices Vados - it sounds like someone new but there is nobody new in the end credits, and it isn't Cavalinhos, so it may be Joana Castro with a voice I don't recognize.
Fan-favorite Spínola's Freeza appears next week. Can't wait for it!
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:21 am

omegalucas wrote:And we are going through Revival of F territory now and the dub is getting better. The jokes are rare now, and Loy's Vegeta is 100% following the script.
Sorbet, Champa and Vados showed up today. Both Sorbet and Champa are voiced by Quimbé and I can't tell who voices Vados - it sounds like someone new but there is nobody new in the end credits, and it isn't Cavalinhos, so it may be Joana Castro with a voice I don't recognize.
Fan-favorite Spínola's Freeza appears next week. Can't wait for it!
I assumed it was Joana Castro doing Vados but it could be a Rui de Sá's situation as in his name didn't appear on the credits for the first two episodes.
I really like Quimbé's Champa, his Sorbet is good but I have a feeling his voice will get on my nervs which is not his fault it's just a thing I'll have to deal with.
I would love if they would redub the BoG arc with the quality of the dub that we have right now, if not only for a Blu-ray release if that ever happens, just to get read of that character Loy was portraying in Vegeta's body.
Feist also gave a great performance, he was a little monotone in episode 15 and 16 but he's back on track again.
Has I said before can't wait for Freeza or Freezer has we say it.

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Sun Nov 20, 2016 7:29 am

Gafonso6 wrote:
I really like Quimbé's Champa, his Sorbet is good but I have a feeling his voice will get on my nervs which is not his fault it's just a thing I'll have to deal with.
Yeah, he's too high-pitched to my liking, to the point that sometimes you can't really understand what he says. Definitely my least favorite voice so far.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:06 pm

-Episode 17 e 18-

Feist and Loy back in shape. Those interactions between Goku and Vegeta were perfect. Just like Super, our dub is also getting better.

I'm enjoying Joana Castro performance but I'm disappointed that she's dubbing Baby Pan, because Pan was always dubbed by Cristina and I love her work.

Joana even seems to have more roles than Cristina:
Cristina - Bulma, C18, Marron and most likely Future Bulma.
Joana - Chichi, Videl, Kid Mai, Baby Pan, Vados and most likely Future Mai.

Strange decision...

As for Champa and Vados, Joana seems that will do a great Vados but I'm not sure about Quimbé's Champa.
For some reason I was expecting Mário Bomba to pop up and get that role.

Quimbé got Sorbet, but doing at least one of Freeza soldiers was expected. I'm expecting him to get Botamo too.
Gabriel will get Jaco and most likely Monaka.

If Paulo Espírito Santo really comes back like some people are saying, I can see him dubbing Hit.

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Mon Nov 21, 2016 4:45 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote: I'm enjoying Joana Castro performance but I'm disappointed that she's dubbing Baby Pan, because Pan was always dubbed by Cristina and I love her work.
Gabriel will get Jaco and most likely Monaka.

Joana is probably dubbing Baby Pan because Cristina is dubbing Marron and then we would probably get two babies with the exact same voice, Cristina will porbably dub Pan if she ever grows up in Super, which I would like to see because it would mean Goten would finally grow up so who knows.
i'm not sure about Gabriel doing Monaka this is his first dub and he only got the role because he is the admin of the Dragon Ball Portugal page, or at least it was a big part of the reason he got it, so having a character as Monaka in his first dub is something I don't like, especially because it asks for really good acting and I'm afraid he'll get the constant jokes back as Jaco since he was one of the few ones praising them, but he could surprise me.

Holy crap I just realised something, we're starting with RoF arc this Saturday, and Ginyu shows up in this arc, does this mean we will get Opera Singing Ginyu back?! :shock: Oh God pelase no, everything but that.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Mon Nov 21, 2016 8:41 pm

Gafonso6 wrote: i'm not sure about Gabriel doing Monaka this is his first dub and he only got the role because he is the admin of the Dragon Ball Portugal page, or at least it was a big part of the reason he got it, so having a character as Monaka in his first dub is something I don't like, especially because it asks for really good acting and I'm afraid he'll get the constant jokes back as Jaco since he was one of the few ones praising them, but he could surprise me.
Monaka is not a hard character to dub. If he turns out to do a good job as Jaco, he can dub Monaka. I hope he doesn't get Cabba though.
I don't have any problems with his Kibitoshin and Dende, but honestly have a fan joining the cast instead of find a more experienced voice actor for the job, is not something I like.

Especially when you have those more experienced voice actors out there waiting for a new job.

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Tue Nov 22, 2016 3:08 am

FortuneSSJ wrote:
Gafonso6 wrote: i'm not sure about Gabriel doing Monaka this is his first dub and he only got the role because he is the admin of the Dragon Ball Portugal page, or at least it was a big part of the reason he got it, so having a character as Monaka in his first dub is something I don't like, especially because it asks for really good acting and I'm afraid he'll get the constant jokes back as Jaco since he was one of the few ones praising them, but he could surprise me.
Monaka is not a hard character to dub. If he turns out to do a good job as Jaco, he can dub Monaka. I hope he doesn't get Cabba though.
I don't have any problems with his Kibitoshin and Dende, but honestly have a fan joining the cast instead of find a more experienced voice actor for the job, is not something I like.

Especially when you have those more experienced voice actors out there waiting for a new job.
He isn't Kibitoshin, he was in the first episode but from then on it was Rui de Sá

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 2:07 pm

Jesus why do they do this to us portuguese fans.
They just keep teasing us with a portuguese dub of Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 that will never happen :cry: . It's really good but it's also torture.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iyZ2OiDAYnA

BTW: Our DBZ dub was not one of the best, not even close, but in the movies we really did the best job we could with ABGroupe especially considering what happened in the Big Green Dub.

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Wed Nov 23, 2016 4:49 pm

Watching episode 18. The acting really does seem to have improved and Vegeta's decent now. Wow, so glad that happened. I wonder though, how will he deal with the future scream he'll have to suffer through?

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:03 pm

sangofe wrote:Watching episode 18. The acting really does seem to have improved and Vegeta's decent now. Wow, so glad that happened. I wonder though, how will he deal with the future scream he'll have to suffer through?
Wait why are you wondering about the scream? What scream?

sangofe
Kicks it Old-School

Post by sangofe » Wed Nov 23, 2016 5:10 pm

Gafonso6 wrote:
sangofe wrote:Watching episode 18. The acting really does seem to have improved and Vegeta's decent now. Wow, so glad that happened. I wonder though, how will he deal with the future scream he'll have to suffer through?
Wait why are you wondering about the scream? What scream?
I meant screams! Battle screams!