Dragon Ball Super in Portugal

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Dragon Ball Super in Portugal

Post by Gafonso6 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:54 pm

SaintEvolution wrote:Well, reconstruct the sound effects was the best route they could have tooked that time. Or maybe just left the japanese song.
Well but unfortunately nobody inside Audio In is that professional, which is a shame since because of that they turned an awesome scene to just awkward. I just hope this never happens again because if it does I'll just give up on the studio and start hoping Sic give the dubing rights to another studio even if it means that the majority of the cast will change.
I'm just a DB fan that's in the grey area that exists between an Hardcore Fanboy and a Casual :P

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:58 pm

Well, one can hope that once Funi releases Super with 5.1 audio hopefully a fan will fix that scene.
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:01 pm

If there's one guy that will do it is the one from TPA Portugal, he corrects a lot of stuff on animes that air in Portugal, for example he is redoing every dubbed Naruto episode without the censorship using the blu-ray footage.
I'm just a DB fan that's in the grey area that exists between an Hardcore Fanboy and a Casual :P

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:49 pm

Our own Puto has done it already with the help from OmegaRockman (who I believe is a Kansenshuu user as well):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEjwinJlqyc
Last edited by omegalucas on Sat Feb 18, 2017 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Sat Feb 18, 2017 6:55 pm

Puto you're the man :clap: !!! Hopefully your video will shut up those kiss asses who accept everything they see and prove to them that the studio isn't perfect and isn't doing the best that they can. THANKS MAN :clap: :clap: :clap:

Puto
I Live Here

Post by Puto » Sat Feb 18, 2017 11:38 pm

Basically I just asked OmegaRockman if he could get me the SFX track from the fandub he did last year of that scene. He did so, and I just had to paste it in.
Blue wrote:I love how Season 2 is so off color even the box managed to be so.

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Sun Feb 19, 2017 4:13 am

Those facebook comments are cringeworthy... So much ignorance, and I'm not even including the nostalgia-driven fans.

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 6:21 am

Now episode 40 was a good episode all way through, with all the SFX and everybody delivered. Well except the translator who messed up once again :yawn: , seriously what the hell is wrong with those women, they're not even translating japanese just pure english.

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Sun Feb 19, 2017 7:38 am

--Episode 40--
Was wondering what they'd use for the Omni-King. They used (The Almighty) 'Zen'Ou'. Nice 8)
Hoping we'll see some form of Zen-chan next episode (Zeninho? Zenzinho?)
Old Kaioshin called (Young) Kaioshin 'Shin'. Now that's something I wasn't expecting, but I totally loved it. I'm betting it's gonna be revealed as his actual name in the Universe Survival Arc anyway so props, Audio In.

Now for the negative stuff. Two errors (well one error and one inconsistency):
1) Mistranslated Monaka as "the strongest warrior from Universe 6" instead of 7.
2) They totally missed next episode's title. Ironically it's actually closer to the script this time but it was supposed to be the same incantation from Episode 31.
Episode 31: "Come Forth Dragon of the Gods and Grant My Wish Pretty Fast" (they translated "pretty peas" as "depressinha")
Episode 41's preview: "Come Forth Sacred Dragon and Grant My Wish Pretty Please".
No consistency at all...

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Sun Feb 19, 2017 8:15 am

omegalucas wrote: 2) They totally missed next episode's title. Ironically it's actually closer to the script this time but it was supposed to be the same incantation from Episode 31.
Episode 31: "Come Forth Dragon of the Gods and Grant My Wish Pretty Fast" (they translated "pretty peas" as "depressinha")
Episode 41's preview: "Come Forth Sacred Dragon and Grant My Wish Pretty Please".
No consistency at all...
That's what happens when you have 3 translators that probably don't work together and don't communicate that much. After I saw how translators from good dubbing studios work while taking a workshop this errors are really stupid.
omegalucas wrote: Hoping we'll see some form of Zen-chan next episode (Zeninho? Zenzinho?)
Maybe they'll actually use Zen-chan. They used Zen-Oh so who knows.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Mon Feb 20, 2017 7:37 pm

-Episode 39 and 40-

How the fuck "professionals" managed to remove the sound effects while editing the audio?! Not even fans do that.

And how "professionals" translate "Times 10" to "Força 10"?! Wasn't obvious that Goku was multiplying his power?!
There's not even excuse for them by saying they choose "força" because of character's lip movements, because "força" and "vezes" have the same size.

I'm not even mad of they keeping translate "Kaioken" , but this errors are just unforgivable. There's just no quality check in that studios.
Good lord, someone save us!

On the bright side, Feist kill it just like I expected. I always knew he would do justice to the Kaioken scene. And in the end, Quimbé turn out to be a good Hit.
Could have been a perfect episode. Stupid Audio-In!
omegalucas wrote:Our own Puto has done it already with the help from OmegaRockman (who I believe is a Kansenshuu user as well):
Great job, but 240p video?! You have a higher quality version than that. :P
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 12:08 pm

The worst part that came out of episode 40 is not even the no SFX part. It was the fact that fans support this crap. People saying it was an artistic choice?! C'mon!

UltimateHammerBro
Advanced Regular

Post by UltimateHammerBro » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:11 pm

They're saying it was an artistic choice? Is that the best excuse they can come up with?
I'm a webcomic artist! Check out http://tapastic.com/series/Hearts

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:14 pm

UltimateHammerBro wrote:They're saying it was an artistic choice? Is that the best excuse they can come up with?
The fans are saying that. Because they're idiots.

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:21 pm

omegalucas wrote:
UltimateHammerBro wrote:They're saying it was an artistic choice? Is that the best excuse they can come up with?
And that's not even the worst one. Besides the so called "fans" trying to silence anyone who isn't kissing anyone involved with team asses the worst one I saw was one who said "If you stop comparing the dub with the source material you'll see you'll stop complaining :) " he actually had the nerve to put a smiley face after that...

UltimateHammerBro
Advanced Regular

Post by UltimateHammerBro » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:25 pm

omegalucas wrote:
This day and age, it sometimes seems that in some sectors of the internet, the only way of not being called a hater is acceptin everything without the slightest criticism, as if you wore a blindfold :cry:

Could you please share a link to those posts? I could use a laugh.
Gafonso6 wrote:And that's not even the worst one. Besides the so called "fans" trying to silence anyone who isn't kissing anyone involved with team asses the worst one I saw was one who said "If you stop comparing the dub with the source material you'll see you'll stop complaining :) " he actually had the nerve to put a smiley face after that...
That's incredibly cringeworthy. Here in Spain, Portugal has a reputation for having an utmost respect for the source material (you know, the whole sub vs dub stuff), so that makes the line funnier for me :lol:

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:30 pm

UltimateHammerBro wrote:
omegalucas wrote:
This day and age, it sometimes seems that in some sectors of the internet, the only way of not being called a hater is acceptin everything without the slightest criticism, as if you wore a blindfold :cry:

Gafonso6 wrote:And that's not even the worst one. Besides the so called "fans" trying to silence anyone who isn't kissing anyone involved with team asses the worst one I saw was one who said "If you stop comparing the dub with the source material you'll see you'll stop complaining :) " he actually had the nerve to put a smiley face after that...
That's incredibly cringeworthy. Here in Spain, Portugal has a reputation for having an utmost respect for the source material (you know, the whole sub vs dub stuff), so that makes the line funnier for me :lol:
https://www.facebook.com/DBZPortugalOficial/
It's the post with Hit's face and saying episode 39. Read the answers to the comment with the most responses.

EDIT: Use Gafonso6's links. They link directly to the posts.
Last edited by omegalucas on Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:34 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:31 pm

UltimateHammerBro wrote:
omegalucas wrote:

Have fun. https://www.facebook.com/DBZPortugalOfi ... =3&theater
The one I talked about is here though. https://www.facebook.com/DBZPortugalOfi ... =3&theater

UltimateHammerBro wrote:
If you don't count Dragon Ball yes. Everything but Dragon Ball and cartoons we prefer the source material. Unless it's really well one like the Naruto Spin Off dub.

UltimateHammerBro
Advanced Regular

Post by UltimateHammerBro » Tue Feb 21, 2017 3:45 pm

omegalucas wrote:EDIT: Use Gafonso6's links. They link directly to the posts.
Oh wow. I did have fun, indeed :lol:
The Spanish and Portuguese fandoms aren't that different, after all. I also liked seeing you two there.
Gafonso6 wrote:If you don't count Dragon Ball yes. Everything but Dragon Ball and cartoons we prefer the source material. Unless it's really well one like the Naruto Spin Off dub.
I understand. It's the dissonance between "source material for most stuff"/"PT_PT FOR DRAGON BALL" which shocks me. It's kind of a double standard.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Thu Feb 23, 2017 5:46 pm

omegalucas wrote:Our own Puto has done it already with the help from OmegaRockman (who I believe is a Kansenshuu user as well):
I was rewatching this and I realized we are still missing the sound effect at 0:11 when Goku blocks Hit's first attack.
Not complaining, but I had to say it. Still a great job! :)
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.