Dragon Ball Super in Portugal

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Dragon Ball Super in Portugal

Post by Gafonso6 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 10:07 am

JohnnyCashKami wrote:If the Portuguese dub of Super Broly turns out to be good and is proven lucrative, then maybe they could also dub Battle of Gods, Resurrection F and Kai/Kai TFC.
While Kai and Kai TFC are very unlikely BoG and RoF chances of getting dubbed are higher then ever since DB is with Biggs now.
I'm just a DB fan that's in the grey area that exists between an Hardcore Fanboy and a Casual :P

diogoarez
Beyond Newbie

Post by diogoarez » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:39 am

Some(Full?) Cast revealed:
- Miguel Raposo
- Cristina Cavalinhos
- João Loy
- Quimbé
- Tomás Alves
- Romeu Vala
- Rui de Sá
- Joana Castro

I really hope this isn't the final one and just the one that appears on the movie's pages and usually sent by the producer with some of the cast, because if so the series will still have a shitty cast when it comes to numbers.

BlueChi
Not-So-Newbie

Post by BlueChi » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:43 am

diogoarez wrote:Some(Full?) Cast revealed:
- Miguel Raposo
- Cristina Cavalinhos
- João Loy
- Quimbé
- Tomás Alves
- Romeu Vala
- Rui de Sá
- Joana Castro

I really hope this isn't the final one and just the one that appears on the movie's pages and usually sent by the producer with some of the cast, because if so the series will still have a shitty cast when it comes to numbers.
It's still too early to have the series' cast proper revealed so this is probably the movie's cast only. Biggs and Audio-In have months ahead of them to figure out who to cast for the rest of the series, although knowing Audio-In...

diogoarez
Beyond Newbie

Post by diogoarez » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:45 am

BlueChi wrote:
- Miguel Raposo
- Cristina Cavalinhos
- João Loy
- Quimbé
- Tomás Alves
- Romeu Vala
- Rui de Sá
- Joana Castro

It's still too early to have the series' cast proper revealed so this is probably the movie's cast only. Biggs and Audio-In have months ahead of them to figure out who to cast for the rest of the series, although knowing Audio-In...
Yeah, that's what worries me tbh...

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 11:48 am

- Miguel Raposo
- Cristina Cavalinhos
- João Loy
- Quimbé
- Tomás Alves
- Romeu Vala
- Rui de Sá
- Joana Castro

I would say this probably isn't the full cast but just the main cast. Usually aditional voices get snubbed when it comes to credits. Miguel Raposo is officialy Goku and that's great, if he did so well with that clearly rushed casting tape he'll do even better when actually dubbing Goku. Wasn't recognising who Tomás Alves was from the name but once I knew who he was I just thought that he was perfect for Broly, especially after watching this interview and hearing his voice.

The poster was also revealed and I swear Funimation|Films' logo is there besides Toei's logo
The synopsis was also released and it confirms they'll keep "Space Warriors" but they'll use Goku and not Songoku.
I'm just a DB fan that's in the grey area that exists between an Hardcore Fanboy and a Casual :P

diogoarez
Beyond Newbie

Post by diogoarez » Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:04 pm

Gafonso6 wrote:
- Miguel Raposo
- Cristina Cavalinhos
- João Loy
- Quimbé
- Tomás Alves
- Romeu Vala
- Rui de Sá
- Joana Castro

I would say this probably isn't the full cast but just the main cast. Usually aditional voices get snubbed when it comes to credits. Miguel Raposo is officialy Goku and that's great, if he did so well with that clearly rushed casting tape he'll do even better when actually dubbing Goku. Wasn't recognising who Tomás Alves was from the name but once I knew who he was I just thought that he was perfect for Broly, especially after watching this interview and hearing his voice.

The poster was also revealed and I swear Funimation|Films' logo is there besides Toei's logo
The synopsis was also released and it confirms they'll keep "Space Warriors" but they'll use Goku and not Songoku.
Really? Interesting since they'll also keep ''Feijões Mágicos'' and such.

diogoarez
Beyond Newbie

Post by diogoarez » Mon Feb 18, 2019 12:08 pm

Oh that's Tomás Alves? I knew I had heard his name before! He's a really good actor.

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:29 pm

The synopsis isn't a good place to look for dubisms. It's more than likely a direct translation of the English one and they just changed the most obvious term (Saiyans/Guerreiros do Espaço) and kept the others as is (Goku and Frieza).
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Mon Feb 18, 2019 1:52 pm

Feist's reputation is just going downhill.

First the Nozawa's polemic and now he doesn't accept the role, because the payment isn't enough. We all need money, but he could have been a little considerate to his fans in this situation. It's not everyday we have a DB Movie in theaters.

Hopefully Rui de Sá doesn't get Beerus. I don't think he's good enough for the role. He should voice Bah. :lol:
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Mon Feb 18, 2019 2:27 pm

It seems this Miguel Raposo dude will voice Feist's roles, and Tomás Alves will voice Spínola's voices.

So, for the Broly movie, is very likely to have Miguel voicing Goku and Trunks, and Tomás voicing Beerus, Frieza and Broly.

JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:22 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote:Feist's reputation is just going downhill.

First the Nozawa's polemic and now he doesn't accept the role, because the payment isn't enough. We all need money, but he could have been a little considerate to his fans in this situation. It's not everyday we have a DB Movie in theaters.

Hopefully Rui de Sá doesn't get Beerus. I don't think he's good enough for the role. He should voice Bah. :lol:
After the comment he made about Masako Nozawa, I lost all respect for him that being as a person and as an artist. It's not as though someone even needed to have doctored it, he ruined his image on his own.

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 3:44 pm

The FB page just said to me that Broly probably be player by Romeu Vala but they weren't sure. This at least confirms that Romeu Vala participated on the castings for Broly.

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Mon Feb 18, 2019 8:14 pm

SaintEvolution wrote:It seems this Miguel Raposo dude will voice Feist's roles, and Tomás Alves will voice Spínola's voices.
I really doubt all of Feist and Spínola roles will be transferred to only those two.

For example, Shenron who has been voiced by Spínola, is gonna to be voiced by Quimbé in the movie.

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:34 pm

More two members of the cast confirmed by one of the owners of Audio-In: Luís Lobão and Gonçalo Carvalho. No idea who they are but good to see the cast grow.

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Mon Feb 18, 2019 9:41 pm

Gafonso6 wrote:More two members of the cast confirmed by one of the owners of Audio-In: Luís Lobão and Gonçalo Carvalho. No idea who they are but good to see the cast grow.
I dunno about Lobão but I remember Gonçalo was the voice of Sonic The Hedgehog in Sonic Boom.

This is nice. I hope they get a third woman in the cast so Joana Castro doesn't get overwhelmed with too many roles.

diogoarez
Beyond Newbie

Post by diogoarez » Tue Feb 19, 2019 4:17 am

Gafonso6 wrote:More two members of the cast confirmed by one of the owners of Audio-In: Luís Lobão and Gonçalo Carvalho. No idea who they are but good to see the cast grow.
Really hope we get at least one more Woman.

Puto
I Live Here

Post by Puto » Tue Feb 19, 2019 5:19 am

Considering the movie only has three female characters total, and they never share any screen time, it doesn't seem that important.
Blue wrote:I love how Season 2 is so off color even the box managed to be so.

diogoarez
Beyond Newbie

Post by diogoarez » Tue Feb 19, 2019 10:20 am

Cinema City will already start selling tickets this Thursday

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Tue Feb 19, 2019 2:47 pm

diogoarez wrote:Cinema City will already start selling tickets this Thursday
NOS too.

JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Tue Feb 19, 2019 3:12 pm

When do they release a trailer of Super Broly with the Portuguese dub?