Dragon Ball Super in Portugal

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Re: Dragon Ball Super in Portugal

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sat Jun 25, 2016 8:57 pm

omegalucas wrote:I've been reading the comments and quite a few voice actors outside of Dragon Ball want a piece too. Like Michel Simeão (Natsu in Fairy Tail I think, and a lot of Digimon characters).
It just shows how big DB is here :D

Also, am I the only one who'd actually like Rómulo Fragoso as Whis?
Don't know about him. Characters he did?
I barely follow any of them, but Mário Bomba is hungry for a piece too. I can see him to sneak in.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Sat Jun 25, 2016 9:14 pm

He's half of the male characters on Sailor Moon Crystal (the other half being Rogério Jacques xD), Yamato on Naruto and Quasimodo on The Hunchback of Notre Dame.

As for Bomba, i could see him as Kaioh with his Jiraya voice. I blame that on Abridged. :lol:
I'd prefer if he wasn't on the team though, his voice is everywhere, it's annoying xD

Also there's people asking for Luís Franco-Bastos as a replacement for the late António Semedo. It's something I have considered myself before, but I'm not sure if it is a good idea... Well, it could work for the narrator, but for the other characters I'm not particularly sure...
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

Puto
I Live Here

Post by Puto » Sun Jun 26, 2016 6:39 am

omegalucas wrote:Also, am I the only one who'd actually like Rómulo Fragoso as Whis?
Please, no. He was the worst part of the Sailor Moon Crystal dub, by far. Going by SMC, he seems to have zero emotion.
Blue wrote:I love how Season 2 is so off color even the box managed to be so.

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Sun Jun 26, 2016 7:23 am

That is true, though. I was thinking mainly of his voice tone...
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

Luso Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Luso Saiyan » Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:30 pm

Mildly curious about this. They probably won't review any of the names and terms to be more accurate, which is a shame. But I at least expect a more faithful and professional dub than what we got with DB and specially DBZ. The nostalgia fix will only last 10 seconds.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sun Jun 26, 2016 5:42 pm

I heard Toei was been really strict nowadays when with comes to use the original names and terms. All the new animes that are coming I see in JPN, so I can't confirm this.
I don't mind if wee keep stuff like "Super Guerreiros" and "Cachalote", but I definitely don't want stupid jokes about Big Show SIC and Jorge Gabriel.

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:00 pm

There was a livestream yesterday on the Dragon Ball de Portugal Facebook page, with João Loy.
So far, according to him, only Feist (Goku) has been contacted, but they will try to reach the other voice actors.
Anyway, as Feist told me over chat on Facebook a few moments ago, nothing is set on stone yet. We'll have to wait.

From the livestream, they want to improvise quite a bit again on the dub... (let's hope either Audio In or Toei have a grip on them and do not let them go overboard with it...).
If they can, they'll dub the opening.
Also, they want to keep "Não percam o próximo episódio, porque nós também não!" as a tribute to António Semedo, possibly using a clip from Z or something like that (and I'm kinda fine with that, as long as it is like in the preview or somewhere where it doesn't clash with the rest).

Luso Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Luso Saiyan » Wed Jun 29, 2016 4:53 am

omegalucas wrote:From the livestream, they want to improvise quite a bit again on the dub... (let's hope either Audio In or Toei have a grip on them and do not let them go overboard with it...).
Ugh... Why is there this misconception on their part that the improvised jokes and gags from the cast were what made it a success? Sure, some of them stuck in people's minds and were made memorable, but it wasn't those things that made it special. The story, characters and universe in general were.

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Wed Jun 29, 2016 5:14 am

It's because the little folk keeps repeating those jokes and asking for more and more and more...
Anyway Loy just explained the situation: Feist was contacted and gave Audio In the VAs' (well at least Loy, Spinola, Cavalinhos and himself) conditions for the work. They are waiting for Audio In's call accepting it.

Luso Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Luso Saiyan » Wed Jun 29, 2016 12:58 pm

omegalucas wrote:It's because the little folk keeps repeating those jokes and asking for more and more and more...
And now they are going to give them those 4th wall breaking jokes. I don't even care that much since I watch the original japanese version, but it's a shame that new fans will be introduced that way to Dragon Ball just to appease some casual, nostalgic fans.

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Wed Jun 29, 2016 1:08 pm

Luso Saiyan wrote: And now they are going to give them those 4th wall breaking jokes. I don't even care that much since I watch the original japanese version, but it's a shame that new fans will be introduced that way to Dragon Ball just to appease some casual, nostalgic fans.
Unfortunately those causal fans are probably the majority. I don't mind the jokes as long as they a) aren't too frequent and overdone — GT and the movies had the perfect balance to me — and b) there aren't references to TV show and people... I want the DB Universe intact.

I have been thinking and maybe Rui de Sá could be a good voice for Beerus. Well at least better than Monchique... Some people want Monchique for Beerus.

https://youtu.be/MIlrCiiCbUo

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Wed Jun 29, 2016 9:27 pm

I don't care about the Portuguese dub AT ALL but I'm curious enough to watch this. I'm kinda fearing what the reaction will be when people realize Super isn't Z.

The dub of Super probably won't have a win-win situation because they'll either be forced to stick with the actual script and the fans will bitch or they'll adlib again and turn this into a joke. Personally, I think Toei will be strict with the lines and the voice actors will be allowed to adlib a little bit, so we have the "best" of both worlds.
omegalucas wrote:I have been thinking and maybe Rui de Sá could be a good voice for Beerus. Well at least better than Monchique... Some people want Monchique for Beerus.
Ever since he commented on Audio In dubbing Super, I got the feeling he would be included. He has a nice voice and does a good enough job in "Águia Vermelha" so he could be a good new member for the cast.

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Thu Jun 30, 2016 4:05 am

alakazam^ wrote:Personally, I think Toei will be strict with the lines and the voice actors will be allowed to adlib a little bit, so we have the "best" of both worlds.
This is my hope as well.

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Thu Jul 21, 2016 9:51 am

Any news about it?

Alee9977
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Alee9977 » Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:22 pm

Those are big news for Portuguese DB fans, you got DBS, and the original cast, so happy for you.
I don't know when we are getting DBS here because Kai dub didn't finish yet, there were problems with the cast but they are on their way, it seems it won't be like the first part of Kai where we didn't have the original cast but everything is solved now.
Happy to see that Super is already confirmed in a lot of places.

Luso Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Luso Saiyan » Thu Jul 21, 2016 12:34 pm

Alee9977 wrote:Those are big news for Portuguese DB fans, you got DBS, and the original cast, so happy for you.
And I hope they stick to the original script.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Thu Jul 21, 2016 5:37 pm

alakazam^ wrote:I don't care about the Portuguese dub AT ALL but I'm curious enough to watch this. I'm kinda fearing what the reaction will be when people realize Super isn't Z.
We are talking about the country that re-airs DB and GT frequently without any problem, because they also do good.
Of course not as much as DBZ, but that's the same everywhere. DBZ is unquestionable what made this frachise shake the entire world.

More important that Super quality itself, keep the original dub cast will make or break this series for a lot of people.

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:32 am

There are some news to be revealed soon apparently. There's a dinner tonight with Loy, Cavalinhos (she's not entirely confirmed though) and the guys from the Dragon Ball Portugal Facebook page and they said they would give some news there. I'm gonna be there so I'll let you guys know x)

alakazam^
I Live Here

Post by alakazam^ » Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:52 am

I read somewhere that 4 "old" voice actors were already confirmed and I assumed they were Henrique Feist, Ricardo Spínola, João Loy and Cristina Cavalinhos but I don't know for sure. Other than them I can only think about Fernanda Figueiredo, there are not many options left, really.

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Fri Jul 22, 2016 6:35 am

alakazam^ wrote:I read somewhere that 4 "old" voice actors were already confirmed and I assumed they were Henrique Feist, Ricardo Spínola, João Loy and Cristina Cavalinhos but I don't know for sure. Other than them I can only think about Fernanda Figueiredo, there are not many options left, really.
Yeah, the guys from the Facebook page have been saying these four are confirmed, but they explained yesterday that "confirmed" meant they are willing to return. Apparently, the producer Audio In is having some negociations with SIC regarding the voice actors return and that's what is taking so long, but they say things are proceeding smoothly.
Also, they also said all past voice actors have been contacted (not sure about the elusive Vítor Rocha though), but I have no idea if they are willing to return as well.