Dragon Ball Super in Portugal

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Dragon Ball Super in Portugal

Post by Gafonso6 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 11:34 am

diogoarez wrote: Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:17 am They fixed the error but some cinemas like Colombo are gone.
Looks like Colombo isn't gone but it just has less sessions due to "Us".
I'm just a DB fan that's in the grey area that exists between an Hardcore Fanboy and a Casual :P

Luso Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Luso Saiyan » Wed Mar 20, 2019 12:12 pm

Looks like they've finally fixed it. I guess I'll be watching the dub this Saturday, if only to satisfy my curiosity. Let's hope I won't cringe too much...

Luso Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Luso Saiyan » Thu Mar 21, 2019 7:20 am

High-res version of the poster:

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:38 pm

Is it me or they called Cold both General and Lieutenant in the dub?
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:05 pm

omegalucas wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:38 pm Is it me or they called Cold both General and Lieutenant in the dub?
Yes, they do. That's the only "big" mistake that I found in the dub but it's such a little mistake in an overall wonderfully casted dub that I can't help but let it pass.

Unregarded to the Broly movie I have good news and bad news. Bad news first, new episodes of Super will only start airing on 26th July wiht Super ending on 30th August and that last date leads into the good news that are regarding the continuation of Super. It's a pretty big non-secret that new episodes of Super will start airing this Summer (almost certainly in July) and a lesser know non-secret that Toei Europe is already licensing simulcast rights for the new episodes of Super, and Biggs has acquired the rights to air a new anime when September starts, possibly from Toei (can't say for certain), that is yet to be released in Japan, this anime is almost certainly the continuation of Super and since when they'll start airing it there will only be 9 episodes aired in Japan this will probably be the first anime simulcast in Portugal. Also, I'm only certain the Biggs has the rights for an anime that is yet to be released in Japan, all of the rest is just a theory.
I'm just a DB fan that's in the grey area that exists between an Hardcore Fanboy and a Casual :P

wjbraden
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by wjbraden » Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:36 am

Gafonso6 wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 6:05 pm
omegalucas wrote: Fri Mar 22, 2019 4:38 pm Is it me or they called Cold both General and Lieutenant in the dub?
Yes, they do. That's the only "big" mistake that I found in the dub but it's such a little mistake in an overall wonderfully casted dub that I can't help but let it pass.

Unregarded to the Broly movie I have good news and bad news. Bad news first, new episodes of Super will only start airing on 26th July wiht Super ending on 30th August and that last date leads into the good news that are regarding the continuation of Super. It's a pretty big non-secret that new episodes of Super will start airing this Summer (almost certainly in July) and a lesser know non-secret that Toei Europe is already licensing simulcast rights for the new episodes of Super, and Biggs has acquired the rights to air a new anime when September starts, possibly from Toei (can't say for certain), that is yet to be released in Japan, this anime is almost certainly the continuation of Super and since when they'll start airing it there will only be 9 episodes aired in Japan this will probably be the first anime simulcast in Portugal. Also, I'm only certain the Biggs has the rights for an anime that is yet to be released in Japan, all of the rest is just a theory.
Do you have a source for that info, Gafonso6?
Interested in learning about the many international dubs of Dragon Ball? Then contribute to our Dragon Ball International Dubs spreadsheet here!: https://goo.gl/Zay3za It's open for anyone to edit* and view, so go ahead and add your own information to our ever-growing list!

* If you request access with a google account.

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Sat Mar 23, 2019 5:47 am

wjbraden wrote: Sat Mar 23, 2019 4:36 am Do you have a source for that info, Gafonso6?
All I can say is that it came from someone directly involved with Dreamia (Biggs' parent company) but just like I said it's just a theory, a very possible theory but just a theory.

Luso Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Luso Saiyan » Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:34 pm

Planned to watch it yesterday, but only managed to watch it today. Empty room too, which was great.

As for the dub, to my surprise it was actually quite good. Specially the performances, I don't think there was one I didn't like (maybe Leek, because it was noticeably Loy and the voice didn't fit the character). Even Gine grew on me after the bad first impression I got from the clip.

The script was also surprisingly faithful, which was good. Sadly, the naming scheme wasn't changed/fixed, and there were some cringe-worthy insertions like the 'Fortnite' reference, and to a lesser degree 'Rosa Mota'. The glaring error of Colonel/General Cold was also something that shouldn't have passed QC.

While watching it I realized that it really is a shame that this effort to dub it properly and have a theatrical release didn't happen back in 2013 with Battle of Gods, since this follows the events and established content from the previous two movies.

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Sun Mar 24, 2019 3:51 pm

Interesting detail I just noticed, the most recent posters from the movie replaced the Funimation logo with the Selecta Visión logo.
Maybe this means the chances of us getting a physical release are higher than ever? Sure hope so.

JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:05 pm

Well, then. There's a possibility of Selecta Vision to finally produce anime BDs/DVDs for the Portuguese but if they see that the sales tank, it's the first and last.

diogoarez
Beyond Newbie

Post by diogoarez » Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:33 pm

The movie has surpassed 115.000€ in revenue since release, with this weekend alone grossing 29.000€, really hope we can get even more. I'm seeing it this week so I'll help the numbers.

Luso Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Luso Saiyan » Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:36 pm

That's right.

In 11 days:

Box office: € 117772.02
Spectators: 21730

JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:58 pm

Luso Saiyan wrote: Mon Mar 25, 2019 2:36 pm That's right.

In 11 days:

Box office: € 117772.02
Spectators: 21730
That's impressive for Portugal. Let's see how a home release would do.

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 5:10 pm

At least the movie is already making profit since Big Picture was so afraid of this being a flop that they didn't even out in 100k euros for the whole thing, including rights, dubbing marketing, etc.

PTOldMan

Post by PTOldMan » Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:29 pm

I just want to say that the dubbed version of the movie was great. By this point almost everything about the dub has been said, I just want to point out two errors that I noticed (minor mistakes, of course, but they should have been avoided):
- When that drunk Freeza soldier was messing with Cheelai, he talks to her as if she is male, "és o novo recruta". I haven't seen a proper subbed version of the movie, but he seems to be clearly messing with Cheelai, and yet for the first half of the conversation it's as if he's talking to a man. This mistakes are understandable, as the sentences in English aren't gender specific (I suppose the script was based on an international version), but they should have noticed it. (In Portuguese dubs these errors are quite common, same with translating "you" for "tu" when it should be "vocês", but they should be spotted by looking at the images)
- Goku saying that Freeza cannot wish to be stronger than them or something like that because "Ninguém é mais forte que o dragão sagrado". Again, I haven't seen a proper subbed version, but this doesn't make sense. Normally throughout the series they say that they cannot wish for something that exceeds the power of Shenron, here they are just saying that nobody is stronger than him, which doesn't make sense as a justification and is not even true.

But all in all they did a great job.

The subbed version, on the other hand, had a great problem. The fact that the subtitles are the dub script without the jokes is a shame. It was great to see the Japanese version on the big screen, but I will still need to watch the movie again in the future whenever there is a proper translation of the Japanese, not just a translation of a translation.

Luso Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Luso Saiyan » Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:02 pm

PTOldMan wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 1:29 pm- Goku saying that Freeza cannot wish to be stronger than them or something like that because "Ninguém é mais forte que o dragão sagrado". Again, I haven't seen a proper subbed version, but this doesn't make sense. Normally throughout the series they say that they cannot wish for something that exceeds the power of Shenron, here they are just saying that nobody is stronger than him, which doesn't make sense as a justification and is not even true.
The correct translation is: "He ain't able to wish for anything beyond Shenlong's power, so wishing to be made the strongest in the universe is out."

diogoarez
Beyond Newbie

Post by diogoarez » Thu Mar 28, 2019 4:36 pm

Feist just did an interview where he roasted Audio-In https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... 2916893683

Luso Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Luso Saiyan » Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:27 pm

Low wages issues aside, both sides are too hung up on the details. Audio In should have said that he refused the series, not the movie. And Feist should accept the implication that by refusing the series, he's refusing to play the part in the IP (that includes the movie or any other related product).

diogoarez
Beyond Newbie

Post by diogoarez » Thu Mar 28, 2019 6:32 pm

Luso Saiyan wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 5:27 pm Low wages issues aside, both sides are too hung up on the details. Audio In should have said that he refused the series, not the movie. And Feist should accept the implication that by refusing the series, he's refusing to play the part in the IP (that includes the movie or any other related product).
True but if some of these things are true, fuck Audio In, if it wasn't for Feist doing it for free we might not have gotten the amazing TOP opening, stuff like this pisses me off.

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Sat Mar 30, 2019 8:50 am

In 2 weeks the movie made:

Box office: € 123280.77
Spectators: 22762

Dropping form 3rd place to 6th place from it's first to second week the movie is still on of the most successful movies from the last 14 days. Let's hope it can keep it's place on the Top 10 for it's third weekend.