Dragon Ball Super in Portugal

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Luso Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Re: Dragon Ball Super in Portugal

Post by Luso Saiyan » Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:41 pm

Just discovered that it's only available subbed in my city. Even though I prefer subbed, I was actually more curious about the dubbed version. I mean, where else is one going to watch it in the future?
omegalucas wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 1:01 pmMore like €29.99 for the standard and €34,99 for the special edition. Blu-Rays are still stupidly expensive.
They don't do those prices for years. A brand new movie in 4K BD, sure, you get €34,99. But Blu-ray and DVDs are cheaper. €20/€25 tops for a new movie on Blu-ray.

Unfortunately I doubt we'll get it.

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Fri Mar 15, 2019 4:58 pm

Luso Saiyan wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2019 3:41 pm Just discovered that it's only available subbed in my city. Even though I prefer subbed, I was actually more curious about the dubbed version. I mean, where else is one going to watch it in the future?
Biggs will without a doubt air it eventually, I wouldn't be surprised if Portugal was the first country to air the movie on TV.

A physical release will depend on the success of the movie here, the reason Big Picture took so long to distribute the movie was because they were afraid of it being a flop and with the quality of the dub and also a sub version on theatres I'm fairly sure this will be a moderate success.
I'm just a DB fan that's in the grey area that exists between an Hardcore Fanboy and a Casual :P

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:36 am

Loy keeps spewing crap about people wanting his (old) job. Jesus that guy is delusional. Humility isn't a word in his dictionary. And his rabid fanbase keeps attacking the few people who call him on his arrogance.
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

Desassina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Desassina » Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:43 pm

I saw the movie in Braga at night on its opening day. Can anyone confirm me whether the subbed version is Japanese or English? I'm asking because the ending song had English lyrics, and the sound quality didn't allow people to listen to the music, but the characters yelling and screaming at each other during fights. I hope that the original wasn't this badly mixed, but props to the voice cast in the Portuguese dub, Goku calling himself "Cachalote" notwithstanding :P The crowd was laughing at Bulma and Goku on the plane, Vegeta's fusion joke, and Broly's reason to call his friend by his name.

JohnnyCashKami
Temporarily Banned

Post by JohnnyCashKami » Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:48 pm

omegalucas wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 5:36 am Loy keeps spewing crap about people wanting his (old) job. Jesus that guy is delusional. Humility isn't a word in his dictionary. And his rabid fanbase keeps attacking the few people who call him on his arrogance.
Huh, did Loy decide to Feist it up too? I'm out of the loop so I dunno but if so, that's awesome. Time for a new Portuguese Vegeta! 😀

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:56 pm

Desassina wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:43 pm I saw the movie in Braga at night on its opening day. Can anyone confirm me whether the subbed version is Japanese or English? I'm asking because the ending song had English lyrics, and the sound quality didn't allow people to listen to the music, but the characters yelling and screaming at each other during fights. I hope that the original wasn't this badly mixed, but props to the voice cast in the Portuguese dub, Goku calling himself "Cachalote" notwithstanding :P The crowd was laughing at Bulma and Goku on the plane, Vegeta's fusion joke, and Broly's reason to call his friend by his name.
Yes, the subbed version is Japanese, international versions of the movie just use engrish "Blizzard". I actually had no mixing problems, I believe this may just be a problem with the theatre and not with the movie since the mixing was perfect for me.
JohnnyCashKami wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:48 pm Huh, did Loy decide to Feist it up too? I'm out of the loop so I dunno but if so, that's awesome. Time for a new Portuguese Vegeta! 😀
If by "Feist it up" you mean criticizing the japanese version than no, Loy is actually very respectful of all dubs. Loy is just an asshole that believes anyone that critcizes him wants his job and just keeps talking about this over and over.
I'm just a DB fan that's in the grey area that exists between an Hardcore Fanboy and a Casual :P

Desassina
I'm, pretty, cozy, here...

Post by Desassina » Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:21 pm

Gafonso6 wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 1:56 pmYes, the subbed version is Japanese, international versions of the movie just use engrish "Blizzard". I actually had no mixing problems, I believe this may just be a problem with the theatre and not with the movie since the mixing was perfect for me.
What kind of session or which theatre did you go to?

Any recommendation to watch it again, only this time subbed, and in Braga?

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:59 pm

Desassina wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 2:21 pm What kind of session or which theatre did you go to?

Any recommendation to watch it again, only this time subbed, and in Braga?
I went to see it dubbed in Almada Forum.

Sorry but I got nothing, could be a room thing or a theatre thing. My recommendation is to just take the risk with the subbed version since mixing complaints are close to none.

Tian
Advanced Regular

Post by Tian » Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:03 pm

So far, the cast list is like this:

• Miguel Raposo - Goku

• João Loy - Vegeta, Piccolo

• Romeu Vala - Broly, Whis

• Tomás Alves - Freeza

• Joana Castro - Cheelai, Berryblue

• Quimbé - Lemo, Shenron

• Cristina Cavalinhos - Bulma, Gine

• Rui de Sá - Paragus

• Gonçalo Carvalho - Bardock, Kikono

• Luis Lobão - Beerus, King Vegeta

Goten, Nappa, Raditz and Trunks still need to be identified.

Danfun64
Advanced Regular

Post by Danfun64 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 3:51 pm

Desassina wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 12:43 pm I saw the movie in Braga at night on its opening day. Can anyone confirm me whether the subbed version is Japanese or English? I'm asking because the ending song had English lyrics, and the sound quality didn't allow people to listen to the music, but the characters yelling and screaming at each other during fights. I hope that the original wasn't this badly mixed, but props to the voice cast in the Portuguese dub, Goku calling himself "Cachalote" notwithstanding :P The crowd was laughing at Bulma and Goku on the plane, Vegeta's fusion joke, and Broly's reason to call his friend by his name.
It appears that the Engrish ending theme is used with all foreign dubs. Hell, it's even in the Japanese audio in some foreign releases. The same pattern has happened for Battle of Gods and Resurrection 'F'. In other words hearing the English music at the end of a subbed screening might not mean anything.
Robo4900 wrote:Mouse is BRILLIANT SCIENTIST dumb.
CAT LOVES FOOD dumb.
Jack is just kinda dumb.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:00 pm

Loy is a drama queen. It's hard to take him serious anymore.

And speaking of Loy, things like this should never happen.

That "Deixa-me rir agora" "joke" was randomly put during Vegeta vs Broly on a whim of Loy and this guy. Hopefully when Loy leaves, his fanclub goes away with him. Have people reading the script and look for a good place to reuse a "joke" that it's not even funny anymore is ridiculous.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:16 pm

FortuneSSJ wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:00 pm Loy is a drama queen. It's hard to take him serious anymore.

And speaking of Loy, things like this should never happen.

That "Deixa-me rir agora" "joke" was randomly put during Vegeta vs Broly on a whim of Loy and this guy. Hopefully when Loy leaves, his fanclub goes away with him. Have people reading the script and look for a good place to reuse a "joke" that it's not even funny anymore is ridiculous.
Yikes... I didn't even see that review to the end since their dub criticism is just based on nostalgia (HOW IS MIGUEL RAPOSO TOO CHILDISH AND NOT MATURE LIKE FEIST? SINCE WHEN DID FEIST HAVE A MATURE VOICE?). Thankfully all of that is gone now that Loy is gone and I'm 100% ready to accept the new Vegeta (whoever he is).

diogoarez
Beyond Newbie

Post by diogoarez » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:29 am

FFS the page is a cancer to the fandom...
They now want to send Miguel Raposo and Tomás Alves away to get Feist, Spinola and Loy back

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:39 am

diogoarez wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:29 am FFS the page is a cancer to the fandom...
They now want to send Miguel Raposo and Tomás Alves away to get Feist, Spinola and Loy back
CLEARING THIS UP: The page had nothing to do with that post. That was Loy trying to pass as the page by not signing that post (he's showing regret of saying goodbye after the fans Said goodbye with no problem). If you go read the post now you'll see that it is now signed with João Loy and that signature was done by us (the team that actually manages the page).

Luso Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Luso Saiyan » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:39 am

In 4 days (March 14 to 17):

Box office: 73.270,01 €
Audience: 13405
Theaters: 57
Screenings: 842

Second most watched movie nationwide since its debut (behind Captain Marvel).

Quebaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Quebaz » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:21 am

Luso Saiyan wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:39 am In 4 days (March 14 to 17):

Box office: 73.270,01 €
Audience: 13405
Theaters: 57
Screenings: 842

Second most watched movie nationwide since its debut (behind Captain Marvel).
Is this the dub and subbed screenings combined?
A LUZ INFINITA!
Steam: Quebaz
PSN: BSSJ3
Tumblr

diogoarez
Beyond Newbie

Post by diogoarez » Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:36 am

Gafonso6 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:39 am
diogoarez wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:29 am FFS the page is a cancer to the fandom...
CLEARING THIS UP: The page had nothing to do with that post. That was Loy trying to pass as the page by not signing that post (he's showing regret of saying goodbye after the fans Said goodbye with no problem). If you go read the post now you'll see that it is now signed with João Loy and that signature was done by us (the team that actually manages the page).
Sorry, then it's even worse since Loy is doing what he vowed we shouldn't do now that there were new people on the team.

Luso Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Luso Saiyan » Mon Mar 18, 2019 9:41 am

Quebaz wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 8:21 amIs this the dub and subbed screenings combined?
Combined. Unfortunately there's no discrimination between the two versions.

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:46 am

FortuneSSJ wrote: Sat Mar 16, 2019 7:00 pm That "Deixa-me rir agora" "joke" was randomly put during Vegeta vs Broly on a whim of Loy and this guy. Hopefully when Loy leaves, his fanclub goes away with him. Have people reading the script and look for a good place to reuse a "joke" that it's not even funny anymore is ridiculous.
I didn't mind the joke this time because it was just that phrase. Had it been the full thing I would have cringed hard. Hated the Fortnite joke also.
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

Quebaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Quebaz » Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:56 am

omegalucas wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2019 10:46 am I didn't mind the joke this time because it was just that phrase. Had it been the full thing I would have cringed hard. Hated the Fortnite joke also.
I love the Fortnite joke so much. It will date the dub hard but holy shit what a well-timed joke, the whole room laughed
A LUZ INFINITA!
Steam: Quebaz
PSN: BSSJ3
Tumblr