Dragon Ball Super in Portugal

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Re: Dragon Ball Super in Portugal

Post by Gafonso6 » Mon May 20, 2019 6:57 pm

SaintEvolution wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 6:38 pm
Gafonso6 wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 3:19 pm
Quebaz wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 3:10 pm

I managed to catch the episode while I was there and it was honestly really bad. I know Simon is a good actor and all, but the voice he chose for the character belongs to Gohan, not Vegeta, hell at times it sounded like he was trying to imitate Miguel's Goku.
I agree to a certain point since I only saw one minute of him as Vegeta but I do believe his Vegeta voice needs to be a little lower and I believe that with time it will be, first time he did Vegeta so I'm going to give him a break. At least it will never be as bad as Vitor Rocha's Vegeta.
Isn't he the voice of Kageyama in the portuguese dub of Haikyuu? I never saw Haikyuu in portuguese, but Kageyama is a teenager character, and I wouldn't imagine him sharing a voice actor with Vegeta and Piccolo.
No he is not, although Kageyama's voice is very similar to one of his many voices he is versatile enough to be a good Vegeta.
I'm just a DB fan that's in the grey area that exists between an Hardcore Fanboy and a Casual :P

TheRed259
Advanced Regular

Post by TheRed259 » Mon May 20, 2019 10:52 pm

Can you tell us again the new VAs for Goku and Vegeta? I want them for my list here.

The new VAs start in DBS episode 96? (I know that Goku's new VA was also in the Broly movie)

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Tue May 21, 2019 2:37 am

TheRed259 wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 10:52 pm Can you tell us again the new VAs for Goku and Vegeta? I want them for my list here.

The new VAs start in DBS episode 96? (I know that Goku's new VA was also in the Broly movie)
Miguel Raposo is Goku and Simon Frankel is Vegeta.

The new VAs start in DBS episode 105.
I'm just a DB fan that's in the grey area that exists between an Hardcore Fanboy and a Casual :P

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:23 am

Well, just got my Broly DVD and it's a Portuguese version of the Selecta Visión release distributed by Films4you. It just feels so good to have a portuguese home release of Broly, even it's just a DVD.

Here are some photos:

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:47 am

Got it too and saw it playing with subs on a FNAC. The player and TV (and I assume the disc itself) were pretty good because the upscale actually looked HD. Too bad the subs are yellow and still the same as the ones played in cinemas ("No one is stronger than the Sacred Dragon"). Props for actually using Freeza tho.
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:53 am

omegalucas wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 10:47 am Got it too and saw it playing with subs on a FNAC. The player and TV (and I assume the disc itself) were pretty good because the upscale actually looked HD. Too bad the subs are yellow and still the same as the ones played in cinemas ("No one is stronger than the Sacred Dragon"). Props for actually using Freeza tho.
The quality of the DVD is actually surprisingly good!

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by SaintEvolution » Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:55 pm

Gafonso6 wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 6:57 pm
SaintEvolution wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 6:38 pm
Gafonso6 wrote: Mon May 20, 2019 3:19 pm

I agree to a certain point since I only saw one minute of him as Vegeta but I do believe his Vegeta voice needs to be a little lower and I believe that with time it will be, first time he did Vegeta so I'm going to give him a break. At least it will never be as bad as Vitor Rocha's Vegeta.
Isn't he the voice of Kageyama in the portuguese dub of Haikyuu? I never saw Haikyuu in portuguese, but Kageyama is a teenager character, and I wouldn't imagine him sharing a voice actor with Vegeta and Piccolo.
No he is not, although Kageyama's voice is very similar to one of his many voices he is versatile enough to be a good Vegeta.
So, who voiced Kageyama?

Also, is there already how to watch the portuguese dub of Broly in good quality?

Quebaz
Advanced Regular

Post by Quebaz » Fri Jun 07, 2019 7:44 am

SaintEvolution wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:55 pm
So, who voiced Kageyama?
Tiago Matias, he's mostly in sports anime dubs and live-action dubs.
A LUZ INFINITA!
Steam: Quebaz
PSN: BSSJ3
Tumblr

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Sun Jun 09, 2019 7:11 pm

SaintEvolution wrote: Wed Jun 05, 2019 11:55 pm Also, is there already how to watch the portuguese dub of Broly in good quality?
Sent you a link through PM

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Mon Jun 24, 2019 1:42 pm

And here it is, after almost one year of waiting new episodes of DBS will start airing on Biggs on July 22nd at 9PM

Luso Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Luso Saiyan » Thu Jul 04, 2019 3:51 pm

I finally got my hands on the movie's DVD and, well, it's a surprisingly good encode (similar, if not the same, as the Selecta Visión DVD). Very high bitrate, at a constant 8 Mbps. No picture artifacts whatsoever to speak of. Considering the previous home video releases that we got, this is a huge step up.

As far as the subtitles go, they are faithful for the most part, but it's clear that it's based on the portuguese dub itself. There's room for improvement, but they are fine.

PTOldMan

Post by PTOldMan » Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:20 pm

What happened to the Facebook page?

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Sat Jul 06, 2019 8:00 pm

PTOldMan wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 1:20 pm What happened to the Facebook page?
FB deleted due to copyright, same thing happened to the MHA Portugal page.

PTOldMan

Post by PTOldMan » Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:01 pm

There are some posters announcing new episodes of Dragon Ball Super on Biggs on some bus stops around my city. Nice!

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:28 pm

PTOldMan wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:01 pm There are some posters announcing new episodes of Dragon Ball Super on Biggs on some bus stops around my city. Nice!
Things like this make me wish Biggs got Super in 2016, Super being actually marketed from the start and at least it would've already aired from start to finish already.

diogoarez
Beyond Newbie

Post by diogoarez » Thu Jul 18, 2019 3:42 pm

PTOldMan wrote: Thu Jul 18, 2019 2:01 pm There are some posters announcing new episodes of Dragon Ball Super on Biggs on some bus stops around my city. Nice!
And with screenings of the first 2 episodes of the ''new dub'' in a cinema. Really exciting times to be a Dragon Ball fan.

FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by FortuneSSJ » Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:00 pm

First Iberanime and now this:

Biggs is not holding back with their marketing. This actually put a smile on my face!
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

Luso Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Luso Saiyan » Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:44 am

It probably won't happen, but I think that if Biggs is successful with DBS, they should get the license for Kai and order a dub later on. Specially now when the main characters have new voice actors, and it would bring some context to those watching DBS that aren't familiar with Dragon Ball.

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:27 am

Luso Saiyan wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 4:44 am It probably won't happen, but I think that if Biggs is successful with DBS, they should get the license for Kai and order a dub later on. Specially now when the main characters have new voice actors, and it would bring some context to those watching DBS that aren't familiar with Dragon Ball.
This is a thing I actually really want them to do, not just because I love the new cast but because I actually want to be able to watch the Z story from start to finish with a dub that's actually good, they can even send it to Audio-In since from what it seems the problem with the Super dub was the cast not getting along with the studio since the My Hero Academia dub is probably the best anime dub Portugal ever got.