Dragon Ball Super in Portugal

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

diogoarez
Beyond Newbie

Re: Dragon Ball Super in Portugal

Post by diogoarez » Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:03 am

I think the theory that the movie was redubbed is true at this point, there was a new trailer where they used Cachalote.

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:47 am

diogoarez wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:03 am I think the theory that the movie was redubbed is true at this point, there was a new trailer where they used Cachalote.
I'm not actually sure about that, they could very well just call him "Kakarotto" in the Minus section and call him Cachalote for the rest of the movie. Either way you'll find out very soon.

Aldo, Romeu Vala sounds perfect as calm Broly. This dub could very well be the best portuguese DB dub ever.
I'm just a DB fan that's in the grey area that exists between an Hardcore Fanboy and a Casual :P

diogoarez
Beyond Newbie

Post by diogoarez » Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:06 am

Gafonso6 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:47 am
diogoarez wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 8:03 am I think the theory that the movie was redubbed is true at this point, there was a new trailer where they used Cachalote.
I'm not actually sure about that, they could very well just call him "Kakarotto" in the Minus section and call him Cachalote for the rest of the movie. Either way you'll find out very soon.

Aldo, Romeu Vala sounds perfect as calm Broly. This dub could very well be the best portuguese DB dub ever.
Romeu is the true MVP, I'm so hyped to hear him tomorrow.

Luso Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Luso Saiyan » Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:36 am

Link...?

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:44 am

Luso Saiyan wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:36 am
Link...?
Here.
I'm just a DB fan that's in the grey area that exists between an Hardcore Fanboy and a Casual :P

Luso Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Luso Saiyan » Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:54 am

Gafonso6 wrote: Fri Mar 08, 2019 9:44 amHere.
So they kept Kakarotto for Bardock & co. and ditched it for the present day? I don't get it.

Also, I didn't like the choices/performances for Bardock and Gine. In comparison, King Vegeta sounded much better.

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:07 am

So, there should be feedback from the pre screening anytime soon right?
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:20 am

omegalucas wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:07 am So, there should be feedback from the pre screening anytime soon right?
Yeah, I would say that in about 30-40 minutes we should start getting the feedback.

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:26 am

diogoarez wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:43 am I just got tickets for the pre release screening, I'll tell you my impressions by then.
So, you're the only one here that has seen it. What do you have to say about this dub? The general impressions have been very positive but can you give us anything about translation, mixing, etc.?

diogoarez
Beyond Newbie

Post by diogoarez » Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:06 pm

Gafonso6 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:26 am
diogoarez wrote: Wed Mar 06, 2019 8:43 am I just got tickets for the pre release screening, I'll tell you my impressions by then.
So, you're the only one here that has seen it. What do you have to say about this dub? The general impressions have been very positive but can you give us anything about translation, mixing, etc.?
Since I'm not home yet I'm just going to say this...this is the best Portuguese DB dub ever done imo and I might even dare to say one of the best overall in recent memory. Audio In really did an amazing job this time.
As for the rest, Romeu is just Godly as Broly and his screams are on point. Loy had an amazing sendoff as Vegeta and Miguel Raposo in fights is incredible, better than Feist I would say.
As for the mixing... LisbonWorks did a terrific job overall, but when the Chant music like Kakarot vs Broly began I started to feel pain in my ears due to how loud it was. I've seen countless movies in my life but those segments were the loudest I've heard in a theater by a longshot.

I Will try to answer more stuff when I get home

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:08 pm

diogoarez wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:06 pm
Since I'm not home yet I'm just going to say this...this is the best Portuguese DB dub ever done imo and I might even dare to say one of the best overall in recent memory. Audio In really did an amazing job this time.
As for the rest, Romeu is just Godly as Broly and his screams are on point. Loy had an amazing sendoff as Vegeta and Miguel Raposo in fights is incredible, better than Feist I would say.
As for the mixing... LisbonWorks did a terrific job overall, but when the Chant music like Kakarot vs Broly began I started to feel pain in my ears due to how loud it was. I've seen countless movies in my life but those segments were the loudest I've heard in a theater by a longshot.

Did they go with Kakarot, Cachalote or both? What about the rest of the dub terms?
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

diogoarez
Beyond Newbie

Post by diogoarez » Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:22 pm

omegalucas wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:08 pm

Did they go with Kakarot, Cachalote or both? What about the rest of the dub terms?
Both, but they did a good job mixing them. Kakarotto is his name, Cachalote is a nickname.

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:24 pm

diogoarez wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:22 pm

Both, but they did a good job mixing them. Kakarotto is his name, Cachalote is a nickname.
Was "Goku" ever used or was it always "Son Goku"?
Also Beerus' new voice, was it good?

diogoarez
Beyond Newbie

Post by diogoarez » Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:30 pm

Gafonso6 wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:24 pm
diogoarez wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:22 pm

Was "Goku" ever used or was it always "Son Goku"?
Also Beerus' new voice, was it good?
Decent, but a notable downgrade from Spinola's amazing Beerus and they always use Songoku.

All in all the only things I disliked were the mixing of the songs( my head and ears still hurt) and the organization of the event. People who arrived early like me were sent to a shitty screen room, as for the people who got there really late they were put in the same room as Loy and Quimbé and got the tickets and posters signed by them. As for my room? WE GOT JACKSHIT, even the tickets the guy who was giving them got out of our room early so I didn't even get one. Meanwhile people in Porto got to keep their tickets from the beginning. Simply ridiculous what they did, people who arrive early should be the ones to get special treatment if it exists, not the guys that got there so late.
Last edited by diogoarez on Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Luso Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Luso Saiyan » Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:32 pm

diogoarez wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:22 pmBoth, but they did a good job mixing them. Kakarotto is his name, Cachalote is a nickname.
But was that ever explained, or did they just go with past = Kakarotto and present day = Cachalote?

diogoarez
Beyond Newbie

Post by diogoarez » Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:34 pm

Luso Saiyan wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:32 pm
diogoarez wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 12:22 pmBoth, but they did a good job mixing them. Kakarotto is his name, Cachalote is a nickname.
But was that ever explained, or did they just go with past = Kakarotto and present day = Cachalote?
They just went with it, but by the tone said by Goku, I think it's easy to understand what they went for.

omegalucas
Advanced Regular

Post by omegalucas » Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:59 pm

I think the sound mixing problems of final battle have been present both in the Japanese and English releases as well.

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:31 pm

Well, looks like Cristina Cavalinhos is the only member left of the original cast. Sad to see Loy go but not as much as I was for Feist and Spínola, Loy was very unpredictable in regards to Vegeta so this is not that bad, inconsistencies aside, at least it seems that he had a good send off. The question now is who will replace Loy? It will take a long time to know since new episodes will only start airing in July if Biggs airs Super without any breaks but it will still be nice to know. This probably means more actors for the dub so I'm hoping for one more man and a very needed woman.

Luso Saiyan
Advanced Regular

Post by Luso Saiyan » Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:33 pm

Loy is leaving? Why?

Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Gafonso6 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:36 pm

Luso Saiyan wrote: Sat Mar 09, 2019 4:33 pm Loy is leaving? Why?
Misunderstandings between him and Audio-In.