Dragon Ball Super in Portugal

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 788
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:33 pm
Location: Portugal

Re: Dragon Ball Super in Portugal

Post by Gafonso6 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:20 pm

So I stepped into something interesting about the Broly dub.
I was searching for news about Super on Biggs and I found this, the rules for a contest hosted by Biggs where fans could choose the voices for Feist's and Spínola's characters and fans would do that by listening to some samples of the possible new voices. Funny thing is THIS NEVER HAPPENED, this contest was never a thing! It was planed to happen but they never did it! I only happened to find this while searching "Dragon Ball Super Biggs" on google and google shows file links first. On the contest section o biggs website you can see new and old contests and this was supposed to happen last week, for some reason it never did and I HOPE that it's because Feist and Spínola are in. This would explain why the trailer is taking so long though, either way we should get our answer soon since the trailer will probably drop this week. On a side note it's curious to see that Biggs is involved with the Broly dub, means they will probably air the movie in the future.
I'm just a DB fan that's in the grey area that exists between an Hardcore Fanboy and a Casual :P

User avatar
Luso Saiyan
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1307
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:33 am
Location: Portugal

Re: Dragon Ball Super in Portugal

Post by Luso Saiyan » Tue Feb 12, 2019 6:54 pm

Not Super related, but it seems Biggs is airing this month the first three Dragon Ball movies: https://biggs.pt/destacados/especial-ci ... agon-ball/

User avatar
omegalucas
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1316
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:04 pm
Location: Portugal

Re: Dragon Ball Super in Portugal

Post by omegalucas » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:19 pm

Gafonso6 wrote:So I stepped into something interesting about the Broly dub.
I was searching for news about Super on Biggs and I found this, the rules for a contest hosted by Biggs where fans could choose the voices for Feist's and Spínola's characters and fans would do that by listening to some samples of the possible new voices. Funny thing is THIS NEVER HAPPENED, this contest was never a thing! It was planed to happen but they never did it! I only happened to find this while searching "Dragon Ball Super Biggs" on google and google shows file links first. On the contest section o biggs website you can see new and old contests and this was supposed to happen last week, for some reason it never did and I HOPE that it's because Feist and Spínola are in. This would explain why the trailer is taking so long though, either way we should get our answer soon since the trailer will probably drop this week. On a side note it's curious to see that Biggs is involved with the Broly dub, means they will probably air the movie in the future.
Half of the characters listed aren't even in the movie. :lol: But nice, stuff is going on behind the scenes clearly.

But yeah, I have no doubt Spínola, Feist, Cavalinhos, Loy and Vala are in. I wish we could have confirmation of Paulo Espírito Santo. Maybe I should ask him on Facebook.
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

User avatar
Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 788
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:33 pm
Location: Portugal

Re: Dragon Ball Super in Portugal

Post by Gafonso6 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:27 pm

omegalucas wrote: Half of the characters listed aren't even in the movie. :lol: But nice, stuff is going on behind the scenes clearly.

But yeah, I have no doubt Spínola, Feist, Cavalinhos, Loy and Vala are in. I wish we could have confirmation of Paulo Espírito Santo. Maybe I should ask him on Facebook.
Nice to see confident about Feist and Spínola but I'm actually scared, the only thing that gives me hope is that the contest never happened when it was clearly going to.
If you want to ask Paulo Espírito Santo please do, maybe he won't answer because of an NDA but who knows. Worth a shot at least.

EDIT: also that file confirms once again the March 14 date. Guess it won't be changed unlike what I saw CinemaCity say.
I'm just a DB fan that's in the grey area that exists between an Hardcore Fanboy and a Casual :P

User avatar
omegalucas
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1316
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:04 pm
Location: Portugal

Re: Dragon Ball Super in Portugal

Post by omegalucas » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:34 pm

Gafonso6 wrote:
omegalucas wrote: Half of the characters listed aren't even in the movie. :lol: But nice, stuff is going on behind the scenes clearly.

But yeah, I have no doubt Spínola, Feist, Cavalinhos, Loy and Vala are in. I wish we could have confirmation of Paulo Espírito Santo. Maybe I should ask him on Facebook.
Nice to see confident about Feist and Spínola but I'm actually scared, the only thing that gives me hope is that the contest never happened when it was clearly going to.
If you want to ask Paulo Espírito Santo please do, maybe he won't answer because of an NDA but who knows. Worth a shot at least.
Also, now that I think about it, your findings are very first true confirmation of a dub! There were mentions of a dub back when Cinema City announced it but they were mainly assumptions.

Also, Espírito Santo answered. He will not be in the movie. From the wording of his answer there is clearly some stuff behind the scenes that lead to this but I'm not gonna pressure him to elaborate more.
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

User avatar
Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 788
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:33 pm
Location: Portugal

Re: Dragon Ball Super in Portugal

Post by Gafonso6 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:38 pm

omegalucas wrote:
Gafonso6 wrote:
omegalucas wrote: Half of the characters listed aren't even in the movie. :lol: But nice, stuff is going on behind the scenes clearly.

But yeah, I have no doubt Spínola, Feist, Cavalinhos, Loy and Vala are in. I wish we could have confirmation of Paulo Espírito Santo. Maybe I should ask him on Facebook.
Nice to see confident about Feist and Spínola but I'm actually scared, the only thing that gives me hope is that the contest never happened when it was clearly going to.
If you want to ask Paulo Espírito Santo please do, maybe he won't answer because of an NDA but who knows. Worth a shot at least.
Also, now that I think about it, your findings are very first true confirmation of a dub! There were mentions of a dub back when Cinema City announced it but they were mainly assumptions.

Also, Espírito Santo answered. He will not be in the movie. From the wording of his answer there is clearly some stuff behind the scenes that lead to this but I'm not gonna pressure him to elaborate more.
Oh no... Trouble behind the scenes... Let's hope that doesn't affect the main cast. Was he atleast contacted to be Paragus? ( Never mind the question, didn't see you posted his answer)
I'm just a DB fan that's in the grey area that exists between an Hardcore Fanboy and a Casual :P

User avatar
omegalucas
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1316
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:04 pm
Location: Portugal

Re: Dragon Ball Super in Portugal

Post by omegalucas » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:41 pm

I think this is something that predates Broly. Remember how his name appeared on the credits back in the first episodes of Super? I asked him back then and he said he was originally supposed to be on the cast, iirc. My bet is that the stuff happened there.
Last edited by omegalucas on Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:44 pm, edited 2 times in total.
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

User avatar
Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 788
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:33 pm
Location: Portugal

Re: Dragon Ball Super in Portugal

Post by Gafonso6 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:43 pm

omegalucas wrote:I think this is something that predates Broly. Remember how his name appeared on the credits back in the first episodes of Super? I asked him back then and he said he was originally supposed to be on the cast, iirc. My bet is that the stuff happened there.
Possibilty yeah. Maybe something happened that made him not want to be a part of Super
I'm just a DB fan that's in the grey area that exists between an Hardcore Fanboy and a Casual :P

User avatar
omegalucas
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1316
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:04 pm
Location: Portugal

Re: Dragon Ball Super in Portugal

Post by omegalucas » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:44 pm

One could always ask Loy, but with all the crap that went on with him and the fans, I'm a bit unconfortable doing it.
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

User avatar
Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 788
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:33 pm
Location: Portugal

Re: Dragon Ball Super in Portugal

Post by Gafonso6 » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:50 pm

omegalucas wrote:One could always ask Loy, but with all the crap that went on with him and the fans, I'm a bit unconfortable doing it.
Honestly, don't talk to Loy. I sent a message to Ricardo Mourão from the DB Portugal FB page, I talked to him when I traded messages with UCI and he did confirm it, he knows things. Let's just hope he answers (he is yet to see the message thought).
I'm just a DB fan that's in the grey area that exists between an Hardcore Fanboy and a Casual :P

User avatar
omegalucas
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1316
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:04 pm
Location: Portugal

Re: Dragon Ball Super in Portugal

Post by omegalucas » Tue Feb 12, 2019 7:59 pm

About Gabriel, I think he left the Facebook page. Back when the Loy shenanigans happened and the page made a statement about it, all the admins signed it, except him.
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

User avatar
diogoarez
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 141
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:58 pm
Location: Lisbon, Portugal

Re: Dragon Ball Super in Portugal

Post by diogoarez » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:01 pm

I want to be optimistic...But something that my friend just told me could also be the reason. What if Feist was blacklisted by Toei and Spinola, being his husband, followed him? It's not that farfetched and could explain why they're trying to replace them with tryhard lookalikes, I hope I'm wrong but at this point I'd not be surprised.

If this is true this is the end of our amazing Beerus and legendary Goku... :cry:

User avatar
omegalucas
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1316
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:04 pm
Location: Portugal

Re: Dragon Ball Super in Portugal

Post by omegalucas » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:04 pm

diogoarez wrote:I want to be optimistic...But something that my friend just told me could also be the reason. What if Feist was blacklisted by Toei and Spinola, being his husband, followed him? It's not that farfetched and could explain why they're trying to replace them with tryhard lookalikes, I hope I'm wrong but at this point I'd not be surprised.

If this is true this is the end of our amazing Beerus and legendary Goku... :cry:
Doubt it honestly. We're too low key to be noticed by Toei. But you never know.
DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

User avatar
diogoarez
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 141
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:58 pm
Location: Lisbon, Portugal

Re: Dragon Ball Super in Portugal

Post by diogoarez » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:14 pm

omegalucas wrote:
diogoarez wrote:I want to be optimistic...But something that my friend just told me could also be the reason. What if Feist was blacklisted by Toei and Spinola, being his husband, followed him? It's not that farfetched and could explain why they're trying to replace them with tryhard lookalikes, I hope I'm wrong but at this point I'd not be surprised.

If this is true this is the end of our amazing Beerus and legendary Goku... :cry:
Doubt it honestly. We're too low key to be noticed by Toei. But you never know.
After what happened with Feist appeared in some international anime forums and stuff I think they noticed it.

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 782
Joined: Tue May 26, 2015 2:56 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Super in Portugal

Post by SaintEvolution » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:25 pm

If Panda is going to redub it, can at least they cast more actors than the SIC dub did? Like some 6 or 7 actors more?
diogoarez wrote:
omegalucas wrote:
diogoarez wrote:I want to be optimistic...But something that my friend just told me could also be the reason. What if Feist was blacklisted by Toei and Spinola, being his husband, followed him? It's not that farfetched and could explain why they're trying to replace them with tryhard lookalikes, I hope I'm wrong but at this point I'd not be surprised.

If this is true this is the end of our amazing Beerus and legendary Goku... :cry:
Doubt it honestly. We're too low key to be noticed by Toei. But you never know.
After what happened with Feist appeared in some international anime forums and stuff I think they noticed it.
I remember it. Even here in Brazil some pages shared it. But he was really rude to Masako Nozawa and the japanese cast in general.

User avatar
diogoarez
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 141
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:58 pm
Location: Lisbon, Portugal

Re: Dragon Ball Super in Portugal

Post by diogoarez » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:29 pm

SaintEvolution wrote:If Panda is going to redub it, can at least they cast more actors than the SIC dub did? Like some 6 or 7 actors more?
Depends on the studio, going by these videos the cast will be full of amateurs, so if this goes to PSB expect more actors but atrocious dub

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 782
Joined: Tue May 26, 2015 2:56 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Super in Portugal

Post by SaintEvolution » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:33 pm

diogoarez wrote:
SaintEvolution wrote:If Panda is going to redub it, can at least they cast more actors than the SIC dub did? Like some 6 or 7 actors more?
Depends on the studio, going by these videos the cast will be full of amateurs, so if this goes to PSB expect more actors but atrocious dub
They could send it to 112, that did additional recording for the brazilian dub of Super, when Fábio Lucindo (brazilian Krillin) was studying at Coimbra like two years ago.

User avatar
diogoarez
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 141
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:58 pm
Location: Lisbon, Portugal

Re: Dragon Ball Super in Portugal

Post by diogoarez » Tue Feb 12, 2019 8:35 pm

SaintEvolution wrote:
diogoarez wrote:
SaintEvolution wrote:If Panda is going to redub it, can at least they cast more actors than the SIC dub did? Like some 6 or 7 actors more?
Depends on the studio, going by these videos the cast will be full of amateurs, so if this goes to PSB expect more actors but atrocious dub
They could send it to 112, that did additional recording for the brazilian dub of Super, when Fábio Lucindo (brazilian Krillin) was studying at Coimbra like two years ago.
They could and should since that is one of the best studios in Portugal, but honestly I'm afraid BIGGS will follow SIC's footsteps of the cheaper way is the way to go.

User avatar
omegalucas
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1316
Joined: Sat Oct 16, 2010 6:04 pm
Location: Portugal

Re: Dragon Ball Super in Portugal

Post by omegalucas » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:29 pm

DragonBoxZTheMovies wrote:Kanzenshuu! We annoy voice actors, get composers fired....and occasionally talk about Dragon Ball

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 782
Joined: Tue May 26, 2015 2:56 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Super in Portugal

Post by SaintEvolution » Tue Feb 12, 2019 9:45 pm

So, was Feist really blacklisted from Toei's projects, or it's just Panda Biggs/Toei being cheap?

Post Reply