Dragon Ball Super in Portugal

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: Kanzenshuu Staff, General Help

User avatar
Luso Saiyan
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1285
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:33 am
Location: Portugal

Re: Dragon Ball Super in Portugal

Post by Luso Saiyan » Fri May 03, 2019 4:42 pm

omegalucas wrote:
Fri May 03, 2019 3:59 pm
Couldn't we try and pressure them to release a Blu-ray edition? It worked for the sub release on cinemas.
Some weeks ago I sent some e-mails asking if they were planning to release it on BD/DVD, but got no response.

User avatar
Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 768
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:33 pm
Location: Portugal

Re: Dragon Ball Super in Portugal

Post by Gafonso6 » Fri May 10, 2019 9:12 am

Films4you is the official distributor for Home and VOD releases in Portugal. Seems that a Blu-ray release was never an option since they never do Blu-ray releases.
I'm just a DB fan that's in the grey area that exists between an Hardcore Fanboy and a Casual :P

User avatar
FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5271
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:07 pm
Location: Portugal

Re: Dragon Ball Super in Portugal

Post by FortuneSSJ » Fri May 10, 2019 5:02 pm

In case anyone wants to buy, Bershka is selling new DB t-shirts.
A red one with SSJ Goku and a white one with Shenlong and DB Logo.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

User avatar
Luso Saiyan
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1285
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:33 am
Location: Portugal

Re: Dragon Ball Super in Portugal

Post by Luso Saiyan » Sun May 12, 2019 8:42 am

FNAC updated the specs of the DVD entry. It appears it will only have portuguese and english audio.

Disappointing, but the specs are still incomplete, so japanese audio might be added later on.

User avatar
Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 768
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:33 pm
Location: Portugal

Re: Dragon Ball Super in Portugal

Post by Gafonso6 » Thu May 16, 2019 8:09 am

For those who don't know BIGGS is premiering two brand new episodes on Iberanime.
They're premiering two ToP episodes and since all the ToP episodes until 104 are still with SIC it's easy to assume that it will be the first time 105 and 106 will be shown in Portugal.
105 will premiere on Saturday at 1:30PM on the main stage and 106 on Sunday at 2PM also on the main stage.
I really hope someone records both episodes, especially 106 because it has a bunch of characters that got new voices.
I'm just a DB fan that's in the grey area that exists between an Hardcore Fanboy and a Casual :P

User avatar
diogoarez
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 138
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:58 pm
Location: Lisbon, Portugal

Re: Dragon Ball Super in Portugal

Post by diogoarez » Thu May 16, 2019 1:40 pm

Gafonso6 wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 8:09 am
For those who don't know BIGGS is premiering two brand new episodes on Iberanime.
They're premiering two ToP episodes and since all the ToP episodes until 104 are still with SIC it's easy to assume that it will be the first time 105 and 106 will be shown in Portugal.
105 will premiere on Saturday at 1:30PM on the main stage and 106 on Sunday at 2PM also on the main stage.
I really hope someone records both episodes, especially 106 because it has a bunch of characters that got new voices.
Nice, hopefully someone recognizes Vegeta's new voice.

User avatar
Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 768
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:33 pm
Location: Portugal

Re: Dragon Ball Super in Portugal

Post by Gafonso6 » Thu May 16, 2019 2:46 pm

So I found this podcast with Miguel Raposo and right on the first 2 minutes Miguel Raposo reveals he's the new voice of Limit Break x Survivor, he´s a professional singer so it makes sense. Wonder if he'll dub Ultimate Battle too.

EDIT: He also reveals he's the new voice of Master Roshi. This will be a very interesting podcast to hear. Ultra Instinct is translated as "Ultra Instinto".
I'm just a DB fan that's in the grey area that exists between an Hardcore Fanboy and a Casual :P

User avatar
diogoarez
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 138
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:58 pm
Location: Lisbon, Portugal

Re: Dragon Ball Super in Portugal

Post by diogoarez » Thu May 16, 2019 3:24 pm

Gafonso6 wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 2:46 pm
So I found this podcast with Miguel Raposo and right on the first 2 minutes Miguel Raposo reveals he's the new voice of Limit Break x Survivor, he´s a professional singer so it makes sense. Wonder if he'll dub Ultimate Battle too.

EDIT: He also reveals he's the new voice of Master Roshi. This will be a very interesting podcast to hear. Ultra Instinct is translated as "Ultra Instinto".
At least it's better than Autonomous Ultra Instinct like the English Dub, I'm really curious if they'll dub Ultimate Battle.

User avatar
diogoarez
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 138
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:58 pm
Location: Lisbon, Portugal

Re: Dragon Ball Super in Portugal

Post by diogoarez » Thu May 16, 2019 3:36 pm

Miguel Raposo's love for Dragon Ball(and Naruto for that matter) is really showing, this guy will go far as Goku and he'll be amazing at it for sure.

User avatar
Luso Saiyan
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1285
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:33 am
Location: Portugal

Re: Dragon Ball Super in Portugal

Post by Luso Saiyan » Fri May 17, 2019 4:36 am

Gafonso6 wrote:
Thu May 16, 2019 2:46 pm
So I found this podcast with Miguel Raposo and right on the first 2 minutes Miguel Raposo reveals he's the new voice of Limit Break x Survivor, he´s a professional singer so it makes sense.
Annoying podcaster, but it's surprisingly nice to hear that Raposo is a fan himself and is relatively well versed in the material too.

Paulo Gabriel
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 120
Joined: Fri May 19, 2017 3:28 am

Re: Dragon Ball Super in Portugal

Post by Paulo Gabriel » Fri May 17, 2019 5:28 am

Remember the old days when the dub of DBZ back in Portugal was a complete mess? It's almost like they were making fun of the anime -- or targetting it at very young kids.

User avatar
Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 768
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:33 pm
Location: Portugal

Re: Dragon Ball Super in Portugal

Post by Gafonso6 » Fri May 17, 2019 9:24 am

The DVD specs on FNAC for Broly got updated once again. The english audio was a mistake and now that the specs are complete the DVD is confirmed to have the dub and the original audio.
I'm just a DB fan that's in the grey area that exists between an Hardcore Fanboy and a Casual :P

User avatar
Desassina
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1223
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 9:04 am

Re: Dragon Ball Super in Portugal

Post by Desassina » Fri May 17, 2019 9:27 am

Gafonso6 wrote:
Fri May 17, 2019 9:24 am
The DVD specs on FNAC for Broly got updated once again. The english audio was a mistake and now that the specs are complete the DVD is confirmed to have the dub and the original audio.
Yes! :thumbup: I still wish that it could have been Blu-Ray though.

User avatar
Luso Saiyan
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1285
Joined: Wed Sep 25, 2013 10:33 am
Location: Portugal

Re: Dragon Ball Super in Portugal

Post by Luso Saiyan » Fri May 17, 2019 2:51 pm

Indeed, it's a pity that there's no Blu-ray. Still, considering our market, it's good to see it having a physical release at all. I only wish they had taken the opportunity to have proper releases of the other movies and TV specials. The existing ones that are out of print are hideous VHS ports...

User avatar
diogoarez
Beyond Newbie
Posts: 138
Joined: Fri Sep 22, 2017 12:58 pm
Location: Lisbon, Portugal

Re: Dragon Ball Super in Portugal

Post by diogoarez » Sat May 18, 2019 10:30 am

Looks like Vegeta may be played by Simon Frankel, according to a friend of mine he was the only new name in the end credits, so it may be him. I really like his past works so I'm curious to see how he'll tackle this character.

User avatar
Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 768
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:33 pm
Location: Portugal

Re: Dragon Ball Super in Portugal

Post by Gafonso6 » Sun May 19, 2019 5:38 pm

So I managed to find some recordings of episodes 105 and 106.
Gohan, Piccolo and Roshi sound a lot like the previous voices but Tenshinhan and Vegeta are actually very different, with Tenshinhan being the biggest offender (not that I complain since I was never a big fan of Spínola's Tenshinhan).

Piccolo and Vegeta are both done by Frankel and tbh I think his Vegeta will take some getting used to both to the audience and to him since I'm sure the more episodes he does the better he gets (106 was the first time he did Vegeta), his Vegeta reminds me a lot of Eric Legrand (the French Vegeta), it's better than Loy in Super but I need to see more to know if it's better than Loy in Broly.

If any of you want to check the voices out DM and I can send you the clips.
I'm just a DB fan that's in the grey area that exists between an Hardcore Fanboy and a Casual :P

User avatar
FortuneSSJ
Born 'n Bred Here
Posts: 5271
Joined: Sat Mar 30, 2013 9:07 pm
Location: Portugal

Re: Dragon Ball Super in Portugal

Post by FortuneSSJ » Mon May 20, 2019 12:55 pm

There was a lot of exposition for Dragon Ball Super on Iberanime. Panda Biggs surely knows how to market their shows. I'm impressed!
Also props to the organization for inviting Hironobu Kageyama again. I'ts always more hype to hear him live.
A world without Dragon Ball is just meh.

User avatar
Quebaz
Advanced Regular
Posts: 1185
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:57 am
Location: Portugal
Contact:

Re: Dragon Ball Super in Portugal

Post by Quebaz » Mon May 20, 2019 3:10 pm

diogoarez wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 10:30 am
Looks like Vegeta may be played by Simon Frankel, according to a friend of mine he was the only new name in the end credits, so it may be him. I really like his past works so I'm curious to see how he'll tackle this character.
I managed to catch the episode while I was there and it was honestly really bad. I know Simon is a good actor and all, but the voice he chose for the character belongs to Gohan, not Vegeta, hell at times it sounded like he was trying to imitate Miguel's Goku.
A LUZ INFINITA!
Steam: Quebaz
PSN: BSSJ3
Tumblr

User avatar
Gafonso6
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 768
Joined: Sat Nov 12, 2016 12:33 pm
Location: Portugal

Re: Dragon Ball Super in Portugal

Post by Gafonso6 » Mon May 20, 2019 3:19 pm

Quebaz wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 3:10 pm
diogoarez wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 10:30 am
Looks like Vegeta may be played by Simon Frankel, according to a friend of mine he was the only new name in the end credits, so it may be him. I really like his past works so I'm curious to see how he'll tackle this character.
I managed to catch the episode while I was there and it was honestly really bad. I know Simon is a good actor and all, but the voice he chose for the character belongs to Gohan, not Vegeta, hell at times it sounded like he was trying to imitate Miguel's Goku.
I agree to a certain point since I only saw one minute of him as Vegeta but I do believe his Vegeta voice needs to be a little lower and I believe that with time it will be, first time he did Vegeta so I'm going to give him a break. At least it will never be as bad as Vitor Rocha's Vegeta.
I'm just a DB fan that's in the grey area that exists between an Hardcore Fanboy and a Casual :P

SaintEvolution
OMG CRAZY REG
Posts: 782
Joined: Tue May 26, 2015 2:56 pm

Re: Dragon Ball Super in Portugal

Post by SaintEvolution » Mon May 20, 2019 6:38 pm

Gafonso6 wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 3:19 pm
Quebaz wrote:
Mon May 20, 2019 3:10 pm
diogoarez wrote:
Sat May 18, 2019 10:30 am
Looks like Vegeta may be played by Simon Frankel, according to a friend of mine he was the only new name in the end credits, so it may be him. I really like his past works so I'm curious to see how he'll tackle this character.
I managed to catch the episode while I was there and it was honestly really bad. I know Simon is a good actor and all, but the voice he chose for the character belongs to Gohan, not Vegeta, hell at times it sounded like he was trying to imitate Miguel's Goku.
I agree to a certain point since I only saw one minute of him as Vegeta but I do believe his Vegeta voice needs to be a little lower and I believe that with time it will be, first time he did Vegeta so I'm going to give him a break. At least it will never be as bad as Vitor Rocha's Vegeta.
Isn't he the voice of Kageyama in the portuguese dub of Haikyuu? I never saw Haikyuu in portuguese, but Kageyama is a teenager character, and I wouldn't imagine him sharing a voice actor with Vegeta and Piccolo.

Post Reply