How would you like Super to end?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

sintzu
Banned

Re: How would you like Super to end?

Post by sintzu » Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:49 pm

saiyanvegetable wrote:A formal apology by Akira and Toei to the fans.
They think they're doing a good job so the chances of that happening are slim to none.

Toei went as far as to say that fans are making a big deal about e5 and it wasn't as bad is it was made out to be.

Toriyama hasn't done anything that bad so he doesn't need to apologize for anything.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

fadeddreams5
Born 'n Bred Here

Post by fadeddreams5 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:50 pm

We've had an arc centered around Frieza. Now one about Trunks. The next one (after the tournament and inevitable slice of life) will likely be about Majin Buu. Watch. They still haven't had the opportunity to reveal his real origin in the anime.
"Dragon Ball once became a thing of the past to me, but after that, I got angry about the live action movie, re-wrote an entire movie script, and now I'm complaining about the quality of the new TV anime. It seems Dragon Ball has grown on me so much that I can't leave it alone." - Akira Toriyama on Dragon Ball Super

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:54 pm

fadeddreams5 wrote:We've had an arc centered around Frieza. Now one about Trunks. The next one (after the tournament and inevitable slice of life) will likely be about Majin Buu. Watch. They still haven't had the opportunity to reveal his real origin in the anime.
There is a pattern.

Original story (BOG)
Rehash from the past (RF)
Original story (Champa arc)
Rehash from the past (Trunks arc)

So maybe the next arc will be the tournament or Salad visit then we'll get a Buu arc afterwords.

saiyanvegetable
Temporarily Banned

Post by saiyanvegetable » Mon Jun 13, 2016 11:53 am

sintzu wrote:
saiyanvegetable wrote:A formal apology by Akira and Toei to the fans.
They think they're doing a good job so the chances of that happening are slim to none.

Toei went as far as to say that fans are making a big deal about e5 and it wasn't as bad is it was made out to be.

Toriyama hasn't done anything that bad so he doesn't need to apologize for anything.
The fact that Toei went so far as to blame the fucking fans for it's lackluster garbage animation (ep 5 might have been the spark, but let's be real - the show's production has been garbage) is enough cause for an apology and absolutely insulting, especially when you can pull up clips from the show's predecessor (that was made almost 20 years ago) and put the current production to shame. What a cowardly, scumbag move that really shows you the toxic mindset behind Super.

How anyone in their right fucking mind can say they're doing a "good job" is fucking beyond me. I don't care what franchise it is, if you butcher a production so bad on every level I'd have fired everyone involved with a supervising position a long time ago.

As for Toriyama, him sitting by while this happens shows how much he cares for these characters.

Jayayo

Post by Jayayo » Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:23 pm

I hope the series will end with a classic Goku and Vegeta ''facing each other while smiling'' scene.
The REAL battle we will never see...
'' Life is like a anime, make every episode count. Nobody likes fillers ''
- Jayayo

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Mon Jun 13, 2016 1:42 pm

We get it guys, some of you dislike Super to the point of not wanting it to exist. We get it. So do we really need to hear it yet again in a thread meant to evoke discussion of how you'd want to see it end in a story-related manner? It has gone way past the point of being old, to the point of sounding like a broken record.

Myself personally, I want one of two things, both of which have kind of been mentioned already.

1) If the series doesn't go past the end of 'Z', I'd like to see something that shines a new light on the ending of the manga. We always used to assume Goku wanted to fight and train Oob because the last really tough thing he fought was Kid Boo, and now here that guy is reborn. But with our new knowledge? Showcase it differently. Maybe Goku wants to train and fight him because, with Oob already having that much potential just as an untrained kid, he imagines just how much stronger he'll be once properly trained. Maybe the multi-universal tournament doesn't happen in Super's timeframe, but is something that's going to happen after the end of the series - maybe Goku wants to get Oob trained and ready to take part in that. There are plenty of new, interesting ways they can spin the ending we knew, and still make it all work.

- or -

2) If the series does go past the ending, then show us some stuff with Pan and Oob taking center stage. Sure, maybe they don't surpass Goku or anyone else, but there are ways to still give them the limelight for a bit. Maybe a final opponent that Goku and Vegeta are able to wear down but ultimately unable to beat, and the combined efforts of Pan and Oob only prove too much for the foe after being way too tired from fighting those two (or maybe they manage to injure him and he doesn't even realize it until he fights again). Pan and Oob, and to a sadly somewhat lesser degree Goten and Trunks, are touted as the 'next generation', it's time we finally get something that actually showcases it better than GT tried and...well...didn't really try, to do. Or, if the universal tournament is after the series, show us some of what that is, with Pan and Oob involved. Or, even better, work in as much 'Online' backstory hints as you can. I'm all for all of this.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:05 pm

It should have a similar ending to the original Kai one. Tournament or other fights featured while playing the terrible opening theme.

But I do agree with Gyt Kaliba in that we don't need yet another thread for complaining about Super. If you don't like it, maybe keep it to yourself, or at least don't drag it on?
MyAnimeList | AniList
Discord: suchmisfortune

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Jun 13, 2016 2:22 pm

saiyanvegetable wrote:As for Toriyama, him sitting by while this happens shows how much he cares for these characters.
According to Kei17 he isn't or wasn't happy about its quality and it got to a point where he was thinking of leaving so he isn't completely OK with what's going on.

Keep in mind that he doesn't work at Toei so there's only so much he can do for its production but I think there's a lot he could do for its writing and tone.
Anime Kitten wrote:We don't need yet another thread for complaining about Super. If you don't like it, maybe keep it to yourself.
Fans who hate on it do it because of how much they love the original, not because they want to ruin other topics.

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:10 pm

sintzu wrote:Fans who hate on it do it because of how much they love the original, not because they want to ruin other topics.
I understand, but sometimes it seems like they do try to ruin topics, unfortunately...
Also off-topic, just curious on your opinion of Super. I've seen a lot of your posts, and I can't tell where you stand on it.
MyAnimeList | AniList

Gyt Kaliba
Kicks it Old-School

Post by Gyt Kaliba » Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:14 pm

sintzu wrote:Fans who hate on it do it because of how much they love the original, not because they want to ruin other topics.
Not intentionally perhaps, but when the same usual suspects seem to bring it up each and every opportunity they get? One does begin to wonder why they don't instead just go to topics about stuff they do like about the franchise, rather than going 'Oh hey, it's another thread about that thing I hate. Better go on in there and say how much I hate it all for the nine-thousand-and-first time'.

It's the equivalent of someone joining a forum about anime in general, and every time a DBZ thread pops up, them making it a point to go in and mention how much they really hate the series. Or someone going into a fast food restaurant only to then complain that they hate fast food.
AniManga Travelogue - Currently Reviewing: Dragon Ball (Z)
Twitter
Switch Friend Code: SW-0745-6427-7791 (let's play some Dragon Ball: The Breakers!)

Anime Kitten
I Live Here

Post by Anime Kitten » Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:16 pm

Gyt Kaliba wrote:Not intentionally perhaps, but when the same usual suspects seem to bring it up each and every opportunity they get? One does begin to wonder why they don't instead just go to topics about stuff they do like about the franchise, rather than going 'Oh hey, it's another thread about that thing I hate. Better go on in there and say how much I hate it all for the nine-thousand-and-first time'.
Yes, exactly what I mean! Surprised we share the same thoughts... :wtf:
Great minds think alike? :lol:
MyAnimeList | AniList

SansrivaaL
I Live Here

Post by SansrivaaL » Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:24 pm

Ending should be a twist
Goku: Hail King Vegeta.
You know, how we all thought he lost his aggressiveness as a saiyan because of bumping his head on a cliff or something, and he was only hiding it :lol:

ryou766
Advanced Regular

Post by ryou766 » Mon Jun 13, 2016 3:59 pm

SansrivaaL wrote:Ending should be a twist
Goku: Hail King Vegeta.
You know, how we all thought he lost his aggressiveness as a saiyan because of bumping his head on a cliff or something, and he was only hiding it :lol:
That would be "Hail Hydra" all over again.

Cetra
I Live Here

Post by Cetra » Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:03 pm

With a tie-in to the scene where Goku trains with Goten and Pan.
"Citation needed."
"too lazy

feel free to take it with grain of salt or discredit me altogether, I'm not losing any sleep"

Pannaliciour
OMG CRAZY REGEN

Post by Pannaliciour » Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:04 pm

Beerus waking up and everything was a dream:p

Raditz

Post by Raditz » Mon Jun 13, 2016 4:50 pm

Vegeta flying away with Cabba, abandoning his family to train him. Then a close up of Goku saying "I want muffins".

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Mon Jun 13, 2016 5:24 pm

Anime Kitten wrote:Just curious on your opinion of Super. I've seen a lot of your posts, and I can't tell where you stand on it.
Overall I'm disappointed with it cause I know it has the potential to be a great show but Toei and Toriyama don't want to put in the work so instead we're stuck with an underdeveloped product that hurts the original's legacy and has no respect for the millions of fans who got this franchise to where it is now.

ChronoTwigger
Advanced Regular

Post by ChronoTwigger » Tue Jun 14, 2016 4:56 pm

sintzu wrote:
Anime Kitten wrote:Just curious on your opinion of Super. I've seen a lot of your posts, and I can't tell where you stand on it.
Overall I'm disappointed with it cause I know it has the potential to be a great show but Toei and Toriyama don't want to put in the work so instead we're stuck with an underdeveloped product that hurts the original's legacy and has no respect for the millions of fans who got this franchise to where it is now.
Yourself.

=====
It's hard to conceive an ending, as I had more epic plots in mind when the series was announced.
Instead I got something different.
All the arcs and movies ended with a fun or lighthearted scene so I think the tradition will be in Super too.
EoZ will not be even touched or mentioned,staying miles away and never suggested. There's no need to link anything about or explain with coherence what one day will happen.
SUPER is a product on his own, how can you end the final DVD with something like "now people go back to the last DBZ DVD to see what's going on". No way. Super will be self contained.
I learned english listening to songs. So I don't know anything about. The day you had to learn play piano by just listening .mp3, you'll understand.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Tue Jun 14, 2016 5:57 pm

ChronoTwigger wrote:
sintzu wrote:
Yourself.
What ? a sentence at least would be appreciated.

Araki
Advanced Regular

Post by Araki » Tue Jun 14, 2016 6:04 pm

sintzu wrote:
ChronoTwigger wrote: Yourself.
What ? a sentence at least would be appreciated.
He means you're speaking for youself, and don't represent millions.