Who should beat Black?

Discussion specifically regarding the "Dragon Ball Super" TV series premiering July 2015 in Japan, including individual threads for each episode.

Moderators: General Help, Kanzenshuu Staff

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Re: Who should beat Black?

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:08 pm

Wasn't Toriyama gonna use Gogeta in the manga anyhow but refrained from doing so because he was gonna be a big selling point for movie 12 or is that merely fan speculation?
sintzu wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:You don't even have the Cell Arcs loophole of Trunks getting to kill all the Androids in the future despite failing to do so in the past.
He also killed Cell and Freeza.

I just hope they do something worthwhile with him cause if Black is the only villain than there's a chance Trunks will sit on the side while Goku and/or Vegeta take care of him.
That'll probably happen, sadly.
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

How the Black Arc Should End (by Lightbing!):

Kuririn Fan
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Kuririn Fan » Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:08 pm

ryou766 wrote:
Kuririn Fan wrote:
ryou766 wrote: No reason to go through that trouble when the fusion dance exists.
Vegetto is stronger than Gogeta, though.
Gojita would still be strong enough with the combined powers of two SSJGs.
Vegetto is cooler than Gogeta, though.

ryou766
Advanced Regular

Post by ryou766 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:09 pm

Kuririn Fan wrote:Vegetto is cooler than Gogeta, though.
Personal opinions are personal opinions.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:10 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:Wasn't Toriyama gonna use Gogeta in the manga anyhow but refrained from doing so because he was gonna be a big selling point for movie 12 or is that merely fan speculation?
Yeah, he said in an interview that he was planning on them doing the fusion dance but due to movie 12 using it he thought up the Potara fusion instead which I think made the arc better so not only is m12 a great movie, it also made the Buu arc better than it was going to be.
July 9th 2018 will be remembered as the day Broly became canon.

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:12 pm

sintzu wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:Wasn't Toriyama gonna use Gogeta in the manga anyhow but refrained from doing so because he was gonna be a big selling point for movie 12 or is that merely fan speculation?
Yeah, he said in an interview that he was planning on them doing the fusion dance but due to movie 12 using it he thought up the Potara fusion instead which I think made the arc better so not only is m12 a great movie, it also made the Buu arc better than it was going to be.
Nah, the best version of the Boo Saga is one where Goku and Vegeta fail then its up to King Kai's B team of Yamcha and Krillin to save the universe ;)
When someone tells you, "Don't present your opinion as fact," what they're actually saying is, "Don't present your opinion with any conviction. Because I don't like your opinion, and I want to be able to dismiss it as easily as possible." Don't fall for it.

Kuririn Fan
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Kuririn Fan » Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:13 pm

Gohan should beat Black!
Don't stop believing!!!

ryou766
Advanced Regular

Post by ryou766 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:13 pm

If Gogeta does happen to be used in the arc against Black, I hope he's more similar to his M12 counterpart in the sense that he's a silent but deadly warrior as opposed to some prankster.

Kuririn Fan
Banned Alternate Account

Post by Kuririn Fan » Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:14 pm

ryou766 wrote:If Gogeta does happen to be used in the arc against Black, I hope he's more similar to his M12 counterpart in the sense that he's a silent but deadly warrior as opposed to some prankster.
I don't think he'll appear, as he's more of a non-canon kinda guy. Vegetto is more likely to appear.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:19 pm

Kuririn Fan wrote:Gohan should beat Black!
Don't stop believing!!!
If Super's Gohan was the same as he was against Cell and Super Buu then it would be the perfect choice to have him and Trunks team up against him and defeat him.

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:25 pm

Future Trunks.
Though that's incredibly unlikely.
If not him, then Vegeta of some variety. Gogeta and Vegito accepted. This is about Vegeta's family. It's his son's future counterpart being attacked, his wife's future counterpart being killed, and his... son's future counterpart's girlfriend possibly also being killed... or something.
Besides, Goku-Black is Kakarot enough. Plus, maybe being the "winner" for an arc will allow him to settle down for a little while and get a daughter, hint hint
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

Chelentano
Beyond-the-Beyond Newbie

Post by Chelentano » Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:27 pm

I would like to see Gohan beating him. Not saying this as a hardcore fan of Gohan, but I like the idea of future Trunks's "kinda old master" bringing him some peace. It would be cool to give Vegeta a chance too, though.

But knowing that will be Goku the one taking Black down, I hope he does it in an original way this time.
Steam profile: psn_chelentano
Xenoverse 2 characters: Rugal (female Saiyan), Salacadula (male Majin), Sleet (Freezer race)

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:37 pm

Alruneia wrote:This is about Vegeta's family. It's his son's future counterpart being attacked, his wife's future counterpart being killed, and his... son's future counterpart's girlfriend possibly also being killed... or something.
When you put it that way it makes a lot of sense to have him be this arc's hero but if this image is anything to go by then it's not going to happen.

ryou766
Advanced Regular

Post by ryou766 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:38 pm

It does seem odd for them not to place Vegeta somewhere in that opening line-up yet add Mai.

sintzu
Banned

Post by sintzu » Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:41 pm

ryou766 wrote:It does seem odd for them not to place Vegeta somewhere in that opening line-up yet add Mai.
It was more odd that we didn't get episode titles this week so it seems like they want to keep as much a secret as possible so maybe that's what they're doing with Vegeta.

Alruneia
I Live Here

Post by Alruneia » Sun Jun 12, 2016 4:42 pm

sintzu wrote:
Alruneia wrote:This is about Vegeta's family. It's his son's future counterpart being attacked, his wife's future counterpart being killed, and his... son's future counterpart's girlfriend possibly also being killed... or something.
When you put it that way it makes a lot of sense to have him be this arc's hero but if this image is anything to go by then it's not going to happen.
I know, I know... but a girl can hope.

Here's a shot with higher quality, by the way:
Probably Kanzenshuu's biggest Bulla fangirl. Current avatar: DBU Bulla as Sailor Princess Sadala, based on Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance

Dragon Ball Ultimate - 74 out of 150 chapters complete
JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: Action Blue - link
Sailor Moon: Mindful of Love - link | Sailor Moon: Cosmic Dance - link

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:02 pm

ryou766 wrote:It does seem odd for them not to place Vegeta somewhere in that opening line-up yet add Mai.
Obviously Black is going to absorb Mai, assume her physical form then use it to seduce Trunks, hence her prevalent role in the opening ;)

ryou766
Advanced Regular

Post by ryou766 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:02 pm

ekrolo2 wrote:
Obviously Black is going to absorb Mai, assume her physical form then use it to seduce Trunks, hence her prevalent role in the opening ;)
Highlight of this arc.

Chuquita
Namekian Warrior

Post by Chuquita » Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:03 pm

Future Trunks or Vegeta, since it was Future Bulma who got killed.
My deviantart * My tumblr * My twitter
---
フレフレ みんあ! フレフレ 私!

ekrolo2
Kicks it Old-School

Post by ekrolo2 » Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:05 pm

ryou766 wrote:
ekrolo2 wrote:
Highlight of this arc.
Notice I didn't specify which Trunks she'd be going after :P

namekiansaiyan
I Live Here

Post by namekiansaiyan » Sun Jun 12, 2016 5:09 pm

It will not be Vegeta and he will never defeat the main villain as that is how the show works. It will be a team victory as Zeno and Beerus will be in trouble so I doubt any single person can do it.